IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , Louise Hampton

Old 30th August 2020, 07:56 AM   #1
Azrael 5
Philosopher

NHS "Nurse" says coronavirus doesnt exist.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...after-22598514

Apprently because she wasnt busy it's all "bollo**s" no suprise her facebook shows what she's really about
https://www.facebook.com/louisehampton83
Old 30th August 2020, 08:06 AM   #2
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

I haven’t watched the video, but who is claiming she’s a nurse? As far as I can tell, she was most likely a call centre worker, so probably never even saw a hospital, let alone inside an ITU.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2020, 08:15 AM   #3
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
I haven’t watched the video, but who is claiming she’s a nurse? As far as I can tell, she was most likely a call centre worker, so probably never even saw a hospital, let alone inside an ITU.
Well I maybe embellsihed that bit for a topic title she's a health care worker .She also attended the "twoofer" march yesterday in Trafalgar Square,London.

Last edited by Azrael 5; 30th August 2020 at 08:19 AM.
Azrael 5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2020, 10:46 AM   #4
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Deffo NOT a nurse nor any sort of actual healthcare worker...But deffo an eejit, which is probably why she's not trusted with anything more than answering a phone.

Last edited by Carrot Flower King; 30th August 2020 at 10:48 AM.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2020, 11:40 AM   #5
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Deffo NOT a nurse nor any sort of actual healthcare worker...But deffo an eejit, which is probably why she's not trusted with anything more than answering a phone.
More info:alledgedly she works in NHS call centre thing we have in UK cant reclal its name right now.
Old 30th August 2020, 12:03 PM   #6
Ethan Thane Athen
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Azrael 5 View Post
More info:alledgedly she works in NHS call centre thing we have in UK cant reclal its name right now.
NHS Direct? Not for much longer one hopes - after all, she’s not busy at all so they can clearly do without her...
Ethan Thane Athen is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2020, 12:39 PM   #7
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Looks like the FB page is gone?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2020, 12:54 PM   #8
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
It's there, but I think it's only visible if you are logged into Facebook.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2020, 01:00 PM   #9
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Still there for me

https://www.facebook.com/louisehampton83
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2020, 02:05 PM   #10
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Obvious nutcase CT twoofer is obvious.
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2020, 02:12 PM   #11
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker

Dial eleventy 111
The Common Potato is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2020, 03:10 PM   #12
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Well you can’t prove it not existing isn’t true, per the rules of Illogic 101.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2020, 06:45 PM   #13
Jimmy9
Scholar

Well she did have a certificate.
Old 30th August 2020, 07:05 PM   #14
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jimmy9 View Post
Well she did have a certificate.
"Have a certificate"? How about "Was certified".
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2020, 03:27 AM   #15
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Could some kind moderator please change the title of this thread?

The person in question, as pointed out, is not a nurse nor any kind of actual healthcare worker.

It is certainly annoying this particular retired nurse...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2020, 04:09 AM   #16
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

The person in question, as pointed out, is not a nurse nor any kind of actual healthcare worker.

Use the report button on the OP. You won't get the poster or yourself in trouble, you are allowed to use the report button for "housekeeping" (see the MA)
Old 31st August 2020, 09:16 AM   #17
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Oh she's an Icke fan. Yeah the OP needs to replace 'Nurse' with 'Moron'.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2020, 11:01 AM   #18
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Use the report button on the OP. You won't get the poster or yourself in trouble, you are allowed to use the report button for "housekeeping" (see the MA)
I have been in touch with the Powers That Be, but I also wanted to publicly acknowledge my unhappiness with the title: why not call her "doctor" or "psychologist" or "physiotherapist" or "pharmacist"? She's none of those either.
Old 31st August 2020, 12:36 PM   #19
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Ethan Thane Athen View Post
NHS Direct?
from the link:
Quote:
Care UK employee Louise Hampton claimed Covid-19 does not exist after showing her NHS badge and a certificate thanking her for helping patients during the pandemic.
ETA - Care UK is apparently a private company, owned by some financial group. But they do provide health care.

Originally Posted by wikipedia
The company was formed as Anglia Secure Homes in 1982, becoming Care UK PLC in 1994.[1]

In 1997, the company acquired Care Solutions Limited, a provider of residential services for people with learning disabilities responsible for 59 homes in Newcastle, Bradford, Staffordshire and Guildford. In 1998, it took on a further seven care homes in Hampshire and the South Coast with the acquisition of The Care Partnership.[1]

Care UK delisted from the stock exchange in 2010 following a management buyout. Since 2010 its major shareholder has been Bridgepoint Capital.[1]

It bought Harmoni in 2012 from ECI Partners for about £50 million.[2]

Last edited by carlitos; 31st August 2020 at 12:38 PM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:41 AM   #20
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
Oh she's an Icke fan. Yeah the OP needs to replace 'Nurse' with 'Moron'.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:00 PM   #21
Azrael 5
Philosopher

I did put Nurse in inverted commas. But I have habit of writing thread titles in tabloid headline style.
Old 4th September 2020, 03:11 AM   #22
Carrot Flower King
Muse

OK, so why didn't you use "doctor" or "psychologist" or any of the other equally inaccurate clinical titles you could have done? That would have been just as "tabloid". Especially when worker would use fewer characters...
Old 4th September 2020, 04:33 AM   #23
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

"Nurse" is also the name of a species of shark.

And I agree, it's insulting to use any other word but "moron".
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2020, 03:57 PM   #24
Azrael 5
Philosopher

OK, so why didn't you use "doctor" or "psychologist" or any of the other equally inaccurate clinical titles you could have done? That would have been just as "tabloid". Especially when worker would use fewer characters...
Does it matter? Jeez.
Old 6th September 2020, 08:06 AM   #25
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Yes, as a retired nurse it matters to me, 'cos I am totally - insert expeltive of choice - 'd off with folk misusing the professional title "nurse" in such a careless and generally demeaning way which, so it seems, they will not do for other professional titles. I've been reading and hearing this sort of bolleaux for more years than I care to recall and am yet to find it done in a complimentary way.

But apparently you don't care much about other folks' professions and are far more bothered about writing tabloid headlines...FFS.

Last edited by Carrot Flower King; 6th September 2020 at 08:09 AM.
Old 6th September 2020, 08:15 AM   #26
Carrot Flower King
Muse

And another question: if the person here had been male, would you have still have (mis) used the term "nurse"? Or would you suddenly have remembered that other healthcare roles exist?
Old 7th September 2020, 09:14 PM   #27
Venom
Illuminator

Just a random nutter.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2020, 11:10 PM   #28
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

OK, now that I'm paying a bit more attention here: There is nothing in that article or on the FB page that I can see where they identify this woman as a nurse.

"A woman who works for a major NHS provider"

How the **** is that a nurse? She could be the janitor or a receptionist or a medical assistant.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2020, 02:40 PM   #29
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

If the UK has been like here in the US, if she wasn't working on anything to do with COVID patients, she probably wasn't busy. Our emergency rooms have been quiet for most normal things. In fact, a chunk (no one knows how big yet) of our excess deaths are people with heart attacks or strokes who didn't go to the ER when they should have and could have been saved. I heard a story on the local NPR station about parents who didn't take their kid to the ER when he broke his arm out of fear of COVID. The fact that she wasn't busy lends credence to the virus.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories