IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags jeremy bamber , Julie Mugford , murder cases , Nevill Bamber , Sheila Bamber

Old 13th November 2017, 02:32 AM   #321
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
Have you ever heard of a staged crime scene?

Or perhaps you surmise that after the first shot to Ms Caffell's neck, she took the time to bleed on the Bible found on her body, then shut the Bible, then reopen it and arrange it on herself. After her death she magically cleaned her blood from the rifle barrel (the last shot was a contact wound so blood would have been blown back into the barrel), and deposited her blood into the moderator before replacing it in the gun cupboard. Despite being dead, she slid from an almost flat position with her head propped up on a bedside cabinet to being fully laid down, rucking up her nightdress in the process but then pulling only the front of her nightdress down, leaving it rucked up at the back.
Agatha:
It is a fascinating case due to everything that has followed the obvious fact, Sheila shot her family then herself. Where to begin?
Is Julie Mugford with her brazen and articulate tissue of lies in court to blame, or the authority figures that threatened to ruin her life if she gave the wrong answers?
Does Carol Ann Lee truly believe that a man would hand her everything including his endless interviews and actually have conducted this ghostly exercise of intruding and eluding?
She seems to have been captured by this remarkable hoax, god forgive her.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 03:07 AM   #322
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
Have you ever heard of a staged crime scene?

Or perhaps you surmise that after the first shot to Ms Caffell's neck, she took the time to bleed on the Bible found on her body, then shut the Bible, then reopen it and arrange it on herself. After her death she magically cleaned her blood from the rifle barrel (the last shot was a contact wound so blood would have been blown back into the barrel), and deposited her blood into the moderator before replacing it in the gun cupboard. Despite being dead, she slid from an almost flat position with her head propped up on a bedside cabinet to being fully laid down, rucking up her nightdress in the process but then pulling only the front of her nightdress down, leaving it rucked up at the back.
Don't forget Sheila's feet. Completely clean: no sign of having stepped in blood or the shattered glass all over the kitchen floor.

Even the phone off the hook was staged. None of Neville's boodstains on it at all.

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 08:11 AM   #323
Essexman
Thinker

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Don't forget Sheila's feet. Completely clean: no sign of having stepped in blood or the shattered glass all over the kitchen floor.

Even the phone off the hook was staged. None of Neville's boodstains on it at all.
Did you not read my reply at 320?

PS: There was no "shattered glass all over the kitchen floor" and any call that was made was prior to getting shot.
Essexman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 08:51 PM   #324
Fixit
Critical Thinker

Essexman:

"If you wish to argue that a .22lr rifle is powerful enough to create blood drawback and Jeremy committed the crime with silencer attached there is a big problem with that argument. Reason being one of the twins suffered three contact wounds, yet none of his blood grouping was found in the baffles of the silencer."

Before you quote Di Maio you should be aware that in a recently peer reviewed paper by Di Maio and 2 other authors that examined a suicide with a .22 rifle with a silencer attached, blood was found in the rifle barrel. Furthermore, subsequent firings of a rifle after a contact shot remove or destroy drawn back material. So both your points are wrong. You appear to look for information that supports your point of view without looking further. You may not be interested in the above because it doesn't fit your narrative, and then there is a further point you make which is also wrong - abrasion patterns do occur in close contact shots where a silencer is involved. 3 points out 3 incorrect, indicates you've little idea of what you are talking about. The problem really is because you are incorrect other people reading what you say are misinformed by your opinions, meaning that the narrative is actually fictional and not at all helpful.
Fixit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2017, 06:12 AM   #325
Essexman
Thinker

Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
Before you quote Di Maio you should be aware that in a recently peer reviewed paper by Di Maio and 2 other authors that examined a suicide with a .22 rifle with a silencer attached, blood was found in the rifle barrel. Furthermore, subsequent firings of a rifle after a contact shot remove or destroy drawn back material. So both your points are wrong. You appear to look for information that supports your point of view without looking further. You may not be interested in the above because it doesn't fit your narrative,

On the contrary. Can you please upload this recently peer reviewed paper by Di Maio so I can read it?

PS: If it only mentions one case it does not contradict the results of Di Maios previous conclusions, involving 150 suicide cases via a rifle that show a wide percentage for both blood present and blood absent.

then there is a further point you make which is also wrong - abrasion patterns do occur in close contact shots where a silencer is involved.

I never said abrasion patterns do no occur with a silencer attached. I am well aware that silencers create them.

Last edited by Essexman; 20th November 2017 at 06:31 AM.
Essexman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2017, 11:49 AM   #326
Fixit
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Essexman View Post
On the contrary. Can you please upload this recently peer reviewed paper by Di Maio so I can read it?

PS: If it only mentions one case it does not contradict the results of Di Maios previous conclusions, involving 150 suicide cases via a rifle that show a wide percentage for both blood present and blood absent.

I never said abrasion patterns do no occur with a silencer attached. I am well aware that silencers create them.
Here's the name of the paper and the authors:

Homicide or Suicide? Gunshot Wound Interpretation:
A Bayesian Approach
Rowena Cave, BSc(Hons),* Vincent J. DiMaio, MD,Þ and D. Kimberley Molina, MDÞ

If you have any arguments with DiMaio, Molina, Cave or the those that peer reviewed the paper take it up with them, rather than try to convince other posters that you are right and the scientists are wrong. Also to back up your claims using other wound details that you now admit are also present after contact suicides wounds using a rifle with a silencer is deliberately misleading. It undermines whatever you have written about the case, and I don't really see how you can put that back together. But good luck and watch out for further misinterpretations because there is always someone around to make the lie of them.
Fixit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2017, 01:24 PM   #327
Fixit
Critical Thinker

If the sound moderator is authentic then Jeremy is guilty, Problem is this was "discovered" by his cousins several days afterwards and they stood to inherit the family fortune if Jeremy was convicted. Its suspiciously too convenient whatever way you look at it.

Even some people who believe Jeremy is guilty think the cousins planted residual blood from the crime scene into the sound moderator. its very possible.
Yes, it doesn't overcome all the other difficulties in the Crown's case, it is much like the 'golden bullet' evidence, or miraculous finds that solve a case which formerly had little substance. You will see in the DiMaio report that a 'left hand temple shot', a low percentage indication of a right handed person committing suicide is in the data, but it is supported by other data of suicide. That is the case here imo with the silencer.
Old 21st November 2017, 11:35 AM   #328
Essexman
Thinker

Here's the name of the paper and the authors:

Homicide or Suicide? Gunshot Wound Interpretation:
A Bayesian Approach
Rowena Cave, BSc(Hons),* Vincent J. DiMaio, MD,Þ and D. Kimberley Molina, MDÞ

If you have any arguments with DiMaio, Molina, Cave or the those that peer reviewed the paper take it up with them, rather than try to convince other posters that you are right and the scientists are wrong.
I have just searched through the PDF of that paper. No mention of silencers or suppressors.

Also to back up your claims using other wound details that you now admit are also present after contact suicides wounds using a rifle with a silencer is deliberately misleading. It undermines whatever you have written about the case, and I don't really see how you can put that back together. But good luck and watch out for further misinterpretations because there is always someone around to make the lie of them.
I never contradicted myself in the first place you simply misinterpret or misunderstand what I am saying.

But to clarify on the abrasion/muzzle patterns

Below is a suicide under the chin with a surpressor (only one I could find) the blood has been cleared but you can see the marks it has left

The muzzle marks show that what is being played out bellow cannot have taken place

https://youtu.be/VeLsEeE0zTI?t=1m32s
Old 22nd November 2017, 10:25 PM   #329
Fixit
Critical Thinker

Sorry for that Essexman. You are completely right the case I referred to does not mention a silencer. However, it is one of NZ's most significant Miscarriages of Justice. The example is:

'Bayesian ApplicationVCase Examples
Shot to the Head
A case was presented where a person has died of a rifle
shot.'

This was the alleged murder of Robin Bain by his son David. Of course I had forgotten that the silencer in that case (a home made silencer that was attached with a hose clip) was found on the rifle near the body of Robin is not mentioned in the study. The shot was claimed to have been from a distance, Robin kneeling praying and David hiding behind a curtain to an alcove poking the rifle silently through the curtain and firing the shot. As you will have seen the probability of murder was higher than suicide because it was a left hand temple shot. However there were other problems difficult to overcome, soot and stippling around the wound indicating contact shot, a greater soot spread to one side of the wound where the tight angle contact was reduced, a slightly upward trajectory (meaning David would have had to be lying down to achieve the trajectory,) blood inside the barrel which had travelled through the silencer (induction). I've always thought a close contact murder shot would have resulted in blood in the Bamber rifle, of course not everyone agrees with that for various reasons.

Yes I have seen the photos of Phillip Boyce's experiment earlier using a dead pig, I think it was he that did a similar test for the Bain defence.
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:07 AM   #330
Essexman
Thinker

Sorry for that Essexman. You are completely right the case I referred to does not mention a silencer. However, it is one of NZ's most significant Miscarriages of Justice. The example is:

'Bayesian ApplicationVCase Examples
Shot to the Head
A case was presented where a person has died of a rifle
shot.'

This was the alleged murder of Robin Bain by his son David. Of course I had forgotten that the silencer in that case (a home made silencer that was attached with a hose clip) was found on the rifle near the body of Robin is not mentioned in the study. The shot was claimed to have been from a distance, Robin kneeling praying and David hiding behind a curtain to an alcove poking the rifle silently through the curtain and firing the shot. As you will have seen the probability of murder was higher than suicide because it was a left hand temple shot. However there were other problems difficult to overcome, soot and stippling around the wound indicating contact shot, a greater soot spread to one side of the wound where the tight angle contact was reduced, a slightly upward trajectory (meaning David would have had to be lying down to achieve the trajectory,) blood inside the barrel which had travelled through the silencer (induction). I've always thought a close contact murder shot would have resulted in blood in the Bamber rifle, of course not everyone agrees with that for various reasons.

Yes I have seen the photos of Phillip Boyce's experiment earlier using a dead pig, I think it was he that did a similar test for the Bain defence.
If Robin was holding the gun at a vertical position, gravity may have played a role in blood going down the silencer.

Plus it was a shot to the head, contrary to Sheila being shot in the neck/chin

"It is well known that gunshot wounding can produce fine droplets of blood spattered in a forward direction.
Under certain circumstances blood droplets can also be propelled backwards in a direction against the line of fire.
Although the phenomenon of back spatter of blood is most commonly seen in contact gunshot wounds of the
head
"
Stephens, B. and Allen, T., "Back Spatter of Blood from Gunshot Wounds—Observations and Experimental Simulation," Journal of Forensic Sciences, Vol. 28, No. 2, 1983, pp. 437-439,
Old 1st December 2017, 11:54 AM   #331
Fixit
Critical Thinker

The main factor for Robin's blood entering the rifle was the velocity of the shot and no exit wound, so no where for the blood and brain to exhaust other than through the wound. If you can get any videos (I had some but deleted them when the Bamber case looked to be going no where, and I got busy with something else) slow motion bullet impact you will see spatter. In Bain it rose over a metre onto a curtain of a alcove. Then there is the draw back, with the vacuum draws the nearest air/debris/blood back into the rifle - instantaneously.

Going on Bain to look at Bamber, softer tissue for sure but a main artery nicked so certainly spatter. The question is however, if the silencer was in fact on the rifle there's an argument that there should have also been blood in the barrel.The we go to broken 'forensic safety chain' with the silencer, the number of searches for and so on - something if a Bayes calculation was/could be established, would indicate imo the improbability of the silencer having been on the rifle at that time. Number 1 point why use a silencer anyway. In Robin's case it was already attached to the rifle. There was no silence at WHF that night/morning that is for sure.
Old 10th November 2018, 10:33 AM   #332
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

A new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVR3i2A5-wo

Well worth watching, shows who was rewarded for the deaths.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2019, 07:02 AM   #333
catsmate
No longer the 1

Bump.
As Sampson has attempted to drag the case of convicted murderer Bamber into another thread.
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
This thread is about the new prime minister and the team he has gathered around him. And what they are doing now, and their records. The woman was in favour of the death penalty, which if applied to Bamber would be one of those rare cases of executing an innocent man.
Some but not all deem that unacceptable.
This looks a thoroughly evil administration to me, but I don't need to suffer the consequences.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 03:39 AM   #334
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Bump.
As Sampson has attempted to drag the case of convicted murderer Bamber into another thread.
The imprisonment of Jeremy Bamber is the worst act of the British judiciary in modern times.
There is proof by Holly Goodhead and debated by Charlie Wilkes on IA. Saying you have a close interest in the case is irrelevant, it was a definitive case of murder suicide, in which the suicider misaligned the rifle for the first shot and was able to figure in time how to blow her brains out.
Old 19th August 2019, 11:59 AM   #335
Fixit
Critical Thinker

Jeremy Bamber

This has been a very good thread. [Snip] An excellent potential scenario was developed here that points to Bamber's innocence that was never heard by a Jury. Whatever side of the fence one takes on this case the forensics, the understanding of the forensics has changed as science has moved on - giving Bamber a defence that wasn't appreciated earlier. He deserves to have his case tested again in more modern times. I see one post above that relies on hearsay of what Jeremy's father is suppose to have said about his fear that Jeremy might kill him. That isn't evidence just a biased statement to influence a Jury. No one that thinks Bamber is quilty should object to the case being tested again in Court. As I've written before this case was used to 'explain' how David Bain was guilty - yet he was found not guilty at a retrial for a number of reasons, possibly the primary 1 being beyond reasonable doubt established as to his father having committed suicide.

Edited by Kmortis:  Removed to comply with Rule 12

Last edited by kmortis; 28th August 2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 19th August 2019, 02:15 PM   #336
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Catsmate bumped the thread from elsewhere because he claims a close interest.
I am waiting for his narrative that explains the trajectories of the bullets through the various dead people.
As I pointed out, Holly on IA has given an exhaustive account that shows it could never be Bamber with the gun, so he is innocent.
Old 6th September 2019, 02:00 PM   #337
Essexman
Thinker

I see one post above that relies on hearsay of what Jeremy's father is suppose to have said about his fear that Jeremy might kill him. That isn't evidence just a biased statement to influence a Jury.
Edited by Kmortis:  Removed to comply with Rule 12
This is what Barbra Wilson (the farm secretary) claimed in a 2014 documentary. She made no mentions of it in her 1985 statements and neither mentioned it in any other earlier documentary she appeared in.

Hardly something that would hold up under cross examination even if hearsay was allowed.
Old 8th September 2019, 10:00 AM   #338
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

This is what Barbra Wilson (the farm secretary) claimed in a 2014 documentary. She made no mentions of it in her 1985 statements and neither mentioned it in any other earlier documentary she appeared in.

Hardly something that would hold up under cross examination even if hearsay was allowed.
What she did mention I repost from previously, a transcript

"The N and J Bamber company solicitor Mr Wilson had made Peter Eaton a director of the company without Jeremy's consent. Jeremy had simply believed that Peter Eaton was acting as a manager after the tragedies. Further to this in 1987, the company secretary, Barbara Wilson, approached the police and reported a string of fraudulent activity allegedly carried out by Peter Eaton. This included the following
1. Disposal of farm machinery
2. Sale of a combine harvester.
3. Theft of monies
4. Excessive expenditure
5. Obtaining of discounts using the Bamber company
6. Obtaining of goods being paid for by the Bamber company
7. Using manpower from the estate on his own land
8. Stealing a tractor engine
9. Selling off cattle from the Bamber farm
10. Sale of Jeremy's car and keeping the funds.
Essex police failed to investigate the claims until after the first appeal of Jeremy, as this would ensure that the integrity of a key prosecution witness was not brought into question. It is unclear whether the allegations relate to the time before Jeremy Bamber was taken into police custody."

She must have forgotten after 27 years that the whole family were ratbags, and this includes current resident Anne Eaton.
Old 8th September 2019, 02:11 PM   #339
Essexman
Thinker

What she did mention I repost from previously, a transcript

"The N and J Bamber company solicitor Mr Wilson had made Peter Eaton a director of the company without Jeremy's consent. Jeremy had simply believed that Peter Eaton was acting as a manager after the tragedies. Further to this in 1987, the company secretary, Barbara Wilson, approached the police and reported a string of fraudulent activity allegedly carried out by Peter Eaton. This included the following
1. Disposal of farm machinery
2. Sale of a combine harvester.
3. Theft of monies
4. Excessive expenditure
5. Obtaining of discounts using the Bamber company
6. Obtaining of goods being paid for by the Bamber company
7. Using manpower from the estate on his own land
8. Stealing a tractor engine
9. Selling off cattle from the Bamber farm
10. Sale of Jeremy's car and keeping the funds.
Essex police failed to investigate the claims until after the first appeal of Jeremy, as this would ensure that the integrity of a key prosecution witness was not brought into question. It is unclear whether the allegations relate to the time before Jeremy Bamber was taken into police custody."

She must have forgotten after 27 years that the whole family were ratbags, and this includes current resident Anne Eaton.
This is what Jeremy wrote in 2003 when he tried to claim back half his grandmothers estate.

"I brought this Civil Case in the High Court against my relatives as I was unaware until a couple of years ago that my grandmother had left me 50% of her Estate in her original Will, but changed it shortly before her death to exclude me and leave everything to my Aunt, Pamela Boutflour. This was completely out of character for my grandmother as she had always been scrupulously fair, sharing everything equally between her family and would not have altered her Will without undue influence. There are lots of second and third cousins in the Maldon area who could verify that grandmother had always been fair and honest. The Civil Case shows clearly how the changing of the Will came about and how family members lied about who inherited what in order to mislead the jury at my trial and worse still, at one point even implied that I had also died along with the rest of my family, when they informed my grandmother of the tragedy.

This case is not about the money as I cannot spend any of it anyway until I clear my name and am released from prison. It is about honesty and justice for my grandmother and me and to show that key witnesses at my criminal trial lied to the jury about their true motives for giving the evidence they did against me.

It must be remembered that the defendants in this case are the very same people who gave the sound moderator to the police, discovered scratched and insecure windows at White House Farm, found a bicycle at my house, discovered scratch marks on some paintwork; who in fact found the only evidence that came to be used against me after 42 police officers had already searched everything and yet had not found any of these incriminating things.
"
Old 20th October 2019, 07:22 AM   #340
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

He is attempting another appeal based on apparently new evidence

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...call-evidence/
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2019, 09:10 AM   #341
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post

Not that hoary old chestnut again.

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2019, 09:25 AM   #342
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing

Not that hoary old chestnut again.
Is it not new evidence then?

The various news reports about the phone call have made me think, surely at the time he would have remembered making such a call and it would have been presented as evidence.

(I know very little about this case).
Old 20th October 2019, 09:51 AM   #343
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Originally Posted by Nessie View Post
Is it not new evidence then?

The various news reports about the phone call have made me think, surely at the time he would have remembered making such a call and it would have been presented as evidence.

(I know very little about this case).
I thought the same, especially since the call was supposedly to the police.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2019, 10:00 AM   #344
Elaedith
Master Poster

I vaguely remember a documentary about the case, where a neglected phone call that supposedly was exculpatory was mentioned. I don't know if it's the same one.
Elaedith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2019, 10:06 AM   #345
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Looking at the Torygraph article, he claims his father made a phone call to the police from the farm at 3:26, and he made a call from his house at 3.37. The police and prosecution claimed there was only the one call, by him from the farm at 3.26. The note apparently confirms the second call. Supposedly he couldn’t have travelled the 3.5 miles between the farm and his house in 11 minutes.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2019, 10:31 AM   #346
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing

If the call was missed from the original trial and any appeal, that is, I think, a clear MOJ.
Old 20th October 2019, 07:20 PM   #347
Fixit
Critical Thinker

Whichever side of this case one is on this is good news. Forensic science has come a long way since these crimes and if JB is guilty or not guilty the tests can be applied on the science as it understood today.
Old 21st October 2019, 02:25 AM   #348
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
Looking at the Torygraph article, he claims his father made a phone call to the police from the farm at 3:26, and he made a call from his house at 3.37. The police and prosecution claimed there was only the one call, by him from the farm at 3.26. The note apparently confirms the second call. Supposedly he couldn’t have travelled the 3.5 miles between the farm and his house in 11 minutes.
Jeremy Bamber has cast iron alibis and Theresa May as home secretary ignored them. So will all politicians in England.
I read Ozzie Osbourne's autobiography where he played a concert at Wormwood Scrubs

"and there in the front row was Jeremy Bamber who slaughtered his family"

But he did not. Sheila shot June then Neville then her twins then herself.
Old 21st October 2019, 04:40 AM   #349
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Nessie View Post
If the call was missed from the original trial and any appeal, that is, I think, a clear MOJ.
It has been much discussed since. New evidence has to have the quality of having a reasonable prospect of success in overturning the original verdict as 'unsafe'. I am not sure this meets the criterion as I recall this very issue being discussed in great detail before.

It's a hand written note from the police station and whilst interesting, it doesn't prove anything in particular. What a defence lawyer tries to do is to sow a 'seed of doubt' and hope to have a guilty verdict overturned as unsafe.

I have followed this case and the evidence is overwhelming.

Re Bamber's issue with his claimed 'share of the property', the general theory is that Bamber killed his family in the hope of getting his hands on the ready wealth.

Unfortunately for him, murder or suicide can cancel out an inheritance claim if the motive for the aforesaid is 'gain by dishonest means'.

~ Danzig

Old 22nd October 2019, 01:48 AM   #350
Matthew Best
Penultimate Amazing

I have followed this case and the evidence is overwhelming.
That settles it - he must be innocent.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2019, 02:20 AM   #351
catsmate
No longer the 1

The imprisonment of Jeremy Bamber is the worst act of the British judiciary in modern times.

I think Eddie Gilfoyle, Sally Clark, Michael O'Brien, Darren Hall, Ellis Sherwood, Siôn Jenkins, Steven Miller, Yusef Abdullahi, Tony Paris, Barry George, Barri White, Suzanne Holdsworth and Angela Cannings might disagree.

There is proof by Holly Goodhead and debated by Charlie Wilkes on IA. Saying you have a close interest in the case is irrelevant, it was a definitive case of murder suicide, in which the suicider misaligned the rifle for the first shot and was able to figure in time how to blow her brains out.
Utter rubbish.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2019, 02:22 AM   #352
catsmate
No longer the 1

Catsmate bumped the thread from elsewhere because he claims a close interest.
I am waiting for his narrative that explains the trajectories of the bullets through the various dead people.
As I pointed out, Holly on IA has given an exhaustive account that shows it could never be Bamber with the gun, so he is innocent.
I bumbed the thread because you insisted on dragging your obsession into other threads and derailing them. The facts of Bamber's murders have been discussed here ad infinitum and I have no interest in rehashing them.

If you have any actual evidence feel free to post it, preferably in this thread rather than derailing others.
Old 22nd October 2019, 02:33 AM   #353
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Darat View Post

I say that.
The alleged note is extraordinarily weak justification for a fresh appeal. It is no way addresses the impossibility of the faked suicide of his sister for example. Last years suggestions of an error regarding the testing of the silencer seemed much more viable to me, though still insufficient.
Old 22nd October 2019, 02:36 AM   #354
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
That settles it - he must be innocent.
Now, now s/he could be right once.
Old 22nd October 2019, 01:41 PM   #355
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I think Eddie Gilfoyle, Sally Clark, Michael O'Brien, Darren Hall, Ellis Sherwood, Siôn Jenkins, Steven Miller, Yusef Abdullahi, Tony Paris, Barry George, Barri White, Suzanne Holdsworth and Angela Cannings might disagree.

Utter rubbish.
In which way do you consider Siôn Jenkins innocent?

~ Danzig

Old 22nd October 2019, 03:14 PM   #356
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

In which way do you consider Siôn Jenkins innocent?
Looks good for new thread on quick wiki read.
Old 23rd October 2019, 09:55 AM   #357
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing

Was this phone call used as evidence at the trial?

Old 24th October 2019, 01:24 AM   #358
Fixit
Critical Thinker

I say that.
The alleged note is extraordinarily weak justification for a fresh appeal. It is no way addresses the impossibility of the faked suicide of his sister for example. Last years suggestions of an error regarding the testing of the silencer seemed much more viable to me, though still insufficient.
You're confusing your opinion with evidence. There is evidence that it was suicide and it is not uncommon for police to blame a defendant of 'fixing' evidence that points away from them. I expect the English Courts will not be unaware of the unlikelihood that something Jeremy claimed about a phone call is evidence important to a Jury. I also expect that it unlikely that an English Court would not consider the arguable new evidence on it's own, but also in combination of forensic evidence regarding the death of Jeremy's sister, which in the modern time is probable suicide. That she just happened to have mental illness adds to the odd combination that is asserted as being proof of Jeremy's guilt. I can understand your feelings about this case, but they clearly blind you.
Old 25th October 2019, 12:42 AM   #359
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

You're confusing your opinion with evidence. There is evidence that it was suicide and it is not uncommon for police to blame a defendant of 'fixing' evidence that points away from them. I expect the English Courts will not be unaware of the unlikelihood that something Jeremy claimed about a phone call is evidence important to a Jury. I also expect that it unlikely that an English Court would not consider the arguable new evidence on it's own, but also in combination of forensic evidence regarding the death of Jeremy's sister, which in the modern time is probable suicide. That she just happened to have mental illness adds to the odd combination that is asserted as being proof of Jeremy's guilt. I can understand your feelings about this case, but they clearly blind you.
Being schizophrenic does not make you a murderer. You could just as equally say Jeremy Bamber having been adopted had some kind of rogue criminal gene in his make up.

~ Danzig

Old 25th October 2019, 01:51 AM   #360
Fixit
Critical Thinker

Being schizophrenic does not make you a murderer. You could just as equally say Jeremy Bamber having been adopted had some kind of rogue criminal gene in his make up.
"Recent twin studies show persuasive evidence that both genetic and environmental factors contribute to antisocial behaviour. However the genetic evidence indicates that there is no single gene, or even a small number of genes, that predict an increased risk of antisocial behaviour.Nov 9, 2017"

Fortunately the Court won't speculate if Jeremy achieves a new appeal. On the face of it he has strong evidence as to the probability of a 2nd call - so his account becomes more credible. There is also fresh forensic evidence, or I should say freshly understood.

When police make accusations about staged crime scenes in cases of false convictions it is to explain evidence pointing away from an accused. The falsely accused get blamed in every way possible - just like you and a rogue criminal gene you imagined.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors