ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: Biden or Trump?
Biden 49 83.05%
Trump 7 11.86%
Libertarian, Putin, Kim, other, none of the above, Planet X, etc. 3 5.08%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 4th May 2020, 07:15 AM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: People's Democratic Republic of Planet X
Posts: 34,950
Dance around the May poll: Biden or Trump?

Let's do it again this month and see if it changes.
__________________
"Shemp, you are the one fixed point in an ever-changing universe." - Beady
"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
"[shemp is] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality." - Shakespeare
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 07:57 AM   #2
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles
 
TragicMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Monkey
Posts: 55,245
Biden or Trump what? Which is most fish-like? Biden. Which probably has the smellier farts? Trump.
__________________
You added nothing to that conversation, Barbara.
TragicMonkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 09:24 AM   #3
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Posts: 27,019
Dear Shemp: We really need clarity as to whether you're looking for who we WANT to win or who we think WILL win. Because I want Biden, but think Trump will win. Mostly by cheating, but that's another thread.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 09:44 AM   #4
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 44,537
Good luck with that.



Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Is this a poll asking who we want to win, or who we think will win?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 10:35 AM   #5
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher
 
Safe-Keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 9,062
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Let's do it again this month and see if it changes.
Seems so, zero votes for Trump this month .

(Yes, I know, early in the month, sample size, forummers might have died from corona since last time, etc.).
__________________
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 01:29 PM   #6
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,086
Absent clarification, I've decided this thread is about who we think will win and why.

Still Biden. The Reade story isn't gaining traction and it's one accusation to 25 against Trump. Trump's approval slipped another point and a third this last week.

Regardless of what he really said, the Clorox meme seems to have caught on. A large portion of the country believes he suggested we all drink bleach. Since the truth is just as stupid, correcting the record won't help him.

April Polling in Florida shows Biden pulling ahead, out of the margin of error. There aren't April polls for Ohio out but Michigan and Pennsylvania show Biden pulling ahead there. There does not appear to be a viable electoral map for Trump.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.

Last edited by Craig4; 4th May 2020 at 01:36 PM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 01:33 PM   #7
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher
 
Safe-Keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 9,062
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Still Biden. The Reade story isn't gaining traction and it's one accusation to 25 against Trump. Trump's approval slipped another point and a third this last week.
Also one of them bragged about assaulting women while the other denies ever doing such a thing.

Even if they were as bad, though, which would take a lot... one is probably decent, with a VP who can step in for him should he succumb to dementia, while the other is a dumpster fire increasingly surrounding himself with only other dumpster fires.
__________________
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 01:33 PM   #8
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: People's Democratic Republic of Planet X
Posts: 34,950
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Dear Shemp: We really need clarity as to whether you're looking for who we WANT to win or who we think WILL win. Because I want Biden, but think Trump will win. Mostly by cheating, but that's another thread.
It's who you think will win this poll.
__________________
"Shemp, you are the one fixed point in an ever-changing universe." - Beady
"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
"[shemp is] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality." - Shakespeare
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 01:35 PM   #9
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher
 
Safe-Keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 9,062
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Regardless of what he really said, the Clorox meme seems to have caught on. A large portion of the country believes he suggested we all drink bleach.
I still maintain he did. The whole "I wonder if" and "someone should look into that" routine was just him covering his back. If it turned out to be a good idea, he could take full credit. If it turned out to be BS, he could just shrug and say, "hey dude, I wus jus' thinkin' out loud."
__________________
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 01:37 PM   #10
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,086
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Dear Shemp: We really need clarity as to whether you're looking for who we WANT to win or who we think WILL win. Because I want Biden, but think Trump will win. Mostly by cheating, but that's another thread.
Even if he cheats, he needs a viable map and there isn't one right now.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 01:59 PM   #11
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles
 
TragicMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Monkey
Posts: 55,245
To answer the question seriously, I think Biden is more likely than Trump to injure his scrotum in a bicycle accident, and Trump is more likely than Biden to eat an owl without realizing it. Neither would look good with pierced nipples, so please don't try.
__________________
You added nothing to that conversation, Barbara.
TragicMonkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 02:08 PM   #12
Apathia
Philosopher
 
Apathia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 5,650
"Here we go round the prickly pear!"
__________________
"At the Supreme Court level where we work, 90 percent of any decision is emotional. The rational part of us supplies the reasons for supporting our predilections."
Justice William O. Douglas

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 02:15 PM   #13
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: People's Democratic Republic of Planet X
Posts: 34,950
Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
To answer the question seriously, I think Biden is more likely than Trump to injure his scrotum in a bicycle accident, and Trump is more likely than Biden to eat an owl without realizing it. Neither would look good with pierced nipples, so please don't try.
Do you really think Trump has ever ridden a bicycle? And if they don't serve it at McDonald's, Trump has never eaten it.
__________________
"Shemp, you are the one fixed point in an ever-changing universe." - Beady
"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
"[shemp is] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality." - Shakespeare
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 02:20 PM   #14
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 44,537
Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
To answer the question seriously, I think Biden is more likely than Trump to injure his scrotum in a bicycle accident, and Trump is more likely than Biden to eat an owl without realizing it. Neither would look good with pierced nipples, so please don't try.
I think Biden is more likely to tie an onion to his belt.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 02:30 PM   #15
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles
 
TragicMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Monkey
Posts: 55,245
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I think Biden is more likely to tie an onion to his belt.
And Trump is more likely to engage in a battle of wits with an onion, and lose.
__________________
You added nothing to that conversation, Barbara.
TragicMonkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 02:40 PM   #16
Delvo
الشيطان الأبيض
 
Delvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Tonawanda, NY
Posts: 8,534
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Absent clarification, I've decided this thread is about who we think will win and why.
The third option is the clarification. You can vote for some other person or not vote, but one of those two will win. (Technically, it's not impossible for one of them to die or withdraw first, but that's not what the third option here is describing.)
Delvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 06:30 PM   #17
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing
 
wasapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,954
I voted Biden, simply because that is what I want. Other then that, it is difficult to accept that Trump may serve another term. I don't even like to consider the possibility. But I've been shocked by the odious creature before.
__________________
Julia
wasapi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 06:41 PM   #18
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator
 
Roger Ramjets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,505
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
There does not appear to be a viable electoral map for Trump.
You're assuming there will be an election.
__________________
We don't want good, sound arguments. We want arguments that sound good.
Roger Ramjets is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 06:44 PM   #19
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,086
Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
I still maintain he did. The whole "I wonder if" and "someone should look into that" routine was just him covering his back. If it turned out to be a good idea, he could take full credit. If it turned out to be BS, he could just shrug and say, "hey dude, I wus jus' thinkin' out loud."
That's certainly possible. This one was just so stupid it got away from him.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 06:46 PM   #20
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,086
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
You're assuming there will be an election.
Why wouldn't there be? Trump can't stop it. The president plays no role in the holding of elections. There's no wiggle room here. The dates are written into the Constitution.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 06:48 PM   #21
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 12,871
Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
And Trump is more likely to engage in a battle of wits with an onion, and lose.
Nommed
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 06:48 PM   #22
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Posts: 27,019
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
It's who you think will win this poll.
So say that in the OP, dammit! Or give us more options:
I want Trump and he will win.
I want Biden, but Trump will win.
I want Biden and he will win.
I want Trump, but Biden will win.
I want someone else, but Trump will win.
I want someone else, but Biden will win.

How the hell hard is that?
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 08:01 PM   #23
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 15,397
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Quote:
Dear Shemp: We really need clarity as to whether you're looking for who we WANT to win or who we think WILL win. Because I want Biden, but think Trump will win. Mostly by cheating, but that's another thread.
Even if he cheats, he needs a viable map and there isn't one right now.
But the point of cheating is to win states that you weren't supposed to. It means the 'electoral map' doesn't apply any more.
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 11:12 PM   #24
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected
 
fishbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chilly Undieville
Posts: 7,207
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
It's who you think will win this poll.
That would be me.
Yay me!!!
__________________
"When you believe in things you don't understand, then you suffer . . . " - Stevie Wonder.
"It looks like the saddest, most crookedest candy corn in an otherwise normal bag of candy corns." Stormy Daniels
I hate bigots.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2020, 07:52 AM   #25
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 13,015
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
So say that in the OP, dammit! Or give us more options:
I want Trump and he will win.
I want Biden, but Trump will win.
I want Biden and he will win.
I want Trump, but Biden will win.
I want someone else, but Trump will win.
I want someone else, but Biden will win.

How the hell hard is that?
Well, ...

You know those Stooges.

When any of them get an idea of any sort, it is usually followed-up by an eye poke, face slap, nose tweek, floor roll, pie in the face, or something else that is quite silly.
__________________
On 22 JUL 2016, Candidate Donald Trump in his acceptance speech: "There can be no prosperity without law and order."
On 05 FEB 2019, President Donald Trump said in his Sate of the Union Address: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."
On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2020, 04:09 PM   #26
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,086
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
But the point of cheating is to win states that you weren't supposed to. It means the 'electoral map' doesn't apply any more.
It has to. There's no wiggle room on this one. To be elected Trump needs 270 electoral votes. He can cheat around the margins but that is what is required in the Constitution.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2020, 05:24 PM   #27
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Posts: 27,019
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
It has to. There's no wiggle room on this one. To be elected Trump needs 270 electoral votes. He can cheat around the margins but that is what is required in the Constitution.
Massive disenfranchisement of likely D voters.
Voter intimidation by armed thugs.
Multiple lawsuits both before and after the election.
Blatant bias by Trump appointed judges.
Etc, etc, etc.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2020, 05:27 PM   #28
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 23,289
May pole dance? This is about who you would prefer to have sexy times with, right?
Sideroxylon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2020, 07:51 PM   #29
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,086
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Massive disenfranchisement of likely D voters.
Voter intimidation by armed thugs.
Multiple lawsuits both before and after the election.
Blatant bias by Trump appointed judges.
Etc, etc, etc.
The armed thugs didn't materialize last time so I don't think they will again. The polling data is from likely voters who have already voted so disenfranchisement has already not worked on them. Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan all have Democrat governors so disenfranchisement is only likely to be an issue in Ohio and Florida. That won't matter because those three states take Biden to 278.

What will lawsuits do? No court, not even SCOTUS can award electoral points. Even in Florida in 2000 the SCOTUS only ordered to stop the recount and go with the state certified results. Even this court has stepped in the check Trump in the past. I'm not too worried about it overturning the constitutionally directed electoral process.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 02:29 AM   #30
The Don
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sir Fynwy
Posts: 28,538
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The armed thugs didn't materialize last time so I don't think they will again. The polling data is from likely voters who have already voted so disenfranchisement has already not worked on them. Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan all have Democrat governors so disenfranchisement is only likely to be an issue in Ohio and Florida. That won't matter because those three states take Biden to 278.

What will lawsuits do? No court, not even SCOTUS can award electoral points. Even in Florida in 2000 the SCOTUS only ordered to stop the recount and go with the state certified results. Even this court has stepped in the check Trump in the past. I'm not too worried about it overturning the constitutionally directed electoral process.
Coronavirus is disproportionately affecting minorities, who tend to vote Democrat. To protect minorities, I can see the GOP-run electoral authorities in red states which might flip blue, closing polling stations in minority districts (to prevent the spread of Coronavirus) and instead insist that people in those districts vote by postal ballot.

It's already been established* that postal ballots are subject to voter fraud and so in order to ensure that the election is fair and free from fraud, there will be extensive and thorough checks on those people in those districts to allow them a postal vote.

The upshot of this will be that only a tiny fraction of those eligible to vote in those districts get their postal votes in time and, as a result, President Trump and the GOP Senate candidate manage to edge a tight result.


* - by President Trump stating that it is so and his cronies agreeing with him


edited to add...

And when it is pointed out that the effect was to deprive minorities of their vote, the GOP will act surprised and say that all they were doing was trying to protect black lives and that no party and no President has ever done more for minorities.

Last edited by The Don; 7th May 2020 at 02:30 AM.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 04:26 AM   #31
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,086
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Coronavirus is disproportionately affecting minorities, who tend to vote Democrat. To protect minorities, I can see the GOP-run electoral authorities in red states which might flip blue, closing polling stations in minority districts (to prevent the spread of Coronavirus) and instead insist that people in those districts vote by postal ballot.

It's already been established* that postal ballots are subject to voter fraud and so in order to ensure that the election is fair and free from fraud, there will be extensive and thorough checks on those people in those districts to allow them a postal vote.

The upshot of this will be that only a tiny fraction of those eligible to vote in those districts get their postal votes in time and, as a result, President Trump and the GOP Senate candidate manage to edge a tight result.


* - by President Trump stating that it is so and his cronies agreeing with him


edited to add...

And when it is pointed out that the effect was to deprive minorities of their vote, the GOP will act surprised and say that all they were doing was trying to protect black lives and that no party and no President has ever done more for minorities.
All true. That will likely happen in Georgia and Florida. Still doesn't matter. Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin have all essentially already flipped blue. You have to be in power to pull those kinds of stunts. If those three states go blue nothing that happens in Florida or Georgia will matter.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 04:45 AM   #32
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 13,015
Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
May pole dance? This is about who you would prefer to have sexy times with, right?
Well you have to admit, such a thing would be a typical Stooge type of response.
__________________
On 22 JUL 2016, Candidate Donald Trump in his acceptance speech: "There can be no prosperity without law and order."
On 05 FEB 2019, President Donald Trump said in his Sate of the Union Address: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."
On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 05:40 AM   #33
The Don
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sir Fynwy
Posts: 28,538
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
All true. That will likely happen in Georgia and Florida. Still doesn't matter. Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin have all essentially already flipped blue. You have to be in power to pull those kinds of stunts. If those three states go blue nothing that happens in Florida or Georgia will matter.
All three state legislatures are majority Republican so AIUI they could do what I outlined, close polling stations in minority districts and instead get people in those areas to vote via (almost impossible to get in the time allowed) postal vote.

Pennsylvania:
Senate: Republican (27) Independent (1) Democratic (21) Vacant (1)
House: Republican (109) Democratic (92) Vacant (2)

Michigan:
Senate: Republican (22) Democratic (16)
House: Republican (58) Democratic (52)

Wisconsin:
Republican (63) Democratic (36)


What's to stop them ?

Last edited by The Don; 7th May 2020 at 05:42 AM.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 06:57 AM   #34
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,086
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
All three state legislatures are majority Republican so AIUI they could do what I outlined, close polling stations in minority districts and instead get people in those areas to vote via (almost impossible to get in the time allowed) postal vote.

Pennsylvania:
Senate: Republican (27) Independent (1) Democratic (21) Vacant (1)
House: Republican (109) Democratic (92) Vacant (2)

Michigan:
Senate: Republican (22) Democratic (16)
House: Republican (58) Democratic (52)

Wisconsin:
Republican (63) Democratic (36)


What's to stop them ?
The Secretaries of State are responsible for running the elections. All three are Democrats. Also, those aren't veto proof majorities.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.