IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Closed Thread
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:37 PM   #3161
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 19,667
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Moonlighting as Captain Obvious there, Vixen?

Yes, and once they do all this and they come to the assumption the person is likely the guilty party, the objective is to get a confession. Studies show that the police are no better at detecting lies than anyone else but they think they are.


https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4892574/

It's a pseudoscience that you fall back on because the real science of forensics does not support guilt.
It is nonsense the idea police pick on random people and force them to confess.

The reason people become suspects and get called back to the police station time and again is because that person has shown inconsistencies in their witness statements. Knox and Sollecito were called in as (a) they were at the scene when the body was found and (b) their stories just did not add up, with Sollecito admitting he lied and lied and lied. He even gave a provably false alibi.

However, I am sure you are going to stick with your erroneous belief that 'the police framed the pair'.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:43 PM   #3162
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 19,667
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
"A parallel skill is to get the suspect to talk about the crime and how it may have been done" " it is clear that the goal of the interrogation process is [hilite]to achieve a confession". "They then help you remember things, and direct you away from denial."

Which is exactly what they did with Amanda.


Are you still pushing the claim 'Knox was framed'?
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:58 PM   #3163
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It is nonsense the idea police pick on random people and force them to confess.

The reason people become suspects and get called back to the police station time and again is because that person has shown inconsistencies in their witness statements. Knox and Sollecito were called in as (a) they were at the scene when the body was found and (b) their stories just did not add up, with Sollecito admitting he lied and lied and lied. He even gave a provably false alibi.

However, I am sure you are going to stick with your erroneous belief that 'the police framed the pair'.
Oh, dear. I never said they 'pick on random people' so that's your first mistake. Your second is that I never said they "framed the pair". What they did was make assumptions that led them to believe the pair was guilty and then forced a false confession from them using techniques described above which we've discussed many times before.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 2nd September 2020 at 11:14 PM.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:01 PM   #3164
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post


Are you still pushing the claim 'Knox was framed'?
No, dear. And I never have. Perhaps you may recall how Knox was told she had amnesia and how she "met Lumumba" and led him to the cottage? Something that never actually happened?
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:05 PM   #3165
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 19,667
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
No, dear. And I never have. Perhaps you may recall how Knox was told she had amnesia and how she "met Lumumba" and led him to the cottage? Something that never actually happened?
Don't call me 'dear'.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:09 PM   #3166
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 19,667
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
I'm not disagreeing with your statements, but I believe I should point out that this may be the perfect time to get the regularly priced $289 course for $59. It would be tragic to let an opportunity like that get away!
If you believe Amanda Knox' claptrap er, story, you sound like a jolly gullible er, trusting kind of chap. Might I interest you in my special investment scheme? Offering 100% return on your $100,000 investment. Do beg, steal or borrow the money if you don't have the readies. This is an opportunity not to be missed. This is my best truth, honest, guv!
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:10 PM   #3167
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Don't call me 'dear'.
Someone's got a bee up her butt tonight.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 2nd September 2020 at 11:13 PM.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:13 PM   #3168
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
If you believe Amanda Knox' claptrap er, story, you sound like a jolly gullible er, trusting kind of chap. Might I interest you in my special investment scheme? Offering 100% return on your $100,000 investment. Do beg, steal or borrow the money if you don't have the readies. This is an opportunity not to be missed. This is my best truth, honest, guv!
This is the best rebuttal you've got?
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:29 PM   #3169
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,888
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
"A parallel skill is to get the suspect to talk about the crime and how it may have been done" " it is clear that the goal of the interrogation process is [hilite]to achieve a confession". "They then help you remember things, and direct you away from denial."

Which is exactly what they did with Amanda.
And they did it to Raffaele. He was actively coerced to conflate activities of the week previous, by not being allowed to consult a calendar. They probably did a version of this to Lumumba, too.

Probably Rudy, too. Except getting the real perp to confess just makes ypu look good. Like going up to 6 random people and tell them when you roll a die, it will be a six. One of those people will think you're clairvoyant.

The thing to remember: interrogations are **not** about gathering information, nor even strictly part of the investigation. They are exactly as de Felice implied when he said, "Amanda buckled and told us what we already knew."
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:32 PM   #3170
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Er, that would hardly be acting innocent? Instead of that, she faked a burglary and cleaned up the scene. She conspired with Sollecito to provide a fake alibi. She told police it was Patrik what done it and what is more, she took him to the cottage to have sex with Mez, and heard her scream and various thuds.
I'm sure it's just an oversight but you never explained to us how she cleaned up the scene, Vix. Just exactly how did she do that?
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:33 PM   #3171
Matthew Best
Philosopher
 
Matthew Best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Leicester Square, London
Posts: 7,923
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
This is the best rebuttal you've got?
Yes.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:39 PM   #3172
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 19,667
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
And they did it to Raffaele. He was actively coerced to conflate activities of the week previous, by not being allowed to consult a calendar. They probably did a version of this to Lumumba, too.

Probably Rudy, too. Except getting the real perp to confess just makes ypu look good. Like going up to 6 random people and tell them when you roll a die, it will be a six. One of those people will think you're clairvoyant.

The thing to remember: interrogations are **not** about gathering information, nor even strictly part of the investigation. They are exactly as de Felice implied when he said, "Amanda buckled and told us what we already knew."
Come off it. A fourth year IT undergrad needs a calendar to know what day of the week it was?

Poor misunderstood Raffy Boy. All he ever wanted to do was bop to Marilyn Manson but Daddy sent him to rehab instead.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:41 PM   #3173
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
And they did it to Raffaele. He was actively coerced to conflate activities of the week night previous, by not being allowed to consult a calendar. They probably did a version of this to Lumumba, too.

Probably Rudy, too. Except getting the real perp to confess just makes ypu look good. Like going up to 6 random people and tell them when you roll a die, it will be a six. One of those people will think you're clairvoyant.

The thing to remember: interrogations are **not** about gathering information, nor even strictly part of the investigation. They are exactly as de Felice implied when he said, "Amanda buckled and told us what we already knew."
Fixed that for you, but your point is still spot on. Get them all confused in a very stressful situation and when they get mixed up, accuse them of lying.

Things that are not important to you don't stand out in your memory. Did I wash my hair last night or the night before? Did I make spaghetti for dinner on Tuesday or Monday? Did I wear my blue skirt yesterday or the day before? Our memories are not like videos; we don't rewind them and play them back for total recall. It's very easy for our memories to be wrong, especially under stress.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:44 PM   #3174
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Come off it. A fourth year IT undergrad needs a calendar to know what day of the week it was?

Poor misunderstood Raffy Boy. All he ever wanted to do was bop to Marilyn Manson but Daddy sent him to rehab instead.
Why must you always resort to this kind of thing? It does not reflect well on you. And Raffaele was never in rehab.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:46 PM   #3175
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
delete duplicate post

Last edited by Stacyhs; 2nd September 2020 at 11:50 PM.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:48 PM   #3176
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Er, that would hardly be acting innocent? Instead of that, she faked a burglary and cleaned up the scene. She conspired with Sollecito to provide a fake alibi. She told police it was Patrik what done it and what is more, she took him to the cottage to have sex with Mez, and heard her scream and various thuds.
Round two:
I'm sure it's just an oversight but you never explained to us how she cleaned up the scene, Vix. Just exactly how did she do that?
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:12 AM   #3177
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
Looks like Vixen doesn't want to answer the question.

Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 01:53 AM   #3178
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,888
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Come off it. A fourth year IT undergrad needs a calendar to know what day of the week it was?

Poor misunderstood Raffy Boy. All he ever wanted to do was bop to Marilyn Manson but Daddy sent him to rehab instead.
This... rather that deal with interrogation methods which produce false confessions.....

Rather than explain how one cleans a crime scene, removing 2 sets of DNA forensics, while being careful to leave intact a third.

Rather than present a coherent guilter timeline, or offering 1, just one forensic-DNA expert who agrees with the original DNA findings of the Scientific Police.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 3rd September 2020 at 01:55 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 03:56 AM   #3179
whoanellie
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 750
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It is nonsense the idea police pick on random people and force them to confess.

The reason people become suspects and get called back to the police station time and again is because that person has shown inconsistencies in their witness statements. Knox and Sollecito were called in as (a) they were at the scene when the body was found and (b) their stories just did not add up, with Sollecito admitting he lied and lied and lied. He even gave a provably false alibi.

However, I am sure you are going to stick with your erroneous belief that 'the police framed the pair'.
Oh deary dear, the real nonsense is to think that the police always pick on the guilty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZxNxHAKljU
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 07:53 AM   #3180
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,480
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Come off it. A fourth year IT undergrad needs a calendar to know what day of the week it was?

Poor misunderstood Raffy Boy. All he ever wanted to do was bop to Marilyn Manson but Daddy sent him to rehab instead.
Under normal circumstances, connecting past or future dates to days of the week is not easy for most people unless you regularly reference a calendar. When I was in college everything was based on what day of the week it was. I could care a less what the date was.

The MUCH bigger question is; WHY did the police refuse to allow Raffaele to look at the calendar that was hanging just a few feet away? If they wanted truth and accuracy then there would have been no reason to deny him access. If, otoh, the intent was to confuse him, then denying him access makes sense.

It's a question similar to why Donnino brought up the issue of traumatic amnesia and how she herself had suffered it once. There's only one reason... Amanda was not telling them what they wanted to hear and they needed a way to get Amanda to consider their theory of the crime.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:09 AM   #3181
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,480
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It is nonsense the idea police pick on random people and force them to confess.

The reason people become suspects and get called back to the police station time and again is because that person has shown inconsistencies in their witness statements. Knox and Sollecito were called in as (a) they were at the scene when the body was found and (b) their stories just did not add up, with Sollecito admitting he lied and lied and lied. He even gave a provably false alibi.

However, I am sure you are going to stick with your erroneous belief that 'the police framed the pair'.
Except Amanda and Raffaele were not "random" people.

There were no inconsistencies in their statements prior to the interrogation. Giobbi and Mignini have made it clear the reasons they suspected them ... they believed the break-in was staged; only a woman would cover the victim; Amanda declared "ta da" after putting on her crime scene booties; Amanda and Raffaele went out to eat a pizza. Such overwhelming evidence. Raffaele did NOT admit "he lied and lied and lied" and his lone comment about lying came during the interrogation, not before it. There was absolutely nothing in their story that "did not add up" and the only provably false alibi he gave was the one during the interrogation, when he got confused on dates. Ironically, this provably false alibi is the one you like to keep going back to as evidence of opportunity for Amanda to commit the murder.

So what was the reason to do an interrogation beginning at 23:00 of two people who had already spent hours interviewing with the police and with NO legitimate evidence against them?
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:15 AM   #3182
Numbers
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5,362
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Under normal circumstances, connecting past or future dates to days of the week is not easy for most people unless you regularly reference a calendar. When I was in college everything was based on what day of the week it was. I could care a less what the date was.

The MUCH bigger question is; WHY did the police refuse to allow Raffaele to look at the calendar that was hanging just a few feet away? If they wanted truth and accuracy then there would have been no reason to deny him access. If, otoh, the intent was to confuse him, then denying him access makes sense.

It's a question similar to why Donnino brought up the issue of traumatic amnesia and how she herself had suffered it once. There's only one reason... Amanda was not telling them what they wanted to hear and they needed a way to get Amanda to consider {and accept or repeat for purposes of making an incriminating statement} their theory of the crime.
Indeed. These were among the first steps of the "framing".

One of the reasons the ECHR case-law insists on the presence of a defense lawyer at even the very first interrogation of a suspect (whether officially acknowledged or de facto) is to prevent this kind of subtle coercion.

It's a method of interrogation contrary to CPP Article 188: Methods or techniques which may influence the freedom of self-determination or alter the capacity to recall and evaluate facts shall not be used, not even with the consent of the person concerned.

Yet, some posters here, even some PIP, fail to recognize the police interrogation methods as constituting an attempt at "framing" - manufacturing false evidence to make someone appear guilty of a crime.

Last edited by Numbers; 3rd September 2020 at 08:16 AM.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:55 AM   #3183
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 19,667
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Under normal circumstances, connecting past or future dates to days of the week is not easy for most people unless you regularly reference a calendar. When I was in college everything was based on what day of the week it was. I could care a less what the date was.

The MUCH bigger question is; WHY did the police refuse to allow Raffaele to look at the calendar that was hanging just a few feet away? If they wanted truth and accuracy then there would have been no reason to deny him access. If, otoh, the intent was to confuse him, then denying him access makes sense.

It's a question similar to why Donnino brought up the issue of traumatic amnesia and how she herself had suffered it once. There's only one reason... Amanda was not telling them what they wanted to hear and they needed a way to get Amanda to consider their theory of the crime.
He and Knox were so terribly confused weren't they? Two pathetic little kicks to the door. Whilst all around them are keeping their heads and staying calm, Knox and Sollecito were in a state of such abject confusion they had to keep changing their story!
  • CONFUSION
  • CONCERN
  • CONFIRMATION
  • PEOPLE WHO ARE CLEAN
  • PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT CLEAN


Housemate just got murdered and the pair are far too confused to be of any help to the police at all!
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:57 AM   #3184
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 19,667
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Indeed. These were among the first steps of the "framing".

One of the reasons the ECHR case-law insists on the presence of a defense lawyer at even the very first interrogation of a suspect (whether officially acknowledged or de facto) is to prevent this kind of subtle coercion.

It's a method of interrogation contrary to CPP Article 188: Methods or techniques which may influence the freedom of self-determination or alter the capacity to recall and evaluate facts shall not be used, not even with the consent of the person concerned.

Yet, some posters here, even some PIP, fail to recognize the police interrogation methods as constituting an attempt at "framing" - manufacturing false evidence to make someone appear guilty of a crime.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:58 AM   #3185
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,888
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
The MUCH bigger question is; WHY did the police refuse to allow Raffaele to look at the calendar that was hanging just a few feet away? If they wanted truth and accuracy then there would have been no reason to deny him access. If, otoh, the intent was to confuse him, then denying him access makes sense.

It's a question similar to why Donnino brought up the issue of traumatic amnesia and how she herself had suffered it once. There's only one reason... Amanda was not telling them what they wanted to hear and they needed a way to get Amanda to consider their theory of the crime.
And............................................... ........

The cops arranged this for the middle of the night! If's the cops' intent was to elicit information, they would have done it during the day and given Raffaele every calendar known to civilization - including the Julian and Aztec calendars if need be. They would have let Raffaele call friends to say, "We were together last week, was that Wednesday or Thursday?"

Eventually there'd be enough info to build a reaosnable timeline for Raffaele's movements in the week prior......

Or, and here's the kicker......

Show that Raffaele had possibly been lying, due to the inevitable inconsistencies of constructing a detailed timeline. The more accurate and detailed the timeline, the more certain the cops could be about Raffaele's story.

IN OTHER WORDS - CONSTRUCTING A TIMELINE BASED ON THE EVIDENCE IS CRUCIAL TO MAKING A CASE. IT IS NO WONDER THAT IN 13 YEARS, NOT GUILTER-NUTTER HAS EVEN ATTEMPTED ONE.

It's also why the final acquitting court criticized the original investigation as insufficient, to the point of being "amnesiac" - meaning that the cops supplied no information to the court which could have been useful to determine AK and/or RS's involvement in the crime.

Vixen would rather heap ad hominem at Raffaele than deal with this. It's why we're now on Continuation #30 of this thread.

#30.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:59 AM   #3186
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,888
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Housemate just got murdered and the pair are far too confused to be of any help to the police at all!
Wow! Did you really post this?
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:00 AM   #3187
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,888
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It would be better to elucidate hat you find so appealing about coercing people at interrogation, and refusing them the ability to deny the crime.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:05 AM   #3188
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 19,667
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
And............................................... ........

The cops arranged this for the middle of the night! If's the cops' intent was to elicit information, they would have done it during the day and given Raffaele every calendar known to civilization - including the Julian and Aztec calendars if need be. They would have let Raffaele call friends to say, "We were together last week, was that Wednesday or Thursday?"

Eventually there'd be enough info to build a reaosnable timeline for Raffaele's movements in the week prior......

Or, and here's the kicker......

Show that Raffaele had possibly been lying, due to the inevitable inconsistencies of constructing a detailed timeline. The more accurate and detailed the timeline, the more certain the cops could be about Raffaele's story.

IN OTHER WORDS - CONSTRUCTING A TIMELINE BASED ON THE EVIDENCE IS CRUCIAL TO MAKING A CASE. IT IS NO WONDER THAT IN 13 YEARS, NOT GUILTER-NUTTER HAS EVEN ATTEMPTED ONE.

It's also why the final acquitting court criticized the original investigation as insufficient, to the point of being "amnesiac" - meaning that the cops supplied no information to the court which could have been useful to determine AK and/or RS's involvement in the crime.

Vixen would rather heap ad hominem at Raffaele than deal with this. It's why we're now on Continuation #30 of this thread.

#30.

WRONG! The police are not your mates. Gruesome murder at your house. Could be a serial killer on the loose. Your story does not add up. Your apartment stinks of bleach. You seem unable to account for your movements that night. The police ask you to attend the Questura at circa 10:00pm - as you know, they are there 24-hours and 10:00 is not particularly late, especially as Sollecito had a nice Audi to drive there by. Especially as Sollecito had told a DAILY MIRROR reporter, 'My girlfriend found the body and it was covered in blood'.

This guy took LSD and cocaine and had a collection of very sharp knives.

POOR ******* SNOWFLAKE
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:06 AM   #3189
schmidt61
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Canada
Posts: 76
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Indeed. These were among the first steps of the "framing".

One of the reasons the ECHR case-law insists on the presence of a defense lawyer at even the very first interrogation of a suspect (whether officially acknowledged or de facto) is to prevent this kind of subtle coercion.

It's a method of interrogation contrary to CPP Article 188: Methods or techniques which may influence the freedom of self-determination or alter the capacity to recall and evaluate facts shall not be used, not even with the consent of the person concerned.

Yet, some posters here, even some PIP, fail to recognize the police interrogation methods as constituting an attempt at "framing" - manufacturing false evidence to make someone appear guilty of a crime.
It turns out that the police wanted Raffaele to say Amanda went out from 9 pm to 1 am the night of the murder. She did go out from 9 pm to 1 am but it was the 31st Halloween night. Going to Le Chic. Seeing Lumumba at Le Chic not near the basketball court at around 8:30 pm.

Of course this is before they dropped Lumumba and inserted Guede with super witness Curatolo seeing Amanda and Raffaele hanging out near the basketball court. With no Rudy Guede nowhere insight.
schmidt61 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:06 AM   #3190
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 19,667
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Wow! Did you really post this?
'Confusion will be my epitaph' ~ King Crimson Amanda Knox

  • PEOPLE WHO ARE CLEAN
  • PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT CLEAN
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:18 AM   #3191
whoanellie
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 750
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
He and Knox were so terribly confused weren't they? Two pathetic little kicks to the door. Whilst all around them are keeping their heads and staying calm, Knox and Sollecito were in a state of such abject confusion they had to keep changing their story!
  • CONFUSION
  • CONCERN
  • CONFIRMATION
  • PEOPLE WHO ARE CLEAN
  • PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT CLEAN


Housemate just got murdered and the pair are far too confused to be of any help to the police at all!
Vixen, dear, this makes absolutely no sense to any but yourself.
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:22 AM   #3192
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,888
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
'Confusion will be my epitaph' ~ King Crimson Amanda Knox

  • PEOPLE WHO ARE CLEAN
  • PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT CLEAN
You are right about one thing. I am now, officially, confused.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:26 AM   #3193
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,888
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
WRONG! The police are not your mates. Gruesome murder at your house. Could be a serial killer on the loose. Your story does not add up. Your apartment stinks of bleach. You seem unable to account for your movements that night. The police ask you to attend the Questura at circa 10:00pm - as you know, they are there 24-hours and 10:00 is not particularly late, especially as Sollecito had a nice Audi to drive there by. Especially as Sollecito had told a DAILY MIRROR reporter, 'My girlfriend found the body and it was covered in blood'.

This guy took LSD and cocaine and had a collection of very sharp knives.

POOR ******* SNOWFLAKE
Ok. Now that you have this out of your system, please put one item on your timeline....

When, exactly, did they become suspects? Meaning, when did their rights under Italian law kick in? Could this whole question be the reason why Mignini was later censured by his own professional association for violating RS's rights?

Could this be why the final court in 2015 acquitted due to investigative incompetence and "amnesia(c)"?

You see, timelines are more pertinent than incomprehensible screeds.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 3rd September 2020 at 09:44 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 10:06 AM   #3194
AnimalFriendly
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 222
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Gruesome murder at your house. Could be a serial killer on the loose.


Unless there had been a pattern of remotely similar "gruesome murders" in Perugia, the police would have been pretty stupid to think that.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
WRONG! Sollecito had a nice Audi to drive
And with which to easily dispose of a body instead of leaving it in plain view on the floor. Except he didn't. Maybe someday Vixen dear will explain why.


Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
This guy [nonsense snipped] had a collection of very sharp knives.
Imagine! Having knives that were very sharp. Having knives that were very dull would have made a lot more sense.
AnimalFriendly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 10:12 AM   #3195
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
He and Knox were so terribly confused weren't they? Two pathetic little kicks to the door. Whilst all around them are keeping their heads and staying calm, Knox and Sollecito were in a state of such abject confusion they had to keep changing their story!
  • CONFUSION
  • CONCERN
  • CONFIRMATION
  • PEOPLE WHO ARE CLEAN
  • PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT CLEAN


Housemate just got murdered and the pair are far too confused to be of any help to the police at all!
To say you have a very strange relationship with the truth is an understatement.

1)"He and Knox were so terribly confused weren't they?"

During the interrogation? Why, yes...yes, they were. This is evident even by the testimony of the cops and translator if you'd care to read the transcripts. For example:
" Cdv:
In the face of these stories you noticed that Knox had difficulty remembering even the evening with the Reminder?
Donnino:
Yes, I noticed that. I tell her it was a story her extremely vague, uncertain, fragmentary, she could not remember, to give precise answers. "

2)"Two pathetic little kicks to the door."

So "pathetic" that they left a mark on the door that was visible as was pointed out. Has it occurred to you that Raffaele is a rather slightly built man and that was a heavy solid wooden door?

3)"Whilst all around them are keeping their heads and staying calm,"

LOL!!!!! Now that one you just pulled straight out of your..well, we all know exactly where, don't we? Every single description of what happened once that door was broken down is the exact opposite of them "keeping their heads and staying calm". Honestly, Vix, if you're going to make things up, at least try and stay within the realm of plausibility.

4)"Knox and Sollecito were in a state of such abject confusion they had to keep changing their story!"

As already pointed out, only after they were interrogated illegally without a lawyer and coerced.


"
  • CONFUSION
  • CONCERN
  • CONFIRMATION
  • PEOPLE WHO ARE CLEAN
  • PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT CLEAN
"


I have no idea what this nonsense is all about.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 10:44 AM   #3196
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,480
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
He and Knox were so terribly confused weren't they? Two pathetic little kicks to the door. Whilst all around them are keeping their heads and staying calm, Knox and Sollecito were in a state of such abject confusion they had to keep changing their story!
  • CONFUSION
  • CONCERN
  • CONFIRMATION
  • PEOPLE WHO ARE CLEAN
  • PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT CLEAN


Housemate just got murdered and the pair are far too confused to be of any help to the police at all!
Answer the questions...

- WHY deny access to the calendar?
- WHY try to convince Amanda that she had traumatic amnesia

You're childish diatribe aside, it would seem you would prefer to avoid addressing the real issue because you know, as we all do, that these were coercive tactics.

Oh, and care to point out a single change to their story from the moment of discovery of Meredith's body and the start of the interrogation?? Yeah, didn't think so....
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 10:49 AM   #3197
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
WRONG! The police are not your mates. Gruesome murder at your house. Could be a serial killer on the loose. Your story does not add up. Your apartment stinks of bleach. You seem unable to account for your movements that night. The police ask you to attend the Questura at circa 10:00pm - as you know, they are there 24-hours and 10:00 is not particularly late, especially as Sollecito had a nice Audi to drive there by. Especially as Sollecito had told a DAILY MIRROR reporter, 'My girlfriend found the body and it was covered in blood'.

This guy took LSD and cocaine and had a collection of very sharp knives.

POOR ******* SNOWFLAKE
1) The apt. did not stink of bleach. It smelled of lysoform from the previous day's house cleaning. Yet another example of the police jumping to an erroneous conclusion the prejudiced them against the pair. But the cops did not even know this when they called him in at 10:00 because they had not gone to his apt. yet.

2) The could account for their movements that night: they were home. They couldn't PROVE they stayed home that night. There is a difference.

3) 10:00 PM is particularly late at night to bring in "witnesses" to a crime that have already been extensively 'interviewed' several times days before. None of the others were ever brought in late, days later like that. Why? Because A and R weren't "witnesses": they were suspects.

4) I wouldn't trust a Daily Mirror reporter to tell the truth as far as I could throw her. The Red Top rag has been successfully sued several times for libel and defamation for good reason. Even IF Raffaele did tell a reporter that, so what? How on earth was Amanda being there when the body was discovered, along with others, and saying it was 'covered in blood' mean jack?

5) We've covered your "LSD/cocaine" nonsense before several times: his hair test showed no narcotics. Will you just stop with that?
:
6). Three knives hardly constitutes a "collection". "Very sharp"...nice touch. Not that you know how sharp they were or not. That's just another example of you pulling 'facts' out of your nether region. Again, the police didn't know he had any knives until the night he was arrested and they went into his apartment.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 3rd September 2020 at 10:57 AM.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 10:56 AM   #3198
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 16,813
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Answer the questions...

- WHY deny access to the calendar?
- WHY try to convince Amanda that she had traumatic amnesia

You're childish diatribe aside, it would seem you would prefer to avoid addressing the real issue because you know, as we all do, that these were coercive tactics.

Oh, and care to point out a single change to their story from the moment of discovery of Meredith's body and the start of the interrogation?? Yeah, didn't think so....
Get in line! I'm still trying to get her to answer the question regarding how did Amanda clean up the crime scene.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:06 AM   #3199
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,480
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
WRONG! The police are not your mates. Gruesome murder at your house. Could be a serial killer on the loose. Your story does not add up. Your apartment stinks of bleach. You seem unable to account for your movements that night. The police ask you to attend the Questura at circa 10:00pm - as you know, they are there 24-hours and 10:00 is not particularly late, especially as Sollecito had a nice Audi to drive there by. Especially as Sollecito had told a DAILY MIRROR reporter, 'My girlfriend found the body and it was covered in blood'.

This guy took LSD and cocaine and had a collection of very sharp knives.

POOR ******* SNOWFLAKE
You often make this claim but I'll be damned if I've ever been able to understand it. A serial killer is someone who commits multiple murders. Could you please identify the other murders that the police believed could potentially be related to Meredith's and which could therefore be indicating a serial killer at work?

What part of their story - prior to the interrogation - didn't add up? I've asked this before but you seem incapable of answering.

Apartment stinks of bleach? Did the police bother to investigate sufficiently to learn his apartment had just been cleaned by his cleaning lady?

I do believe they were very much capable of accounting for their movements the night of the murder. Not their fault the police chose to not believe them. Maybe if the police weren't so incompetent and examined the computers instead of frying them they might have discovered more corroborating evidence. Then again, maybe that's exactly why they fried the computers.

The police had spent dozens of hours talking to Amanda and Raffaele prior to the interrogation. Could you please elaborate exactly what new information they had that warranted calling them in at 22:00? While police operate 24/7, they do NOT typically call witnesses at 22:00 unless they have new information, or new reasons to be concerned that something must be addressed immediately. The only thing I am aware of that lit a fire under them was that they learned Amanda's mother was arriving the next day.

ETA: He had experimented with LSD and cocaine. There was no trace of drugs other than pot in either of their systems, so what's the relevance of even mentioning this? And he had a very small collection of knives. I am quite certain I have more knives in my kitchen than he had in his collection. Again, what's the relevance of this?

Last edited by TruthCalls; 3rd September 2020 at 11:14 AM.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:29 AM   #3200
whoanellie
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 750
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Answer the questions...

- WHY deny access to the calendar?
- WHY try to convince Amanda that she had traumatic amnesia

You're childish diatribe aside, it would seem you would prefer to avoid addressing the real issue because you know, as we all do, that these were coercive tactics.

Oh, and care to point out a single change to their story from the moment of discovery of Meredith's body and the start of the interrogation?? Yeah, didn't think so....
Well it's one thing for the authorities to suggest Amanda had traumatic amnesia, but how could any one think that someone under the same set of circumstances would be suffering from CONFUSION? Especially when you put it in all caps.
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.