IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Denmark cases , murder cases , Peter Madsen

Old 21st September 2018, 12:27 AM   #201
KDLarsen
Philosopher

I can't imagine there will be much more to add, once the high court announces the verdict. As the case has been decided in the county and high courts, an appeal to the supreme court would require permission from the Appeals Permission Board, and on the face of it I can't imagine what would cause them to approve it.

As it's only the sentence that has been appealed, we already know that Peter Madsen will be going away for a very long time (by Danish standards, anyway), and if the case of Peter Lundin is anything to go by, only the tabloids will take a remote interest in the future happenings around him.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2018, 05:28 AM   #202
dann
Penultimate Amazing

The tabloids will continue to supply you with what they consider it to be your 'right to know': new girlfriends, assaults by other inmates etc.
Peter Madsen overfaldet i fængslet: Sådan skete det (Sep. 6, 2018) "Peter Madsen attacked in jail: This is what happened"
Peter Lundin overfaldet igen (Apr. 16, 2002) "Peter Lundin attacked again"
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2018, 08:13 AM   #203
KDLarsen
Philosopher

Which I why I don't bother with tabloids in the first place.

It's polishing my own halo perhaps, but I haven't read Ekstra Bladet or been to their website for well over 3 years now.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2018, 10:19 AM   #204
dann
Penultimate Amazing

I think it's important to know what the majority of the population read and watch. And in the case of guys like Peter Madsen and Peter Lundin, there are actually aspects of their personalities and behaviour that aren't really covered by serious newsmedia, all the sloppy details that make them what they are. There are even aspects of the penal system in Denmark that you also wouldn't know about if you read only Information or Weekendavisen. They may tell you every little detail about people like Milena Penkowa, but the details in cases like that are of little concern to the people who read the tabloids. They have nothing to do with that world.
People of a certain class don't really need to know about those details in the cases of Peter Madsen and Peter Lundin. And, unfortunately, people of the lower classes tend to revel in them and lose sight of the bigger picture. There's a reason why ordinary people love to read about outlaw bikers, which is the reason why tabloids like Ekstra Bladet are full of stories about them - and often behind pay walls because people are so eager to read about them.
The current gang shoot outs (in peaceful Denmark) take place at Nørrebro, not Gentofte ...
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2018, 03:44 PM   #205
KDLarsen
Philosopher

Just to set the record straight, I'm currently living in Vollsmose and working a lower class job that is under a beginning threat of automation. I don't read either Information or Weekendavision, I get my news from Jyllands-Posten and DR. My decision not to read Ekstra Bladet has nothing to do with class snobbery, it's a decision based on some of their editiorial decisions over the years, which eventually culminated in my decision to boycott them.
Old 23rd September 2018, 12:15 AM   #206
dann
Penultimate Amazing

You misunderstand me if you think that what I described was class snobbery. For instance, I don't see my colleagues reading B.T. or Ekstra Bladet, not because they are snobs, but because they just aren't interested in the things they write about. (In the teachers' lounge we have Politiken, Berlingske and Information.)

Recently, I have been pretty disappointed with the Danish media in general. They very soon picked up the stories in the New York Times about alleged microwave weapons in Cuba and one week later when NBC News claimed that Russia was behind the attacks, but when the Washington Post interviewed actual scientists about the validity of the microwave idea, it wasn't mentioned in the Danish papers at all (= I haven't found it anywhere).

And this is how DR treated it: Forskere mistænker mikrobølgevåben i sagen om mystiske hjerneskader hos diplomater i Cuba (Sep. 3, 2018) They didn't mention it one week later when the WP debunked the story.
Ingeniøren is the only one that has been consistently reliable in this context: Forskere graver i lydangreb på amerikanske diplomater (April 23, 2018) Not because they are interested in Cuba-U.S relations, but because they are interested in the technological implications of the different ideas that have been presented!

And it's probably not even a question of bias when DR doesn't follow up on the NYT story. It's probably a lack of interest: 'It's Cuba. Who really cares what's going on?!'
In the USA, the Miami Herald has presented news about this case that you wouldn't find in other newspapers. Not because they are biased in favour of Cuba in Miami. On the contrary. But they are interested enough in the theme to do a little investigative journalism so they discover things that other newspapers just don't care enough about. Reporting what Tillerson or Pompeo claims seems to be what journalism amounts to in most cases.
Old 26th September 2018, 06:02 AM   #207
KDLarsen
Philosopher

The high court has confirmed the sentence of life imprisonment.
Old 26th September 2018, 11:54 PM   #208
dann
Penultimate Amazing

He also has to pay reparations to Kim Wall's parents and her fiancee.
Danish appeals court upholds submarine killer's life sentence (The Local, Sep. 26, 2018)
Kim Wall murder: Peter Madsen loses appeal against life term (BBC, Sep. 26, 2018)
Madsen’s life sentence to stand rules high court (CPH Post, Sep. 26, 2018)
Old 11th October 2018, 07:58 AM   #209
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Hollywood Reporter today:

Quote:
Lindholm will dramatize the murder investigation of Swedish journalist Kim Wall, the so-called submarine murder, together with the man who solved it, homicide detective Jens Moller.
’Borgen,’ ’Mindhunter’ Writer Tobias Lindholm to Adapt Kim Wall Murder as Miniseries
Old 27th October 2019, 02:56 AM   #210
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Nu kommer TV-serien om mordet på Kim Wall – men en af sagens centrale personer er slet ikke med (Berlingske, Oct. 7, 2019)
‘Now the TV series about the murder of Kim Wall will be produced – but one of the central characters of the case does not appear in it at all.’

The series focuses on the investigation of the crime. That Peter Madsen does not appear in the series, i.e. that no actor playing Peter Madsen appears, is in accordance with the wishes of Kim Wall's parents.

Earlier this year, an inmate, apparently another psychopath, attempted to stab Peter Madsen but failed:
Retssag om overfald på Peter Madsen udsat: Tvivl om straf til 28-årig (Ekstra Bladet, Sep. 2, 2019)

Last edited by dann; 27th October 2019 at 02:58 AM.
Old 27th October 2019, 11:26 AM   #211
Rolfe
Adult human female

If they can manage to make a good drama without casting someone as him, I think that would certainly be for the best.
Old 30th October 2019, 08:05 AM   #212
dann
Penultimate Amazing

I think so too. One problem with (usually serial) killer movies is that they tend to make the perpetrators much more interesting, intelligent (and sometimes even likable) than they are in real life. They avoid that problem with this approach to the story.
But a problem that I do see with their approach is that it was so very obvious from the very beginning who killed Kim Wall, so I can't imagine how they will make the investigation interesting. They didn't have to look beyond the first suspect, who immediately began to contradict himself. What they needed to do was to find the body in order to prove that it was not an accident as he claimed, so it will probably be a very unconventional production.
And since it happened in the summertime, it will be more difficult than usual to turn it into Nordic noir ...
Old 3rd November 2019, 11:07 AM   #213
dann
Penultimate Amazing

The Danish actor Søren Malling (Wikipedia) will be playing the leader of the investigation, but at first he didn't want the job:

Quote:
When they told Søren Malling in more detail about The Investigation, he said yes to the role.
"They told me that it wasn't about 'him' at all. Or, yes, it was, but he doesn't appear in the series. And the girl doesn't appear as a dismembered corpse. It is exclusively about the homicide department of the Copenhagen police, and about how the leader of the department sacrifices six months of his life on the case," says Søren Malling.
Søren Malling spiller drabschef i TV2's Kim Wall-serie: 'Derfor sagde jeg først nej' (B.T., Oct. 31, 2019)
Old 13th January 2020, 10:30 AM   #214
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Like in so many of these cases, somebody married the convicted murderer, a Russian woman living in Finnland, so I guess there aren't an awful lot of conjugal visits:

Quote:
"Jeg elsker og respekterer min mand. Jeg er stolt af ham og 49 år af hans både menneskelige og professionelle liv - med undtagelse af én dag som var og altid vil være en tragedie".
(...)
"At kende ham giver mig en eksklusiv ret til at kunne sige, at jeg er heldig for at være sammen med den smukkeste, klogeste, mest talentfulde, dedikerede og empatiske person og mand overhovedet".
"Min mand er et af to ofre for hans forbrydelse, og at forblive i live var straf i sig selv for ham, ikke en belønning, ikke held "
Nu tager Peter Madsens nye kone ham i forsvar (SE og Hør, Jan. 13, 2020)

My translation:
"I love and respect my husband. I am proud of him and 49 years of his both human and professional life - except for one day, which was and will always remain a tragedy."
(...)
"To know him gives me an exclusive right to say that I am lucky to bee with the most beautiful, the wisest, the most talented, dedicated and empathic person and man that exists."
"My husband is one of two victims of his crime, and to stay alive was punishment enough for him, not a reward, not luck."
Now Peter Madsen's New Wife defends him
Old 13th January 2020, 10:43 AM   #215
erlando
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dann View Post
Like in so many of these cases, somebody married the convicted murderer, a Russian woman living in Finnland, so I guess there aren't an awful lot of conjugal visits:

My translation:
"I love and respect my husband. I am proud of him and 49 years of his both human and professional life - except for one day, which was and will always remain a tragedy."
(...)
"To know him gives me an exclusive right to say that I am lucky to bee with the most beautiful, the wisest, the most talented, dedicated and empathic person and man that exists."
"My husband is one of two victims of his crime, and to stay alive was punishment enough for him, not a reward, not luck."
She can **** right off together (or apart) with her husband. Empathic? Yeah, just no. He turned out to be a sociopathic monster.
Old 13th January 2020, 11:15 AM   #216
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

My translation:
(...)
Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people like this woman? I don't have any sympathy for them. I understand that they're probably the way they are due to some psychological damage or another, but it's just too much for me to excuse, even on those grounds. Using those adjectives to describe this man is an affront to everyone connected with his victim. What a heartless, confused lunatic.

I agree with erlando, she can **** right off.
Butter! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2020, 04:06 PM   #217
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Probably a lunatic rather than heartless, I think, but I don't know.
Most articles about this are in Danish or Swedish, but I found two in English:
Piece killer Peter Madsen: submarine captain marries Russian activist in prison – news abroad (EN24, Jan. 13, 2020) With photo.
Dismembered journalist inventor married a Russian-born (Hand of Moscow, Jan. 13, 2020) Also with photo. Language pretty weird, not just the title.

ETA: More photos, text in Danish: Morderen Peter Madsen er blevet gift i fængslet med den russiske kunstner og aktivist Jenny Curpen (Document, Jan. 12, 2020)

Last edited by dann; 13th January 2020 at 04:12 PM.
Old 14th January 2020, 07:40 AM   #218
dann
Penultimate Amazing

U-Boot-Mörder Madsen heiratet Russin im Knast (Kieler Nachrichten, Jan. 13, 2020)
U-Boot-Mörder Peter Madsen hat geheiratet (RTL, Jan. 13, 2020)
U-Boot-Kapitän heiratet russische Aktivistin im Knast (Bild, Jan. 13, 2020)
Danish entrepreneur who killed journalist on board submarine gets married (7News, Jan. 14, 2020)
Old 14th January 2020, 08:45 AM   #219
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people like this woman? I don't have any sympathy for them. I understand that they're probably the way they are due to some psychological damage or another, but it's just too much for me to excuse, even on those grounds. Using those adjectives to describe this man is an affront to everyone connected with his victim. What a heartless, confused lunatic.

I agree with erlando, she can **** right off.
As noted by dann this is far from uncommon. The desire to marry or otherwise form a romantic relationship with someone convicted of a heinous crime must be a part of more than a few people’s brains. I suspect it is somehow a distortion of a part of normal emotions.

I guess it could relate to the “celebrity” status of the convict, or the ability of many sociopaths to present themselves as a victim. Also one can gain a spouse without any of the awkward aspects of living with them.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2020, 07:12 PM   #220
Ampulla of Vater
Illuminator

There seem to be many women who are attracted to men prisoners. I read the letters received by Chris Watts when they released that data dump a while back and I was amazed at how many women... and men ... that wrote to him. They all wanted him to write back. Many were religious and many stated they had never written to a prisoner before. It would be interesting to study them from a psychiatric point of view.
Ampulla of Vater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2020, 05:07 AM   #221
dann
Penultimate Amazing

'Those women didn't understand him. They didn't see his sensitive side the way I do.'
I guess ...
There is not a lack of statements from psychologists and psychiatrists about this. They are often interviewed when cases like this come up, but I'm not sure that actual, serious studies have been made.

Quote:
Psychologist and criminal profiler, Dr Tony Clarke, told news.com.au prison relationships were often a testament to the manipulative ability of the incarcerated inmate.
“There are two groups of women who get involved with prisoners,” he said.
“The self-selected group who write to men in jail and then there’s the women who work in jails. They think [the inmate] is a nice person who has changed and who loves them. [The women who work in jails] then become accomplices who help smuggle things into jail or help them escape.”
“Psychopaths in jail are expert at manipulating people and they specialise with people who have low self esteem. Psychopaths test [these people’s] vulnerability extremely quickly and then exploit them to get what they want … for sex, money or boredom. It’s boring in jail. Once they are out and they no longer need [the woman’s] services, they will frequently beat them.”
The women who fall in love with jailed killers (New York Post, Dec. 3, 2013)

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by dann; 16th January 2020 at 05:11 AM.
Old 16th January 2020, 05:31 PM   #222
dann
Penultimate Amazing

A BBC News article has some weird details:

Quote:
Ms Curpen lives in the Finnish town of Salo with a fellow Russian political exile, Alexei Devyatkin, and they have two infant sons.
(...)
Originally a journalist, Ms Curpen describes herself now as an artist. She told BBC Russian that her marriage to Madsen was genuine, not just part of an "art project" she had announced earlier, which is called: "This is not the Peter we knew".
(...)
Defending her Madsen art project, she wrote in a manifesto: "Supporting the guilty one, calling him a friend, we smash 'normality' into pieces, diversify the symbolic capital of culture, engage in cultural terrorism, essentially the only truly effective form of peaceful resistance."
Peter Madsen: Russian artist marries Danish submarine killer (BBC News, Jan. 14, 2020)
Old 16th January 2020, 05:36 PM   #223
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

A BBC News article has some weird details:
I never expected a journalist-artist to make such a compelling argument that she's a more garbage person than an actual murderer. But her argument convinces me.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2020, 04:20 PM   #224
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I never expected a journalist-artist to make such a compelling argument that she's a more garbage person than an actual murderer. But her argument convinces me.
I never expected a 'skeptic' to let the mask slip by suggesting that an emotionally confused woman is a more garbage person than an actual murderer. But your argument convinces me.
Old 25th January 2020, 11:07 AM   #225
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
'Into the Deep', portraying the young helpers at amateur scientist Peter Madsen's workshop and their reckoning with the truth about their mentor after the murder of Kim Wall, will be world-premiering in the World Cinema Documentary Competition at Sundance, kicking off 23 January.
Into the Deep world premieres at Sundance (Danish Film Institute, Dec. 5, 2019)

Into the Deep, 90-min. documentary by Emma Sullivan (Sundance, Jan. 24, 2020)

Sundance Review: INTO THE DEEP's Footage of the Submarine Case Is Jaw-Dropping (BirthMoviesDeath, Jan. 25, 2020)

Review in Danish:
Anmelder om ny Peter Madsen-dokumentar: 'Folk kom ud med granatchok' (DR.dk, Jan. 25, 2020)
Reviewer about new Peter Madsen documentary: 'People leave the movie theatre shellshocked'

Last edited by dann; 25th January 2020 at 11:29 AM.
Old 26th January 2020, 09:40 AM   #226
dann
Penultimate Amazing

The documentary appears to be available on Netflix
I'm curious about what it's like when a group of tech-savvy people who probably aren't religious or new agey at all begin to worship (?) a psychopath like this. Apparently, the documentary deals with these guys and their attitude to Madsen both before he murdered Kim Wall and after it became apparent to everybody what had happened.
I don't know if a group like this can be described as a cult.
Old 26th January 2020, 01:05 PM   #227
dann
Penultimate Amazing

The documentary mentioned in other media:

Quote:
In 2016, Australian filmmaker Emma Sullivan began documenting Peter Madsen's workshop and his quest to launch a rocket into space. One year later, the filming took a tragic turn when Madsen brutally murdered Swedish journalist Kim Wall aboard his homemade submarine. Told from the perspective of the young interns working with Madsen, the film shows their journey as they grasp his true nature and realize how he has abused their trust. These interns provided witness accounts in the court case and Emma Sullivan's footage proved instrumental in the conviction of Peter Madsen.
Into the Deep (RottenTomatoes)

Quote:
Sullivan had started researching in 2016 the possibility to film Danish ‘inventor’ Peter Madsen and his goal to become the first amateur astronaut. But one year into the shooting, the events took a dramatic turn when Madsen murdered Swedish journalist Kim Wall on his submarine.The film is an unprecedented revelation of a killer, and the journey his young helpers take as they reckon with their own complicity and prepare to testify.
Into the Deep (Cineuropa)

Quote:
Into the Deep, which premiered at Sundance last night and will be on Netflix later this year, is the kind of film that, through the dark fortune of timing, starts off as one thing and then proceeds to become something far more important and disturbing, effectively interrogating itself. Sullivan had started filming Madsen a year before the Kim Wall murder.
Into the Deep Chronicles the Monstrousness of Danish Inventor Peter Madsen (Vulture, Jan. 25, 2020)
Old 2nd February 2020, 06:32 AM   #228
dann
Penultimate Amazing

‘Into the Deep,’ A Documentary About Submarine Killer Peter Madsen, is Netflix’s Next True Crime Hit (Decider, Jan. 29, 2020)
’Into the Deep’ - Review (Variety, Jan. 28, 2020)
’Into thee Deep’: Film Review – Sundance 2020 (Hollywood Reporter, Jan. 30, 2020)
Sundance 2020: ‘Into the Deep’ is a genuinely chilling true crime doc (Vanyaland, Jan. 27, 2020)

Quote:
Another highly-buzzed doc from Sundance 2020 is one of the most remarkable true crime films you’ll see all year, Emma Sullivan’s “Into the Deep,” which started as a profile piece about a rebellious maverick and became a study of a sociopath. Some of the structure here can be a bit unwieldy, but it’s a haunting movie overall, especially in some of the what-ifs it raises and how bluntly it drives home the point that monsters can often hide in plain sight.
(...)
By the now, the story of what Peter Madsen did to Kim Wall is pretty well-known but Sullivan’s immediate, as-it-happens access offers a new appreciation of the world of a madman. Sullivan’s film even became evidence in the trial, as objects Madsen used to mutilate Wall can be seen in her film. It’s a remarkable piece of cinema just in its very existence – we don’t often see interviews with men filmed on the day they killed someone.
Sundance 2020: On the Record, Into the Deep, Assassins (RogerEbert.com, Jan. 29, 2020)

In Danish: Danish Netflix film about the submarine case premieres – Here are the reactions (filmz.dk, Jan. 30, 2020)
Old 4th February 2020, 06:17 AM   #229
erwinl
Illuminator

Is this only on selected regions of Netflix?
For, I can’t seem to find it on our Netflix in the Netherlands.
Old 5th February 2020, 01:35 AM   #230
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by erwinl View Post
Is this only on selected regions of Netflix?
For, I can’t seem to find it on our Netflix in the Netherlands.
Seems later in year.
In NZ just a teaser blank entry.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2020, 02:35 AM   #231
erwinl
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Seems later in year.

Oh. In that case, I'll wait a little while.
Old 11th February 2020, 06:27 AM   #232
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Seems later in year.

My friends in Denmark who subscribe to Netflix tell me it's the same thing here. So far, no information about a release date. I've been waiting anxiously for them to start streaming the new movie Wasp Network, but that's also just a blank entry.

Peter Madsen bragged about his murder plans (a4nu.dk, Feb. 1, 2020 - article in Danish)
Old 13th February 2020, 02:57 PM   #233
dann
Penultimate Amazing

It may take a while before Into the Deep is released. Some of the people in the documentary won't give their consent:
Hård kritik af Peter Madsen-film: - Skadeligt for mit helbred (MSN/A4nu, Feb. 13, 2020)
Old 25th February 2020, 01:45 AM   #234
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Also about one of the people who appear in the Madsen documentary:

Quote:
The filmmaker goes in to tell one tale, and discovers a very different one. A far more disturbing variation of the trend occurs in the documentaries Into the Deep and Happy Happy Joy Joy, which began as celebrations of their subjects (Danish inventor Peter Madsen and Ren and Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi, respectively) before the filmmakers discovered new information late in the game. (Madsen turned out to be a murderer, and Kricfalusi was accused of sexual misconduct.) To add an extra complication to the notion of cameras opening wounds: Since the premiere of Into the Deep, one of Sullivan’s interview subjects has tweeted out that she does not want to be included in the film, as it “would endanger my health due to trauma.” Again: Who gets to tell these stories?
When Documentaries Make You Question Everything (Vulture, Jan. 31, 2020)
Old 12th April 2020, 12:21 AM   #235
dann
Penultimate Amazing

The documentary Into the Deep will probably have to be re-edited before it can be released to a larger audience on Netflix:

Quote:
Netflix have stalled their plans to release an Australian documentary about Danish murderer Peter Madsen, after multiple people involved said it used footage of two people without their consent, and would re-traumatise and “endanger their health” if it airs.
Kim Wall: Netflix distances itself from documentary after participants claim they didn't consent (The Guardian, March 14, 2020)
Old 12th April 2020, 12:34 AM   #236
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

The documentary Into the Deep will probably have to be re-edited before it can be released to a larger audience on Netflix:
I am sure Netflix will comply with haste to get this aired to a captive audience.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2020, 04:11 AM   #237
dann
Penultimate Amazing

I am not so sure. I've been waiting for the movie Wasp Network (Wikipedia), which premiered at the Film Festival in Vienna more than seven months ago and in French movie theatres in January. It was bought by Netflix but still hasn't been released.
Old 14th May 2020, 06:20 AM   #238
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Netflix won't be showing Into the Deep:

Quote:
Variety Magazine called it "riveting," as well as "restrained, humanist and chilling". It is, the magazine wrote, both “a rare opportunity to study a murderer before his first kill", and "a story of the workers left ashore floundering to understand how they devoted their lives to a fiend”.

But after several of the key participants in the film withdrew their consent, Netflix has decided not to stream the documentary, Sweden's state broadcaster SVT reported on Tuesday evening.
Netflix pulls plans to stream controversial Peter Madsen doc (The Local.dk, April 22, 2020)
Old 9th September 2020, 01:52 AM   #239
dann
Penultimate Amazing

In a telephone conversation with a Swedish journalist, Peter Madsen admits that he killed Kim Wall.

Peter Madsen i telefonsamtaler: Indrømmer drab på Kim Wall (EkstraBladet.dk, Sep. 9, 2020)
Peter Madsen erkänner att han dödade Kim Wall (SVT.se, Sep. 9, 2020)
Old 9th September 2020, 07:21 PM   #240
Ampulla of Vater
Illuminator

Here is an article in English, from the BBC.
Ampulla of Vater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors