ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Bill O'Reilly , sexual harassment charges , sexual harassment issues

Old 13th April 2017, 03:54 PM   #121
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
Five bucks says he attaches himself to the White House within six months.
With Kellyanne Conway giving free advertising for "No Spin Zone" coffee mugs and mouse pads, no doubt.
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 05:01 PM   #122
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
Bill is going on 'vacation'.
From sexual harassment in general, or just in the workplace?

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2017, 10:00 PM   #123
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
From sexual harassment in general, or just in the workplace?
Mayhaps for playing well with himself but not so much with his female colleagues!!!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2017, 08:55 PM   #124
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Bill O’Reilly’s Future at Fox Grows Dim as the Murdochs’ Support Erodes

Quote:
Bill O’Reilly’s position at Fox News grew increasingly tenuous on Tuesday as support from the Murdoch family showed signs of eroding, according to three people briefed on discussions about his future.

Mr. O’Reilly’s fate at the network is expected to be discussed on Thursday at a board meeting for Fox News’s parent company, 21st Century Fox. Chief among the considerations is a continuing investigation into Mr. O’Reilly’s behavior conducted by the law firm Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison.

Pressure on the company increased on Tuesday when another woman reported sexual harassment allegations against Mr. O’Reilly to 21st Century Fox.

The company recently renewed Mr. O’Reilly’s contract, and the Murdoch family, which controls the company, has stood by him as allegations piled up. But after a New York Times article this month detailed harassment allegations against him, more than 50 companies have pulled their advertising from his show.
lol get ********** Bill.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 12:11 AM   #125
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

I wonder how Bill will spin this?
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 03:11 AM   #126
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
The same way he spun his lies about being in the Falklands war I would guess. In any news organization that cared about facts those would be pretty serious, but he is at fox so they care about the truth more than mere facts.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 05:30 AM   #127
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

He's done all he can at FoxNews and decided to move on and pursue new opportunities is the usual spin.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 05:35 AM   #128
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

He's done all everyone he can at FoxNews and decided to move on and pursue new opportunities[...]
FTFY.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 05:44 AM   #129
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

He's leaving to write his next book: "Killing O'Reilly's Career."
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 05:48 AM   #130
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
He's leaving to write his next book: "Killing O'Reilly's Career."
Perfectly put.

Will The Blaze have him replace Tomi Lahren?

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 05:56 AM   #131
Stacko
Philosopher

By replacing Sean Spicer?
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 05:56 AM   #132
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Now a new accuser has come forward anonymously with lawyer representation. She is a black woman claiming that he called her "hot chocolate". Without a photo, I don't know if she really is hot chocolate.
Old 19th April 2017, 07:02 AM   #133
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Glenn Beck got fired from Fox and it's made him rich. I predict the same for Billo. The writing may have been on the wall for him as soon as Ailes was gone, because compared to Ailes, the Murdochs place a higher priority on profit relative to politics.

I'd almost forgotten the Falklands thing.
Old 19th April 2017, 07:08 AM   #134
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

I'm just not confident Fox will replace him with someone I will instinctively dislike. I want Batman to win, but I don't really want him to kill off Penguin. Batman needs Penguin. I need Billo.

Maybe they can hire Alex Jones.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 08:34 AM   #135
Modified
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Now a new accuser has come forward anonymously with lawyer representation. She is a black woman claiming that he called her "hot chocolate". Without a photo, I don't know if she really is hot chocolate.
I've seen that headline a lot, and it trivializes her claims. She says that for the most part he wouldn't talk to her, only grunt in an imitation of animal sexual arousal or something.
Modified is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 08:40 AM   #136
Spindrift

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Glenn Beck got fired from Fox and it's made him rich. I predict the same for Billo. The writing may have been on the wall for him as soon as Ailes was gone, because compared to Ailes, the Murdochs place a higher priority on profit relative to politics.

I'd almost forgotten the Falklands thing.
He is rich. You mean richer.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 08:48 AM   #137
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Bill O'Reilly should be replaced by Bill Cosby.

That way the good people at Fox News will be able to have a sexual predator that knows comedy.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 08:59 AM   #138
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Why is this a big deal, he has been a known sexual preditor for decades. Why do people care about that now when it wasn't a big deal in 2004?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Oct28.html
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 10:05 AM   #139
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

He is rich. You mean richer.
You are correct.

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Why is this a big deal, he has been a known sexual preditor for decades. Why do people care about that now when it wasn't a big deal in 2004?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Oct28.html
I don't think they care more, but see an opportunity now that Ailes isn't there to defend him. Especially since Ailes was fired for the same thing.
Old 19th April 2017, 10:26 AM   #140
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Bill O'Reilly should be replaced by Bill Cosby.

That way the good people at Fox News will be able to have a sexual predator that knows comedy.
Bill Clinton can do it too
Old 19th April 2017, 10:47 AM   #141
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Bill Clinton can do it too
Clinton would not fit in well at all.

Clinton is real amateur compared to the likes of O'Reilly, Ailes, Trump and Cosby, and Fox News really likes their sexual predators to be well established.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 11:37 AM   #142
bobdroege7
Master Poster

Bill O'Reilly officially out at FOX news

Now being reported at CNN

Graduate of a liberal arts college!

Faster play faster faster play faster
bobdroege7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 11:46 AM   #143
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/19/medi...ews/index.html
Old 19th April 2017, 11:51 AM   #144
CaptainHowdy
Critical Thinker

He's done all he can at FoxNews and decided to move on and pursue new opportunities is the usual spin.
"He's decided to retire from television so he can spend more time with his family." is another way to spin it.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 11:53 AM   #145
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

" Ding Dong, the Witch Is Dead, The Wicked Witch The Witch is Dead, Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"

O'Reilly will not be hurting for money, he is already a wealthy man.
Now he can ghost write even more books on history which do nothing but swipe from better books on the topic.....

I doubt he going to be offered or take a job with the White Hours. He is a bit to toxic for that, and he had a equivocal attitude toward Trump until after the election, and even then he never quite blindly worshipped the man the way that Hannity did......and blind loyalty is required at the Trump Whtie House.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 19th April 2017 at 11:58 AM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 11:56 AM   #146
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

The recent contract was about enabling a nice fat golden parachute?
Old 19th April 2017, 11:57 AM   #147
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Bye Billicia!
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 12:04 PM   #148
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
The recent contract was about enabling a nice fat golden parachute?
If memory serves, the contract was signed before the story became big time.
But even without a nice golden parachute, O Reilly was a wealthy man.
What cracked me up is his trying to be the voice of morality on TV, after he got his start hosting Inside Edition, the scummists of all the "tabloid TV" shows of the 90's.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 12:05 PM   #149
Civet
Muse

Genuinely curious what his next move will be. His toxicity may limit his opportunities but the size of his fanbase suggests that he won't stay on the shelf for long.
Civet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 12:05 PM   #150
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I doubt he going to be offered or take a job with the White Hours. He is a bit to toxic for that, and he had a equivocal attitude toward Trump until after the election, and even then he never quite blindly worshipped the man the way that Hannity did......and blind loyalty is required at the Trump Whtie House.
You did mean "White House" in both instances, right?
Old 19th April 2017, 12:19 PM   #151
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
You did mean "White House" in both instances, right?
Yeah, I sort of typed that in a hurry.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 19th April 2017, 12:20 PM   #152
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Notice that Fox announced this on a day when the Aaron Herdnandez suicide is dominating the news. I don't think that is a coincidence.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 19th April 2017, 12:21 PM   #153
Argumemnon
World Maker

Yeah, I sort of typed that in a hurry.
Right, because for a moment there I thought something called "White Hours" might be something O'Reilly would easily get into.
Old 19th April 2017, 12:22 PM   #154
Spindrift

Notice that Fox announced this on a day when the Aaron Herdnandez suicide is dominating the news. I don't think that is a coincidence.
So FoxNews put out a prison hit on Hernandez. It all makes sense now. It's a small going away present for Bill. His next book will be "Who Killed Aaron Hernandez."
Old 19th April 2017, 12:27 PM   #155
Babbylonian
Philosopher

I think it is indeed a coincidence. It's not like their competitors aren't going to report about the most popular personality on Fox News getting ****-canned. It's a 24-hour day and talking about a psychopath committing suicide isn't going to fill it.
Old 19th April 2017, 12:37 PM   #156
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Moral warriors experience an alarmingly high level of self-inflicted wounds.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 12:49 PM   #157
Newtons Bit
Penultimate Amazing

And maaaaaaaybe if they got rid of him a year ago they would have been able to keep Megyn Kelly...
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 04:27 PM   #158
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by bobdroege7 View Post
Bill O'Reilly officially out at FOX news

Now being reported at CNN
And Tucker moves up an hour.
Old 19th April 2017, 04:51 PM   #159
Marcus
Master Poster

I'm sad. It's not that I agreed with his views, I usually didn't. It's that his show was so entertaining. He's a horndog, presumably getting too old to practice, the girls are now millionaires, that should be enough.

No way I will waste my time watching Tucker Carlson.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 05:25 PM   #160
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
No way I will waste my time watching Tucker Carlson.
Does that mean you were wasting it watching Billo? Kind of makes me sad, that does.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events