ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 1st May 2007, 05:54 PM   #161
Apollo20
Banned

You call that help?
Apollo20 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2007, 05:55 PM   #162
Pardalis
Banned

You can copy and paste it now all you want, it's yours.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2007, 05:56 PM   #163
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by Apollo20 View Post
ENIGMA:

It would be great to have some technical input from you, do you have any?
About a chemical reaction that is nothing out of the ordinary....NO

And in case you are interested I might have had one if it wasn't for your flippant attitude.
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2007, 05:57 PM   #164
~enigma~
Banned

You call that help?
Better late than never...
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2007, 06:01 PM   #165
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

You call that help?
ASCI: Alt + 0233 =
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2007, 06:15 PM   #166
Pardalis
Banned

From what I read from Greening's posting attitude here, I have a little idea of why he got ignored by the NIST...
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2007, 06:20 PM   #167
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Yes,

"Do you guys not understand what the word "ignore" means?"

Yes, it's "what Apollo20 does to common sense answers".

When you explain how, when a single bolt in a component at Very Important Place X breaks, a battery of careful and thorough tests are done on it; and then ask why NIST hasn't tested all those bolts that used to hold together the WTC towers - see, that question has a very common sense answer that you seem to be choosing to ignore.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2007, 06:28 PM   #168
ConspiRaider
Writer of Nothingnesses

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post

Glad I could help.
Apollo is right, that is a cute "e"!

Look at him! Adorable! Always with a big smile for everyone regardless of conspiratorial temperament, I just love that! Don't hug until you see the white of his eye (tee hee). And that little beanie cap he's wearing - where on earth did you find that?

Someday he'll grow up to be a big, stiff, right-angled "E" with faultless proportions and a rather square mindset. But we can marvel at such an itty-bitty fuzzy-wuzzy round-guy cutie-pie "e" for at least a little while. Such a little heartbreaker!
ConspiRaider is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2007, 06:45 PM   #169
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

This looks incorrect, please check:

"6000 pounds of PVC per floor-that is about 7 pounds /square foot."
you are absolutely correct. I gave sq ft/pound. too many things going on at once. Thanks for the correction.
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2007, 06:46 PM   #170
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by ConspiRaider View Post
And that little beanie cap he's wearing - where on earth did you find that?
That little beanie cap is a yarmulke...that is a Jewish
Old 1st May 2007, 06:50 PM   #171
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

RWGUINN:

You used the term "pretty deep" in your last post. Could you please quantify this and provide a reference.
I thought I did.
It is a number I made up, assuming the average wall/flange thickness of the supports in the area of collapse was 1 to 1.5 inch, I figured 1/2 depth for a 30-50% strength reduction (same as thermal reduction at 750C), assuming your reaction reduces the strength to zero. Conservative, yes.
But I did say arbitrary in my post.
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2007, 06:52 PM   #172
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Sulfuric acid has had decades to penetrate the steel is that long enough?
So, what you are saying was that the towers were ready to come down anyway?
Sulphuric acid had been eating away at the steel for decades, and nobody noticed, during any of the periodic inspections and/or remodelings?

OOOOKKKKKKKAY...

Last edited by rwguinn; 1st May 2007 at 06:52 PM. Reason: damn arthritis!
Old 1st May 2007, 06:55 PM   #173
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by rwguinn View Post
Sulphuric acid had been eating away at the steel for decades, and nobody noticed, during any of the periodic inspections and/or remodelings?

OOOOKKKKKKKAY...
Didn't you know that it was a result of air pollution that the wtc fell. it's our fault...oh the inhumanity
Old 1st May 2007, 08:09 PM   #174
Thunder
Banned

Enigma. I already told you. The WTC was destroyed because UPN 9 was jealous that the twin towers gave Channel 11 free advertising.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2007, 08:24 PM   #175
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post
Enigma. I already told you. The WTC was destroyed because UPN 9 was jealous that the twin towers gave Channel 11 free advertising.
Nah..that was a story designed to let the real perpetrators go scott free and continue polluting...and these guys thought it was the government...HA
Old 2nd May 2007, 07:16 AM   #176
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

So the troothers are now claiming that since the tip of the flame was touching the bridge, and that is the 'hottest part of the flame', that it meant the heat transfer was much better than those columns that were only immersed in the flames.

*sigh*

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 07:26 AM   #177
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
So the troothers are now claiming that since the tip of the flame was touching the bridge, and that is the 'hottest part of the flame', that it meant the heat transfer was much better than those columns that were only immersed in the flames.

*sigh*
you mean they still confuse heat and temperature. The temepature gradient for a flame is pretty conclusive in that that base has a higher temperature than the tip. For other reasons that I don't really want to get into right now, the heat you can measure at the tip is almost always more than at the base but how do they apply this to 9/11. To me it's just proof that their non-knowledge of physics isn't just restricted to 9/11 but it applys to life in general.
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:05 AM   #178
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw
Sulfuric acid has had decades to penetrate the steel is that long enough?
H2SO4 may have had some time to corrode the metal somewhat but I suspect not much since any new deposits would have to make their way throughthe layer already affected before attacking new steel. However the layer of sulfur containing compounds on the steel would increase over time. This would have little effect on the steel UNTIL the temperature rose high enough to cause a eutectic process lowering the melting point and increasing loss of strength as a function of temperature.

Yes, there is a process by which air pollution can contribute to building collapse during major fires.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:32 AM   #179
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by ~enigma~ View Post
you mean they still confuse heat and temperature. The temepature gradient for a flame is pretty conclusive in that that base has a higher temperature than the tip. For other reasons that I don't really want to get into right now, the heat you can measure at the tip is almost always more than at the base

This is something I'd be curious to hear more about... If anyone feels like explaining it to me.

Seems to me, applying my ignorant logic, that while the base may have higher temperature, the tip has higher heat transfer. This makes it feel "hotter", however more importantly it means the tip will heat up another object faster than the base (which, at least at the basic level of experimentation, appears to be true).

In which case the "troofer" claim does have some vague merit, in that the tip of said fire would transfer more heat to a piece of steel than the base.

Of course it all seems a bit irrelevant to me as an ENGULFED and enclosed building will have plenty of scenarios of steel exposed to both tips and bases of various flames. Additionally, in an enclosed space the air temperature would increase much more dramatically than the air around an open highway, thus the heated steel in the building would be less capable of cooling through thermal radiation.

The tanker fire also occurred in the middle of the night while 9/11 occurred during day time. In addition the average high for Oakland in April is 19 degrees whereas the average high for New York in September is 24 degrees. Thus you also have the NYC event happening in a significantly hotter climate.

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tde
keimetha tois keinon rhmasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 08:32 PM   #180
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
H2SO4 may have had some time to corrode the metal somewhat but I suspect not much since any new deposits would have to make their way throughthe layer already affected before attacking new steel. However the layer of sulfur containing compounds on the steel would increase over time. This would have little effect on the steel UNTIL the temperature rose high enough to cause a eutectic process lowering the melting point and increasing loss of strength as a function of temperature.

Yes, there is a process by which air pollution can contribute to building collapse during major fires.
IT is more important what the H2SO4 Does on the Zinc, and on the concrete, there is a lot of Gypsum in the concrete that would allow H2SO4 to go right though the concrete without reacting with it.
Over time the amount of Gypsum would even increase, and break down of Lime stone aggregate, would create and release Calcium Chloride.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 08:45 PM   #181
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
IT is more important what the H2SO4 Does on the Zinc, and on the concrete, there is a lot of Gypsum in the concrete that would allow H2SO4 to go right though the concrete without reacting with it.
Over time the amount of Gypsum would even increase, and break down of Lime stone aggregate, would create and release Calcium Chloride.
Again, you are talking about stress relief. if the concrete breaks down, and the pan disappears, the load on the floor trusses is reduced, which lessens the sag and the crippling load at the floor/column joint. How does that aid collapse?
Old 3rd May 2007, 02:43 AM   #182
XXX
Thinker

Speaking of the Truthers reactions, did any of you guys catch this one yet? (Not quite sure where it's origin is from though...)

Did you happen to see the photo of the damage 8600 gallons of gasoline exploding and burning causes?? See any powderized concrete???? Dozens of burned cars???? Ejected material blocks away?

Gasoline burns much much hotter than jet fuel (Kerosene). In the hijacked planes, there was @ 15,000 gallons of kerosene at takeoff. Figure they burned up 10% on takeoff and flying. 13,500. Figure at least 50% of the remaining fuel exploded on impact. That is a low estimate, in my opinion. 6750 explodes, 6750 burns.

Now, look at this overpass. I have welded the 3" rebar that reinforces the concrete on these California overpasses, certified double butt welds, with 9018 low hydrogen electrodes, rebar preheated to 250F.

I am unaware of what "steel beams" they allude to, unless it is embedded in the concrete column supporting the roadbed. But, it is their story, let them tell it.
I have many many times passed over this very section of freeway. I used to work in Hayward, 10 minutes down the freeway. This section is less than 3 stories tall.

The concrete did not powderize. The steel did not melt. The asphalt, which is made of petroleum products, simply melted and swayed, not powderized, not burned and gone. The story states the "steel beams buckled" and the bolts holding them "melted." Collapsed. In Place. All the pieces still there, except these "bolts." No hole in the ground, even though THIS explosion and fire was at GROUND LEVEL.

The article also states definitively that the temperatures reached 2750F. HOW they KNOW this is beyond me, unless they are stating gasoline burns at 2750 degrees, but also stating steel doesn't melt then.
NOW YOU GET MY POINT????????

If steel beams here in California didn't disappear and powderize to nothing at OFFICIALLY GIVEN TEMP of 2750 with gasoline, like at the WTC Tower's core beams did, HOW IN THE HELL did KEROSENE POWDERIZE CONCRETE AT 675F maximum temperatures?????? Especially given the fact the jet fuel only burned the TOP FLOORS????
Read the article by the Danish Professor of Chemistry.
Kerosene burns at 675F.

Officially now (facts given by authorities), California has stated gasoline can't melt steel, only cause it to turn PLASTIC UNDER EXTREME HEAT.

If the official 911 story had ANY credibility, the towers should have looked like elongated pretzels. Twisted steel.

################################################## ######

Your countrymen have been murdered and the more you delve into it the more it looks as
though they were murdered by our government, who used it as an excuse to
murder other people thousands of miles away.
Lt. Col. Shelton F. Lankford, USMC (ret)
Retired U.S. Marine Corps Fighter Pilot

http://www.patriotsquestion911.com/

"The truth has power for the simple reason that it is the truth. Wouldn't you prefer your truth like that?"
XXX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 02:55 AM   #183
westprog
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Slayhamlet View Post
ASCI: Alt + 0233 =
Alt Gr e -
Ctrl Alt e -
westprog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 02:57 AM   #184
westprog
Philosopher

Originally Posted by aggle-rithm View Post
That's why steel is smelted in an open-air environment.
When I want the gas oven to work quicker I just open the door.
westprog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 03:57 AM   #185
peteweaver
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ref View Post
That looks baaad.

Wonder what the truthers will make out of this.
Maybe they will paint in an F16...
peteweaver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 04:13 PM   #186
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by rwguinn View Post
Again, you are talking about stress relief. if the concrete breaks down, and the pan disappears, the load on the floor trusses is reduced, which lessens the sag and the crippling load at the floor/column joint. How does that aid collapse?
However if the concrete pans only burn in a certain section not the whole pans then that places more uneven loads on the trusses, as well as weakening the trusses from the heat produced by the burned sections.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 04:35 PM   #187
Architect
Chief Punkah Wallah

I still can't get over the fact that people would thing that "powderized" is a real word and expect to get taken seriously.....

James Keir Hardie (1856 - 1915): Politician, Founder of Scottish Labour Party
Architect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2017, 11:29 AM   #188
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Happened again.

In Atlanta.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/traffic-...se-in-atlanta/

Guess someone was storing Therm*te under there.

Lot of black smoke too.

Hmmm
Old 31st March 2017, 01:27 PM   #189
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Nope, PVC pipes were under the bridge though..........

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2017, 01:41 PM   #190
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Don't tell 9/11 truth believers... when they find out PVC has nearly four times the heat energy of thermite, the 9/11 truth story will have the NWO operatives planting PVC pipes in the WTC. Some plastics have close to 10 times the heat energy of thermite... Mj/kg...
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2017, 02:38 PM   #191
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Lot of black smoke too.

Hmmm
Black smoke? Isn't that too low-temp to cause the steel to weaken, or something?
Old 31st March 2017, 03:25 PM   #192
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

This false flag is an obvious sign AE911 is getting too close..........Damn you Trump.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2017, 05:07 PM   #193
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Has the storage of PVC pipe ever caused the collapse of a steel framed bridge?

I'm just asking questions.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2017, 05:16 PM   #194
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by DGM View Post

No idea in all fairness, it is simply being noted and checked on by the engineers working out what caused it!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2017, 05:22 PM   #195
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

No idea in all fairness, it is simply being noted and checked on by the engineers working out what caused it!!!
Reports are the fire commanders "pulled" the men back just before the collapse.

Lucky timing? I think not.....................

Old 31st March 2017, 05:31 PM   #196
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

They've made arrests on this one:

http://www.11alive.com/traffic/i-85-...apse/427369010

The Illuminati is getting sloppy...or are they?
Old 31st March 2017, 05:48 PM   #197
Gorgonian
Thinker

Bridge collapsed?? From ordinary overpass fires?
Gorgonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2017, 06:15 PM   #198
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

You can see the stuff under the bridge, the plastic pipe rolls on maps with the road photos. Is the google street view. My mom lives a mile or so from the area.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2017, 06:24 PM   #199
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post

First time in history and you know what that means,...
Old 31st March 2017, 08:38 PM   #200
FFTR
Student

Originally Posted by ref View Post
That looks baaad.

Wonder what the truthers will make out of this.
That NTSB should check for explosives.

They (truthers) know fire cannot take down a steel framed structure.Might as well have them check the site for nanothermite and mini neutron bombs.

Most likely they will state it has no relationship with the WTC.
FFTR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories