ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 20th April 2017, 11:37 AM   #201
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
I have it on good authority that it's actually pasta that is God.

Heretic.
Hey! I was just making a suggestion! I don't really think brownies are God. Really!

As to the OP: the semi-literate, mostly nonsensical disjointed non-sequitur ramblings reminds me of some kind of a bot or English-to-New-Age-Speak translator.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 11:40 AM   #202
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Yes- I too look forward to what I am certain will be an interesting and insightful conversation between the two of you! Please carry on!
What's clear enough is that they believe in different gods, but I guarantee that they'll provide a united front against the meanie atheists and horribly arrogant and hypocritical skeptics.

Quote:
Just a small point- perhaps you can advise Johanabrahams as to how to use the quote function instead of the red-colored fonts? It might help improve the readability of his posts.
Yes! Perhaps they can pray about it together in brotherly harmony and their mutual gods can bless this board with sane, rational posting styles, colors and fonts.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 11:54 AM   #203
Beady
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
What's clear enough is that they believe in different gods, but I guarantee that they'll provide a united front against the meanie atheists and horribly arrogant and hypocritical skeptics.

Yes! Perhaps they can pray about it together in brotherly harmony and their mutual gods can bless this board with sane, rational posting styles, colors and fonts.
In the biblical sense?

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Old 20th April 2017, 12:19 PM   #204
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Beady View Post
In the biblical sense?
Bibs are entirely optional.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 01:32 PM   #205
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Mod Warning Johanabrahams, please do not post in all-caps. Use the quote function - press the quote button on the post that you want to quote - or enclose quotes from other posters in the [ quote] [ /quote] tags (spaces added by me to demonstrate the tags). If you need help with the quote function, you need only ask and people will help you to familiarise yourself with it.
Posted By:Agatha

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 03:31 PM   #206
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
That is odd, I do not recall identifying myself as such.

In fact I am member of the International Skeptics Forum, which is sufficient.

Oh, and a recipient of God's love, glory be!
No offense intended, but if you're not a conservative Roman Catholic, you're impersonating one very skillfully.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 03:44 PM   #207
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
No offense intended, but if you're not a conservative Roman Catholic, you're impersonating one very skillfully.
Perhaps he's a liberal pastafarian playing a grand joke?

Hard to say, though I am also an Ordained Minister. I have a certificate and everything!

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 03:55 PM   #208
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
TBD certainly has presented himself as a conservative Roman Catholic over multiple threads. I wouldn't suggest that he is impersonating one skillfully- take that as you wish.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 04:25 PM   #209
Beady
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
Perhaps he's a liberal pastafarian playing a grand joke?

Hard to say, though I am also an Ordained Minister. I have a certificate and everything!
Big deal! I have the PVC printed ID card. And a belt buckle!

Last edited by zooterkin; 20th April 2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Size
Beady is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 04:35 PM   #210
Argumemnon
World Maker

Beady could you make that image smaller? It's interfering with the display of the thread.
Old 20th April 2017, 05:00 PM   #211
Beady
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Beady could you make that image smaller? It's interfering with the display of the thread.
Seriously? It looks fine on my phone.

Old 20th April 2017, 05:38 PM   #212
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
Seriously? It looks fine on my phone.

Or, if sizing it is problematic, as it always seems to be for me, just spoiler it.
Old 20th April 2017, 06:43 PM   #213
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

In the biblical sense?
Well, one mustn't pry! Some theistic posters love to play the part of a virtual-verbal-Onan, however, as we've seen throughout many threads, much to my disgust.
Old 20th April 2017, 06:58 PM   #214
Beady
Philosopher

It won't let me edit the post. Sorry, gang.

Old 20th April 2017, 08:56 PM   #215
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
It won't let me edit the post. Sorry, gang.

Report it yourself, and ask the mods to fix it...
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 09:12 PM   #216
Beady
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
Report it yourself, and ask the mods to fix it...
Done.

Old 20th April 2017, 11:22 PM   #217
asydhouse
Master Poster

I was reading this thread, marvelling at the smugly passive aggressive posts of the Big Dog (snicker, his choice of name is too cute!), when the OP returned and started shouting in all capitalised letters...

SO, I am not going to read any more. I can't help but "hear" all caps as shouting, and I hear in my mind's ear the spittle-flecked voice of an aggressive northern Irish ranter like Ian Paisley, the ugliest voice in the world (a preacher's voice, no less).

Honestly I simply haven't the patience.

I got no god, but I do have love. And peace, when I remember. Life's too short. "Where's that bag of grass?"*

* Jimi Hendrix, mid jam session while recording Electric Ladyland.
Old 21st April 2017, 12:11 AM   #218
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

So Johan, why did you start this thread?
Every guess or question is met with some kind of version of 'shut up and listen', but you never proceed to tell us anything, you just react to what other people write, sentence by sentence.
Is there actually anything you want to discuss?
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 02:32 AM   #219
Donn
Philosopher

Seriously? [cheeky snip]
I hope you always retain the memory of your Pastafarian crotch shot being too vast for the Internet!
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 02:35 AM   #220
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

...why are you shouting? What, in your opinion, does capshouting add to your screed?
Human beings are so accustomed to judging . . .not knowing that they have very limited abilities in doing that. Look now . . .you say I am shouting while in fact i was not shouting. You say that I think it add to my "screed" while in fact I do not depend on that to add but I depend solely on my wisdom.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 02:46 AM   #221
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

You are going to need to be a bit more specific. Which one, in your opinion, is the "TRUE ONE", and why do you so assert?
You are going to need to be a bit more specific.

Why . . . so that you can class me. Human beings like to do that.

Which one, in your opinion, is the "TRUE ONE",

I mentioned it already . . .the One that is not selfish but of true love . . .giving me what He is. That way I do not need to serve Him as of lower specie live but can be His equal. Why should He keep His godliness only for Himself . . .being this "being" to worship because of how "big"
He is . . . so . . if He is that "big" then share it . . and give my the same . . .whatever it is that is making Him God. And another condition for Him is that He should start giving it now . . .no use waiting after I am dead . . .in fact . . .he has everlasting live . . .so why am i dying . . .That is actually the first He should give.

and why do you so assert? He didn't keep me waiting

Love Johan

Last edited by Johanabrahams; 21st April 2017 at 02:47 AM. Reason: forget the color
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 02:49 AM   #222
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
........I depend solely on my wisdom.......
Good luck with that. Around here we tend to require evidence. Unsupported wisdom counts for very little.

That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 03:04 AM   #223
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

This is an...odd...assertion. All of the 'gods' were created by humans. Feel free to provide actual evidence otherwise. Do keep track of the fact that your sincere testimony is not evidence...

This is an...odd...assertion.
All of the 'gods' were created by humans.

yep . . agree . . .and these days the have a big one . . .money

Feel free to provide actual evidence otherwise.

yep . . .that is obvious . . .if there is a god . . .it has to be visible. But seems you missed him. He is not gone . . .just read some more and not just what I wrote to you.

Do keep track of the fact that your sincere testimony is not evidence...

Sure . . .I believe likewise.

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 03:10 AM   #224
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Might you consider learning to properly and effectively use the "quote" button?
Yep . . agree . . .but not knowing that should not keep me from posting . . .as it is not very important . . .so for now . . .use some patience . . which is advice because I also know that human beings do not have such . . and then also you can give some advice if you see something you know better. As we are one family we should also learn to live as such. These days the children know much more than the parents about all these tech stuff.

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 03:19 AM   #225
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

My god can beat up your god
Old 21st April 2017, 03:19 AM   #226
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by TraneWreck View Post
I think it's disrespectful that you don't convert the quotes to which you're responding into all caps.

Why should your letters be bigger?
I think it's disrespectful that you don't convert the quotes to which you're responding into all caps.

luckily it is only your thinking . . .and not the truth . . .as it was actually my lack of knowledge of my abilities in this forum. Not every forum has this editor. But do not worry . . . I know about the thinking capabilities of the human race . . .since I was one myself.

Why should your letters be bigger?

The reason was just to make for easier distinguishing between your words and mine. Especially for somebody else reading it. You know what you wrote but others have a problem when there is not something that is making it different.

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 03:21 AM   #227
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Oh. THIS will be interesting!

Johan vs TBD: FIGHT!
Only human beings fight . .

Love Johan

Last edited by Johanabrahams; 21st April 2017 at 03:24 AM. Reason: too much to absorb
Old 21st April 2017, 03:23 AM   #228
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Oh. THIS will be interesting!

Johan vs TBD: FIGHT!

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 03:27 AM   #229
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

The "quote" function would be your friend, if you would let it...
Not really . . .but I know it will help . . .so be you my "friend" and tell my how . . as this is an advance editor that I do not have experience of.

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 03:30 AM   #230
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Hey, I'm getting good at this...

Is that a confirmation that you believe you are God Johan?
Nope . . .too much nonsense going on to take that responsibility on me.

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 03:30 AM   #231
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

Love Johan
You're not human?
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 03:31 AM   #232
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
Exhibit "A"
Tell us more . . .
Old 21st April 2017, 03:50 AM   #233
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Donn View Post
If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

Implies love is a language impossible to learn for it excludes any human language, at the very least.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Implies that love is not part of any possible knowledge, at the very least.

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Implies that love cannot be demonstrated by any physical means; at the very least, any charitable means.

So far, love is impossible to speak, know or show. Tough act to follow.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

But then it changes; turns into a list of character flaws which are unrelated to the initial description. These are ethics most people would recognize.

So, which love is being mooted? The basic package, or the supernatural one?
These are ethics most people would recognize.

You find it in the Bible of the Christians?

So, which love is being mooted? The basic package, or the supernatural one?

Well we are all interested in the most that we can get.

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 03:55 AM   #234
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Just there.
Nope . . .I was just distinguishing between your words and mine . . .make for easier reading for other readers especially in long quotes. But do not worry . . .I will help you guys as I saw that this specific editor has the ability of different colors which is not available in other forums.

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 04:15 AM   #235
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Only human beings fight.......
Wander up to Kruger and watch the male bok at breeding time. See if you can find a lion pride at the moment a young male comes sniffing around. Hang around the elephants when there is a bull in musth. Head to any seal or sea lion colony at breeding time. Sit next to a hippo pool for a few hours. Maybe you'll learn something: many species of animal, including humans, fight.

That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 04:51 AM   #236
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

You are screaming. Do you not know how impolite it is to write in all caps?
You are screaming.

nope . . .i am distinguishing.

Do you not know how impolite it is to write in all caps?

now i am impolite again.

The problem of the human nation . . .cannot judge correctly . . .but they are still judging.

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 04:58 AM   #237
Argumemnon
World Maker

The problem of the human nation . . .cannot judge correctly . . .but they are still judging.
Could you please start making sense?
Old 21st April 2017, 05:01 AM   #238
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

You are screaming. Do you not know how impolite it is to write in all caps?
Typing in all caps is considered (and I suspect you've been told this many times) rather rude, unloving, with the implication that you are yelling and screaming at people.
Typing in all caps is considered (and I suspect you've been told this many times) rather rude, unloving, with the implication that you are yelling and screaming at people.

yep . . .heard that . . and even though the real reason is right in front of everybody . . .it is seemingly impossible for some to accept it.
But I found another way to do it even though it is more difficult to apply. . .just hope their is no connection with color.
Old 21st April 2017, 05:05 AM   #239
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

What in the blue hell are you guys even babbling about?
As I have heard . . . the hell is red . . .fire-red. But I also would like it to be blue . . .seems a bit cooler then.

As for the "babbling" . . .you will have to stay tuned in . . .and eventually it will start to make "sense" if you are one of the lucky ones.

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 05:06 AM   #240
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Please stop yelling. it's rude, and unloving.
i have heard that one . . . .many times . ..Look you are busy with repetition.

Love Johan

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy