IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Denmark cases , murder cases , Peter Madsen

Old 10th March 2018, 09:53 AM   #121
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Professor i psykologi om Peter Madsens sind: ’Det er det skrappeste jeg har set’ (B.T., Mar. 9, 2018)
Psychology professor about Peter Madsen’s mind: ’It’s the worst I’ve seen’

Quote:
Med sit kendskab til Nautilus UC3 køber Jens Falkenberg ikke historien.
»Jeg tror ikke, at Peter fortæller sandheden,« siger 58-årige Falkenberg. Da han er indkaldt som vidne i retssagen, vil han endnu ikke gå i detaljer med, hvorfor Madsens forklaring ikke kan passe.
Peter Madsens advokat Betina Hald Engmark har ingen kommentarer til Jens Falkenbergs udsagn.
Peter Madsens ven og ubådsbygger: Jeg tror ikke på den her kuliltehistorie (B.T., Mar. 9, 2018)
”With his knowledge of the Nautilus UC3 Jens Falkenberg doesn’t believe in the story (about carbonmonoxide poisoning).
“I don’t think that Peter is telling the truth,” says Falkenberg, 58. Since he is summoned as a witness in the trial, he won’t go into details about why Madsen’s explanation can’t be true.
Peter Madsen’s lawyer Betina Hald Engmark has no comments to Jens Falkenberg’s statement.”

Fotograf om billedet af Peter Madsen der afslørede blod i ansigtet: Jeg anede det ikke (B.T., Mar. 9, 2018)
Photographer about the photo of Peter Madsen that revealed blood on his face: I had no idea
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:23 AM   #122
dann
Penultimate Amazing

According to the coroner, the stab wounds in the genital area of the deceased are not consistent with Peter Madsen's explanation that they were inflicted 6-7 hours after she died. Some of them seem to have happened immediately before or after the time of death.
I don't know why carbon-monoxide poisoning as a possible cause of death wasn't mentioned at all.
Retsmediciner sår tvivl om Madsens forklaring (Ekstra Bladet, Mar. 22, 2018)
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:41 AM   #123
Belz...
Fiend God

Madsen lied? Wow, colour me shocked.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 02:32 AM   #124
Octavo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Madsen lied? Wow, colour me shocked.
A revolting comment.
Old 23rd March 2018, 05:19 AM   #125
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Really disgusting stuff (BT, Mar. 23, 2018)
Old 23rd March 2018, 05:47 AM   #126
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Octavo View Post
A revolting comment.
Shut up, Octavo.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:08 AM   #127
erwinl
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dann View Post
Really disgusting stuff (BT, Mar. 23, 2018)
Indeed. No doubt about it.

What does the last sentence mean?
I'm taking it through Google translate.

Does it mean he decided to dismember the dead body afterwards (in a state of shock), or that he decided to mate (make love? this is what Google Translate gives me) with the dead body afterwards?
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:27 AM   #128
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, dismember! That's an awful translation.
"partere" = dissect
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:42 AM   #129
erwinl
Illuminator

Yes, dismember! That's an awful translation.
"partere" = dissect
I suspected as well.

But in this case, the outrageous translation could belong to the possibilities of what has happened on that sub. So I had to ask.

Thanks for clearing this up.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:56 AM   #130
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Latest from the trial:
Quote:
- You also say that Peter said that he was a psychopath. Did he say anything else about that? the attorney says.
- He said that he was a compassionate psychopath, the witness says.
(Ekstra Bladet, Mar. 23, 2018)
Old 25th March 2018, 11:05 AM   #131
Ampulla of Vater
Illuminator

Thanks, Dann, for keeping us informed.
Ampulla of Vater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2018, 08:19 AM   #132
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Peter Madsen may be a serial killer after all.
He gave an interview in the afternoon of Aug. 10, 2017.

Quote:
- In the interview he started talking about needing to learn to shut up about things because he found it difficult to keep certain things to himself, the witness says.
- Then he used the analongy that he was the main suspect of the homicide of his wife’s neighbour. He started to talk about having the right to remain silent, she continues.
(msn.com, Mar. 26, 2018)
Old 26th March 2018, 11:51 PM   #133
erwinl
Illuminator

It's getting weirder and weirder.
Old 27th March 2018, 03:20 AM   #134
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, it is.

I forgot the link to the Danish article.
Old 27th March 2018, 08:58 AM   #135
KDLarsen
Philosopher

One thing that can be concluded following today's hearing: Peter Madsen enjoyed watching execution videos - including authentic ones.

It got to the point, where the law judge first asked for a break, then later following up by asking the prosecutor to sort in the videos so they wouldn't have to watch so many of them. The prosecutor replied that they had already been sorted, and that he was only showing the ones necessary to prove his case.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2018, 02:37 PM   #136
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

While I have followed this thread since the beginning, and read the links, I may have still missed the answer to something I'm curious about.

Is much known about his his history, the family dynamics in which he was raised, any family health issues, prior relationships with people and those types of background information?

This is an interesting case. Complex and full of questions waiting to have answers. Compelling and horrific.
Old 29th March 2018, 07:39 AM   #137
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
While I have followed this thread since the beginning, and read the links, I may have still missed the answer to something I'm curious about.

Is much known about his his history, the family dynamics in which he was raised, any family health issues, prior relationships with people and those types of background information?

This is an interesting case. Complex and full of questions waiting to have answers. Compelling and horrific.
This is a court case, no a psychiatric case. Once we find out what he has done and taken the necessary precautions according to that, then it might be figured out why he did it, and whether something can be done bout it.

Hans
Old 29th March 2018, 07:48 AM   #138
Arcade22
Philosopher

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
One thing that can be concluded following today's hearing: Peter Madsen enjoyed watching execution videos - including authentic ones.

It got to the point, where the law judge first asked for a break, then later following up by asking the prosecutor to sort in the videos so they wouldn't have to watch so many of them. The prosecutor replied that they had already been sorted, and that he was only showing the ones necessary to prove his case.
Apparently the public is not allowed to view this evidence... outrageous! Witnesses that cannot be named and witness cross-examination behind closed doors... this clearly a farce!

And no, Cuba is not a brutal and corrupt dictatorship, and it's definitely less so than Sweden. - dann

Last edited by Arcade22; 29th March 2018 at 07:50 AM.
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2018, 08:34 AM   #139
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

See, this one scares the **** out of me.

That guy Madsen has to be completely crazy. How did he think for a moment that he could get away with this act? The boyfriend knew where Wall was going. He expected her back in 2 hours. There was absolutely no way she could "disappear" during that time without Madsen being implicated. No conceivable scenario whatsoever. Had I been in her shoes, I would have probably felt safe for that reason alone. "Well, this guy's leering at me a bit, but he can't hurt me. Everyone would know it was him in a second."

Apparently that doesn't matter when a disturbed person's urges get the better of him. Academically, I guess I knew that - but seeing it played out in this case twists my guts into knots. I wish I never had to leave my house again when I read about things like this. It's just so awful.

I wonder if Madsen would have hurt the boyfriend too, had he come along, or if such "crimes of passion" are only conceivable for him when the physical odds are completely unmatched. I suspect the latter. What a sick, crazy coward.

I can't believe I used to hitchhike all the time when I was younger and wilder. I must have been high. Yeah, I know, most people are good and wouldn't harm me. But all you have to do is run into that ONE bad apple, like poor Wall did. Had I been equally unfortunate, I would have effectively gift-wrapped myself for said monster. I'm worse than useless in any physical altercation, unless I suppose, my assailant is a small child. With hemophilia.

Last edited by Butter!; 29th March 2018 at 08:35 AM.
Butter! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2018, 12:15 PM   #140
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post

That guy Madsen has to be completely crazy. How did he think for a moment that he could get away with this act? The boyfriend knew where Wall was going. He expected her back in 2 hours. There was absolutely no way she could "disappear" during that time without Madsen being implicated. No conceivable scenario whatsoever. Had I been in her shoes, I would have probably felt safe for that reason alone. "Well, this guy's leering at me a bit, but he can't hurt me. Everyone would know it was him in a second." altercation, unless I suppose, my assailant is a small child. With hemophilia.
And even if we take his explanation at face value, he's bat crazy: I mean ... you are in territorial waters, max twenty minutes from the nearest port. You passenger dies from an accident and .... you cut her up and throw the body parts in the sea with weights tied to them ...

Hans
Old 29th March 2018, 09:48 PM   #141
Octavo
Illuminator

Take comfort from the fact that this kind of crazy is so rare it's always a big news story.
Old 29th March 2018, 10:07 PM   #142
Octavo
Illuminator

Take comfort from the fact that this kind of crazy is so rare it's always a big news story.
I guess what I'm saying is that if you're ever the victim of a freak, we'll all be able to cash in on interviews.

"Yeah Anderson, as I was saying before the break, she was a lovely woman, despite her rather racist appropriation of dreadlocks. Just lovely otherwise. What happened to her was tragic, just tragic. I'm sure that if she'd just been carrying a portable swimming pool with her, this would never have happened."
Old 30th March 2018, 06:41 AM   #143
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

I guess what I'm saying is that if you're ever the victim of a freak, we'll all be able to cash in on interviews.

"Yeah Anderson, as I was saying before the break, she was a lovely woman, despite her rather racist appropriation of dreadlocks. Just lovely otherwise. What happened to her was tragic, just tragic. I'm sure that if she'd just been carrying a portable swimming pool with her, this would never have happened."
Actual morning LOL! Thanks, I needed that.
Butter! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 03:37 PM   #144
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
Apparently the public is not allowed to view this evidence... outrageous! Witnesses that cannot be named and witness cross-examination behind closed doors... this clearly a farce!
I hope you forgot to include a sarcasm emoji in the above.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2018, 12:09 AM   #145
KDLarsen
Philosopher

Interesting day yesterday, as some of the scenarios Peter Madsen has sketched out were given their day in court, so to speak.

The first expert witness was a Royal Danish Navy lieutenant commander with a technical knowledge of submarines (worth noting that the RDNY phased out submarines in 2004). Had a bit of back-and-forth with the defense counsel over whether or not her expertise in military submarines could be translated to small, private submarines. The witness largely won that battle, especially when she pointed out that the scenarios proposed by Peter Madsen, would have resulted in telltale signs inside the submarine - signs that were entirely missing. She also noted that Peter Madsen's scenario, in which he was 'locked out' of the submarine for 10-15 minutes due to pressure build-up inside, made no sense, as he would have been unable to equalise the pressure from the outside. It would only have been doable from the inside.

The second expert witness was from the Danish Technological Institute, who confirmed that the calculations Peter Madsen had presented in favour of his scenarios were largely correct, but that he had failed to take into the account the heat this would have created. As the medical examiner noted in her testimony, there were no signs of heat damage in the tissue that was recovered.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2018, 05:21 AM   #146
dann
Penultimate Amazing

That guy Madsen has to be completely crazy. How did he think for a moment that he could get away with this act?

I don't think he did. He probably considered committing suicide after 'living out the (extremely sick) dream', but chickened out.

Quote:
I wonder if Madsen would have hurt the boyfriend too, had he come along, or if such "crimes of passion" are only conceivable for him when the physical odds are completely unmatched.

Probably. In the weeks before the murder, he appears to have invited several women to take a trip with him in the submarine, insisting that they'd have to come alone.

Quote:
But all you have to do is run into that ONE bad apple, like poor Wall did.

And if you do run into one of those, I'm not sure that superior physical strength will help you much. It doesn't take much preparation to disable somebody who's stronger than you: weapons, drugs etc. But they are very few and very far between. In Denmark they are usually caught after killing one or two, i.e. before they manage to become real serial killers. I can only think of a couple of (potential) serial killers in Denmark in the past 50 years.
Danish serial killers - where are they?

I don't know why, but it seems as if serial killers with a Danish background tend to be connected to the USA:
The most evil Danish serial killers
Peter Lundin

Last edited by dann; 4th April 2018 at 05:46 AM.
Old 4th April 2018, 05:24 AM   #147
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Stik, selvmord, voldtægt og tortur er nogle af de ord, som politiet har fundet i Madsens søgehistorik, fortæller Jakob Buch-Jepsen. Desuden har Peter Madsen søgt på henrettelsesvideoer fra Islamisk Stat.
Decapitation, stabbing and torture were part of Madsen’s browser history (msn.com, Mar. 4, 2018)

"Stabbing, suicide, rape and torture were some of the words that the police have found in Madsen’s search history, says Jakob Buch-Jepsen. Furthermore, Madsen has browsed for execution videos from ISIS.”

I don’t think he’s suspected of planning to convert!
Old 4th April 2018, 05:35 AM   #148
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Some ...

Quote:
Madsen’s parents split when he was six. He went to live with his 69-year-old innkeeper father – who Madsen would later compare to the commander of a Nazi concentration camp for the cruelty he had inflicted on his half-brothers. But his father encouraged his son’s obsessions with rockets, submarines and balloons, even building him a workshop at their home in a small village 100km west of Copenhagen.
By the time he was 15, Madsen was devoted to his projects to the exclusion of all else, with little in the way of a social life, and after he turned 18, no time to complete his engineering studies or get a normal job. When he came to Refshaleøen in around 2004, aged 33, to finish building his second submarine, Kraka, it transformed him.
(…)
Madsen, in his early 30s, became involved in group sex and alternative swingers’ events, a preference which is likely to feature prominently in his upcoming trial.
“He enjoyed talking about it, so we all knew that he was promiscuous, but we all thought it was in a respectful way,” the artist says. “He was a sadist. He would call himself a sadist.”
A Copenhagen killing: the story behind the submarine murder (The Guardian, Jan. 8, 2018)

There's more in the article.
Old 6th April 2018, 09:03 AM   #149
kali1137
Master Poster

These cases always make me wonder how much has to do with upbringing and how much to do with their nature. It would be easy to see how his home life could have led him down this path but there had to be a mental issue also. A lot of people have bad childhoods and don't turn out this way.

My gut feeling on this is that if the boyfriend had agreed to come along, I think he still would have tried to attack them both. I believe his mind was made up and he would have gone for it either way.

Thank you guys for keeping us updated, for the articles, and for the translations. It is much appreciated.
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2018, 10:03 AM   #150
dann
Penultimate Amazing

There are many ways of dealing (mentally) with an oppressor, but the two major ones are
1) to despise him and his methods, including the weakness that's usually at the bottom of that kind of behavior; to long for a future when he no longer holds sway over you; to consider how to fight oppression. The balance of power in a child-adult relationship doesn't enable this consideration as long as the child is very young and small.
2) to identify with him, despise his victim(s), and learn: Aha, that's the way to do it! And to dream of a future when you are the one who's in control!

The scenario of your gut feeling is not entirely improbable: at least one of the videos that have been described was about a couple where the murderer ties up the woman before making her watch as he kills the man before killing her.
However, as far as I know, poison and drugs were never mentioned in this case at all, as part of his fantasies, his search history, at his workshop or at the submarine, and Madsen doesn't appear to be big and strong. At least he doesn't in the photos where you see him next to the police.
Old 6th April 2018, 11:51 AM   #151
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Some ...

There's more in the article.
Thank you. It was interesting, but still begs the question, why?

I believe all of us have either known someone with terrible childhoods, full of abuse, or have been those children. Other then brain dysfunction, I don't understand.
Old 6th April 2018, 10:40 PM   #152
dann
Penultimate Amazing

I think it’s just a much more extreme version of what I find difficult to understand:
What makes some people want to have sex with unwilling 'partners'?
Old 7th April 2018, 05:59 AM   #153
dann
Penultimate Amazing

I hadn’t noticed this detail before. From the forensic report on his mental state:

Quote:
»Han har indgående forklaret, at han identificerer sig med ofrene og tænder på at blive misbrugt og voldtaget af kvinder med mandlige kønsorganer.«
Psykologerklæring om Peter Madsen: Han ville gennemføre retssagen af ren nysgerrighed (Jyllands-Posten, Apr. 5, 2018)

”He has explained in detail that he identifies with the vitims and is turned on by being abused by she-males/women with male genitalia.”
Psychology report about Peter Madsen: He wanted to finish the case because he was curiout about it
Old 8th April 2018, 12:07 AM   #154
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Is much known about his his history, the family dynamics in which he was raised, any family health issues, prior relationships with people and those types of background information?.

Here in his own words:

Quote:
His mother was 36 years younger than his father, an innkeeper he has described as authoritarian and violent. His parents divorced when he was six, and Madsen went to live with his father.
"When I think about my father, I think how children in Germany must have felt if their dad was a commandant in a concentration camp. How does it feel to know your own father is a villain?" Madsen said in a 2014 biography written by journalist Thomas Djursing.
(…)
He is described by Djursing as "not violent", and he "doesn't drink, doesn't take drugs".
Friends say he is uncompromising, doesn't like being contradicted and has frequent mood swings.
"He is angry with God and everyone," Djursing told Danish daily Jyllands-Posten on August 14.
"Conflict has followed him his whole life. He has a hard time getting along with other people – he has lofty ambitions and wants to do everything his way."
On August 16, his half-brother Benny Langkjaer Egeso told Swedish daily Expressen that Madsen "is very strange and that turns him into his own greatest enemy right now".
Friend and submarine colleague Gwaino Razz also told Expressen that Madsen "is unique, but he's not a social person".
Peter Madsen: Danish inventor with a rocky past (The Sun Daily, August 24, 2017)

Unfortunately, something has been lost (or maybe too much added) in the translation of the Danish idiom "Gud og hvermand". It literally translates to "God and everybody," but it is not related to religion at all!
It can be compared to the literal translation of the idiom "losing my religion"!
I bet that song has given rise to a whole lot of misunderstandings. And the video didn't help!
Old 8th April 2018, 03:32 AM   #155
dann
Penultimate Amazing

More about Peter Madsen’s temper:

Quote:
Ifølge Niels Foldager endte Peter Madsens tid i Copenhagen Suborbitals, fordi han var for egenrådig og ustabil.
- Vi kunne ikke fortsætte samarbejdet med ham på grund af ustabilitet, manglende overholdelse af aftaler på alle niveauer, udtalt egenrådighed, koleriske anfald, hvor han smider med ting og tilsidesættelse af basale sikkerhedsregler. Så vi savner ham absolut ikke, fortæller Niels Foldager. Madsens tidligere raket-ven: Vi savner ham absolut ikke (Ekstra Bladet, Aug. 28, 2017)

”According to Niels Foldager, Peter Madsen’s time in Copenhagen Suborbitals ended because he was too recalcitrant and unstable.
- We could not continue our cooperation with him because he was unstable, didn't comply with agreements on all levels, exhibited significant recalcitrance and had choleric fits where he throws things and disregards basic safety regulation. So we definitely do not miss him, says Niels Foldager.”

You can probably compare his behaviour at the workshop to that of the new National Security Adviser:

Quote:
In his various government jobs, Bolton was known as hot-tempered and volatile and quick to belittle employees. One former employee recalled him throwing a stapler at a subordinate.
John Bolton's take-no-prisoners style may prove problematic in the White House
(Los Angeles Times, Mar. 23, 2018)

However, this appears to have been a little exaggerated. Apparently it was just a tape dispenser. It's a good to know that Bolton won't be able to throw anything lethal at anybody from now on ...
Old 22nd April 2018, 04:55 AM   #156
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Verdict on Wednesday:

Quote:
“In a case like this where you don’t have any witnesses, it’s very important that the defendant is trustworthy, and he was in the beginning,” Stage said. “But every time the police came up with something new, he had to make a new explanation, and this has happened so many times that he’s not trustworthy any more.”
The verdict is due on Wednesday.
‘Everyone is following it’: millions gripped by Kim Wall murder trial as verdict near (The Guardian, Apr. 22, 2018)
Old 22nd April 2018, 06:19 AM   #157
SpitfireIX
Philosopher

Is "trustworthy" a good translation? "Credible" seems more likely to me. I'm only asking because it relates to my main point, which is that I don't think he was ever credible, even before her body was discovered.
Old 22nd April 2018, 08:23 AM   #158
dann
Penultimate Amazing

You're right, I think. I don't know if it's a translation, but a Dane speaking English may tend to use the word trustworthy more often than credible (or reliable) when thinking of the Danish word troværdig because they are so similar in form rather than meaning.
Old 24th April 2018, 06:07 AM   #159
dann
Penultimate Amazing

I don't know how interesting Madsen's IQ is in this context, but it's probably not the IQ that you would expect to find in a rocket scientist ...

”Cognitive tests have shown that Peter Madsen has an IQ of 111, corresponding to the upper ordinary level.”

Quote:
Kognitive prøver har vist, at Peter Madsen har en intelligenskvotient (IQ) på 111, hvilket svarer til den øvre del af normalområdet.
Mentalerklæring: Så høj er Peter Madsens IQ (B.T., Apr. 23, 2018)
Old 24th April 2018, 06:27 AM   #160
erwinl
Illuminator

I don't know how interesting Madsen's IQ is in this context, but it's probably not the IQ that you would expect to find in a rocket scientist ...

”Cognitive tests have shown that Peter Madsen has an IQ of 111, corresponding to the upper ordinary level.”
Is it possible for an IQ test to be 'distorted' by 'defects' in the brain in certain areas, but not in others?
I mean. Say brilliant in Maths and Chemistry, but not so good in other areas of knowledge and thus middling out into something more above average as opposed to a high IQ?

Serious question. I have never really looked into IQ tests and whether they differentiate in this.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors