ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , J. Leroy Hulsey , wtc 7

Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM   #2561
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Since I had not been in a very long while I decided to peruse the AE911T website today.

Professional petition is up to a staggering 3,119. Very exciting.

They marked the anniversary of the "demolition" of the Plasco Building. No word on the Sao Paulo collapse though.

The Lawyers Committee gave the U.S. Attorney a list of names of people who may know something about 9/11 to go along with the previous filing. Surely big news there.

Nothing new about Hulsey though. In fact, just looking at the home page you would not even be aware the Hulsey study was a thing. Biggest, most expensive (I suspect) undertaking they have done but not even mentioned on the home page.
Obviously a rush to sing the petition.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #2562
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Obviously a rush to sing the petition.
Oystein indicated that in May of 2018 they reached the 3,000 signature mark, then lost one. So in the 10 months or so since they have accumulated a yuge 120 additional signatures. It's a wave of support! Woohoo

Last edited by Mark F; Yesterday at 12:17 PM.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM   #2563
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Oystein indicated that in May of 2018 they reached the 3,000 signature mark, then lost one. So in the 10 months or so since they have accumulated a yuge 120 additional signatures. It's a wave of support! Woohoo
In addition, they added about 700 signatures in the "Members of the Public" part of the "Petition". In total, they now have almost 26,000 signatories. After almost 12 years!

The Truth Movement has variously claimed to have "millions" on their side, and on several occasions, leading Truthers have voiced an expectation, or a hope, that some petition, or group, would reach and exceed 1 million. I have several example, e.g. from AE911Truth themselves (the "ReThink911" campaign, their former board member Wayne Coste, from David Cole, who is a leading member of the "Lawyers' Committee for 9/11 Inquiry".

Ae911T is short of a million by a factor of almost 40.
In each of the last 3 years, they added under 1,000 signatures.
There is no upward trend, there is a downward trend.
They will not get 1 million signatures even in a thousand years the way they are going!
And a million really is not that much! 1,457,218 Americans voted for Jill Stein of the Green party in the 2016 presidential elections, that was just over 1% of valid ballots.

I am glad Truthers do petitions and social media groups so much: They present the evidence all the time that their "movement" is tiny in numbers, insignificant in reach and importance, and lacking actual movement.
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #2564
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I am glad Truthers do petitions and social media groups so much: They present the evidence all the time that their "movement" is tiny in numbers, insignificant in reach and importance, and lacking actual movement.
And lacking in actual truth.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories