ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , lawsuits , Sandy Hook , shooting conspiracies

Old 2nd March 2019, 02:36 PM   #321
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Please provide proof that any of these parents are actors. Many of the parents still live in the area and continue with their employment. Going on the news after this tragedy would not qualify someone as an actor. Using your logic, everyone the local news crews talk to would qualify as an actor. Again, absent proof you should retract your statement.
It is my personal opinion based on intuition that they are not actors.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 02:49 PM   #322
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
The 1967 Operation Northwoods memo mentions the use of "funerals for mock victims". I don't know what their plan was for a possible exhumation, but the fact remains that somebody thought it out that far. So the point stands.

only in your diseased imagination
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 02:55 PM   #323
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

It is my personal opinion based on intuition that they are not actors.
Good, well at least you have acknowledged that the parents of the victims are not actors, which logically follows that you must also accept that the victims are not actors either.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 02:57 PM   #324
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Random citizens who lived near the school reported on the aspects of the attack they were aware of or were told of by the children they sheltered. You should retract this as you a demonstrably wrong.

Are you talking about Gene Rosen? I'm not saying I believe in any of this, but Gene's behavior and personal history has been presented as evidence by the Sandy Hook truthers. Didn't he say at one point that an adult was with the children, but then later said the children were unaccompanied? That's the kind of thing that the truthers would bring up in court if there was an evidentiary hearing without bodies being physically exhumed by an outside party (I suppose the truthers argue that the graves are empty).
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 02:59 PM   #325
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Ah, are you Just Asking Questions? Nice.
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 03:04 PM   #326
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Are you talking about Gene Rosen? I'm not saying I believe in any of this, but Gene's behavior and personal history has been presented as evidence by the Sandy Hook truthers. Didn't he say at one point that an adult was with the children, but then later said the children were unaccompanied? That's the kind of thing that the truthers would bring up in court if there was an evidentiary hearing without bodies being physically exhumed by an outside party (I suppose the truthers argue that the graves are empty).
Why are you advocating putting the parents through more pain just to satisfy a conspiracy theorist*, when we know from his own testimony that Alex Jones doesn't even believe the rubbish he pushes?

*It wouldn't happen, they'd just claim it was real body but someone else with falsified records. Once you go down the paranoid rabbit hole, nothing will be acceptable evidence.
Old 2nd March 2019, 03:20 PM   #327
Axxman300
Illuminator

The 1967 Operation Northwoods memo mentions the use of "funerals for mock victims". I don't know what their plan was for a possible exhumation, but the fact remains that somebody thought it out that far. So the point stands.
Your point is crap.

The Operations Northwoods memo is from 1962, not 1967.

Grown-ups can read it here:

http://lawandfreedom.com/wordpress/w...-1962-memo.pdf

It's not even the most monstrous idea elements of the US Government has put on paper. None of them have anything to do with this subject either.
Old 2nd March 2019, 03:40 PM   #328
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CompusMentus View Post
Video streaming service Roku have made a U-turn and removed the Infowars channel from it's servers at last.....

See HERE Link: BBC UK

The noose is tightening.

Compus
I wish.

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 03:43 PM   #329
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
She was convicted of four counts of stalking. Also, some of the several counts of violating a restraining order occurred while she was released on bail awaiting trial.... for violating the restraining order. I've been heavily involved in the fight against this woman and her associates, who have been naming protected children and their parents and accusing innocent people of heinous crimes.

Back on topic, it's good news for the Sandy Hook parents. I hope Alex Jones is forced to publicly retract his loonwaffle and pay $$$$.
I hope Alex Jones is forced to visit NK, and steal a political poster.

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 03:44 PM   #330
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Once you go down the paranoid rabbit hole, nothing will be acceptable evidence.
As consistently evidenced by the repeated behaviour of our current protagonist.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 03:56 PM   #331
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CompusMentus View Post
Video streaming service Roku have made a U-turn and removed the Infowars channel from it's servers at last.....

See HERE Link: BBC UK

The noose is tightening.

Compus
Poor old Alex.

YouTube won't host him, Twitter has banned him, Facebook and iTunes have dropped him, Paypal won't process payments from his vile supporters, now another streaming carrier won't have him.

My sympathy level lies somewhere between zero and zippo.
Old 2nd March 2019, 04:07 PM   #332
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
I hope Alex Jones is forced to visit NK, and steal a political poster.
applause
Old 2nd March 2019, 07:57 PM   #333
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The 1962 Operation Northwoods memo mentions the use of "funerals for mock victims". I don't know what their plan was for a possible exhumation, but the fact remains that somebody thought it out that far. So the point stands.
Can you establish that any child killed at Sandy Hook did not attend Sandy Hook? Can you establish they were not killed? Can you establish that any parent was or is an actor and did not have a child at Sandy Hook who died? I don't care about the memo. I'm asking about specific children.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 08:05 PM   #334
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I don't care. Were any of the specific children who died not students at Sandy Hook? Are any specific parents actors? No Sandy Hook "Truther" I've heard of has been designated as the person qualified to adjudicate how grieving parents, children or witnesses are allowed to react to tragedy.

That the first report on these things is always wrong is axiomatic for a reason. That initially, things get garbled or confused early on and later clarified is hardly evidence that the shooting and deaths didn't happen.

I'm not sure where the bodies being exhumed is coming from. Your kind aren't good enough to cast doubt on there being bodies in the graves.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 01:57 AM   #335
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
So... who gets to be on the "panel of people who judge free speech"? Wouldn't they be as bias as any other human? Delusional too, considering that most humans in the world believes in God, the supernatural, superstitions, etc.
MicahJava, do you oppose trial by jury?
Old 3rd March 2019, 03:06 AM   #336
Mojo
Mostly harmless

The Sandy Hook parents CHOSE to go on television for media interviews. If you can't accuse them of being actors, who can you?

You CHOSE to post on this forum. That means that according to your own reasoning we can accuse you of being an “actor”.

Who is paying you to post this nonsense?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 06:56 AM   #337
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

So... who gets to be on the "panel of people who judge free speech"? Wouldn't they be as bias as any other human? Delusional too, considering that most humans in the world believes in God, the supernatural, superstitions, etc.
Registered voters in the district where the case is being heard who are questioned and accepted by both sides. The plaintiff and defendant both get a certain number exclusions they can use for any reason. Then, they can ask the judge to remove someone for cause or the judge can do it him/herself. That is, unless both sides agree to a bench trial.

The jury would not be judging free speech. The jury would be asked to determine if Mr. Jones said things that were presented as facts, that were untrue and that Jones knew they were untrue or showed a reckless disregard for the truth. Then the jury would have to determine if the plaintiffs were damaged by the untruths.
Old 3rd March 2019, 08:50 AM   #338
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
MicahJava, do you oppose trial by jury?
It would fit with the "sheeple" narrative - Only those few with the intellectual ability and will to see past the government coverup should be allowed to judge and that means that most sheeple are unsuited, and juries are almost always made up of sheeple, because the enlightened* ones who know what is going on are few.

One might even think of them as "illuminati"
Old 3rd March 2019, 09:40 AM   #339
catsmate
No longer the 1

All evidence that the Sandy Hook victims are "victims" comes from the U.S. Government, the same government that originated 1967 Operation Northwoods memo, 1990 Nayirah testimony, and the 2003 Bush-Blair Iraq memo. Clearly, the U.S. Government is not a 100% reliable source of information, so some level of intuition must be involved. Intuition should not be allowed in court.
So you buy into his rubbish?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2019, 09:12 AM   #340
lingdatang2
New Blood

Alex Jones lost his youtube channel because of his Sandy Hook stupidity.
lingdatang2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2019, 02:47 PM   #341
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
So you buy into his rubbish?
He's trying to have a full barrel and a drunk wife. He can say he doesn't believe while asking questions and pointing out perceived problems with the true accounts. Keeping feet in two camps is not exactly the definition of intellectual and moral courage.
Old 5th March 2019, 01:50 AM   #342
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
It would fit with the "sheeple" narrative - Only those few with the intellectual ability and will to see past the government coverup should be allowed to judge and that means that most sheeple are unsuited, and juries are almost always made up of sheeple, because the enlightened* ones who know what is going on are few.

One might even think of them as "illuminati"
It is both ironic and disturbing to consider that, if the world was actually run by conspiracy theorists, it would resemble to a frightening degree the Orwellian nightmare they claim to be opposing.
No right to privacy (to end all those "secret meetings").
A collapse of the justice system, to be replaced with kangaroo courts, witch hunts and mob justice. ("Bush did 9/11. No, we don't have proof! Hang him high!", "Red shoes? Child abuser!")
Arbitrary rewriting of history, to suit whatever narrative is being promoted. (JFK, UFO sightings, Atlantis).
All this, plus a dumbed-down, confused and paranoid populace at the mercy of professional liars, demagogues and opinionated idiots.
If they ever emerge from their basements in organised numbers, be afraid. Be very afraid.....
Old 5th March 2019, 03:23 AM   #343
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Here is a the full list (AFAIK) of platforms and information distribution sites that Jones and his Infowars has been booted from

Spotify
Stitcher
iTunes
YouTube (this one cost him 2.4 million subscribers)
Facebook
Pinterest
Roku
Twitter
Vimeo
MailChimp
Linkedin

Also PayPal have stopped handling payments for him

Its worth noting in passing that British Far Right activist Tommy Robinson has also been banned from Youtube and Facebook.
Old 5th March 2019, 05:49 AM   #344
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Here is a the full list (AFAIK) of platforms and information distribution sites that Jones and his Infowars has been booted from

Spotify
Stitcher
iTunes
Facebook
Pinterest
Roku
Twitter
Vimeo
MailChimp
Linkedin

Its worth noting in passing that British Far Right activist Tommy Robinson has also been banned from Youtube and Facebook.
Unfortunately that didn't stop Robinson/Yaxley Lemon from harassing someone on Monday night and using a friend's account to film himself slandering them.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...342482433.html
Old 5th March 2019, 07:43 PM   #345
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by lingdatang2 View Post
Alex Jones lost his youtube channel because of his Sandy Hook stupidity.
And,quietly, he has become persona non grata at the White House.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2019, 07:51 PM   #346
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Unfortunately that didn't stop Robinson/Yaxley Lemon from harassing someone on Monday night and using a friend's account to film himself slandering them.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...342482433.html
When Neil Farange calls you a thug and says you are too extreme, you are pretty damn extreme.
Basicallly an Oswald Mosely wannabe.
And my making him one of it's leaders, it's like the UKIP has lost all interest in appearing to be respectable.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2019, 08:24 PM   #347
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And,quietly, he has become persona non grata at the White House.
Evidence?

Wollen owns the stage
Old 6th March 2019, 08:00 AM   #348
bknight
Graduate Poster

Evidence?
He hasn't been invited recently?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2019, 10:40 AM   #349
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Was he ever?

Wollen owns the stage
Old 6th March 2019, 11:29 AM   #350
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Spotify
Stitcher
iTunes
Facebook
Pinterest
Roku
Twitter
Vimeo
MailChimp
Linkedin

Further proof that conservative voices are not being silenced on social media.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2019, 11:53 AM   #351
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Was he ever?
TRump had a flirtation with Jones, did an interview on Infowars and invitedhim to the White House a couple of times, but has dropped him like a hot potato since the Jones' big time troubles began.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th March 2019, 12:02 PM   #352
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
www.infowars.com
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Yep, still there. Enjoy! Knock yourself out! Please...
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 6th March 2019 at 12:03 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2019, 12:09 PM   #353
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
Quite correct.

Alex Jones is not a conservative voice, he's a far-right extremist voice.
Old 6th March 2019, 12:27 PM   #354
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Jones was in the business of pandering to whatever group of suckers he thinks is ripe for the plucking. People forget that in the 2000's (the Bush Years) he was buddy buddy with a lot of the Far Left 9/11 Truthers.
I say was because I think Jones has sort of burned his bridges behind him with his embrace of Trump. He simply can't shift back to the Left now. IMHO a big mistake on his part.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th March 2019, 12:47 PM   #355
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

It's a mistake to try to paint Alex Jones as right-wing or left-wing. He goes where the money is. The fact that the right wing has embraced conspiracy theories as part of their mainstream is the only thing that make Jones seem like a right-winger. If the left wing had sent as much money his way, he'd look like a commie.
Old 6th March 2019, 01:51 PM   #356
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
It's a mistake to try to paint Alex Jones as right-wing or left-wing. He goes where the money is. The fact that the right wing has embraced conspiracy theories as part of their mainstream is the only thing that make Jones seem like a right-winger. If the left wing had sent as much money his way, he'd look like a commie.
That is my belief, he goes where the money is for the taking, much like a lot of CT's that are in the business of making money off the curious/or believers wanting to quench their similar beliefs. I don't follow anyone like this and I tend to not click on YT videos. I don't want them to profit from the stupid ideas that they present.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2019, 02:06 PM   #357
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

OK, I'll amend my earlier statement

Quite correct.

Alex Jones is not a conservative voice, at the moment he's a far-right extremist voice.
Old 6th March 2019, 02:46 PM   #358
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
TRump had a flirtation with Jones, did an interview on Infowars and invitedhim to the White House a couple of times, but has dropped him like a hot potato since the Jones' big time troubles began.
I'm aware of the bolded, but was Jones ever actually invited to the White House?

Wollen owns the stage
Old 6th March 2019, 03:31 PM   #359
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Correct, except I think Jones messed up with his blind embrace of Trump, and has really made it impossible for him to make a sharp turn to the left. He got his timing wrong...a bad mistake for a con man.
Also, a great many of the conspiracy kooks think Trump is just another tool of THEM (by virtue of his being POTUS he becomes A tool of the MAN ), and that Jones has sold out to The Man.
I think Jones, whether he likes it or not, has sort of boxed himself in to being on the right,with a switch to the left being almost impossble for him to pull off.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 6th March 2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 6th March 2019, 03:42 PM   #360
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I'm aware of the bolded, but was Jones ever actually invited to the White House?
I double checked, and no, he was not.
Apparently on one point The White House was seriously considering givng him White House Press Credentials but that fell through.
But no doubt at one point Jones and people in the Trump White House were pretty chummy.
I understand one reason it fell through is that Jones had had a bad feud going with many on the alt.right. They never really trusted Jones because of his being buddy with fringe left 9/11 Truthers.

Robert Heinlein.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events