ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags wtc1

Reply
Old 31st May 2008, 08:45 AM   #361
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,546
Originally Posted by Alt+F4 View Post
Is this a bombs only theory or is it a bombs plus thermite theory? How big were these bombs? How were they detonated?
It's a "we don't have anything usable what so ever to back our theories, so we will work with parts of the most unreliable evidence and use it to try and dismiss all other evidence so we can then replace it with our completely baseless theory to further our political needs and psychological problems' theory.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2008, 11:50 AM   #362
bio
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 883
Originally Posted by thewholesoul View Post
you forget that the planes severed through the entire shaft which means that the separate rail would also be severed through along with the cables. if this occured then yes, the counterweights could well have fallen upon the cars within the shaft below.

...

To be honest i dont really care if the counterwieghts fell or not because they cannot explain all the phenomena before the fireball arrived.

Q: how come Phillip Morelli heard the first explosion from above him and not right beside him at the shaft pit?



He tried to take the stairs up to the lobby from the B4 level. That does not explain the FIRST explosion he heard above him. Moreover he tried to take the stairs after the fireball arrived. I do not dispute the fact that debris fell. I am simply saying that it cannot account for all the phenomena that occured prior to the arrival of the fireball. See my post #288
Regarding elevators 6 and 7 - according to NIST they were inoperable on 9/11

QUOTE
Elevators 6A and 7A were out of service for modernization.
(NIST NCSTAR 1-8, p.43)

From this statement we can conclude that the elevator cars were parked in Basement 1, where they had their lowest elevator openings. This is also confirmed by NIST:

QUOTE
"The doors were blown off by the fireball that came down the elevator shaft and the elevators cars were burned. (Basement level of WTC 1)." (NIST NCSTAR 1-8, p.43)
----------------------

From where did the explosions come from?

Last edited by bio; 31st May 2008 at 11:51 AM.
bio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2008, 12:11 PM   #363
Norseman
Muse
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 643
Originally Posted by bio View Post
Regarding elevators 6 and 7 - according to NIST they were inoperable on 9/11

QUOTE
Elevators 6A and 7A were out of service for modernization.
(NIST NCSTAR 1-8, p.43)

From this statement we can conclude that the elevator cars were parked in Basement 1, where they had their lowest elevator openings. This is also confirmed by NIST:

QUOTE
"The doors were blown off by the fireball that came down the elevator shaft and the elevators cars were burned. (Basement level of WTC 1)." (NIST NCSTAR 1-8, p.43)
----------------------

From where did the explosions come from?
Why do you need to ask, you quoted the correct answer yourself? I have enlarged it in case you missed it.

Last edited by Norseman; 31st May 2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Grammar
Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2008, 12:30 PM   #364
bio
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 883
Please read the basic statement of your post 269.
quote:
It is quiet likely that the impact of for instance the counterweights could have destroyed the enclosure walls of the express elevator shaft opposite the freight elevator shaft down on B-4.

The fact is that the impact of objects from the aircraft crash zone is a very, very plausible and reasonable explanation of what the witnesses down in the basement levels experienced before the arrival of the jet fuel fireball. It was the jet fuel deflagration that caused all the damage down on B4, apart from any damage caused by falling objects inside the elevator shafts. This is well supported by all the available information.
bio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2008, 12:49 PM   #365
bio
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 883
...
bio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2008, 09:22 PM   #366
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
 
LashL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,455
Originally Posted by bio View Post
From this statement we can conclude that the elevator cars were parked in Basement 1, where they had their lowest elevator openings. This is also confirmed by NIST:

QUOTE
"The doors were blown off by the fireball that came down the elevator shaft and the elevators cars were burned. (Basement level of WTC 1)." (NIST NCSTAR 1-8, p.43)

No, from this statement you cannot conclude that those particular elevator cars were parked at B1, and no, that was not "confirmed" by NIST.

Last edited by LashL; 4th June 2008 at 09:27 PM.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2008, 09:28 PM   #367
theauthor
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 780
Originally Posted by LashL View Post
No, from this statement you most certainly cannot conclude that those particular elevator cars were parked at B1, and no, that most certainly was not confirmed by NIST.

Why have you removed the bit about internal and external doors?
theauthor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2008, 09:47 PM   #368
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
 
LashL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,455
Originally Posted by theauthor View Post
Why have you removed the bit about internal and external doors?
For the same reason that I decided to remove the bit about "bio" cherry picking his/her alleged "quote" from the NIST report: I like to keep things simple for conspiracy fantasist simpletons, and take things one step at a time for them, as they are not very bright, they are easily distracted, and they are bound to go off on tangents if I don't keep it simple and stick to one point at a time.

Case in point: see your post, quoted herein.

Last edited by LashL; 4th June 2008 at 09:50 PM.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2008, 09:57 PM   #369
theauthor
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 780
Originally Posted by LashL View Post
For the same reason that I decided to remove the bit about "bio" cherry picking his/her alleged "quote" from the NIST report: I like to keep things simple for conspiracy fantasist simpletons, and take things one step at a time for them, as they are not very bright, they are easily distracted, and they are bound to go off on tangents if I don't keep it simple and stick to one point at a time.

Case in point: see your post, quoted herein.
You mean you stated something then realised you had no evidence for it.
theauthor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2008, 09:59 PM   #370
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
 
LashL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,455
Originally Posted by theauthor View Post
You mean you stated something then realised you had no evidence for it.

Um, no.

Try reading for comprehension next time. I realize that's a struggle for you, but seriously, give it a try.

Pay particular attention to this part:

Quote:
I like to keep things simple for conspiracy fantasist simpletons, and take things one step at a time for them, as they are not very bright, they are easily distracted, and they are bound to go off on tangents if I don't keep it simple and stick to one point at a time.
and this part:

Quote:
Case in point: see your post, quoted herein.

Last edited by LashL; 4th June 2008 at 10:02 PM.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2008, 11:07 PM   #371
bio
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 883
Originally Posted by LashL View Post
No, from this statement you cannot conclude that those particular elevator cars were parked at B1, and no, that was not "confirmed" by NIST.
reference please.
bio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 12:23 AM   #372
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,546
Originally Posted by bio View Post
reference please.
LOL!

And while we're at it, I would like a reference to prove the notion that we can't assume a space beam was used to bring down the towers.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 12:38 AM   #373
bio
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 883
Originally Posted by Jonnyclueless View Post
LOL!

And while we're at it, I would like a reference to prove the notion that we can't assume a space beam was used to bring down the towers.
Is this your standard of "debunking" here?
bio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 01:23 AM   #374
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,546
Is that your standard of Wooing?
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 06:52 PM   #375
thewholesoul
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,201
Originally Posted by LashL View Post
No, from this statement you cannot conclude that those particular elevator cars were parked at B1, and no, that was not "confirmed" by NIST.
lashl the condition of the 6 7 elevators and their location in the lobby is confirmed by the testimony of Dave Bobbitt
http://911stories.googlepages.com/in...ccounts%2Clobb

so stop talking rubbish
thewholesoul is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 06:59 PM   #376
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,546
Originally Posted by thewholesoul View Post
lashl the condition of the 6 7 elevators and their location in the lobby is confirmed by the testimony of Dave Bobbitt
http://911stories.googlepages.com/in...ccounts%2Clobb

so stop talking rubbish
Just because the elevator doors were blown out does not mean the elevator car was there.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 08:35 PM   #377
thewholesoul
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,201
EVIDENCE: bombs in basement

The following is the standard of evidence required by Jonnyclueless. Now even when I will satisfy his standard of evidence, and I will, observe how his irrationality prevails!

Only an irrational person will, in the face of plain evidence, still believe in the impossible and the untrue.

Originally Posted by Jonnyclueless View Post
Evidence would be something that can ONLY be caused by bombs, thus rulling out everything else.
The following is a list of phenomena witnessed in North Tower:

(a) Sound of explosion
(b) Smoke
(c) Glass blown out
(d) Building shaking
(e) Elevador door blown up
(f) Walls blown rubble
(g) 3+ consecutive walls blown down
(h) 300pound steel fire door crumbled up
(i) Steel beams blown apart
(j) Clothes blown off
(k) People running and screaming
(l) People thrown to the floor
(m) Skin burnt off
(n) Body parts blown off
(o) Pile of dead bodies

All of the above ACTUALLY HAPPENED and can be found here: http://911stories.googlepages.com/in...ccounts%2Clobb

1: The following are just some of the events that we know occurred before a fireball arrived in the basment (a) (b) (d) (e) (k) (l) (m). In post 288 and post 329 I dismissed falling debris, a fireball, and unignited jet fuel as possible explanations.

According to Clueless’s own standard (a) (b) (d) (e) (k) (l) (m) should be considered as EVIDENCE of bombs because I have ruled out all other causal explanations.

2: The following cannot possibly be explained by a fuel deflagration that only produces a maximum overpressure of 5psi (g) (h) (i) (n) (o).

Again according to his own standard (g) (h) (i) (n) (o) should be considered as EVIDENCE of bombs because bombs are the only possible causal explanation and everything else can be ruled out.

3: Needless to say that ALL (a) to (o) can be causally explained by a bomb

I predict Clueless will change his own standard of evidence because if he actually maintains his own standard of evidence logic demands that he accept the existence of bombs in the basement

Last edited by thewholesoul; 5th June 2008 at 08:47 PM.
thewholesoul is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 09:39 PM   #378
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,814
No bomb, just made up stuff by you. Sorry, you have not produced one person killed by a bomb. Darn; failure is yours. When will you find a source or evidence for your fantasy ideas?


... Never

You can not just post fantasy ideas and say it is so; wait, I was wrong; you can post fantasy ideas and say it is so, but you are still wrong. You lack evidence and some knowledge on this topic. Do you think more time will help; you have had over 6 years?

oops;
Quote:
but he was knocked down by a fireball that roared down the elevator shaft. (http://911stories.googlepages.com/in...ccounts%2Clobb)
A fireball? I thought you said bomb? Darn, your own sources cited say fireball, not bomb.

Last edited by beachnut; 5th June 2008 at 09:53 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 09:57 PM   #379
bio
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 883
Originally Posted by Jonnyclueless View Post
Just because the elevator doors were blown out does not mean the elevator car was there.
How is this possible?
bio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 10:10 PM   #380
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ
 
Grizzly Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,769
Originally Posted by thewholesoul View Post
The following is the standard of evidence required by Jonnyclueless. Now even when I will satisfy his standard of evidence, and I will, observe how his irrationality prevails!

Only an irrational person will, in the face of plain evidence, still believe in the impossible and the untrue.



The following is a list of phenomena witnessed in North Tower:

(a) Sound of explosion
(b) Smoke
(c) Glass blown out
(d) Building shaking
(e) Elevador door blown up
(f) Walls blown rubble
(g) 3+ consecutive walls blown down
(h) 300pound steel fire door crumbled up
(i) Steel beams blown apart
(j) Clothes blown off
(k) People running and screaming
(l) People thrown to the floor
(m) Skin burnt off
(n) Body parts blown off
(o) Pile of dead bodies

All of the above ACTUALLY HAPPENED and can be found here: 911stories*googlepages*com/insidethenorthtower%3Awitnessaccounts%2Clobb


According to Clueless’s own standard (a) (b) (d) (e) (k) (l) (m) should be considered as EVIDENCE of bombs because I have ruled out all other causal explanations.

2: The following cannot possibly be explained by a fuel deflagration that only produces a maximum overpressure of 5psi (g) (h) (i) (n) (o).

Again according to his own standard (g) (h) (i) (n) (o) should be considered as EVIDENCE of bombs because bombs are the only possible causal explanation and everything else can be ruled out.

3: Needless to say that ALL (a) to (o) can be causally explained by a bomb

I predict Clueless will change his own standard of evidence because if he actually maintains his own standard of evidence logic demands that he accept the existence of bombs in the basement


TWS, I'm going to touch upon a few things here which aren't exclusive to the elevator shaft discussion but cover point which do have relevance inone form or another since you've brought up the list of criteria.

Originally Posted by thewholesoul View Post
1: The following are just some of the events that we know occurred before a fireball arrived in the basment (a) (b) (d) (e) (k) (l) (m). In post 288 and post 329 I dismissed falling debris, a fireball, and unignited jet fuel as possible explanations.
-- For point (A)
Listen to these (You will have to add in all the 'dots' to the URL's as I cannot post any yet):

Here is what an electrical transformer sounds like when it explodes:
www*stupidcollege*com/items/Electric-Transformer-Explosion

Here is what STEEL sounds like when it collapses: 911myths*com/collapse2*rm


And bloody hell I thought I brought this up once, and you've not answered to it in the other thread:

Even bodies hitting the ground sounded like explosions.

“The sight was amazing. I was just totally awestruck. I reported to the command post, showed my ID and asked if I could be of use. They said "Absolutely. Stand off on the side with the other medical people.‟ I couldn't fight any fires because I did not have that kind of gear with me, but would have done it if asked."

“I decided to walk closer to the South Tower. I was about 100 ft from the South Tower looking up when the bodies started coming down. I counted 35. They were just piling up on the Marriott Marquis hotel. They were 10 to 15 thick piling up one after another. You could hear them hitting on the side streets. They were hitting cars, and there were lots of explosions.

“I have seen plenty of death in my life, and burned bodies and so forth, but this was incredible. As I was looking up, I saw a body coming down, hit a lamppost and explode like a paint ball. Its arms and legs got torn off and the head ripped off and bounced right by me.”


Source of quote:
september11*ceenews*com/ar/electric_broadway_electrical_supplys/

--Point (B): Have you ruled out electrical transformers as being culprits to this?

-- Point C & D
You have stated to me that there is no supporting evidence to support my claim that the torsion of the towers during the plane impacts contributed to some of the dame to the lobby windows, despite my providing a precedent that the flexibility of steel structures allow for movement when a horizontal force sufficient to shift the building is applied.

I provided the John Hancock tower in Boston as a precent to display that bad design could lead to major flexing, and subsequently claimsed that although the WTC were designed to take the wind loads into account, the planes struck with much greater force than wind loads. Not only that, the force applied by the planes was focused to a single region and then transferred to the base due the the tower's design restricting the movement to a certain degree.

I'd like to point out the following:

84th floor, as 175 hits. Brian Clark:
"It wasn't a huge explosion. It was something muffled, no flames, no smoke, but the room fell apart as the plane kind of torqued the building. Ceiling tiles fell from the ceiling, air conditioning ducts fell, door frames fell out of the wall. (Richard Bernstein: Out of the Blue. New York: Times Books, 2002. p. 222)"
--------------------------------------------------------

78th floor
"Kelly Reyher, AON Corporation: The elevator split at the seams, the floor blew up. You could just sort of look right through the corner of the elevator into the elevator shaft and it was just all fire.

So I was able to crawl out. And then when I crawled out you just saw an absolute scene of destruction. Across from me, because when you crawl out you're facing the other elevator bank, they were completely destroyed. There was fire just shooting out those. "Accounts From the South Tower" The New York Times, May 26, 2002"

-------------------------------------------------------

67th floor: blast from below
Tom Elliott: Then, as they reached the 70th floor, they heard an announcement: The building was secure. No one needed to evacuate.

One woman in the small group said to Elliott, "Do you want to believe them? Let's go!"

They had descended three more floors when United Airlines Flight 175 slammed into their own south tower like an arrow from a giant crossbow. It was 9:03 a.m.

Flight 175 had left Logan 15 minutes after American Flight 11. It was also bound for Los Angeles, carrying 56 passengers and nine crew.

Although its spectacularly televised impact was above Elliott, at first he and those around him thought an explosion had come from below. An incredible noise - he calls it an "exploding sound" - shook the building, and a tornado of hot air and smoke and ceiling tiles and bits of drywall came flying up the stairwell. **NOTE 1**

"In front of me, the wall split from the bottom up," he says.

In a flash of panic, people began fleeing higher into the building. Then a few men began working on the crowd, calming people down, saying that downstairs was the only way out.

As they descended, a few other survivors stumbled into the corridor. A construction painter, his white T-shirt covered in blood, was helped downstairs by others. But the stairwell was still far from jammed with evacuees.

Elliott assumed his was one of the final groups descending. They saw only two firemen going up. They told them there had been an explosion near the 60th floor. [It is unclear who says this]"

csmonitor*com/2001/0917/p1s1-usgn*html


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

61st floor when 175 hits
Linda Raisch-Lopez
I reached the 61st floor when there was a tremendous explosion. The building swayed back and forth. I can't even describe the terror I felt as I was thrown into the wall. I screamed and screamed and screamed. A man grabbed me and held me until I calmed down. The lights flickered, there was white smoke everywhere and I saw that a large piece of concrete had fallen on the stairway landing. ...I knew it would collapse. It was inevitable. The building was vibrating and I ran faster and faster."

911digitalarchive*org/stories/details/9348

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------'

53rd floor
"Jack Alvo: I felt the impact of the explosion that I believed was at my feet. I heard the crashing glass around me as the building rocked. My hands began to shake and my knees buckled. I knew I could not stay where I was and I had to go lower. I made my way to the stairs, passing people along the way. I saw the horror and the fear in several faces as I went by them. I still believed the impact was at my feet and as I descended past floor 50 and floor 40 I was sure I was going to see disaster."
aish*com/societyWork/society/One_Mans_Escape*asp
----------
***NOTE 1***^^^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below 44th floor on 175 impact
Joy Shepard: “When it hit, it just jolted the whole stairway. You could smell the jet fuel. A crack appeared in the wall. Smoke filled the stairwell. The skylight above us blew out of the building.” talkwisdom*blogspot*com/2006_09_01_archive*html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25th floor
"Eric S. Levine: Somewhere around the 25th floor, we began to smell jet fuel and a lot of it. I have asthma and it began to become a little difficult to breathe but by the 15th floor it became unbearable due to the amount of smoke that was now entering the stairwell.

news*bbc*co*uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/americas/2001/day_of_terror/eyewitness/7*stm


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


25th floor on 175 impact
Am now holding onto our room's door... clinging to it as if my life depended on it... as the building was still swaying violently... I hear and see more "smaller" explosions....electricity was cut off...more debris... broken glasses... air gushing in... ceiling was slowly caving in...

e-pix*com/wtc/wtcacct*html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

South Tower lobby:
Firefighter Timothy Brown: "We finally set up -- prior to this I believe it was the west side of the core of the building there were elevators. Someone had come to me and said that there were people trapped in one of those elevators. So I ran around the corner, and the hoist way doors were open, but the elevator car was only showing about two feet at the top of the door. You could see all the legs of the people that were in the elevator. I would guess there were about eight people in the elevator. The elevator pit was on fire with the jet fuel. People were screaming in the elevator. They were getting smoked and cooked. There weren't a lot of firemen there at the time. I grabbed some of the Port Authority employees and asked them where the fire extinguishers were and told them to get as many fire extinguishers as they could so we could try and fight this fire. As they were doing that, firemen started showing up, and I started asking them to get big cans, let's try to put this fire out." --

hosted*ap*org/specials/interactives/_national/sept11_fdny_transcripts/9110458*PDF

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


South Tower Lobby: gust from second plane impact blows NYPD officer out door

"Death also seemed imminent for 37-year-old Carol Paukner, as gusts created after a second plane rammed into the World Trade Center complex blew her out an exit of the South Tower. Latching on to a door, the New York City police officer hung half in and half out of the exit as bodies went flying past her. With one hand, she grabbed onto the leg of another man who was still alive. He reached out with his hand and she pulled herself in. They huddled in the corner of a building black with smoke and dust.
They thought they were going to die."

seldes*net/911/pressjournal_Sept2002*pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------------

South Tower Concourse
PAPD officer Will Jimeno: damage done to lower levels by flight 175 impact.
[Jimeno working at the PA Bus Terminal on 42nd St. got to WTC just before the 2nd plane hit]


"[b]And, just then, it is like an earthquake when the plane hits the south building. ...when huge parts of the tower and shock waves come down into the plaza area, cracking all the cement. The whole concourse above us collapses. There are a lot of civilians all around, and I don't know what happens to them, but I think it has to be bad. I can see Liberty Street before me as I feel a ball of debris hit us. Now I see a huge fireball coming at us, and I yell, "Run! Run towards the freight elevator!" [Smith: The fire has come from the fuel that has poured down the elevator shafts.] Dennis Smith. Report From Ground Zero. New York: Viking Penguin, 2002. p. 114

------------------------------------------------------------------------


"South tower basement, level unknown. James Barrett: didn't hear explosions, was unaware that anything was wrong.

"ABM Industries janitor James Barrett, who was on the 6 a.m. shift and cleaning a basement room a quarter-mile below where the first plane hit the North Tower, was in the dark [figuratively]. “I was in the building when both planes hit but I didn’t hear a thing,” said Barrett, who has spent 22 of his 39 years keeping the World Trade Center clean and operating smoothly.

...At the time of the disaster, more than 250 ABM employees were at work. One of these was Barrett, not far from where he remembers a terrorist bomb went off in 1993. This time, the blast was more than 200 yards overhead and he discovered the danger only by chance.

Because he didn’t have his cell phone with him, Barrett missed a frantic warning from his wife. He learned of the unfolding catastrophe only after he walked upstairs to the plaza level to get a broom and dustpan. He immediately ran into a fellow janitor who told him the towers were ablaze and it was time to flee. But before running for their lives, the two heard shouts behind a freight elevator, pried open the doors and lowered a ladder to three men [sic: there were two men in the elevator] who were up to their knees in rising water. Barrett then joined the rush for the exits as firefighters continued to pour in. Later, as Tower Two imploded with a roar and blinding cloud of smoke, dust and debris, Barrett began running to eventual safety."

abm*com/ilwwcm/resources/file/eb0189054765374/Alliance-911*pdf



You can find all of these quotes here, the same site you've been referring to:

911stories*googlepages*com/insidethesouthtower:eyewitnessaccounts

--------------------------------------------------------

Well gee... I'd say just looking at the time of the plane impact we've touched upon a good number of points that you brought up as criteria to support your explosives theory, and no less confirming my earlier point of the building receiving some of its damage just from being knocked out of center by the planes as well.

So lets' recap what all of those accounts cover:
(a) Sound of explosion
(b) Smoke
(c) Glass blown out
(d) Building shaking
(k) People running and screaming
(l) People thrown to the floor

-- Not to forget the various accounts of damage that were reported THROUGHOUT the interior of the building just from the impacts alone. The smoke can be explained by electrical shorts and malfunctioning light fixtures, etc.

-- Jet fuel certainly made it quite far down according to the witness accounts

-- the fireballs made it down to at least the lobby level

-- the building motion experienced in the shifting and torquing of the towers affected many floors BELOW the impact down to the lobby and concourse

-- Where people 'feel' as though they felt the origins of explosions doesn't mean that the explosion originated from other 'secondary devices'

-- Pertaining to the mass panic, it seems to me like the plane impacts were more than enough to keep people's attention, I'm sure falling elevators more than warrant panic... The mass panic is a weak point at best considering that the planes alone generated it.

--Piles of bodies... well hey... people were jumping out of windows from the upper floor, and landing outside, and not everybody managed to escape the elevators at the onset of the events, another weak case...

Really, I'd like an explanation... perhaps it fails to cover a few of your criteria, but the vast majority of them have explanations that contradict your assumption the the only possible source of these noises is explosives

I suggest you eliminate all of these before you come to a preconceived notion to bombs.
Thanks for playing, looking forward to your answers

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 5th June 2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Highlighting some more
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 10:18 PM   #381
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,814


Fireball, occurring during a kinetic energy event of 2093 pounds of TNT! Do you think an event of kinetic energy equal to a 2000 pound bomb is like an explosion? The fireball of fuel had part of the heat energy of 315 TONS of TNT (the energy of heat in 10,000 gallons of jet fuel that the terrorist flew into the buildings at 590 mph).

More than enough energy to account for all the stupid questions about 9/11 that 9/11 truth has but ignores! Why is 9/11 truth so challenged?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 11:31 PM   #382
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,546
Originally Posted by bio View Post
How is this possible?
How is it possible for exploding gasses to blow open ONLY the outer doors of an elevator without having to blast through an elevator car as well? Hmmm, let's dwell on that for a few minutes more.

Again, premiss is, 'how is it possible for an explosion to penetrate half the material being suggested'.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 11:34 PM   #383
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,546
I don't know why I am adderssing this, because it shows the utmost lack of any logical thinking what so ever:

a) Sound of explosion
(b) Smoke
(c) Glass blown out
(d) Building shaking
(e) Elevador door blown up
(f) Walls blown rubble
(g) 3+ consecutive walls blown down
(h) 300pound steel fire door crumbled up
(i) Steel beams blown apart
(j) Clothes blown off
(k) People running and screaming
(l) People thrown to the floor
(m) Skin burnt off
(n) Body parts blown off
(o) Pile of dead bodies

These are all traits of planes crashing into a building, fires, and a collapsing building.

You claim that some of them are evidence of explosives. So we have two possibilities. Explosives or something actually possible. One has ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE, and the other has enough evidence for an open/shut case. Yet soul here thinks that the scenario with no evidence is more plausible than the scenario WITH evidence.

This is an issue of medication levels.

Oh and I almost forgot:

"Needless to say that ALL (a) to (o) can be causally explained by a bomb"

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Last edited by Jonnyclueless; 5th June 2008 at 11:37 PM.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 11:45 PM   #384
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,546
Oh and while we're at it, maybe someone cal list the types of explosives that leave absolutely no traces of themselves behind and create fireballs, and leave no tell-tale damage. Were these magical bombs that served no purpose what so ever in the collapse of the towers and only help to incriminate the diabolical villians?
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 11:47 PM   #385
bio
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 883
Let's make some calculations
"Note first that the calculations are not exact (for example the space used by the columns is not a factor in the core space calculation), but are overestimated in favour of the official version. NIST gives the number of 66,100 lb as weight of jet-fuel, and 6.700 lb of it were placed outside the tower, and therefore have to be subtracted. So let's round up and we have a total of 60.000 lb penetrating and remaining inside the tower. This equals about 33,800 litres of jet-fuel (jet-fuel density 0,775-0,84 kg/l).

A floor has about 42,849 square-feet (207x207ft). 33,800 litres equals 1200 cubic-feet. Compared to the size of one floor, evenly distributed this would result in a height of 0,028 ft of jet-fuel covering the floor. This equals 0,34 inch.

Now let's asume that 80 percent of the fuel was in the core, which is a overestimation if we look at the NIST figures. This would be 27040 liter, or 955 cubic-feet.

The core had 11,919 square-feet (87x137ft) . So that would - evenly distributed - result in jet-fuel covering the core in a film of 0,08 ft height, or 0,96 inch. That this an overestimation not only due to the factor of 80 percent fuel inside the core, but also to the fact that the fuel was not evenly distributed, becomes apparant when looking at these NIST-figures. The right side of the red line, where the shafts of 6 and 7 were located, has an underaverage amount of jet-fuel."

From "Loose_Change_Forum" Topic 18745
bio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2008, 11:53 PM   #386
bio
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 883
Originally Posted by Jonnyclueless View Post
How is it possible for exploding gasses to blow open ONLY the outer doors of an elevator without having to blast through an elevator car as well? Hmmm, let's dwell on that for a few minutes more.

Again, premiss is, 'how is it possible for an explosion to penetrate half the material being suggested'.
I asked you, how is this possible:

Originally Posted by Jonnyclueless View Post
Just because the elevator doors were blown out does not mean the elevator car was there.
Where were the elevator cars 5,6 parked?

Last edited by bio; 5th June 2008 at 11:54 PM.
bio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 12:23 AM   #387
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,546
Originally Posted by bio View Post
I asked you, how is this possible:
I asked why you have no problem with a blast getting through both an elevator door AND an elevator car, but question how it's possible for it to penetrate ONLY the elevator doors.

You see rapidly expanding gasses create pressure against objects. If the strength of that object, such as the elevator doors is less than the pressure being exerted from the expanding gasses, then it will give way. So basically the elevator doors were not strong enough to withstand the force of the explosions. It's pretty simple really.



Quote:
Where were the elevator cars 5,6 parked?
That's the whole point that some of you are missing. It can't be said for sure. Soul is the one who is trying to make an exact claim as to where they are. In fact he is trying to make a lot of exact claims as to how a lot of things were. But the problem is that they are based on broad assumptions, hence it not being proof.

Perhaps one of you can tell us exactly where they were? So far all that has been shown is that the elevator doors were blown off in those areas, not where the elevator cars were.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 12:24 AM   #388
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns
 
funk de fino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UAE
Posts: 11,938
Originally Posted by bio View Post
Let's make some calculations
"Note first that the calculations are not exact (for example the space used by the columns is not a factor in the core space calculation), but are overestimated in favour of the official version. NIST gives the number of 66,100 lb as weight of jet-fuel, and 6.700 lb of it were placed outside the tower, and therefore have to be subtracted. So let's round up and we have a total of 60.000 lb penetrating and remaining inside the tower. This equals about 33,800 litres of jet-fuel (jet-fuel density 0,775-0,84 kg/l).

A floor has about 42,849 square-feet (207x207ft). 33,800 litres equals 1200 cubic-feet. Compared to the size of one floor, evenly distributed this would result in a height of 0,028 ft of jet-fuel covering the floor. This equals 0,34 inch.

Now let's asume that 80 percent of the fuel was in the core, which is a overestimation if we look at the NIST figures. This would be 27040 liter, or 955 cubic-feet.

The core had 11,919 square-feet (87x137ft) . So that would - evenly distributed - result in jet-fuel covering the core in a film of 0,08 ft height, or 0,96 inch. That this an overestimation not only due to the factor of 80 percent fuel inside the core, but also to the fact that the fuel was not evenly distributed, becomes apparant when looking at these NIST-figures. The right side of the red line, where the shafts of 6 and 7 were located, has an underaverage amount of jet-fuel."

From "Loose_Change_Forum" Topic 18745
That is possibly the stupidest post I have seen this year.

One word - Aerosol
__________________

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 12:27 AM   #389
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,546
Originally Posted by bio View Post
Let's make some calculations
"Note first that the calculations are not exact (for example the space used by the columns is not a factor in the core space calculation), but are overestimated in favour of the official version. NIST gives the number of 66,100 lb as weight of jet-fuel, and 6.700 lb of it were placed outside the tower, and therefore have to be subtracted. So let's round up and we have a total of 60.000 lb penetrating and remaining inside the tower. This equals about 33,800 litres of jet-fuel (jet-fuel density 0,775-0,84 kg/l).

A floor has about 42,849 square-feet (207x207ft). 33,800 litres equals 1200 cubic-feet. Compared to the size of one floor, evenly distributed this would result in a height of 0,028 ft of jet-fuel covering the floor. This equals 0,34 inch.

Now let's asume that 80 percent of the fuel was in the core, which is a overestimation if we look at the NIST figures. This would be 27040 liter, or 955 cubic-feet.

The core had 11,919 square-feet (87x137ft) . So that would - evenly distributed - result in jet-fuel covering the core in a film of 0,08 ft height, or 0,96 inch. That this an overestimation not only due to the factor of 80 percent fuel inside the core, but also to the fact that the fuel was not evenly distributed, becomes apparant when looking at these NIST-figures. The right side of the red line, where the shafts of 6 and 7 were located, has an underaverage amount of jet-fuel."

From "Loose_Change_Forum" Topic 18745
I'm sure the poster wrote that with a straight face. Is this stundie material anyone?


Last edited by Jonnyclueless; 6th June 2008 at 12:28 AM.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 12:32 AM   #390
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,814
From "Loose_Change_Forum" Topic 18745

That is funny.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 12:33 AM   #391
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
 
LashL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,455
Originally Posted by thewholesoul View Post
lashl the condition of the 6 7 elevators and their location in the lobby is confirmed by the testimony of Dave Bobbitt
http://911stories.googlepages.com/in...ccounts%2Clobb

Mr. Bobbitt's account does not support your prior assertions at all. You might want to read your allegations again and then come on back once you understand why you are wrong in claiming that Mr. Bobbitt's account confirms them, since it does no such thing.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone can be as reading comprehension challenged as your posts in this thread demonstrate you to be. Frankly, it appears to me as though you are just playing silly buggers for kicks.

Originally Posted by thewholesoul View Post
so stop talking rubbish
Unlike yourself, I am not talking rubbish at all, despite your silly, unfounded, unsubstantiated, and ridiculous allegation. It is not my fault that you are apparently unable to read for comprehension, unable to understand the meanings of words, and so uneducated or so blinded to reality that you do not even recognize when you contradict yourself.

I do, however, wish that you would stop making unfounded, unsupported, and unsubstantiated claims for which you provide not a scintilla of evidence and I do wish, for your sake, that one day, you will realize that a little bit of rational and critical thinking goes a long way. I suggest that you read your own posts and sources again, and it should be apparent to you - as it is to any rational person reading - where and how you've gone wrong.

P.S. If I thought that you were even remotely genuinely interested in truth, reality, or rational and critical thinking, I would gently point out your errors and gently explain why and how you went wrong, but I am of the opinion that you are merely trolling for kicks, and I prefer not to play silly games with trolls, particularly when they are so obvious.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 12:44 AM   #392
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
 
LashL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,455
Originally Posted by bio View Post
How is this possible?
You seem not to understand how elevators work, the interconnection between elevator hoistways, elevator shafts, elevator cars, or the difference between interior doors and (exterior) landing doors.

Every elevator car has its own interior doors, and every floor that is served by any elevator has (exterior) landing doors.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 12:45 AM   #393
theauthor
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 780
Originally Posted by LashL View Post
You seem not to understand how elevators work, the interconnection between elevator hoistways, elevator shafts, elevator cars, or the difference between interior doors and (exterior) landing doors.

Every elevator car has its own interior doors, and every floor that is served by any elevator has (exterior) landing doors.
Source?
theauthor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 01:18 AM   #394
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
 
LashL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,455
Originally Posted by theauthor View Post
Source?
Are you serious? Have you never been in an elevator or in a building with an elevator in your life?

Do you seriously not realize that the interior elevator doors - those that you stare at while you're inside an elevator car as it moves up or down in the hoistway - are not the same doors as the (exterior) landing doors that are present on every floor that any given elevator car serves?

Do you really need me to explain this to you?

Seriously?

Seriously?
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 01:33 AM   #395
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,814
Originally Posted by LashL View Post
Are you serious? Have you never been in an elevator or in a building with an elevator in your life?
Seriously?
Maybe his elevator has walls passing by. That is a strange post.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 01:38 AM   #396
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
 
LashL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,455
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Maybe his elevator has walls passing by. That is a strange post.
His post indicates that his mental elevator doesn't go all the way to the top. How incredibly stupid one has to be to post such a thing is quite beyond me.

Last edited by LashL; 6th June 2008 at 01:39 AM.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 11:02 AM   #397
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,546
Originally Posted by theauthor View Post
Source?
Perhaps there should be another thread on the conspiracies behind elevators and the false flag claims about how they work using two sets of doors (one in the car, one on each floor). OH yes the great elevator inside job that goes all the way back to JFK and some say JFK was killed because he was about to go public about how elevators really work.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 11:33 AM   #398
bio
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 883
Originally Posted by Jonnyclueless View Post
Perhaps one of you can tell us exactly where they were? So far all that has been shown is that the elevator doors were blown off in those areas, not where the elevator cars were.
how do you interpret the second part?

"The doors were blown off by the fireball that came down the elevator shaft and the elevators cars were burned. (Basement level of WTC 1)." (NIST NCSTAR 1-8, p.43)

The cars were still there and parked but burned out.

How realistic is your interpretation:

Originally Posted by Jonnyclueless View Post
I asked why you have no problem with a blast getting through both an elevator door AND an elevator car, but question how it's possible for it to penetrate ONLY the elevator doors.

Why didn´t destroy your blast the complete car, if it, the blast was so strong, getting through the car?

Last edited by bio; 6th June 2008 at 11:49 AM.
bio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 12:43 PM   #399
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,546
Originally Posted by bio View Post
how do you interpret the second part?

"The doors were blown off by the fireball that came down the elevator shaft and the elevators cars were burned. (Basement level of WTC 1)." (NIST NCSTAR 1-8, p.43)

The cars were still there and parked but burned out.
Oh isn't tht funny. A second ago they were in the lobby. Now they are in the basement. Isn't that interesting how that works? One might be lead to believe that the WTC tower had more than 2 elevators huh? So if you just used a quote of someone saying that the elevator doors in the lobby were blasted out, and now you say that the elevator cars are parked in the basement, wouldn't that kind of suggest that the elevators parked in the basement are ******NOT****** parked in the lobby?

Are these magical elevators parked both in the lobby AND the basement at the same time? Perhaps some kind of quantum physics issue? Please go ahead and explain this one.


Quote:
Why didn´t destroy your blast the complete car, if it, the blast was so strong, getting through the car?
Can someone please interpret this? I am not sure what language this is in.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2008, 01:09 PM   #400
bio
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 883
Originally Posted by Jonnyclueless View Post
I asked why you have no problem with a blast getting through both an elevator door AND an elevator car, but question how it's possible for it to penetrate ONLY the elevator doors.
I read from your post:

1. The car was parked
2. A blast getting through the elevator door and the car.

But the car was not destroyed. It was still there only burned. After your scenario (point 1,2) the blast had to destroy the car completely.

my reference:
"The doors were blown off by the fireball that came down the elevator shaft and the elevators cars were burned. (Basement level of WTC 1)." (NIST NCSTAR 1-8, p.43)
bio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:29 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.