ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th June 2018, 03:32 PM   #241
jeffas69
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
Yes, it was 13 shots fired, not only eight.
That is a claim. You know what to do!

The point is that MSM is covering the assassination AT ALL, and to that in a fairly ballanced way.

That is new.
It may be new. Hardly exciting however in the new world of 24 hour news cycle with hundreds of news outlets maneuvering for clicks.
jeffas69 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 03:38 PM   #242
Axxman300
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Is anybody else hyped as hell for A Lie Too Big To Fail by Lisa Pease?
Published by Feral House, a stalwart publishing house. Are you going to buy it or steal it?
Old 14th June 2018, 02:02 AM   #243
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Yes, it was 13 shots fired, not only eight.

The point is that MSM is covering the assassination AT ALL, and to that in a fairly ballanced way.

That is new.
You appear to have missed my request for you to back up this assertion with evidence, and have chosen instead to repeat the claim, still without evidence.

If you look at the sources in the wiki article, you will find several mentions of RFK conspiracy theories being published in books and newspapers, as early as 1970.
For the second time of asking: on what are you basing this claim that the MSM has only recently started reporting this side of the event?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert...iracy_theories
Old 14th June 2018, 07:22 AM   #244
manifesto
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
You appear to have missed my request for you to back up this assertion with evidence, and have chosen instead to repeat the claim, still without evidence.

If you look at the sources in the wiki article, you will find several mentions of RFK conspiracy theories being published in books and newspapers, as early as 1970.
For the second time of asking: on what are you basing this claim that the MSM has only recently started reporting this side of the event?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert...iracy_theories
I’m not saying that the issue of a possible conspiracy in the case of the RFK assassination has NEVER been discussed in a MSM outlet, I’m saying that the number of outlets and the in the way it is discussed is new and gives hope to all of us who cares about truth and justice.

Lets see what happens.
Old 14th June 2018, 09:09 AM   #245
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
I’m not saying that the issue of a possible conspiracy in the case of the RFK assassination has NEVER been discussed in a MSM outlet, I’m saying that the number of outlets and the in the way it is discussed is new and gives hope to all of us who cares about truth and justice.

Lets see what happens.
Actually, yes you are.

That is new.
Your concern for truth and justice would be a lot more credible if you were more honest in your posts, and if you stopped judging people guilty without any corroborating evidence.

You could start by acknowledging that the media has been covering all aspects of this case from the beginning.
Old 14th June 2018, 09:24 AM   #246
heymatto70
Scholar

Actually, yes you are.

Your concern for truth and justice would be a lot more credible if you were more honest in your posts, and if you stopped judging people guilty without any corroborating evidence.

You could start by acknowledging that the media has been covering all aspects of this case from the beginning.
If anyone hasn't had the chance yet, there is an excellent retrospective on Bobby Kennedy on Netflix that discusses the assassination of both he and his brother, as well as other elements of his life. They show interviews that occurred the day of the assassination featuring conspiracy theories, like the woman with the polka dot dress.
heymatto70 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2018, 10:55 AM   #247
Pope130
Master Poster

Lets see what happens.
Have you considered that the increase in coverage of the Robert Kennedy assassination may have something to do with the 50th Anniversary of that event?

Next year will be the 50th for Woodstock. We'll see which is getting more coverage then.
Pope130 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2018, 11:26 AM   #248
manifesto
Graduate Poster

Actually, yes you are.

It’s is a well known method used by people like you to pick on a trivial detail, ambigous formulation, honest mistake and run with it. Bog down the issue in endless semantics, everything BUT the real issue.

I insist that I haven’t read anything near this much from MSM in such a short time and as fair and balanced. Your driplets of articles from a very long period of time doesn’t refute my conclusion that this is really so and says nothing in the way of balanced/not balanced content.

As someone else said in a post, it could be the 50th annivarsery that explains this new reporting. Add to that the fact that two of RFK’s children publicly demands a new investigation and this is probably the main reason why.

Lets wait and see.

You’re the one dishonest and it’s pretty obvious for a not sectarian mind that you have very little regard for truth and justice.

On the contrary.
Old 14th June 2018, 11:31 AM   #249
manifesto
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Pope130 View Post
Have you considered that the increase in coverage of the Robert Kennedy assassination may have something to do with the 50th Anniversary of that event?

Next year will be the 50th for Woodstock. We'll see which is getting more coverage then.
Yes it has, but that doesn’t explain the balanced and correct way they are covering the subject.

But, I guess that the patriots in the US National Security State will gear in to damage control mode and do something about it.

Tyranny in the service of justice and freedom.
Old 14th June 2018, 11:53 AM   #250
Wolrab
Illuminator

It’s is a well known method used by people like you to pick on a trivial detail, ambigous formulation, honest mistake and run with it. Bog down the issue in endless semantics, everything BUT the real issue.

I insist that I haven’t read anything near this much from MSM in such a short time and as fair and balanced. Your driplets of articles from a very long period of time doesn’t refute my conclusion that this is really so and says nothing in the way of balanced/not balanced content.

As someone else said in a post, it could be the 50th annivarsery that explains this new reporting. Add to that the fact that two of RFK’s children publicly demands a new investigation and this is probably the main reason why.

Lets wait and see.

You’re the one dishonest and it’s pretty obvious for a not sectarian mind that you have very little regard for truth and justice.

On the contrary.
That's rich comming from you. It is your entire shtick.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2018, 12:11 PM   #251
manifesto
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
I forgot to add the absolutely necessary condition of a protective social enviroment were likeminded run to each others defence everytime one of you is in trouble.

Pathetic.
Old 14th June 2018, 12:36 PM   #252
jeffas69
Critical Thinker

I forgot to add the absolutely necessary condition of a protective social enviroment were likeminded run to each others defence everytime one of you is in trouble.

Pathetic.
Who is in trouble? You are the one who CAPITALIZED your obvious mistake! Did you actually expect them to not call you on it?
jeffas69 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2018, 12:43 PM   #253
Whip
Muse

Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
it's hilarious when he has to resort to stealing other peoples ideas and comments because he has nothing.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2018, 01:24 PM   #254
manifesto
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jeffas69 View Post
Who is in trouble? You are the one who CAPITALIZED your obvious mistake! Did you actually expect them to not call you on it?
Did I now? How?
Old 14th June 2018, 01:27 PM   #255
manifesto
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Whip View Post
it's hilarious when he has to resort to stealing other peoples ideas and comments because he has nothing.
What ”ideas” have I ”stolen” from which ”people” and why is this ”hilarious”?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories