ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #1841
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
What arrant nonsense. Hellman was hopelessly in way above his head.
My irony meter just went off the scale.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM   #1842
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
My irony meter just went off the scale.
You do irony?
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM   #1843
Stacyhs
Philosopher

You do irony?
Not as well as you.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM   #1844
Stacyhs
Philosopher

And yet.......

Quote:
Given the above-mentioned considerations, it is evident that a new trial would be useless, thus the verdict of annulment without a new trial, in accordance with Article 620 letter I) of the Italian Code of Criminal Procedure, thus applying a sentence of not guilty which would also have been reached by any new referral judge, in accordance with the principles of law set out in this judgment.
(Marasca-Bruno)

You know, the judgment that Hellmann found. It was your beloved Massei and Nencini whose guilty verdicts should never have been found. And thus sayeth the Italian Court of Cassation.
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM   #1845
NotEvenWrong
Muse

Vixen,
You believe Hellman was "hopelessly in way above his head". Do you also believe:

- The European Court of Human Rights was "hopelessly in way above [its] head"?
- The Italian Supreme Court was "hopelessly in way above [its] head"?
- Peter Gill, the founding father of forensic genetics was "hopelessly in way above his head"?
- Bruce Budowle was "hopelessly in way above his head"?
- John Douglas was "hopelessly in way above his head"?
- Professor Carla Vecchiotti was "hopelessly in way above her head"?
- Professor Stefano Conti was "hopelessly in way above his head"?
- Every independent DNA expert that examined the evidence and said the evidence was flawed and Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were innocent was "hopelessly in way above his/her head"?

You can just answer yes/no to each of the above. Thanks.
NotEvenWrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM   #1846
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RoseMontague View Post
Blame the victims much? These rules are pretty funny unless you have to pay one of those steep fines. Sounds like a way to scam some unsuspecting folks trying to enjoy a vacation. My guess is that once word gets around, they will just pick a different destination.
Fining someone for dripping melting gelato over its monuments is not as heinous as your country's practice of separating little children from their Moms and Dads and locking them up in cages.
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM   #1847
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
What's the penalty for doing a cartwheel in a police station?
Pretty sick behaviour after stabbing your room mate in the neck and sexually assaulting her, eh?

I should think 26 years is a doddle compared to the likely death penalty or whole life sentence in your country.
Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM   #1848
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I think the oddest claim by the police as to why they chose that knife, and only that knife, from the kitchen to test was because it looked "unnaturally clean". What? How does a kitchen knife look "unnaturally clean"? How does it differ from a "naturally clean" knife?
This is why they are detectives and forensic scientists and you are not.
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #1849
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

And yet.......

(Marasca-Bruno)

You know, the judgment that Hellmann found. It was your beloved Massei and Nencini whose guilty verdicts should never have been found. And thus sayeth the Italian Court of Cassation.
As bent as a nine-dollar bill.
Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM   #1850
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NotEvenWrong View Post
Vixen,
You believe Hellman was "hopelessly in way above his head". Do you also believe:

- Peter Gill, the founding father of forensic genetics was "hopelessly in way above his head"?
- Every independent DNA expert that examined the evidence and said the evidence was flawed and Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were innocent was "hopelessly in way above his/her head"?

As bent as bent can be.
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM   #1851
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

And yet, you completely ignore NotEvenWrong's request of you. That request wants you to justify that you know more about Forensic DNA analysis than the likes of Dr. Peter Gill.

Let me refresh you memory

Originally Posted by NotEvenWrong
Vixen,

Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #1852
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

As bent as they can be.

As bent as a nine dollar bill.

(This is offered, as it is your own level of "proof" when you have nothing else.)
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #1853
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
As bent as they can be.

As bent as a nine dollar bill.

(This is offered, as it is your own level of "proof" when you have nothing else.)
All the evidence just goes 'Whooooosh!' right over the heads of nutter-zealots who can see no wrong in murder/sexual assault if the perp is an American in 'backward' Italy with its hilarious rules bullying foreign tourists who only ever wanted to enjoy ice-cream in Florence without some fascist policeman fining them.
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM   #1854
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Pretty sick behaviour after stabbing your room mate in the neck and sexually assaulting her, eh?

I should think 26 years is a doddle compared to the likely death penalty or whole life sentence in your country.

Your first paragraph is confusing me, since Knox (to whom I presume you're referring) almost certainly DID NOT "stab (her) room mate in the neck and sexually assault her" - and there's certainly not one piece of reliable, credible evidence that she participated in any way whatsoever.

On the other hand, I think Guede got a pretty long sentence (minus credit for a fast-track trial). But if you want to complain about the sentence handed down to Guede - the only killer of Meredith Kercher - then I'm afraid you're in the wrong place here.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM   #1855
NotEvenWrong
Muse

As bent as bent can be.
Wow! That's a lot of corruption at every level, including several independent legal experts, independent scientists, independent courts, and independent world-renowned forensic experts. How are all of these completely independent internationally renowned courts and science experts all bent? Who is coordinating this massive international conspiracy at such an unheard of scale? Any theories??

And just for completeness: you believe the only honest individuals in this whole mess are the prosecution and those working for the prosecution, who put forth the theory Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito participated in a pagan sex murder ritual on the night (after) Halloween with a drifter and burglar they did not know (Rudy Guede)?

Last edited by NotEvenWrong; Yesterday at 12:59 PM.
NotEvenWrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #1856
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Where was that irony-o-meter again......?

(Hint: you may wish to educate yourself by reading one or all of: the Marasca SC verdict, the Conti-Vecchiotti Report, or the signed opinions of a whole host of proper criminal forensic scientists and DNA-typing experts. And then you might possibly learn the fatuous absurdity of your above statement. You're welcome )
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM   #1857
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

All the evidence just goes 'Whooooosh!' right over the heads of nutter-zealots who can see no wrong in murder/sexual assault if the perp is an American in 'backward' Italy with its hilarious rules bullying foreign tourists who only ever wanted to enjoy ice-cream in Florence without some fascist policeman fining them.
Wow. You're angry!

You may wish to read - yet again this invitation is extended to you - the final acquittal judgment which said that all of that so-called evidence, still puts neither AK nor RS in the murder room, all that that so-called evidence proved, even if true, that they were in another part of the house at a later time.

Which. No. One. Denies.

Thus the ISC ruled that the lower court should have acquitted, and then did that for them.

This has been posted back at you ad nauseam.

Back to lurking.
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM   #1858
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Again, you've got me confused over your employment of the term "nutter zealots" here. Because it's clear to me that you've misused the term to describe pro-acquittal/pro-innocence commentators. In fact, the term (as it applies in the context of this particular case) is the sole domain of (most) pro-guilt commentators. As any fule kno

(And I see you're still getting confused over associating Knox (the "American" in your above quote, I presume) with the murder of Meredith Kercher. Once again, I'd advise you to educate yourself by reading the Marasca SC Report, the Conti-Vecchiotti Report, and the ECHR adjudication. For comprehension.)
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #1859
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

Yo, Vixen, the DNA evidence PROVES your guy Guede sexually assaulted Meredith. The lack of forensic trace of anyone else in the room but Guede all but proves he was the lone killer of Meredith. I mean, it really doesn't get any easier than this.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM   #1860
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Italian courts are BENT, you say???

What a searing indictment of the Italian criminal justice system! That the highest criminal court in the country can be BENT?!!!

If you're right, then Italy truly is a broken state.

(Hint: you're wrong)
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM   #1861
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Yo, Vixen, the DNA evidence PROVES your guy Guede sexually assaulted Meredith. The lack of forensic trace of anyone else in the room but Guede all but proves he was the lone killer of Meredith. I mean, it really doesn't get any easier than this.

Not to mention the additional clincher that in fact every single piece of reliable, credible evidence in this case is wholly compatible with Guede as sole perpetrator.

Look: intelligent, objective commentators figured this case out literally years ago, once it was possible to obtain decent third-party disclosure of all the evidence and testimony in this case, and once it was possible to test the evidence/testimony properly for its reliability and credibility. At that point, it was abundantly and manifestly clear that every single piece of the so-called "evidence" pointing to Knox and Sollecito was in fact either highly disputable at best, and total junk at worst. Thus it became clear as day at that point that there were zero grounds even to indict Knox or Sollecito for this crime, let alone convict either of them. And at the same time, it became more and more clear that not only was Guede the only individual against whom sufficient credible, reliable evidence existed to prove his guilt BARD, but also that everything pointed towards the conclusion that he was the sole perpetrator of the assault and murder.

We all know this, and have done for several years. There is a tiny cadre of people who maintain an evangelical level of certitude of the guilt (and hence the double-heinousness of "getting away with it") of Knox and Sollecito. These people apparently either a) refuse to understand, or b) are intellectually incapable of understanding, an objective, scientific analysis of the evidence in this case, with the inevitable conclusion that must logically be reached. But you know how the proverb: you can lead a horse to water......
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM   #1862
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Fining someone for dripping melting gelato over its monuments is not as heinous as your country's practice of separating little children from their Moms and Dads and locking them up in cages.
Resorting to false equivalencies, I see.

The fine is not for 'dripping melting gelato over monuments'. It's for eating on certain streets in tourist areas of Florence. Please try to rein in the gross exaggerations. They've become a terrible habit of yours.
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM   #1863
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Resorting to false equivalencies, I see.

The fine is not for 'dripping melting gelato over monuments'. It's for eating on certain streets in tourist areas of Florence. Please try to rein in the gross exaggerations. They've become a terrible habit of yours.

Logical fallacies, ignorance and misdirectional hyperbole? Vixen? Never!

Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM   #1864
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I think that is one of the most hysterically funny things you've ever said.

1. How does a knife appear 'unnaturally clean' sitting in a kitchen drawer, Vixen? Does it sparkle like a diamond? Have a mirror like reflection?

2. Can you describe a 'normally' or 'naturally' clean knife vs an 'unnaturally' clean one?

3. What do forensic scientists have to do with the policeman declaring the knife was 'unnaturally clean' when he plucked it out of a drawer of knives on a 'hunch'?

I'm looking forward to your answers. They should be amusing. That is, if you don't pull your usual and ignore what you can't answer.
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #1865
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Ah, yes....that old chestnut. EVERYONE who doesn't agree with you is 'bent'. World respected forensic scientists and other experts in their fields, judges, lawyers...all dishonest. All willing to lie and put their professional careers and reputations on the line for some girl in Italy that they didn't know from Adam. You should do some reflecting on why you think that.
Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM   #1866
bagels
Master Poster

Actual footage of my recent trip to Florence

It's a Carabinieri officer, you can tell by the distinctive stripe on the uniform. He shoved that can right off the waste bin and then said "You, fat American tourist, Pick up that can!" I got the heck out of there before being charged with some sort of regicide.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #1867
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I think that is one of the most hysterically funny things you've ever said. >snip<
I spoke too soon. I take back the highlighted part. That last post is the funniest thing you've ever posted.
Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM   #1868
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bagels View Post
Actual footage of my recent trip to Florence

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...10/978/d1f.gif

It's a Carabinieri officer, you can tell by the distinctive stripe on the uniform. He shoved that can right off the waste bin and then said "You, fat American tourist, Pick up that can!" I got the heck out of there before being charged with some sort of regicide.
I can empathize. Here's a pic from my recent trip to Florence last spring. Soon after taking this pic, I was fined several hundred euros for dripping my stracciatella all over the Basilica.

Here I am being questioned:

Last edited by Stacyhs; Yesterday at 03:47 PM.
Old Today, 05:23 AM   #1869
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad

Maybe in Italy 26 years is a fair penalty for doing a stretching exercise in a police station after being held there for hours after not doing anything at all to your roommate who was murdered by a local resident. But I asked about a cartwheel. Crucifixion, maybe?
Old Today, 10:20 AM   #1870
Chris_Halkides
Philosopher

There never was a cartwheel.
Old Today, 10:34 AM   #1871
Mr Fied
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
There never was a cartwheel.
Now you're just throwing facts into the argument for the fun of it.
Mr Fied is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:14 PM   #1872
Welshman
Muse

As bent as bent can be.
This post proves that in Vixen’s view innocent defendant don’t exists and the only verdict a court should ever reach is guilty. If a court finds the defendants not guilty or quashes a conviction there can never be a legitimate reason and the only possible explanation is corruption, political pressure by the masons, state department, illuminati, aliens etc. In addition, Vixen feels that there can never be legitimate reasons for experts to produce conclusions favourable to the defence and expert testimony can only be acceptable when it is favourable to the prosecution. This can be seen in Vixen’s post where experts which produced testimony favourable to the defence are all corrupt. Vixen attacks PIP posters for believing there was a conspiracy by the prosecution to frame Amanda and Raffaele but Vixen believes there was a vast conspiracy to free Amanda and Raffaele. Yet another example of hypocrisy by Vixen. Vixen accuses Hellman and experts of being corrupt whilst completely ignoring the numerous abuses committed by corrupt police/prosecutors detailed below. As far as Vixen is concerned corruption only exists when it is favourable to the defence but totally ignored when it is favourable to the prosecution.

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/raffaeles-kitchen-knife/

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/contam...bwork-coverup/

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/meredi...ry-corruption/

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/evidence-destroyed/

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/blood-...irs-apartment/

https://knoxsollecito.wordpress.com/...ele-sollecito/

http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/myths.html

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...4#post11071314

https://amandaknoxauguriesofinnocence.wordpress.com/
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:38 PM   #1873
Stacyhs
Philosopher

"Vixen attacks PIP posters for believing there was a conspiracy by the prosecution to frame Amanda and Raffaele "

I'm not one of those. I don't believe the prosecution set out to frame Knox or Sollecito. I think they actually believed they were guilty. What I do think the police and Mignini did was lie about the interrogation and were so blinded by their own belief in guilt that they failed to do a proper job of investigation. I also think they were incompetent and very bad at their jobs.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors