ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political predictions , political speculation , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM   #2121
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
"...aides and allies started to contemplate the length of Mulvaney’s tenure in the West Wing."

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...e-house-052708
I like the last paragraph of that report:
Quote:
Several White House aides and Trump allies presume Mulvaney’s job is safe during the impeachment proceedings. That’s in part, they say, because no one else would want the chief of staff job right now and partly because Mulvaney is too much at the center of the Ukraine scandal for Trump to unceremoniously dump him as he has done with other senior aides like John Bolton, his former national security adviser.
Mulvaney needs to lawyer-up ASAP. He's the one going to take the bullet, not the Secret Service.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:14 PM   #2122
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
No, they're not, actually. But they share one thing in common: The CEO and "the board" need to know what the business is in the business of doing. Why does the organisation even exist. And hopefully, how does this organisation do what it does better.

In short (in management school speak): Mission statement, and business practices.

In a private business, Donny's "mission statement" was pretty clearly "Make me as rich as possible the easiest way possible by any means possible while hanging about looking cool with good-looking women in flashy cars with gold stuff everywhere". And his business practices were "Screw everyone else, I'm all right and **** you if you get in trouble". And to be frank, if that's what he wanted then fine. Let him knock himself out trying that...with his own private business.

But that's nothing what government is about. And that's not how government works. But I'm sure I don't have to explain that at all.

Donny's problem is he has brought his private business practices into government administration. And within 3 years, here we are...

Uh, basic techniques of running a large organization effectively are pretty much the same no matter what the goals are.
I think you are being grossly unfair to private business. Trump's management methods would not be tolerated at most large businesses.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:52 PM   #2123
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Uh oh, not looking good for Mulvaney at all

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...bfcL&ocid=iehp

I think it's a question not of if, but when.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; Today at 03:54 PM.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:54 PM   #2124
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Who would sign up to be WH CoS during an impeachment?
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:59 PM   #2125
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Uh oh, not looking good for Mulvaney at all

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...bfcL&ocid=iehp

As usual, Trump insists on ******* all over the place, then complains that people aren't cleaning it up fast enough.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:52 PM   #2126
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
Who would sign up to be WH CoS during an impeachment?
That has been cited as the only reason Mulvany is still around.
But if messes up one more time.....

Robert Heinlein.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics