ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Closed Thread
Old 28th September 2019, 01:09 PM   #3001
NotEvenWrong
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 893
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I see Vixen is back. Are you prepared Vixen to admit you were wrong about Knox and her family

flying on a private jet home?

Or that cell phone base station antennas don't rotate?
Vixen,
Here as some more in a separate post. Vixen, we are wondering, given that you call other people pathological liars, if you will ever address these issues and admit you are wrong? It would help your credibility tremendously, I believe, and perhaps people will start to believe you when you say Amanda Knox is a pathological liar, narcissist, and murdered her roommate for no reason by teaming up with a guy she knew for less than a week and a random burglar she saw on the street in a pagan murder orgy ritual on the night (after) Halloween.

Wait, did I actually type that out? Has Vixen really been at this for 12 years? ****.
NotEvenWrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 01:40 PM   #3002
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,191
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Oh please. Stefanoni worked extensively in helping identify Tsunami victims of the 2004 disaster. People who volunteer their services in third world disaster areas do not tend to be narrow minded bigots.

Outstanding logic, as per usual
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 01:42 PM   #3003
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,191
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It was almost certainly Knox who carried a knife dripping with Meredith's blood into the bathroom to rinse it. She was indeed considered at trial to be the killer.


Evidence, please, for this "almost certainly" claim, Vixen.

(It should go without saying what kind of evidence I'm asking for. Not, in other words, unreliable and/or non-credible evidence....)
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 01:47 PM   #3004
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,191
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Don't be so silly. The DNA fragments might just have easily come from whoever packaged the bra in the factory. It might have been new and straight out of the packet. Or someone handling it in the shop before Mez bought it.


I don't know whether to shake my head or laugh. Or both.

Before posting inanities like this one, perhaps you ought to think about matters such as: 1) what happens to DNA when it's put through a washing machine on even a warm cycle with washing detergent; 2) that it was, in fact, wholly incumbent upon the prosecution in such a scenario to demonstrate precisely how & why it could interpret the presence of Sollecito's DNA as evidence that he'd physically touched that bra hook, while at the same time discounting the 2+ other male profiles on that hook as "contamination" (i.e. why Sollecito's couldn't have been contamination yet those other ones were).

It really is like shooting fish in a barrel, Vixen. Your "arguments" are specious and rooted in ignorance. But there's nothing new under the Sun....
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 02:13 PM   #3005
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,376
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I also looked up the author of the Blastingnews* article. Krissy Allen seems a bit obsessed with Knox as that's about all she's written about in her very limited career there. When I clicked on her name, it took me to her writing history where I found 4-5 articles on Knox and one on Cheddar Man. I only mention the Cheddar Man article as you, Vixen, started a thread about Cheddar Man on ISF before. I thought you might enjoy reading Krissy's article:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=327033


Krissy Allen's writing style seems very, very familiar and her articles are all very critical of Knox. They are less than subtle with their snark. Funny thing is, a few minutes later, I clicked on her name again and the link to her writing history had just disappeared. Only a blank page appeared. It's a mystery.

* Wikipedia

Blasting News is an open site where anyone can post their 'news'. It's basically for wannabe writers and/or those with an agenda. It's certainly not a credible news site.
You mean that Vixen is citing Krissy Allen as a legitimate source?

Where's a facepalm emoji when I need it?
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 02:20 PM   #3006
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,191
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
You mean that Vixen is citing Krissy Allen as a legitimate source?

Where's a facepalm emoji when I need it?


Yeah - looks like Vixen needs something of an education in the art of research and trusted sources.......


(I mean, the only thing that might be even worse than quoting some no-mark unverifiable writer - from an "article" on a dank corner of the interwebs for people who can't get anything published under a reputable banner - as a reliable source...... would be to quote oneself as a reliable source....)
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 04:43 PM   #3007
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,473
Sorry, Vix. I forgot to link to Krissy Allen's Cheddar Man article in my earlier post and linked to your ISF Cheddar Man thread instead. Here is Krissy's article:

https://uk.blastingnews.com/science/...002374481.html
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 04:52 PM   #3008
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,473
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Yeah - looks like Vixen needs something of an education in the art of research and trusted sources.......


(I mean, the only thing that might be even worse than quoting some no-mark unverifiable writer - from an "article" on a dank corner of the interwebs for people who can't get anything published under a reputable banner - as a reliable source...... would be to quote oneself as a reliable source....)
There's always Nick van der Leek!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 07:07 PM   #3009
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,369
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
How do you know it wasn't new?
I'm sure she brought what she needed with her. Bra's aren't cheap and I doubt she was wasting money buying new ones a month after arriving.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 07:26 PM   #3010
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,369
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Yeah - looks like Vixen needs something of an education in the art of research and trusted sources.......


(I mean, the only thing that might be even worse than quoting some no-mark unverifiable writer - from an "article" on a dank corner of the interwebs for people who can't get anything published under a reputable banner - as a reliable source...... would be to quote oneself as a reliable source....)
Well, she does quite often cite the fake wiki and, on occasion, Quennell's cesspool... do they count?
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 07:34 PM   #3011
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,369
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
I don't know whether to shake my head or laugh. Or both.

Before posting inanities like this one, perhaps you ought to think about matters such as: 1) what happens to DNA when it's put through a washing machine on even a warm cycle with washing detergent; 2) that it was, in fact, wholly incumbent upon the prosecution in such a scenario to demonstrate precisely how & why it could interpret the presence of Sollecito's DNA as evidence that he'd physically touched that bra hook, while at the same time discounting the 2+ other male profiles on that hook as "contamination" (i.e. why Sollecito's couldn't have been contamination yet those other ones were).

It really is like shooting fish in a barrel, Vixen. Your "arguments" are specious and rooted in ignorance. But there's nothing new under the Sun....
I would imagine if you're trying to defend an incredibly weak and baseless position, as is habit for Vixen, making inane comments and observations must become part of the process.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 10:33 PM   #3012
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by NotEvenWrong View Post
Vixen, is this true?

Why would you lie about this? Are you sure that, when you call Amanda Knox a pathological liar, you aren't projecting?

I once worked with someone who was a pathological liar, and a diagnosed narcissist and sociopath. He would always accuse others of being pathological liars, literally immediately after obviously lying about something. It was kind of scary, to be honest.

What do you think of Amanda Knox being acquitting by the Italian Supreme Court and the European Court of Human rights finding in her favor (and, it seems, forcing them to remedy the fraudulent calunnia conviction)? Does this upset you? You've spent about 12 years calling Amanda Knox a slut and pathological liar, yet now all of those in authority have unequivocally concluded she is innocent, according to all facts and empirical evidence. What has been your emotional reaction to this? Do you think you may eventually find someone else to target and call a slut and pathological liar, or is this going to be a lifelong thing with you?
1. She has not been found innocent. The final Supreme Court spells out she was present during the murder and covered up for Guede.

2. She was promiscuous as per her own bragging about the fact.

3. Sorry, are you personalising your post? Who exactly are you referring to?
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 10:35 PM   #3013
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
Vixen lies on an industrial scale in her posts as can be seen from the links below and has the hypocrisy to attack Amanda for lying. Vixen doesn’t see this as immoral.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...2#post11938562
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...2#post11942852
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...2#post11598412
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1#post11427461
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post11951893
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post11982023
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...6#post12107306
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post12200863
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post12297573
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post12297575

* Vixen viciously attacks Amanda for lying when lies have been told about Amanda on numerous occasions as can be seen from the list at the bottom. Vixen doesn’t see this as immoral. This is like calling a victim of theft a thief.


* Vixen viciously attacks Amanda for lying whilst feeling it is perfectly acceptable to lie if it works against Amanda and only objects to lying if it works in Amanda’s favour but doesn't have the courage to admit this. For instance, when witnesses such as Quintavelle and Curalto lied they had seen Amanda and Raffaele, Vixen feels their lies were acceptable as they worked against Amanda. Vixen doesn’t see this as immoral.

* As can be seen from the link below, Vixen falsely accuses Amanda of lying. Vixen doesn’t see this as immoral.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...9#post12724199

* Vixen viciously attacks Amanda for lying when as can be seen from the list of lies told by Vixen, there are numerous instances where Vixen has told lies about Amanda. Vixen doesn’t see this as immoral.

* Vixen doesn't it as immoral to project her lies on to Amanda.

* The facts that Vixen has to resort to lying to support the argument Amanda has told numerous lies and Amanda would not need to lie because the facts overwhelmingly support the case for innocence and go against the case for guilt, indicates Amanda has not lied. Vixen doesn’t see it as immoral to lie on an industrial scale and attack Amanda for lying when she has not lied.

Instances when lies have been used against Amanda

• The media spread false lies about Amanda :- http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/amanda-knox-media-lies/ • Books, films and documentaries filled with falsehoods have told lies about Amanda John Kercher's book Meredith. The falsehoods are detailed on http://groundreport.com/amanda-knox-...l-convictions/ http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/amanda-knox-media-lies/ http://www.injusticeanywhereforum.or...1e0c2cd6559958 The lifetime move the falsehoods are detailed in chapter 2 of finding justice in Perugia. Barbara Nadeu's book Angel Face. As with John Kercher's book the falsehoods are detailed on http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/amanda-knox-media-lies/ and the chapter Injustice in Perugia on the media. A documentary on British Television is Amanda Knox guilty the rebuttal can be found by searching "is Amanda Knox guilty youtube rebuttal"

• There are several instances of witnesses who gave false testimony against Amanda and Raffaele. Hekuran Kokomani claimed he saw Amanda, Raffaele and Rudy together on the night of the murder. Kokomani was proved to have lied because he said Amanda had gaps in her teeth and an Italian uncle. Fabio Gioffredi said he saw Amanda, Raffaele, Meredith and Rudy on the October 30th 2007 between 4.30 and 5.30 pm. Raffaele's computer shows itense activity from 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm which proved Fabio had lied. The haters have never criticsed these witnesses for lying. The shop owner Quintavelle initially said he did not see Amanda in his shop the morning after the murder and then changed his story a year later to say he had seen Amanda in his shop. The fact the shop owner changed his story proved he has lied at least once. The haters have defended the shop owner. Curalto initially said he did not see Amanda and Raffaele but changed his story later to say he had seen Amanda and Raffaele. Like Quintavelle, Curalto lied at least once. As the link below shows the English friends of Meredith were caught giving false testimony against Amanda in court http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/the-british-girls/

• Amanda’s acquittal under Hellman was annulled on the basis of a motivation report full of lies. In addition Amanda was convicted by Nencini on the basis of a motivation report full of lies. The falsehoods can be found by searching "Injustice anywhere forum Nenci stupid errors" and "Injustice Anywhere forum Chieffi report errors". • As per the links below, the prosecution used lies against Amanda on numerous occasions. In addition to the lies listed below, Amanda was lied to she had HIV by the prosecution. Prosecutor Comodi lied to Amanda in court by asking Amanda why she called her mother at twelve when phone records show Amanda called her mother at 12.47. http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/raffaeles-kitchen-knife/ http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/contam...bwork-coverup/ http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/meredi...ry-corruption/ http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/evidence-destroyed/ http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/blood-...irs-apartment/ https://knoxsollecito.wordpress.com/...ele-sollecito/ http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/myths.html
Yeah, yeah, everybody's a lair except the killer.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 10:37 PM   #3014
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Are you seriously claiming this proves that Aviello was bribed by Bongiorno? It does no such thing. That article is a year and a half old. Has Bongiorno or Francesco Sollecito (whom Aviello also accused of bribing him) been charged with any crime? No. Why is that?

I also found this in the Italian news:



https://www.umbria24.it/cronaca/mio-...ntito-bugiardo

Looks more to me like Aviello was acquitted because, once again, the police screwed up.

I also looked up the author of the Blastingnews* article. Krissy Allen seems a bit obsessed with Knox as that's about all she's written about in her very limited career there. When I clicked on her name, it took me to her writing history where I found 4-5 articles on Knox and one on Cheddar Man. I only mention the Cheddar Man article as you, Vixen, started a thread about Cheddar Man on ISF before. I thought you might enjoy reading Krissy's article:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=327033


Krissy Allen's writing style seems very, very familiar and her articles are all very critical of Knox. They are less than subtle with their snark. Funny thing is, a few minutes later, I clicked on her name again and the link to her writing history had just disappeared. Only a blank page appeared. It's a mystery.

* Wikipedia

Blasting News is an open site where anyone can post their 'news'. It's basically for wannabe writers and/or those with an agenda. It's certainly not a credible news site.
Wow, paranoid much?

Thanks for the compliments.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 10:40 PM   #3015
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
The way your mind works is fascinating.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...fb6e4d4463.png
I am only demonstrating your own logic back to you. Do you now see why it is a complete non sequitur to claim your kitchen knife would also fit or that Knox couldn't have been seen in the shop as Raff already had provisions?


Please do better.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 10:42 PM   #3016
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
We don't. But are you in the habit of wearing your intimates straight out of the package without washing them first? EW. Double EWWWWWW.
As I do not buy my things from a jumble sale but from reputable stores such as John Lewis or Marks & Sparks, there is no problem wearing new clothes straight away without having to wash them. Not to mention the ecological waste of an unnecessary machine cycle.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 10:44 PM   #3017
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I see Vixen is back. Are you prepared Vixen to admit you were wrong about Knox and her family

flying on a private jet home?

Or that cell phone base station antennas don't rotate?
Please refer back to previous discussions.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 10:49 PM   #3018
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Sorry, Vix. I forgot to link to Krissy Allen's Cheddar Man article in my earlier post and linked to your ISF Cheddar Man thread instead. Here is Krissy's article:

https://uk.blastingnews.com/science/...002374481.html
WTF has this got to do with this thread? I am flattered by your claims.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 11:20 PM   #3019
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Yeah - looks like Vixen needs something of an education in the art of research and trusted sources.......


(I mean, the only thing that might be even worse than quoting some no-mark unverifiable writer - from an "article" on a dank corner of the interwebs for people who can't get anything published under a reputable banner - as a reliable source...... would be to quote oneself as a reliable source....)
Not like a certain Welsh person, I suppose.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th September 2019, 11:31 PM   #3020
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,376
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Wow, paranoid much?

Thanks for the compliments.
It is apparent that you'll avoid like the plague answering a straight forward question.....

Did you just cite yourself as a third party reputable source? If you did, that takes the cake.

I've been on-lining since 1988. I've never seen someone cite themselves before.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 01:34 AM   #3021
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,191
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Not like a certain Welsh person, I suppose.


Huh? Expand?
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 01:36 AM   #3022
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,191
Oh and Vixen, since you're around: please will you supply the (credible and reliable) source evidence - which you said you possessed - to support your claim that the Knox family engaged in a $2 million PR campaign?

Thanks awfully in advance
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 01:40 AM   #3023
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,191
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Please refer back to previous discussions.


So no, then. You're not prepared to admit that what you wrote was ignorant and incorrect.....
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 02:26 AM   #3024
RoseMontague
Published Author
 
RoseMontague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Elon, NC
Posts: 7,256
"According to me, Rudy can explain"

ETA... ""katy_did
29th May 2010, 08:17 AM
If I remember correctly this homeless person was found by a local journalist that took him to the cops. Was this the case?
Not only that, but I think the police had already spoken to him after the murder, when he said he hadn't seen anything. It was only when the journalist 'found' him that he remembered he'd seen AK and RS there that night.
To go full circle with the JREF/PMF/JREF thing, here's a video (http://www.la7.it/news/dettaglio_vid...=24303...)that was just posted on PMF which shows Curatolo. It's a bit confusing because Curatolo and the journalist asking questions sound very similar to me! One of the Italian-speakers on PMF wrote the following about it:
Interesting, the video of a journalist talking to Curatolo. Curatolo looks around a lot, but never at him. His speech is very slightly slurred, he has a local accent. He says "I got here at around 9:30, and while I was sitting down, lighting a cigarette and taking a look around, maybe 5 minutes passed." The journalist says "And they were already there?" Curatolo responds "According to me, it's a real shame (č una disgrazia)". The journalist says "Were they having a heated discussion?" Curatolo gives a tiny shake or movement of his head, and then he says, "According to me, the only person who could explain everything is really Rudy." That's all we see."

Last edited by RoseMontague; 29th September 2019 at 02:39 AM.
RoseMontague is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 02:56 AM   #3025
RoseMontague
Published Author
 
RoseMontague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Elon, NC
Posts: 7,256
It was a perfect storm of perfect witnesses, full stop.
Miracle Ear Lady
Mr Memory
The drug dealing, heroin addicted homeless park bench bum

caso chiuso
RoseMontague is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 03:40 AM   #3026
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,191
Originally Posted by RoseMontague View Post
It was a perfect storm of perfect witnesses, full stop.
Miracle Ear Lady
Mr Memory
The drug dealing, heroin addicted homeless park bench bum

caso chiuso

Exactly.

The crucial point, I think, is this: the prosecution WANTED to believe these "witnesses" as credible and reliable, because their testimony bolstered the predetermined prosecution narrative*.

And the (unlawful) convicting courts appear to have simply accepted the prosecution evaluation of these "witnesses" at face value - seemingly following the doctrine that if the "neutral, disinterested, truth-seeking" prosecutors had decided that these "witnesses" were all reliable and credible...... well, that was good enough for the court in and of itself. These courts likewise seemingly found it easy to wave away any defence objections, employing the (unlawful) philosophy that one could safely conclude that the defence would lie/cheat/obfuscate/misdirect to try to spare their client (the defendant), and that therefore their calling into question the credibility/reliability of these "witnesses" was just a devious and mischievous tactic.


* It may be instructive to compare the a) rigour (i.e. the lack of rigour) with which the prosecutors/police tested evidence/testimony which was in support of their predetermined narrative, against b) the rigour with which they tried to discredit evidence/testimony which contradicted their predetermined narrative. For example, the concerted and protracted efforts of police and PM to disprove or discredit the account given by Roman Mero, the Swiss professor who had been chatting with Lumumba in his bar throughout the whole timeframe of the murder.....
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 06:54 AM   #3027
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,376
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Yeah, yeah, everybody's a lair except the killer.
True. Rudy Guede told many lies. And continues to.

Welshman has also documented the lies of the most prolific guilter-nutter on this thread. You failed to address any of them.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 07:02 AM   #3028
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,376
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
1. She has not been found innocent. The final Supreme Court spells out she was present during the murder and covered up for Guede.
She was acquitted definitively. For the 176th time, the Supreme Court stated that all the various prosecutions demonstrated was that she (and Raffaele, remember him?) was there at a later time and another part of the house. Yet you repeat ad nauseam the factoid above.
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
2. She was promiscuous as per her own bragging about the fact.
You just can't help yourself from slutshaming. When you can't deal with the first point, you default to some random stranger's sex life. Whatever floats your boat.
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
3. Sorry, are you personalising your post? Who exactly are you referring to?
Personalizing posts!? LOL!
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 09:39 AM   #3029
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,376
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
1. She has not been found innocent. The final Supreme Court spells out she was present during the murder and covered up for Guede.
One thing you and Krissy Allen have in common is that you never read, much less quoted from the Marasca-Bruno report of 2015, the one which exonerated the pair.

Key to this notion that Knox/Sollecito had only allegedly been at the cottage at the time of the murder (as assumed by Nencini), is that the Nencini court, according to the final Supreme Court ruling, had never properly ascertained the time of death....
Originally Posted by Marasca-Bruno in 2015
6.2. Another judicial error is to be found in the finding that the establishment of
Kercher’s exact time of death was irrelevant, in the belief that the approximate
timing offered by the expert investigations was sufficient...

........ the exact determination of Kercher’s time of death is an
unavoidable factual prerequisite for the verification of the defendant’s alibi, in the
form of an inquiry aimed at ascertaining the possibility of his alleged presence in the
house on via della Pergola at the time of the murder.
This is the reason why:
1. Marasca-Bruno called both AK's and RS's presence at the cottage at the actual time of death as only "alleged"....

2. But more importantly, why the M/B report defaulted to say that even if everything had been true as alleged in the Nencini conviction, all that Nencini had proved was that AK and/or RS had been in another part of the cottage (other than the murder room), as well as at a later time.
Yet you'll ignore all this and repeat endlessly the factoid of yours above, all the while claiming that you only get your views from the evidence. Evidence which you never quote.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 29th September 2019 at 09:42 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 10:02 AM   #3030
Welshman
Muse
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 730
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Yeah, yeah, everybody's a lair except the killer.
There were numerous instances of people lying in the case of Meredith which I backed up with evidence. Could Vixen answer the following questions

• How does Vixen explain the hypocrisy of lying on an industrial scale in her posts and then viciously attacking Amanda for telling numerous lies?

• How does Vixen explain the hypocrisy of attacking Amanda for telling lies when Vixen tells numerous lies about Amanda?

• How is it that Amanda is viciously attacked for lying when lies have been told about and have been used against Amanda?

• Vixen lies on an industrial scale in her posts and then attacks Amanda for lying. Is Vixen projecting when she attacks Amanda for lying?

• How does Vixen explain the hypocrisy of attacking Amanda for lying when Vixen feels it is perfectly acceptable to lie if it works against Amanda?

• If Amanda is such a prolific liar, why does Vixen has to resort to lying to sustain this claim? How does Vixen explain the hypocrisy of attacking Amanda for lying when falsely accusing Amanda of lying?

• Lying is something you resort to when the facts are against you. As my post below, there are major problems with the prosecution’s case and the facts overwhelmingly support the case the defence case and go against the prosecution’s case. In view of this why would Amanda need to resort to lying?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...9#post12724199

Last edited by Welshman; 29th September 2019 at 11:23 AM.
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 11:37 AM   #3031
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,473
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
1. She has not been found innocent. The final Supreme Court spells out she was present during the murder and covered up for Guede.

2. She was promiscuous as per her own bragging about the fact.

3. Sorry, are you personalising your post? Who exactly are you referring to?
Once again, there is no 'innocent' verdict, only acquittal. "For not having committed the act" means they did not do it. As has been pointed out to you numerous times before, a person is considered INNOCENT under Italian law until, and unless, they are definitively convicted. No definitive conviction = innocent under Italian law. I don't know why you have so much trouble understanding that very simple fact. No, I take that back; I do know why.

If Knox slept with every man she ever crossed paths with, it doesn't matter one whit when it comes to the murder of Kercher. Stop the slut shaming. It has nothing to due with the murder.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 11:39 AM   #3032
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,473
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Yeah, yeah, everybody's a lair except the killer.
Guede is a huge lair liar. You'll get no argument from us about that, but there are those out there that think the 'poor guy' was railroaded. There's no explaining how some people think.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 11:45 AM   #3033
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,473
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Wow, paranoid much?

Thanks for the compliments.
Seriously, Vix. Take some remedial reading comprehension classes. Nothing I wrote was 'paranoid' nor were there any compliments to you or Krissy Allen, for that matter.

I notice you and Krissy both ignore this quote from the Umbria news:

Quote:
The acquittal of the accused was also solicited this morning by the public prosecutor's office following the testimony of a policeman of the mobile squad who explained in the courtroom that he had not started investigations into Aviello's statements because he was considered unreliable.
ETA: You didn't address this part of my previous post:

Quote:
Are you seriously claiming this proves that Aviello was bribed by Bongiorno? It does no such thing. That article is a year and a half old. Has Bongiorno or Francesco Sollecito (whom Aviello also accused of bribing him) been charged with any crime? No. Why is that?

Last edited by Stacyhs; 29th September 2019 at 12:50 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 12:04 PM   #3034
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,473
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Vixen also thinks it's logical that Amanda would go to buy bleach at a store just a few doors down from Raff's where there was a bottle and a half of bleach in the bathroom.

Man, that is some logical reasoning!
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It's ridiculous to think Hitler was a mass murderer when he was a tee-totaller and loved his dog.
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I am only demonstrating your own logic back to you. Do you now see why it is a complete non sequitur to claim your kitchen knife would also fit or that Knox couldn't have been seen in the shop as Raff already had provisions?


Please do better.
Vix, can you please explain to me why you think it would be logical for Knox to go a few doors down to a store and buy bleach (which she did not do) in the early morning when she already had 1 1/2 bottles in Raff's apartment? Do you go to the store to buy a gallon of milk when you already have a gallon in the fridge?

Can you explain to me why why it's illogical to state that my chef's knife, or anyone's similar chef knife, would not be compatible with the largest wound when the coroner's only requirement was that the knife was non-serrated?

You are right about one thing; it IS ridiculous to think Hitler wasn't a mass murderer because he was a tee-totaller and loved his dog. Why you brought that up is anyone's guess because it certainly didn't equate to what I said.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 29th September 2019 at 12:48 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 12:06 PM   #3035
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,473
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
It is apparent that you'll avoid like the plague answering a straight forward question.....

Did you just cite yourself as a third party reputable source? If you did, that takes the cake.

I've been on-lining since 1988. I've never seen someone cite themselves before.
Bill, I make no claims that Vixen and Krissy Allen are the same person. I just noted that the two had both written about the Cheddar Man just as they both write articles about Knox.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 12:11 PM   #3036
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,473
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
As I do not buy my things from a jumble sale but from reputable stores such as John Lewis or Marks & Sparks, there is no problem wearing new clothes straight away without having to wash them. Not to mention the ecological waste of an unnecessary machine cycle.
Ah, I see. So undergarments bought from John Lewis or M & S aren't handled by countless people during manufacture and packaging unlike those bought at jumble sales. And you don't wash new underwear before wearing because of that. Is that what you're saying? If so, that's some logic.

And for the record, I didn't say "clothes". I specifically said lingerie.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 12:12 PM   #3037
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,376
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Bill, I make no claims that Vixen and Krissy Allen are the same person. I just noted that the two had both written about the Cheddar Man just as they both write articles about Knox.
It's just that Vixen offered a non-denial denial. Which is her right, I suppose. If this was reversed, I'd leave it to Vixen to prove us wrong. But it's not. So benefit of doubt goes to Vixen.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th September 2019, 12:04 AM   #3038
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Oh and Vixen, since you're around: please will you supply the (credible and reliable) source evidence - which you said you possessed - to support your claim that the Knox family engaged in a $2 million PR campaign?

Thanks awfully in advance
Here you go:

Quote:
A while back, I posted in Comments on the rumor long rampant in Perugia that “someone” paid $2 million to have Judge Chiari replaced by Judge Hellmann.
Or:

Quote:
Who hired Candace Dempsey, brought in Anne Bremner, Tom Wright and now retired King County judge Michael Heavey on board? In that very tight knit Seattle community, these players all seem to have known each other.

With their political organization, one can see how they roped in Washington senator Maria Cantwell and various congresspersons. When you shine the light of full disclosure on their activities, some truly malodorous actions come up.

Are you denying Knox' parents hired a PR agent?
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th September 2019, 12:07 AM   #3039
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Once again, there is no 'innocent' verdict, only acquittal. "For not having committed the act" means they did not do it. As has been pointed out to you numerous times before, a person is considered INNOCENT under Italian law until, and unless, they are definitively convicted. No definitive conviction = innocent under Italian law. I don't know why you have so much trouble understanding that very simple fact. No, I take that back; I do know why.

If Knox slept with every man she ever crossed paths with, it doesn't matter one whit when it comes to the murder of Kercher. Stop the slut shaming. It has nothing to due with the murder.
She uses sex to sell her book so have a go at the panhandler.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th September 2019, 12:09 AM   #3040
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Guede is a huge lair liar. You'll get no argument from us about that, but there are those out there that think the 'poor guy' was railroaded. There's no explaining how some people think.
Your critical debating skills are shockingly poor. Serving up straw man arguments now. Followed by the logical fallacy of a false conclusion.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.