ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags defamation cases , lawsuits , media criticism , Nathan Phillips , Nick Sandmann , protest incidents , racism charges

Old 21st January 2019, 08:32 PM   #401
Silly Green Monkey
Cowardly Lurking in the Shadows of Greatness

Originally Posted by baron View Post
But those boys mocked him! OK, he's a cadaverous, racist, passive-aggressive liar and likely stolen valour to boot, but that's no reason to mock him.
Do you have anything to back up the accusation of faking his Vietnam service or is this ****-kicking of the finest Republican tradition?
Old 21st January 2019, 08:40 PM   #402
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Silly Green Monkey View Post
Do you have anything to back up the accusation of faking his Vietnam service or is this ****-kicking of the finest Republican tradition?
I covered it in detail in this thread already.

Long story short, he would have been 17 at the very oldest and would have to have cut his training short to have been a combat infantryman in the marines in Vietnam.

He claimed he was in the recon rangers, which is a song lyric but not a real thing.

Not skeptical regarding his claim, huh?
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 08:59 PM   #403
The Big Dog

Lots of police and protesters tomorrow at the school, all because some fraud of a race grifter whipped up the ignorant Resistance into a spittle soaked frenzy.

Man, the left is so ******* broken
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 09:04 PM   #404
crescent
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post

Long story short, he would have been 17 at the very oldest and would have to have cut his training short to have been a combat infantryman in the marines in Vietnam.

He claimed he was in the recon rangers, which is a song lyric but not a real thing.

We have already pointed out that Marines were in Vietnam as late as 1975, when he would have been 21.

I don't know what his actual service record is - but neither do you.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 09:09 PM   #405
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
We have already pointed out that Marines were in Vietnam as late as 1975, when he would have been 21.

I don't know what his actual service record is - but neither do you.
Combat infantrymen? Huh. Could be... could be...

Well, we can agree that he wasn’t in the recon rangers right?
Old 21st January 2019, 09:10 PM   #406
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
So you're willing to treat these guys the same way you treat White nationalists? Because zero influence, hated by everybody, bottom rung of the ladder, etc., are all characteristics of White Nationalists too. Or would just ignoring them be giving "Nazis" a pass?

Nah, this Black Isrealite crowd are just scumbags with big mouths; all trash talk and no action.

Right Wing Terrorist and White Supremacists on the other hand are scumbags with big mouths, that actually have killed people in the name of their despicable beliefs.

1995 Oklahoma City, OK (Murrah Building Bombing)
2003 Salinas, CA (Torture, abduction and murder)
2006 Woodburn, OR (Murder committed by John Ditullio)
2008 Knoxville, TN (Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church shooting)
2009 North Palm Springs, CA (Murder of sex offender by white supremacists)
2009 Carmichael, CA (Murder committed by Charles Francis Gaskins)
2009 Washington, D.C. (Holocaust Museum Shooting)
2009 Wichita KS (Assassination of George Tiller)
2009 Brockton, MA (Murders of Raul and Brisenia Flores)
2009 Pittsburgh, PA (Shooting of Pittsburgh police officers)
2010 Wichita Falls, TX (Shooting at book store cafe perpetrated by Ross William Muehlberger)
2010 Carlisle, PA (Murder of Todd Getgen)
2010 Austin, TX (Suicide attack by airplane)
2011 OR, WA, CA (Tri-state killing spree by white supremacists David Pedersen and Holly Grigsby)
2011 Long County, GA (FEAR group attacks)
2011 Jackson, MI (Murder of James Craig Anderson)
2012 LA (Ambush attack against St. John the Baptist Parish police)
2012 Oak Creek, WI (Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting)
2013 Los Angeles, CA (Shooting attack on TSA officer at LAX)
2013 Jonesville, SC (Double murder committed by Jeremy Lee Moody and Christine Moody)
2014 Blooming Grove, PS (Attack on Pennsylvania State Police barracks)
2014 Las Vegas, NV (Ambush attack on Las Vegas police officers)
2014 Overland Park, KS (Community Center shooting)
2015 Lafayette, LA (Shooting at a showing of the film Trainwreck)
2015 Charleston, SC (Shooting attack on worshippers at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church)
2017 College Park, MD (University of Maryland stabbing attack)
2017 Charlottesville, VA (Car-ramming attack into counter-protestors at the white nationalist Unite the Right rally)
2017 Portland, OR (Train attack)
2017 New York City, NY (Stabbing of Timothy Caughman)
2018 Jeffersontown, KN (Kroger shooting)
2018 Pittsburgh, PA (Synagogue shooting)
2018 Orange County, CA (Murder of Blaze Bernstein)
2018 Kansas City, MO, (Murder of MeShon Cooper-Williams)

That's over 250 people murdered by your White-Right pals, and that is just a sampling.

Now, how about you put up your list of people murdered by the Black Israelites.

Put up your list or STFU!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 09:16 PM   #407
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

So the Right Wing PR machine went into overtime to try and exonerate the Hitler Youth of Kentucky. The school even hired a far right public relations company to help them construct the laughable argument that they were really the victims!

So here we have this little toxic school with a documented history of producing rapists and bullies. Where the kids wear blackface to basketball games. Where the entire staff has not a single person of color.

But they were the victims.

Sure. Well I've watched all the videos and nothing I've seen vindicates them. Nothing I've seen has changed my mind.

Nice try. But no dice.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 09:22 PM   #408
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
So the Right Wing PR machine went into overtime to try and exonerate the Hitler Youth of Kentucky. The school even hired a far right public relations company to help them construct the laughable argument that they were really the victims!

So here we have this little toxic school with a documented history of producing rapists and bullies. Where the kids wear blackface to basketball games. Where the entire staff has not a single person of color.

Sure. Well I've watched all the videos and nothing I've seen vindicates them. Nothing I've seen has changed my mind.

Nice try. But no dice.
Have you seen Chris_Halkides' link?

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/c...TJ8zAHv_uBPQms
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 09:22 PM   #409
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Silly Green Monkey View Post
Mr. Phillips can easily provide proof of his military service. People are already working on obtaining his records, should he decline to do so.

The better you get, the harder you work.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 09:22 PM   #410
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

You see, the MAGA teens only retaliated with racist rants in defense against racist rants that were being shouted at them. Therefore, it's okay..................
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 09:24 PM   #411
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Travis View Post

Nice try. But no dice.
Yeah, they were the victims, clearly. Everything the race grifter said is proven false by the videos. All lies. No building of the wall chants, no being surrounded, nothing.

Not surprised that you are defaming the school based on lies though. They are just kids after all....
Old 21st January 2019, 09:25 PM   #412
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
You see, the MAGA teens only retaliated with racist rants in defense against racist rants that were being shouted at them. Therefore, it's okay..................
False, no racist chants whatsoever, typical lies originally supplied by the race grifter.

The racist rants were from the Black Hebrew hate group, as already proven.
Old 21st January 2019, 09:31 PM   #413
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Have you seen Chris_Halkides' link?

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/c...TJ8zAHv_uBPQms
I just did. I can't see any justification for the racist way that the MAGA kids acted. Hooting and hollering like apes at the black people? Really?! Making fun of the Native Americans?

Yes, the Black Isrealites were saying toxic things, but the racist response to them isn't right.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 09:31 PM   #414
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Post number please? What with hope springing eternal, here's hoping that your coverage doesn't consist of unsupported assertions.

Quote:
According to wiki, he was born in 1954. Intense combat was happening in 1972, age 18. There were 68 US military fatalities in 1973, age 19. There were 62 fatalities in 1975, age 21. link

Quote:
Skeptical is one thing. Making stuff up another.

Like crescent said, I don't know what his actual service record is - but neither do you.
Old 21st January 2019, 09:37 PM   #415
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Like crescent said, I don't know what his actual service record is - but neither do you.
But if he isn't a real veteran, it's okay to be racist towards him, AMIRIGHT TBD?
Old 21st January 2019, 09:37 PM   #416
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Post number please? What with hope springing eternal, here's hoping that your coverage doesn't consist of unsupported assertions.

According to wiki, he was born in 1954. Intense combat was happening in 1972, age 18. There were 68 US military fatalities in 1973, age 19. There were 62 fatalities in 1975, age 21. link

Skeptical is one thing. Making stuff up another.

when did the last Marine combat brigade leave again?
Old 21st January 2019, 09:39 PM   #417
The Big Dog

But if he isn't a real veteran, it's okay to be racist towards him, AMIRIGHT TBD?
They were not racist to him, the actual people being racist to him were the Black Hebrews, stop repeating lies from a race grifter
Old 21st January 2019, 09:40 PM   #418
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Mr. Phillips can easily provide proof of his military service. People are already working on obtaining his records, should he decline to do so.
So they're doxxing him? Cool.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 09:41 PM   #419
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

They were not racist to him, the actual people being racist to him were the Black Hebrews, stop repeating lies from a race grifter
I watched the unedited video. They were being racist towards him.
Old 21st January 2019, 09:52 PM   #420
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Timestamp?
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 09:54 PM   #421
The Big Dog

You mean where they called him a demon.... oh wait, they was the Black Hebrews...

Oh wait, when they said that they should go back to Europe... oh wait, that was his gaggle of supporters after he walked up and confronted the kids.

Maybe it was the 15 year old girl wearing a Trump hat... oh wait, that was him terrifying her.

Well, I guess we are just going to have to go right ahead and take your word for it, just like we will take his word that he was combat marine infantryman in Vietnam as part of recon rangers ...
Old 21st January 2019, 10:05 PM   #422
The Big Dog

So having watched the video, you now know that the claim that the kids approached him and surrounded him was a lie; that the claim they said build the wall, as a lie; that the claim that the boys were beasts and the Black Hebrew hate group were their prey, also a lie.

However, the Black Hebrews called the Phillips group “$5 Indians” and “rented Natives”

But they were the "prey"
Old 21st January 2019, 10:07 PM   #423
crescent
Illuminator

Vietnam veteran

Quote:
According to the US Department of Labor, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA) states, "A Vietnam era veteran is a person who

served on active duty anywhere in the world for a period of more than 180 days, any part of which occurred between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975, and was discharged or released with other than a dishonorable discharge.
was discharged or released from active duty for a service connected disability if any part of such active duty was performed between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975.

In 2004, the US Census Bureau reported there were 8.2 million Vietnam era veterans who were living in the U.S.,[needs update] 2.59 million of them being reported to have actually served "in country."
I used to work for a man who was a Vietnam Veteran, but never set foot "In Country". He served on an aircraft carrier. There were a lot of ways to be considered a Veteran of that war.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 10:10 PM   #424
Bogative
Graduate Poster

However, the Black Hebrews called the Phillips group “$5 Indians” and “rented Natives”

Don't forget "uncle tomahawk."
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 10:12 PM   #425
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Timestamp?
1 hour and 12 minute 'ish
Old 21st January 2019, 10:18 PM   #426
Bogative
Graduate Poster

1 hour and 12 minute 'ish
I have watched that part of the video least four times and I don't recall hearing anything racist that was said. Can you be more specific and provide a quote?
Old 21st January 2019, 10:21 PM   #427
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

I have watched that part of the video least four times and I don't recall hearing anything racist that was said. Can you be more specific and provide a quote?
The tomahawk chants in response to the Native American drumming would be the racist response.
Old 21st January 2019, 10:23 PM   #428
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
Vietnam veteran

I used to work for a man who was a Vietnam Veteran, but never set foot "In Country". He served on an aircraft carrier. There were a lot of ways to be considered a Veteran of that war.
I was in the Navy between 2002 and 08. I would never call myself an enduring freedom vet. Or whatever they call what they gave everyone defense service medals for.

ETA: I wouldn't even call myself a veteran. They wasted six years of my time and I wasted six years of theirs.

Last edited by BobTheCoward; 21st January 2019 at 10:32 PM.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 10:39 PM   #429
Bogative
Graduate Poster

The tomahawk chants in response to the Native American drumming would be the racist response.
Nope, it is proof they were doing the tomahawk chop and chanting. You do not know their motivations for doing it, you're just assuming it was racist.

I saw tens of thousands of people doing the tomahawk chop and chant on television last night during the Chiefs game, was that racism also?
Old 21st January 2019, 10:40 PM   #430
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Nope, it is proof they were doing the tomahawk chop and chanting. You do not know their motivations for doing it, you're just assuming it was racist.

I saw tens of thousands of people doing the tomahawk chop and chant on television last night during the Chiefs game, was that racism also?
Yes
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 10:46 PM   #431
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

when did the last Marine combat brigade leave again?
What did he actually say?
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 10:51 PM   #432
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Yes
Interesting. Can you tell me who the racism was directed at?
Old 21st January 2019, 10:53 PM   #433
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

I have no interest in debating you on this as I have no interest in convincing you to my side. You asked if it was racism, I said yes. That is all you need.
Old 21st January 2019, 11:06 PM   #434
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

The tomahawk chop, chanting and the whooping are racist reactions to the Native Americans. You can choose to deny it, but that's all you are doing, denying the truth. Their behavior is as bad as wearing blackface.

And yes, the tomahawk chop and chant at the Chiefs game is racist.
Old 21st January 2019, 11:06 PM   #435
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

Racism doesn't have to be directed at someone to be racism.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 11:07 PM   #436
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Native Americans. Try and keep up, will you?
Old 21st January 2019, 11:10 PM   #437
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I have no interest in debating you on this as I have no interest in convincing you to my side. You asked if it was racism, I said yes. That is all you need.
Yeah, I will need more than you jumping to conclusions based on zero evidence and only your presumptions, thanks for not trying to convince me because I'm not interested.

Several major media news outlets tried to convince me there was a group of racist teenagers harassing a native American over the weekend based on the color of their skin and the hats they were wearing. Didn't work then, won't work now.
Old 21st January 2019, 11:17 PM   #438
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, I will need more than you jumping to conclusions based on zero evidence and only your presumptions, thanks for not trying to convince me because I'm not interested.

Several major media news outlets tried to convince me there was a group of racist teenagers harassing a native American over the weekend based on the color of their skin and the hats they were wearing. Didn't work then, won't work now.
Racists often have a hard time seeing blatant racism when it happens, not that I'm implying that you are racist.
Old 21st January 2019, 11:17 PM   #439
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Native Americans. Try and keep up, will you?
Strange that, I didn't notice any native-Americans on the football team the fans were chanting at. How do you explain that?
Old 21st January 2019, 11:20 PM   #440
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Strange that, I didn't notice any native-Americans on the football team the fans were chanting at. How do you explain that?
I don't see many black people at Klan rallies, but I think Klanners do racist things at them.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics