ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , assault incidents , Chicago incidents , Jussie Smollett

Closed Thread
Old 25th May 2019, 06:17 PM   #3641
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

So has anyone seen the files yet?

I am back after being locked out for a while.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th May 2019, 06:31 PM   #3642
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

All the files haven't been released yet. Presumably there could be an appeal (some news sources report Smollett's lawyers are saying privately they won't appeal). Presumably there are possibly legitimate reasons to redact some information before release.

And I sincerely hope there won't be illegitimate redactions. I'm expecting that won't happen. Hope I'm right.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th May 2019, 03:02 PM   #3643
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
All the files haven't been released yet. Presumably there could be an appeal (some news sources report Smollett's lawyers are saying privately they won't appeal). Presumably there are possibly legitimate reasons to redact some information before release.

And I sincerely hope there won't be illegitimate redactions. I'm expecting that won't happen. Hope I'm right.
Do we have to wait the usual 30 days for them to file/not file an appeal?

I'm not sure about redactions. Isn't it all a matter of public record?
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th May 2019, 05:31 PM   #3644
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
Do we have to wait the usual 30 days for them to file/not file an appeal?

I'm not sure about redactions. Isn't it all a matter of public record?
The redactions should be limited to things like health and financial information.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th May 2019, 12:41 PM   #3645
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

New York Times:

"Cathy McNeil Stein, the lawyer representing the state, said outside the courtroom on Thursday that the state’s attorney’s office planned to review its files and turn over documents that were previously sealed. The office said in a statement that it would release the documents by June 3."
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th May 2019, 02:51 PM   #3646
bytewizard
Master Poster

Three PDF's released today. Video and 300 more pages to be released within a week.
bytewizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st May 2019, 03:13 AM   #3647
applecorped
Suspended

venmo..... for all your drug purchase needs
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2019, 01:28 PM   #3648
Myles
Thinker

So.....this is the noose?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz...-photo-attack/
Myles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2019, 03:21 PM   #3649
Marcus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Myles View Post
Sure, two black guys wrapped a little necklace around his neck and then shouted " This is Maga country!". Some people will believe anything. Not you, I'm referring to all the people who are still Believers.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2019, 03:26 PM   #3650
Steve
Philosopher

It's horrifying
Old 5th June 2019, 03:05 AM   #3651
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Those Nigerian guys sure know how to keep their overhead low. Running a tight ship there.
Old 5th June 2019, 05:00 AM   #3652
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Eddie Dane View Post
Those Nigerian guys sure know how to keep their overhead low. Running a tight ship there.
Quote:
Dear Mr. Smollett,

If you do not deposit 2300.00 into our overseas bank account, we will be forced to... THREATEN YOU WITH SOME HARMLESS STRING!
Reminds me of the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th June 2019, 12:47 PM   #3653
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Looks like he's out of Empire for good:
“Jussie [Smollett] will NOT be returning to ‘Empire,'” series co-creator Lee Daniels said Tuesday.

Daniels was responding to a Variety report in which multiple production sources said that “Empire’s” writing staff was breaking ideas for the show’s sixth and final season with the expectation that Smollett would appear in the back half of the 18-episode season.

This is the first public acknowledgment that Smollett will not return for the final season of the Fox drama series. He was written out of the final episodes of the show’s fifth season following severe backlash stemming from accusations the actor and musician faked a hate crime against himself earlier this year in Chicago.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/jus...-6-1203232805/
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th June 2019, 05:16 PM   #3654
Whip
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Whip View Post
he'll be back when they think everyone is over it.

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Daniels was responding to a Variety report in which multiple production sources said that “Empire’s” writing staff was breaking ideas for the show’s sixth and final season with the expectation that Smollett would appear in the back half of the 18-episode season.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th June 2019, 01:07 PM   #3655
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Now you'll never know what I said here.

Mod InfoDue to thread length, duplicates were being created. Thread continues here.
Posted By:zooterkin

Last edited by zooterkin; 10th June 2019 at 12:25 AM.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events