ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 1st April 2017, 02:32 PM   #81
Whip
Muse

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Someone else will have to post the story about that freeway overpass in Atlanta, GA, that collapsed last night after a fire because I don't have the energy...
stop it. we all know that was a controlled demolition too.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2017, 02:43 PM   #82
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
For those who can't figure out what happened to the plane try this 'controlled experiment' courtesy of the Mythbusters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl8xTqTUGCY

As you can see in the slow-mo at those sorts of speeds metals doesn't crumple or break, it pretty much vaporizes.
Science is cool!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2017, 07:39 PM   #83
Pinch
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Lanzy View Post
The only thing worse than reading garbage about the Pentagon on 9/11 is meeting people IRL that tell me how wrong I am about what "really" happened. You see that big hole in the side of the building? Yeah, that was my office. I was in another part of the building that morning, most of my friends were not.
I was a Navy reservist assigned to the Navy Command Center up until Jan of 2001 at which time I transferred out to a unit in Norfolk. I knew a few of those who died in those NCC spaces. The reserve CO of the unit, a long-time Navy shipmate of mine, had gone to the Pentagon that morning knowing the situation in NYC was going to need all hands on deck. He was headed to the NCC offices when the plane hit and was part of the initial groups who were effecting rescue operations. This is just one of a number of examples of why CIT and PfT and all the other moron-douche-bag-idiot-filled tree house CT clubs who persist in this garbage 15 years hence will always draw my ire.
Old 2nd April 2017, 02:27 AM   #84
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Hi Poe,

the answer is no, for the simple reason that no new pictures were in released in reality.
Old 2nd April 2017, 05:58 AM   #85
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Hi Poe,

the answer is no, for the simple reason that no new pictures were in released in reality.

Not exactly being sticklers for attention to detail I suspect many CT's missed the fact these are all pictures originally released in 2011 but which had been accidentally deleted from the FBI web site sometime between then and now.

Anyone fairly familiar with the subject should have recognized most, if not all of the pictures.
Old 2nd April 2017, 10:14 AM   #86
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Amazing. If only there would be a plane somewhere.

http://i.imgur.com/N3FK45d.jpg

There were lots of airplane wreckage inside the Pentagon. I have identified Rolls-Royce engine, B-757 fuselage and landing gear remains. In addition, my Wing Commander was inside the Pentagon as well.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2017, 10:26 AM   #87
skyeagle409
Master Poster

If it hadn't be so obvious that no large passenger plane hit the Pentagon, this conclusive research would not have been triggered:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I have to say that you are incorrect. Not only was B-757 wreckage identified, inside and outside the Pentagon, but many eyewitnesses saw American 11 strike the Pentagon and that includes air traffic controllers and even a C-130 aircrew flying overheard at the time. I should also mention that radar tracked American 11 to the Pentagon and I have also provided the altitude profile data on American 11 just before it struck the Pentagon.

Did I mention that American Airlines and the Boeing Aircraft Co. provided the conversion formulas for the FDR that pertained ONLY to the airframe of American 11?
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2017, 10:33 AM   #88
skyeagle409
Master Poster

And yet there's a nice "exit hole" you can look at in the photos in the OP if you haven't seen it before.
Just to let you know that the punch out hole was created by the landing gear of American 77.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 2nd April 2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old 2nd April 2017, 10:33 AM   #89
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
I have to say that you are incorrect. Not only was B-757 wreckage identified, inside and outside the Pentagon, but many eyewitnesses saw American 11 strike the Pentagon and that includes air traffic controllers and even a C-130 aircrew flying overheard at the time. I should also mention that radar tracked American 11 to the Pentagon and I have also provided the altitude profile data on American 11 just before it struck the Pentagon.

Did I mention that American Airlines and the Boeing Aircraft Co. provided the conversion formulas for the FDR that pertained ONLY to the airframe of American 11?
It was AA 77.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2017, 10:41 AM   #90
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

What happened to all the luggage?
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2017, 10:42 AM   #91
skyeagle409
Master Poster

I was replying to the dude who pretended that the "truther" argument is that a plane should be there as if a car hit a wall at low-speed. That's a strawman. Watch the short video I posted in #4.

Where is the aircraft wreckage that made this hole on the Empire State Building?

Old 2nd April 2017, 10:45 AM   #92
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
It was AA 77.

Thank you for the correction.
Old 2nd April 2017, 10:58 AM   #93
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Nobody told me.

Let me give you a hint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVDdjLQkUV8

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...umbertxt=644AA
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:12 PM   #94
Jango
Graduate Poster

https://vault.fbi.gov/9-11-attacks-i...gon-overhead-1

That is an interesting picture - outer wing and most inner wing have obvious damage to them...but the one in-between those two obviously does not. Fascinating.
Old 2nd April 2017, 10:10 PM   #95
benthamitemetric
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Jango View Post

That is an interesting picture - outer wing and most inner wing have obvious damage to them...but the one in-between those two obviously does not. Fascinating.
There is a structure on the first floor between rings D and C; it's not an empty courtyard.
benthamitemetric is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2017, 11:06 PM   #96
skyeagle409
Master Poster

You might want to take a closer look at the photo to understand why.
Old 3rd April 2017, 03:58 AM   #97
pgimeno
Illuminator

This diagram will hopefully help Jango understand:

Edit: And this photograph should corroborate it:

Last edited by pgimeno; 3rd April 2017 at 04:03 AM.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2017, 07:12 AM   #98
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Single anomaly, removed from proper context and completely misinterpreted due to a fundamental lack of understanding of the structure in question.

Fascinating.

But not surprising.
Old 3rd April 2017, 09:41 AM   #99
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

That's why truthers are still truthers in 2017: For more than 15 years they have committed most fiercly to ignoring the plain and obvious hard facts and instead have remained fascinated by the vaguest of fantasies.
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:49 PM   #100
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns

The video in #4 shows the immediate alleged impact area, before the collapse that happened half an hour or so later. The absence of dozens of tons of plane remains is evidence for the absence of a crashed passenger jet. What's there is a burning container, a bit of fire and a lot of smoke coming from the roof.
A world of stupid.

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2017, 06:29 PM   #101
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

If I were to go to meteor crater in Arizona, and not find much meteor evidence to take a picture of, well I guess then by "absence of evidence is evidence of absence", there was no meteor.

Say CE, how'd that Twitter poll on free fall turn out?
Old 4th April 2017, 10:32 AM   #102
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
If I were to go to meteor crater in Arizona, and not find much meteor evidence to take a picture of, well I guess then by "absence of evidence is evidence of absence", there was no meteor.

Say CE, how'd that Twitter poll on free fall turn out?
CE seems to have done a Brave Sir Robin on us.
Old 4th April 2017, 11:13 AM   #103
Pinch
Critical Thinker

I cross over the 14th Street Bridge every day headed to my gub'mint job in DC. In the early 80s an Air Florida 737 crashed after taking off from then-National Airport. It hit the bridge before ending up in the river.

In keeping with CE's logic, I don't see any evidence of that crash as I look over into the placid waters of the Potomac. I guess it never happened.

I understand the acknowledgement of my being a Government employee will taint my credibility, but so what. Its not like the Truthers have *any* credibility left anyway - assuming they ever had any to begin with.
Old 4th April 2017, 01:32 PM   #104
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Old 4th April 2017, 01:44 PM   #105
skyeagle409
Master Poster

American 77 flight profile data. It's amazing that despite all of the overwhelming evidence, the no-airplane-crashed-at-the-Pentagon conspiracy theorist cannot come to grip with reality that American 77 crashed at the Pentagon. The data also proves that American 77 was not flown under remote control.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 4th April 2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 4th April 2017, 02:37 PM   #106
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

No argument is visible in this 9/11 truther's post.
Therefore, there exists no argument in the 9/11 Truth Movement.

q.e.d.

Old 5th April 2017, 12:51 AM   #107
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

This dead horse still being beaten?
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2017, 02:07 AM   #108
fagin
Illuminator

Originally Posted by cjnewson88 View Post
This dead horse still being beaten?
Just it's poor dry, crumbling bones.
Old 6th April 2017, 02:26 PM   #109
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
What happened to all the luggage?
It was put on the wrong plane at the airport.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 04:37 PM   #110
Steve
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
CE seems to have done a Brave Sir Robin on us.
Not quite, it seems.😉
Old 6th April 2017, 08:41 PM   #111
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

LOL.

The pathetic last gasps of the twofer movement.
Old 6th April 2017, 08:45 PM   #112
TheGoldcountry
Illuminator

If you have faith in something that you have spent a lot of time defending, it is hard to let go.
Old 6th April 2017, 09:05 PM   #113
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
If you have faith in something that you have spent a lot of time defending, it is hard to let go.

A good night to point that out with regards to the US regime. Guess it just got again a bit easier, this time for a different chunk of citizens.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 6th April 2017 at 09:06 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 09:16 PM   #114
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

A good night to point that out with regards to the US regime. Guess it just got again a bit easier, this time for a different chunk of citizens.
Which has what to do with 9/11. CIT did a fake investigation and fooled a few gullible people. 77 hit the Pentagon, a fact. It is sad there are nut like CIT who spread lies.

And there are no new photos.

Last edited by beachnut; 6th April 2017 at 09:20 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 10:11 PM   #115
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
In my case I'd agree, I believed in the almighty above well into my thirties, luckily for me logic prevailed and I now deal in reality.

I suspect that is what happened with many truthers as well, they matured and grew older leaving this nonsense behind. Only the few truly deluded remain.
Old 6th April 2017, 10:39 PM   #116
TheGoldcountry
Illuminator

I might agree with you, if you didn't hold on to nonsense like a teddy bear.

The US regime does indeed have faults. But people who cling for dear life to ******** myths hold no promise.
Old 12th April 2017, 03:20 PM   #117
carlitos
"más divertido"

The US regime has, of course, peacefully transferred power in all 3 branches since 9/11/2001.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2017, 09:16 PM   #118
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

If I follow CLE's logic;

I cook and eat turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas
The turkey is store bought and has been plucked and beheaded
The bag which contains the turkey shows no evidence of feathers or a head and inside the Turkey's hollow innards yields no feathers or a head

It must stand to reason turkeys are featherless headless birds.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 06:39 AM   #119
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
"Which has what to do with 9/11. CIT did a fake investigation and fooled a few gullible people. 77 hit the Pentagon, a fact. It is sad there are nut like CIT who spread lies.

And there are no new photos."
bolding is mine

So you believe the recorded testimonies of 10 eye witnesses including two D.C. police officers were fakery?

There is reason to demand more support for the CIT's conclusions but I have seen no evidence that they knowingly engaged in a "faked" investigation.
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 07:30 AM   #120
Gamolon
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Criteria View Post
So you believe the recorded testimonies of 10 eye witnesses including two D.C. police officers were fakery?
So you believe the testimonies of some of those witnesses when they state they saw the plane impact the Pentagon?
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories