ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags "A Wilderness of Error" , "Fatal Vision" , errol morris , Jeffrey MacDonald , Joe MacGinniss , murder cases

Old 10th January 2019, 04:54 PM   #841
desmirelle
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by byn63 View Post
Is it bad to say I expected you to say tie a knot in the rope and slip it over your head, Desi?

No, you've been on enough boards with me to expect that one.
desmirelle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2019, 12:29 PM   #842
byn63
Muse

So does anyone (other than possibly henri) think inmate will appeal to the USSC to be heard on this last decision?
byn63 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2019, 04:13 PM   #843
JTF
Graduate Poster

It's A Lock

BYN: I would be shocked if inmate doesn't appeal to the United States Supreme Court. Considering that they've already heard the case (e.g., 1977 and 1981), the chances of them hearing the case a 3rd time are remote.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2019, 03:17 AM   #844
JTF
Graduate Poster

Pure Gold

Considering inmate's current legal plight, portions of his rant to Jerry Allen Potter are pure gold.

"And, poor thing, she even thinks she was in my house that night, watching Colette struggling with Greg Mitchell, and Mitchell's a, guess what? A brown-haired, left-handed guy and the experts say that Colette was killed by a left-handed guy."

COMMENT: Interesting how inmate clarifies that Stoeckley "thinks" she was present at the crime scene and that Mitchell merely struggled with Colette. When inmate refers to "the experts," he is referring to a whopping 2 experts. What inmate doesn't say is that both of these experts admit that the wielder of the club could have used a two-handed grip when swinging this brutal weapon.

"Then they find fresh candle wax, and not just anywhere, mind you. They find it where? On the coffee table, and in Kimmie's room."

COMMENT: All 3 wax samples were dry, one sample found in Kimmie's room resembled birthday candle wax, and the other sample found in her room resembled wax found on a wine bottle in the dining room. The 3rd sample was not found on the coffee table, but was located on the underside of the table. That sample was the oldest of the 3 unsourced wax samples as evidenced by the fact it contained household debris.

"Now, the army lab techs find a bloody syringe, a piece of skin on Colette's fingernail, four bloody gloves, blond wig hair, all kinds of unmatched fingerprints, and a hair in Colette's hand that isn't mine, hey a brown hair, by the way, and I'm blond, but they cover all this up..."

COMMENT: Inmate does his usual mixing and matching of debunked claims and evidence that doesn't have any real exculpatory value. The bloody syringe never existed, it was never proven that the evidentiary item was a piece of skin, the four bloody (e.g., blood transfer, too minute to type) gloves were oven mitts and dish gloves, there is ample evidence that the source of the "wig" hair were dolls owned by the MacDonald children, finding unmatched prints in a lived in/ground floor residence is not unusual, and the brown hair eventually was sourced to inmate via DNA.

"And the foreign hair they found in Colette's hand, the one thing that clobbered them in the army hearing, has now become nothing. Somebody had cut it till it's too small to test."

COMMENT: Like Bost and Potter, inmate doesn't understand the basics of microscopic hair comparisons. The only hairs that are comparable under a microscope are head and pubic hairs. The hair that matched his DNA profile is a limb hair, so the cutting theory is just another example of amateur hour in the MacDonald Camp.

Potter: "But you can't prove Murtagh changed the evidence."
Inmate: "Can't prove anything until you can get your hands on it, and get him on the stand in an evidentiary hearing, which they aren't going to let me have."

COMMENT: The AFIP's DNA test results blew that "gotcha" moment out of the water. The results proved that Murtagh changed nothing, that inmate was the source of the broken, bloody limb hair, and that the defense didn't have the stones to put Murtagh on the stand at the 2012 evidentiary hearing. The lone government expert on their original witness list was CID lab technician Janice Glisson, but the defense never called Glisson to the stand. The defense knew that Glisson was more apt to hurt their case, so they focused on 2nd and 3rd hand hearsay testimony.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com

Last edited by JTF; 12th January 2019 at 03:42 AM.
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2019, 09:51 AM   #845
Henri McPhee
Illuminator

The Army CID are bent cops and the FBI lab are forensic fraudsters.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2019, 04:42 PM   #846
desmirelle
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
Yawn. That song is so bad and Henri sings it so off-key and so often that it's become BORING.
desmirelle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2019, 05:50 PM   #847
Whip
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
seeing you won't come to this country and get your boy out of jail with all your expert knowledge, shows who the real fraud is. why aren't you doing all you can to get him out and prove his innocence? trolling messageboards isn't going to cut it.
Whip is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:44 AM   #848
byn63
Muse

Originally Posted by JTF View Post
Considering inmate's current legal plight, portions of his rant to Jerry Allen Potter are pure gold.

"And, poor thing, she even thinks she was in my house that night, watching Colette struggling with Greg Mitchell, and Mitchell's a, guess what? A brown-haired, left-handed guy and the experts say that Colette was killed by a left-handed guy."

COMMENT: Interesting how inmate clarifies that Stoeckley "thinks" she was present at the crime scene and that Mitchell merely struggled with Colette. When inmate refers to "the experts," he is referring to a whopping 2 experts. What inmate doesn't say is that both of these experts admit that the wielder of the club could have used a two-handed grip when swinging this brutal weapon.
just like when he used the term "alleged intruders" he is telling the world that the intruders did not exist and that he in fact was the murderer, but you won't get the few remaining macolites to see that very simple FACT.

"Then they find fresh candle wax, and not just anywhere, mind you. They find it where? On the coffee table, and in Kimmie's room."

COMMENT: All 3 wax samples were dry, one sample found in Kimmie's room resembled birthday candle wax, and the other sample found in her room resembled wax found on a wine bottle in the dining room. The 3rd sample was not found on the coffee table, but was located on the underside of the table. That sample was the oldest of the 3 unsourced wax samples as evidenced by the fact it contained household debris.
I have always wondered where inmate got the idea that the wax was "fresh" because none of the descriptions I read came even close to calling the wax deposits fresh. Fresh wax is not brittle.....Oh, and not finding candles matching the drippings? I don't know anyone who saves the stubs of candles when they are past use as candles (unless they make their own candles or are going to make candles as a craft for Girl Scouts or similar).

"Now, the army lab techs find a bloody syringe, a piece of skin on Colette's fingernail, four bloody gloves, blond wig hair, all kinds of unmatched fingerprints, and a hair in Colette's hand that isn't mine, hey a brown hair, by the way, and I'm blond, but they cover all this up..."

COMMENT: Inmate does his usual mixing and matching of debunked claims and evidence that doesn't have any real exculpatory value. The bloody syringe never existed, it was never proven that the evidentiary item was a piece of skin, the four bloody (e.g., blood transfer, too minute to type) gloves were oven mitts and dish gloves, there is ample evidence that the source of the "wig" hair were dolls owned by the MacDonald children, finding unmatched prints in a lived in/ground floor residence is not unusual, and the brown hair eventually was sourced to inmate via DNA.
an imaginary bloody syringe is equal to the imaginary bloody partial palm print the defense tried to claim was on the foot board of the master bed. I STILL can not believe the gall of Bost and Potter to claim the oven mitts and dish gloves "as bloody gloves" as if anyone would have worn them while committing murder! geez, I don't know anyone with at least 2 functional brain cells that would even handle a knife while wearing an oven mitt!

I see desperation in the claims made by the defense about the "lost skin fragment" because Bill Ivory although a great investigator is NOT a forensics expert and he is the only one who 'thought' there was a skin fragment in the vial, no one qualified as a forensic tech of any kind ever saw the alleged skin fragment.

"And the foreign hair they found in Colette's hand, the one thing that clobbered them in the army hearing, has now become nothing. Somebody had cut it till it's too small to test."

COMMENT: Like Bost and Potter, inmate doesn't understand the basics of microscopic hair comparisons. The only hairs that are comparable under a microscope are head and pubic hairs. The hair that matched his DNA profile is a limb hair, so the cutting theory is just another example of amateur hour in the MacDonald Camp.
I agree - they are grasping for an anchor that is going to sink them but they didn't realize that it would take them down. I don't understand how allegedly intelligent people can not understand the basics of hair analysis. I don't know how many times I've replied with the simple fact that microscopy was not an option on that hair fragment just to have another person come back and question this basic FACT.

Potter: "But you can't prove Murtagh changed the evidence."

Inmate: "Can't prove anything until you can get your hands on it, and get him on the stand in an evidentiary hearing, which they aren't going to let me have."

COMMENT: The AFIP's DNA test results blew that "gotcha" moment out of the water. The results proved that Murtagh changed nothing, that inmate was the source of the broken, bloody limb hair, and that the defense didn't have the stones to put Murtagh on the stand at the 2012 evidentiary hearing. The lone government expert on their original witness list was CID lab technician Janice Glisson, but the defense never called Glisson to the stand. The defense knew that Glisson was more apt to hurt their case, so they focused on 2nd and 3rd hand hearsay testimony.
Some of the remaining macolites still claim that Murtagh switched that hair. I am waiting for any of them to explain exactly how this occurred without inmate being aware of it AND how did they get it to the exact size, shape, color, and dried blood of Colette as E-5 has been described from the beginning.....just like your time line challenge JTF it has gone unanswered.
byn63 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors