ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 29th April 2007, 10:51 AM   #1
patchbunny
Graduate Poster

Fire leads to collapse of California highway overpass

Offered for your discussion. Note from the photos that the structure used steel girders, which failed in the heat from the fire.

San Francisco Chronicle

(04-29) 09:24 PDT OAKLAND -- The heat of a dramatic gasoline tanker fire destroyed an overpass and closed two major roadways in the MacArthur Maze at the East Bay access to the Bay Bridge early this morning.

A section of the roadway taking traffic from the Bay Bridge onto eastbound Interstate 580 fell onto the connector that brings East Bay traffic from Interstate 80 to Interstate 880 southbound toward Oakland and San Jose.

More can be found here
"So, they laugh at my boner, will they? I'll show them! I'll show them how many boners the Joker can make!" -- The Joker, Batman #66
patchbunny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 10:55 AM   #2
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by patchbunny View Post
Offered for your discussion. Note from the photos that the structure used steel girders, which failed in the heat from the fire.

San Francisco Chronicle

(04-29) 09:24 PDT OAKLAND -- The heat of a dramatic gasoline tanker fire destroyed an overpass and closed two major roadways in the MacArthur Maze at the East Bay access to the Bay Bridge early this morning.

A section of the roadway taking traffic from the Bay Bridge onto eastbound Interstate 580 fell onto the connector that brings East Bay traffic from Interstate 80 to Interstate 880 southbound toward Oakland and San Jose.

More can be found here
Was this an inside job?
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:03 AM   #3
ref
Master Poster

That looks baaad.

Wonder what the truthers will make out of this.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:04 AM   #4
uk_dave
Philosopher

(sighs)

Don't you get it yet?

EVERYTHING which occured either before 911 or after 911, if it confirms the basis of the official version can be discounted as being staged in order to provide the confirmation you are depending on.

We're through the looking glass here people..... and the CT world is full of mad hatters.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:17 AM   #5
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

A Smoking Highway, better than a gun

That was a gasoline fire, and everyone knows gasoline has less energy per pound than jet fuel, so the gasoline fire was able to destroy both steel and concrete like a knife cutting through butter. Actually looks like a big mess. But we also know the bridge was built 200 billion times stronger than needed, so it had to be Thermite/Thermate explosives, or a beam weapon, possible anti-matter class. The gas truck is planted as was the driver with burns at the hospital. This is a bigger than a smoking gun, this is a whole smoking highway.

As everyone knows steel is indestructible, like the Titanic was unsinkable. Fair?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:22 AM   #6
Thunder
Banned

Look. We have already established that fire CANNOT melt steel. Didn't you listen to Rosie? Clearly this was an inside job. How do we know the fire department didn't decide to "pull" the highway due to the failing structure? I smell Silverstein all over this.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:33 AM   #7
Quad4_72
AI-EE-YAH!

The JEWS are at it again!
Looks like the one on top has a magazine, thus needs less reloading. Also, the muzzle shroud makes it less likely for a spree killer to burn his hands. The pistol grip makes it more comfortable for the spree killer to shoot. thaiboxerken
Quad4_72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:38 AM   #8
~enigma~
Banned

Was the steel certified by UL?
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:39 AM   #9
slugmancs
Scholar

Originally Posted by Quad4_72 View Post
The JEWS are at it again!
I read somewhere the bridge had asbestos and was never at capacity... think it was BridgeTruth.com
slugmancs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:40 AM   #10
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by ~enigma~ View Post
Was the steel certified by UL?
By Kevin Ryan his damn self....
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:41 AM   #11
Thunder
Banned

lololol. My sister lives in Marin county. She is a Jew. And...her boyfriend...is an Israeli!!! Coincidence? I think not.

I'll bet anything the California DOT just recently renewed its terrorism insurance for their highways, in the amount of $3 billion.

4/28 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:42 AM   #12
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post
lololol. My sister lives in Marin county. She is a Jew. And...her boyfriend...is an Israeli!!! Coincidence? I think not.

You have got to work Molech into this otherwise it isn't a bohemian grove type woo

ETA - did ariel's photos show the overpass looked like Molech or was it a swastika?

Last edited by ~enigma~; 29th April 2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 29th April 2007, 11:44 AM   #13
The Silver Shadow
Graduate Poster

My mother's birthday was just 12 days before. My mom is a teacher, she used to teach in a predominantly Jewish community. THIS HAS CONSPIRACY WRITTEN ALL OVER IT!!!!!!111
I've accomplished more without film school than most people, such as yourself, will EVER accomplish. Period. Jealousy is a bitch, and I'm sorry you're experiencing it, but don't spew ******** like that and expect to not be corrected. This is why you were banned from my forums in the first place.
- Dylan Avery on the budget of his film.
The Silver Shadow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:46 AM   #14
Thunder
Banned

Interstate 580 is a direct link to Bohemian Grove. Something is up my friends. The NWO must be getting restless.

Expect the Israeli attack against Thailand to begin shortly.

Last edited by Thunder; 29th April 2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: new information has come to light, man.
Old 29th April 2007, 11:55 AM   #15
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post

I'll bet anything the California DOT just recently renewed its terrorism insurance for their highways, in the amount of $3 billion.

Marin county...the overpass went up in smoke...are we sure this isn't a publicity stunt for the rerelease of Cheech and Chong's "Up In Smoke"?
Old 29th April 2007, 12:00 PM   #16
Trigood
Muse

It's amazing that no one died. Who alerted all those people not to show up on the freeway that morning? That's what I'd like to know!!!

Let's do the math: 4/28/07 = 4+2+8+0+7 = 21 = 2+1 = 3. Three is now the new 11!!! Three-dee-three3333!!!!

But seriously, it's great that no one did die, apparently.

Pix: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/art...PHQU46.DTL&o=4
Many of us spend our whole lives running from feeling with the mistaken belief that you cannot bear the pain. But you have already borne the pain. What you have not done is feel all you are beyond that pain. - Kahlil Gibran
Trigood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 12:02 PM   #17
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

psyop

QED
Old 29th April 2007, 12:02 PM   #18
Thunder
Banned

Fascinating how no Israelis died in the collapse. Funny how they are always warned to stay away.
Old 29th April 2007, 12:05 PM   #19
~enigma~
Banned

Was a publicity stunt for "Up In Smoke" just like the mooninites in Boston

Eta - [roxdog mode] it's so obvious..,[/roxdog mode]

Last edited by ~enigma~; 29th April 2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 29th April 2007, 12:30 PM   #20
Retrograde
Muse

Quote:
Let's do the math: 4/28/07 = 4+2+8+0+7 = 21 = 2+1 = 3. Three is now the new 11!!! Three-dee-three3333!!!!
You've overlooked the obvious: 33 = 3*11, and 3*3 = 9, => 9-11. It's right there under our noses!

Quote:
Fascinating how no Israelis died in the collapse. Funny how they are always warned to stay away.
According to the SF Chronicle, one of the first people on the scene was named Isaac Rodriquez. If that doesn't raise a red flag - or a false flag....he says he was working near by - at 4AM, right. Sure sounds suspicious to me.

Seriously, I've driven that particular stretch of road and it scares me in daylight in good weather. I'm surprised there aren't more accidents there. Tomorrow's commute is going to be hellacious.
Retrograde is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 12:33 PM   #21
patchbunny
Graduate Poster

Not only do I work for Caltrans, I was on that particular structure yesterday! And I've worked for the DoD!

Not jewish, though. Does that knock me out of the conspiracy?
"So, they laugh at my boner, will they? I'll show them! I'll show them how many boners the Joker can make!" -- The Joker, Batman #66
patchbunny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 12:35 PM   #22
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by patchbunny View Post
Not only do I work for Caltrans, I was on that particular structure yesterday! And I've worked for the DoD!

Not jewish, though. Does that knock me out of the conspiracy?
What is your relation to Cheech and Chong and did you plant the lightpoles I gave you?

ETA - oh damn...didn't mean to say that last part out loud...
Old 29th April 2007, 12:58 PM   #23
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ~enigma~ View Post
What is your relation to Cheech and Chong and did you plant the lightpoles I gave you?

ETA - oh damn...didn't mean to say that last part out loud...
It was a conspirisy! They was supposed to 3" rebar on 4' centers. The C4 coating powderized them!
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 12:58 PM   #24
patchbunny
Graduate Poster

Don't know Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong. Never met them. Prove otherwise! I dare you! Hahaha!

I never watered the light poles after I planted them. I'm afraid they're not growing at all.

Oh, and Cheech says hello.
Old 29th April 2007, 01:38 PM   #25
Trigood
Muse

Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
You've overlooked the obvious: 33 = 3*11, and 3*3 = 9, => 9-11. It's right there under our noses!
Thanks Retro, I guess my mind was too ristricted to the OCT to understand the truth. My my, it's all so obvious, once you point it out!
Many of us spend our whole lives running from feeling with the mistaken belief that you cannot bear the pain. But you have already borne the pain. What you have not done is feel all you are beyond that pain. - Kahlil Gibran
Trigood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 01:39 PM   #26
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

Proof it was teh Jooos.
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 01:42 PM   #27
knot
Critical Thinker

It has to be thermite or perhaps concrete termite nano-bots - or a missile.

Last edited by knot; 29th April 2007 at 01:48 PM.
knot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 01:47 PM   #28
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Originally Posted by rwguinn View Post
They was supposed to 3" rebar on 4' centers.
My life would be complete if I could never hear or see 3" rebar on 4' centers ever again.
Old 29th April 2007, 01:48 PM   #29
Thunder
Banned

This bridge just happens to collapse during the Jewish Sabbath, when Orthodox Jews are forbidden from driving. Coincidence? I think not.
Old 29th April 2007, 02:47 PM   #30
eeyore1954
Philosopher

Never before in the history of mankind has a non wooden overpass collapsed solely from fire. Obviously it was done by explosives planted during constuction of the overpass.
eeyore1954 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 03:10 PM   #31
boloboffin

I just heard that the driver, after turning over the truck (he was teh speeding), managed somehow to hobble over to a gas station, where a conveniently waiting cab driver drove him to the hospital...

...where he's being treated for teh SECOND-DEGREE BURNS!!!!!1111!!!

OMGWTFBBQ!!!!1!
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 03:13 PM   #32
Thunder
Banned

Do you think this will appear in LC:FC?
Old 29th April 2007, 03:43 PM   #33
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
<snip>According to the SF Chronicle, one of the first people on the scene was named Isaac Rodriquez. If that doesn't raise a red flag - or a false flag....he says he was working near by - at 4AM, right. Sure sounds suspicious to me.
Further, Rodriguez said, "It really looked fake..."

Quote:
"...It's made of steel and concrete, and it was bent at both angles of the pillar. It really looked fake. ..."
And, he said,
Quote:
"It was incredible because it was a roar.
A "roar" is the same as an "explosion", as everyone knows, so it must have been a bomb or thermite/thermate or a beam weapon from space.

And the truck has, apparently, disappeared!!!eleventy111!

Quote:
No recognizable sign of the truck remains at the scene. One Caltrans worker there early this morning held up his thumb and forefinger an inch apart to describe how big the tanker is now.
Clearly, a false flag operation, and the NWO messed up and forgot to plant transport truck remnants around the area...

Last edited by LashL; 29th April 2007 at 03:46 PM.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 04:48 PM   #34
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Here's what you do. You make sure to get the truck's unit number (these are assigned by the gasoline company which owns the truck). Then you call the company's fuel depot and explain that you want that truck (for example, Truck 9112001) delivered to a specific address. The manager will likely have been trained to respond with "that truck is destroyed" or "it burnt up on the freeway on Saturday", or something similar. So you respond, firmly stating again that you need that truck to go to a specific address. If the manager keeps insisting the truck was destroyed, indicate with authority that "the truck needs to be moved - some people know it wasn't destroyed and they are looking for it." Then we make sure we have the depot staked out, and watch. The truck will show up, guaranteed.

Then you will know the truth.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 05:01 PM   #35
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Originally Posted by HeyLeroy View Post
How does one tell? Is that pillar circumcised?

DR
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 05:01 PM   #36
Puggy
Thinker

Originally Posted by HeyLeroy View Post
Not only that. If the "fire" was hot enough to destroy the overpass, how come those people are RIGHT there?!!!!!!1111

Also, there's no evidence of a "gasoline tanker".
Puggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 05:04 PM   #37
strathmeyer
Master Poster

Are we sure there was actually a bridge there? I haven't read any first hand accounts of people who saw the bridge standing before the fire. For all we know, the government was supposed to build a bridge, but instead they just lit a fire there and dropped a lot of bridge rubble. You know what? That doesn't even look like American bridge rubble... It's obviously Iranian bridge rubble! I knew our government was working with those evil Iranians all along!
strathmeyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 05:25 PM   #38
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post

DR

Look closely at the "firemen"...

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 05:26 PM   #39
Civilized Worm
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post

DR

Look closely at the firefighters, it took me a few seconds to spot but then I LOLled.
Civilized Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 05:29 PM   #40
Apollo20
Banned

Well this is what the Associated Press had to say about the Oakland Bridge incident which occurred at 3:45 a.m. today:

"8,600 gallons of gasoline ignited....flames rose 200 feet into the air ... (temperatures) exceeded 2750 degrees and caused the steel beams... to buckle AND BOLTS HOLDING THE STRUCTURE TOGETHER

TO MELT,

LEADING TO COLLAPSE"

I wonder if the bolts were GALVANIZED STEEL?
Apollo20 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories