ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political predictions , political speculation , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 13th June 2019, 09:58 AM   #1761
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
Visual recap (thread-to-date):

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...850cb669ac.jpg

p.s. Moving my chips on to Secretary Chao.
Why? And how would McConnell react?
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 10:01 AM   #1762
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Why?
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1139156477095088129
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 10:12 AM   #1763
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

I hope they're not targeting her because she's married to McConnell.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 10:58 AM   #1764
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The fact that she IS married to someone poised for re-election would normally require her to recuse herself from making such decisions.
It's not the Dem's fault that Turd Turtle is using his wife.
Old 13th June 2019, 01:24 PM   #1765
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders to leave at end of month, Trump tweets
Old 13th June 2019, 01:30 PM   #1766
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Well, damn. Who had Sarah in the dead pool?
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 02:03 PM   #1767
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

I did, in the back of my mind, and nearly posted about it earlier. Looked to me like she was in a world of pain, being obliged to utter such unspeakable bollocks
constantly, in defence of Trump and his insane utterings.

I can't imagine what it might take to endure that job.
Old 13th June 2019, 02:46 PM   #1768
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

I thought she said a year ago that she would step down at the end of 2018, but that turned out to be an unsubstantiated rumor - although she did not deny it when someone in the media asked about it.
Old 13th June 2019, 05:29 PM   #1769
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
I wonder if she knew about it before the tweet?
Old 13th June 2019, 05:48 PM   #1770
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I wonder if she knew about it before the tweet?
If she didn't it's no more than the stupid **** deserves. Sell out your country and this is what you get.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 06:18 PM   #1771
d4m10n
Illuminator

Well, sort of.

If she wasn't married to him, she probably wouldn't be corruptly steering federal dollars his way.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1138076104147836934
Old 17th June 2019, 03:36 PM   #1772
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Well, sort of.

If she wasn't married to him, she probably wouldn't be corruptly steering federal dollars his way.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1138076104147836934
She'd just be corruptly trying to get her family meetings with the Chinese Government, corruptly hiding the shares she has in a company that provides road materials, and claimed to have divested after being told it was a conflict, sand corruptly steering projects to her own family companies.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2019, 12:27 PM   #1773
d4m10n
Illuminator

"Patrick Shanahan is out as defense secretary nominee following report of domestic incident"

https://twitter.com/i/events/1141036736216125440
Old 18th June 2019, 12:34 PM   #1774
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

"Patrick Shanahan is out as defense secretary nominee following report of domestic incident"

if only there was a way to vet people before you nominate them...
Old 18th June 2019, 06:07 PM   #1775
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

From PBS news tonight:

In addition to the parents slugging it out on multiple occasions, this couple's 17 yr old son cracked his mother's skull with a baseball bat leaving her unconscious in a pool of blood. I think he might be in jail now, that was vague. Nope, not in jail.

Family life in that house, I can't imagine.

Trump made a point of saying he didn't ask Shanahan to resign. And of course it turns out a lot of people on the Hill, Trump and other GOP legislators, have all known about this for weeks (or months). No one acted on the information until it became obvious it would come out in the confirmation hearing.

Domestic abuse, no problem, Trump understands that, those annoying wives.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 18th June 2019 at 06:15 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2019, 06:12 PM   #1776
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
if only there was a way to vet people before you nominate them...
Nominate, heck, he's been the acting Sec of Defense for months. But he also had to be confirmed for his previous position, Deputy Secretary of Defense. No one noticed then.
Old 18th June 2019, 06:22 PM   #1777
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
From PBS news tonight:

In addition to the parents slugging it out on multiple occasions, this couple's 17 yr old son cracked his mother's skull with a baseball bat leaving her unconscious in a pool of blood. I think he might be in jail now, that was vague. Nope, not in jail.
He couldn't go to jail. It would have cost him his baseball scholarship (seriously, that was his concern)
Old 19th June 2019, 03:46 AM   #1778
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Of course this guy assaulted women or at least a woman. He is the kind of person President Pussy Grabber would want.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2019, 01:09 PM   #1779
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Goodbye, Jason Miller. Another swamp-dweller gone.

Quote:
Jason Miller, a former top campaign aide and a close advisor to Donald Trump, has left his job at the consulting firm Teneo just days after calling a top-ranking House Democrats a “fat ******” on Twitter. The post has since been deleted but it appears the damage was done.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...081e872734e106
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2019, 01:22 PM   #1780
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post

Odd, if asked, I'd say the two have roughly the same build. In fairness, I guess you could say one is a fat **** and the other, who is now unemployed is a fat stupid ****.
Old 24th June 2019, 02:29 PM   #1781
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

sadly it's the wrong Miller.....

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2019, 04:04 PM   #1782
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
sadly it's the wrong Miller.....
Very true. I'm no fan of violence, especially in politics. But I would be enormously happy to see the Miller you refer to literally tarred and feathered, then run out of town on a rail.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2019, 12:15 PM   #1783
d4m10n
Illuminator

We've lost yet another Sanders.

https://youtu.be/F_rXTFK_kf8

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1...668777472?s=19
Old 25th June 2019, 12:19 PM   #1784
Armitage72
Illuminator

Roughly three months in the position. Not bad for this administration.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2019, 03:44 PM   #1785
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Harland Sanders is safe, however. Trump needs his KFC.
Old 26th June 2019, 07:58 AM   #1786
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Here's an unexpected one...

From: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8975001.html
Donald Trump’s chief of diplomatic protocol has reportedly been suspended indefinitely amid accusations he intimated staff and carried a whip around the office.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2019, 08:09 AM   #1787
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Here's an unexpected one...

From: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8975001.html
Donald Trumpís chief of diplomatic protocol has reportedly been suspended indefinitely amid accusations he intimated staff and carried a whip around the office.

Quote:
He is allegedly disliked by Mr Trump, who has asked why he still works in the administration, according to Bloomberg News, which reported Mr Lawler now plans to resign.

"I never liked him. Who is he anyway? I think he just got the coffee."
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2019, 05:22 PM   #1788
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Trump wants the female staffers only to carry whips.
Old 26th June 2019, 05:24 PM   #1789
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

A credible source says that he prefers rolled up magazines with his picture on them as the discipline instruments of choice.
Old 27th June 2019, 07:14 PM   #1790
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
A credible source says that he prefers rolled up magazines with his picture on them as the discipline instruments of choice.
Sorry, I'm having trouble figuring which of these to nom. Pithy, for sure!
Old 28th June 2019, 04:03 PM   #1791
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Sorry, I'm having trouble figuring which of these to nom. Pithy, for sure!
I'm willing to split the nomination.
Old 30th June 2019, 03:25 AM   #1792
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Quote:
amid accusations he intimated staff and carried a whip around the office.
The best people.
Old 30th June 2019, 06:14 AM   #1793
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I'm willing to split the nomination.
Take it! I just teed it up for you.
Old 1st July 2019, 07:18 PM   #1794
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster

I'm assuming John Bolton is about to be sacked. Trump sent him to Mongolia and took Ivanka instead.

Entertainingly, Khrushchev sent Molotov, as ambassador, to Mongolia to get rid of him. Perhaps the Russians made the same suggestion to Trump.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 07:19 PM   #1795
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Entertainingly, Khrushchev sent Molotov, as ambassador, to Mongolia to get rid of him. Perhaps the Russians made the same suggestion to Trump.
Well for Bolton's sake I hope there are cocktails.
Old 1st July 2019, 07:32 PM   #1796
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Slate's view of Bolton of Mongolia: It's a possible change of political tack for Trump.

Slate suggests Bolton may be on the outer because of geopolitical reasons. Given Trump's hypersensitivity to complaints, and Bolton has been a source of same, I would suggest he is seen as a dead weight for the Trump re-election campaign and that's all. Bugger the world or US affairs of state or anything as unimportant as that. Bolton makes Trump look bad. Ergo he is disposable.
Old 1st July 2019, 10:52 PM   #1797
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Slate's view of Bolton of Mongolia: It's a possible change of political tack for Trump.

Slate suggests Bolton may be on the outer because of geopolitical reasons. Given Trump's hypersensitivity to complaints, and Bolton has been a source of same, I would suggest he is seen as a dead weight for the Trump re-election campaign and that's all. Bugger the world or US affairs of state or anything as unimportant as that. Bolton makes Trump look bad. Ergo he is disposable.
We're also seeing the furtherance of the election-year purge. Donnie is neurotic and doesn't trust anyone outside of family or long-term confidantes. He'll probably go through a dozen more top personnel (Cabinet Secretaries, Ass't Secretaries, Spokespersons, etc...) in the next sixteen months. His new press secretary, Knuckles, is a great example. Rather than simply poaching her from the missus, she's going to continue on working both gigs. One less loyalist to find. She's part of the inner circle that he considers "safe".

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:09 AM   #1798
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Are we going to count Mercedes Schlapp as a White House departure? I know she is only going as far as Trump's election campaign office. That is to say, same desk, different desk sign. But technically isn't it a "White House administration" departure?
Old 2nd July 2019, 01:34 AM   #1799
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Are we going to count Mercedes Schlapp as a White House departure? I know she is only going as far as Trump's election campaign office. That is to say, same desk, different desk sign. But technically isn't it a "White House administration" departure?
I count it. She's a victim of Knuckles Grisham, and thus Trump and Mrs. Trump.

Schlapp is likely just a case of "the womens wanted her out so I gotta keep 'em happy, but she's such a barracuda we can use her better in the campaign". Had there been an active campaign going on Omarosa would still have a job.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 02:43 AM   #1800
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/polit...ims/index.html

Pompeo may be in danger. He's in the Bolton camp when it comes to Iran. He go upstaged by the daughter in Asia and Trump talked him up during the trip. This "scandal" of abuse of power is likely something Trump knew about for a while.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics