IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Closed Thread
Old 13th June 2019, 05:49 PM   #81
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
You think the police won't find out she's lying?

Maybe they will;maybe they won't. Depends on how competent they are. Now, if it were the Perugia police; probably not. They couldn't tell the difference between Guede's bloody shoe print sole marks and Sollecito's shoes. They couldn't even collect evidence from the crime scene correctly using dirty gloves, walking in and out of different rooms without changing shoe covers, passing evidence around and dropping it on the floor, putting a crucial piece of unprotected evidence in a cardboard box a calendar had come in...

Quote:
It only becomes evidence if she persists after having being cautioned. Obviously there would need to be proper evidence to prosecute in the first place. If she signs a witness statement searing under oath her claim is true then technically she could face a perjury charge.
Yes, we're agreed on the highlighted part. For example, if the teen's DNA was found on the murder victim's purse and clothing, her shoe prints in the victim's blood were found by the body, and her fingerprint in blood was found under the victim's body then, YES, that would be proper evidence to prosecute in the first place. But if NO evidence of the teen was found in the murder room, how much weight would that false alibi have? By the way, she couldn't be accused of perjury in Italy as a defendant does not take an oath.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 05:51 PM   #82
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Here we go again. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. You still haven't taken on board my comments to this on numerous occasions. Stone wall.
I'm willing to let others, other than you or me, arbitrate this. We can accuse each other of all sorts of things, but in general......

...... people can read and decide for themselves.
Old 13th June 2019, 05:55 PM   #83
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

A court judgment is unequivocal. Courts are there to arbitrate one way or the other.

The newspaper quotes an official court document, that of the final Supreme Court Marasca-Bruno.
They PARTIALLY quote from it, Vix. It's called cherry-picking.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 06:01 PM   #84
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
I'm willing to let others, other than you or me, arbitrate this. We can accuse each other of all sorts of things, but in general......

...... people can read and decide for themselves
Yes, we can. We certainly can.
Old 13th June 2019, 06:05 PM   #85
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I'd once challenged skeptics in this thread to quote from mainline Italian media, to find any which refer to or promote the "Marasca-Bruno thought them almost guilty" point of view.

Machiavelli found one legitimate media source skeptical that the Supreme Court properly exonerated the pair. One.

In the current media circus to do with the Modena innocence conference, there is actually little, if any, doubt that the Supreme Court properly exonerated - and no mention of those "judicial truths" that Montana cites.

It's ironic. The conference is about how media circuses breathe fire into wrongful convictions. Hoots!
Old 13th June 2019, 06:14 PM   #86
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Here we go again. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. You still haven't taken on board my comments to this on numerous occasions. Stone wall.

The irony of the above comment is so thick you can almost taste it.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 06:18 PM   #87
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Forensic IT experts (and we know how thoroughy nerdy they are) found without a doubt Raff lied when he claimed he was surfing the net half the night.

Telephone communications experts testified he lied about not turning his phone off circa 8:50-ish around the same time as Knox. There were no signals recorded to his phone despite his father ringing circa 11:30pm. None of the residents in the same building or region had any problems with their phone signals.

He lied in a signed police statement (an educated Italian-speaker, who cannot claim, 'me no understandee') that Knox was with him all night. He corrected this 'sack of ****' (his words) to testify in a written witness statement and signed by him 5 Nov 2007 that he had come home alone about 9:00 after being out in the old town. He then surfed the net and Knox turned up at 1:00am.

No wonder the liar didn't want to show his face in the witness box!

Hahaha - you remember the bit in my request where I said "credible and reliable"?

Have another go. And this time, have a think about every single piece of evidence (or "evidence") you plan to use, including all of the above.

(Oh, and just to provide one illustration of the irony I referred to in my previous post: you've been told countless times exactly why in most instances defendants are strongly counselled not to take the stand, regardless of their factual innocence or guilt.)
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 06:50 PM   #88
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Forensic IT experts (and we know how thoroughy nerdy they are) found without a doubt Raff lied when he claimed he was surfing the net half the night.
Hellmann disagreed that it proved RS lied.
In his Nov. 2 deposition, RS never mentions being on his computer the night of the murder. It's not until his lawyerless and coercive interrogation on Nov. 5/6 that he says he was on his computer while Amanda as out at Le Chic. His description of the time she was gone and where she was actually reflects the night before; Halloween.

Quote:
Telephone communications experts testified he lied about not turning his phone off circa 8:50-ish around the same time as Knox. There were no signals recorded to his phone despite his father ringing circa 11:30pm.
No, the communications did not testify RS lied. That is a lie in itself. Show me one of them saying RS 'lied'. From Hellmann:

Quote:
However, a defense consultant showed that the signal did not reach every point in the house regularly; which could explain, possibly in conjunction with other external factors (for example, the occasional presence of an obstacle), the delay in the reception of the message (not a rare occurrence, as anyone used to exchanging SMS knows well), so that it cannot be considered certain that the phone was turned off.
Quote:
None of the residents in the same building or region had any problems with their phone signals.
LOL! Nonsense. Are you actually claiming that every person in that building or region told the police they had not received a text message within minutes of it being sent? REALLY?

Quote:
He lied in a signed police statement (an educated Italian-speaker, who cannot claim, 'me no understandee') that Knox was with him all night. He corrected this 'sack of ****' (his words) to testify in a written witness statement and signed by him 5 Nov 2007 that he had come home alone about 9:00 after being out in the old town. He then surfed the net and Knox turned up at 1:00am.
As previously stated, he described the events of the night before...events corroborated by witnesses...which he confused with the next night while being interrogated without a lawyer late at night, and refused even the ability to check a calendar. In your world, no one being interrogated by police can become confused. Of course, studies on false confessions show this is absolutely false and that anyone can become confused. Would you like me to present them? I can.
Quote:
No wonder the liar didn't want to show his face in the witness box!
Assuming facts not in evidence. But there's always your sour opinion. You cannot allow any explanation for anything that does not indicate guilt. Nothing, in your opinion, ever has an innocent, non-inculpatory explanation. Nothing. EVERYTHING must be seen through guilt colored glasses. Knox's DNA in her own sink? Left at the time of the murder! A footprint TMB negative? STILL blood! Turned off their phones? Guilty! Took a shower? Guilty! If either of the pair farted, you'd see it as proof of guilt.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 13th June 2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 13th June 2019, 07:04 PM   #89
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Yes! Thank goodness I hadn't just taken a drink or I'd have sprayed it all over my laptop.
Old 13th June 2019, 09:34 PM   #90
Numbers
Philosopher

Yes! Thank goodness I hadn't just taken a drink or I'd have sprayed it all over my laptop.
Once any guilter starts fabricating and misrepresenting to cover the intellectual dishonesty and violations of Italian and international law by Mignini and the Italian police, and the arbitrary judgments of the Massei, Nencini, and Chieffi courts, it’s impossible to stop — at least without admitting the entire fraud.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 01:25 AM   #91
Welshman
Muse

Hellmann disagreed that it proved RS lied.
In his Nov. 2 deposition, RS never mentions being on his computer the night of the murder. It's not until his lawyerless and coercive interrogation on Nov. 5/6 that he says he was on his computer while Amanda as out at Le Chic. His description of the time she was gone and where she was actually reflects the night before; Halloween.

No, the communications did not testify RS lied. That is a lie in itself. Show me one of them saying RS 'lied'. From Hellmann:

LOL! Nonsense. Are you actually claiming that every person in that building or region told the police they had not received a text message within minutes of it being sent? REALLY?

As previously stated, he described the events of the night before...events corroborated by witnesses...which he confused with the next night while being interrogated without a lawyer late at night, and refused even the ability to check a calendar. In your world, no one being interrogated by police can become confused. Of course, studies on false confessions show this is absolutely false and that anyone can become confused. Would you like me to present them? I can.

Assuming facts not in evidence. But there's always your sour opinion. You cannot allow any explanation for anything that does not indicate guilt. Nothing, in your opinion, ever has an innocent, non-inculpatory explanation. Nothing. EVERYTHING must be seen through guilt colored glasses. Knox's DNA in her own sink? Left at the time of the murder! A footprint TMB negative? STILL blood! Turned off their phones? Guilty! Took a shower? Guilty! If either of the pair farted, you'd see it as proof of guilt.
Vixen lies that communications experts testified Raffaele had lied about switching his phone off. This goes back to the question I have raised previously. If Amanda and Raffaele have told so many lies as Vixen constantly claims, why does Vixen have to resort to lying to sustain this claim? Vixen has shown repulsive hypocrisy when attacking Amanda and Raffaele for lying. One way Vixen shows hypocrisy is that Vixen attacks Amanda and Raffaele for lying whilst falsely accusing them of lying. If Amanda and Raffaele had lied on the same scale as Vixen does in her posts, PGP would not need to lie to sustain this claim. The fact PGP have to resort to lying to support the notion Amanda and Raffaele have told numerous lies destroys the notion Amanda and Raffaele have lied extensively because having to resort to lying to sustain this claim indicates PGP have no genuine instances Amanda and Raffaele lying and have to resort to making false accusations. It is disgusting that Vixen lies on an industrial scale in her posts and then attacks Amanda and Raffaele for lying who have not actually lied.

Last edited by Welshman; 14th June 2019 at 01:34 AM.
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 05:26 AM   #92
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

I could use their method of cherry-picking to prove that the Harry Potter series of books is really about Hagrid, the Hogwarts groundskeeper.

Or that 2001: A Space Odyssey is really about pre-humans trying to survive on a savanna.

Or that the car-chase scene in Bullitt is really about an absent-minded driver of a green Volkswagen Beetle.

Or that a hockey game is a way of snowing-up a fresh sheet of ice so that Zamboni drivers can have their skills highlighted.

Or that if someone chooses not to testify, then they must be guilty and a liar......

The list goes on. But it certainly extends these continuations.....
Old 14th June 2019, 08:27 AM   #93
sept79
Critical Thinker

Francesco Maresca told The Associated Press Friday that Kercher’s family was never consulted in the decision to invite Knox, who was convicted of Kercher's murder in 2007 only to be eventually acquitted, to speak on a panel about wrongful convictions this weekend.

Maresca said that "inviting her to a technical panel on justice was a mistake,” adding that "lawyers for both parts should have been involved."

----------------------------------

Really?
sept79 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 09:20 AM   #94
moije2
Critical Thinker

Holy cannoli! A rare moment at work to check into your site and I see some of the same posters. Wowza this has staying power for some. I had to look up my password.

Re Maresca: that prompts my sign in and expression of disgust at that piece of ambulance chasing garbazhe. He has the audacity to make the comment about consultation. What a friggin joke he is. He was instrumental in placing the Kercher family in the untenable position of inflicting harm on an innocent, and compounding the suffering that they have already endured. He should at minimum quietly fade into nonexistence, or better he should go through a self awareness therapy and try to help the Kerchers recover from his misdirection and influence.

I have moved on to other things, as the vast majority of the internet denizens, but still am aware from time to time of the presence of Raffaele and his ex-girlfriend . The recent article by her with apparent involvement of her fiance Chris shows a remarkable evolution of reflection, introspection, and growth. A demonstration of maturity that is impressive.

https://twitter.com/amandaknox/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
moije2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 09:32 AM   #95
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sept79 View Post
Francesco Maresca told The Associated Press Friday that Kercher’s family was never consulted in the decision to invite Knox, who was convicted of Kercher's murder in 2007 only to be eventually acquitted, to speak on a panel about wrongful convictions this weekend.

Maresca said that "inviting her to a technical panel on justice was a mistake,” adding that "lawyers for both parts should have been involved."

Really?
Maresca is an attention whore. When he says that the Kerchers were not consulted, I read that as **he** was not consulted.

His connection to the Modena innocence conference would be as its subject, not as a participant. He continues to use media to vilify the innocent.

If he's billing the Kerchers for all this, I would beg them not to pay.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 14th June 2019 at 09:40 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 09:39 AM   #96
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by moije2 View Post
Holy cannoli! A rare moment at work to check into your site and I see some of the same posters. Wowza this has staying power for some. I had to look up my password.
So do I. Each time. How troubling is that!!
Old 14th June 2019, 10:55 AM   #97
Diocletus
Illuminator

Really?

Wow. So even after the Supreme Court reversal and the ECtHR confirming that her human rights were violated, the Kerchers still want to throw shade. That's garbage.
Old 14th June 2019, 11:11 AM   #98
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Diocletus View Post
Wow. So even after the Supreme Court reversal and the ECtHR confirming that her human rights were violated, the Kerchers still want to throw shade. That's garbage.
It's not the Kerchers; it's that slimy toad Maresca. I haven't found any comments from the Kerchers about Knox's return to Italy for the conference.
Old 14th June 2019, 12:07 PM   #99
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

If you're in the mood for a good laugh, check out TJMK's latest hysterical front page. I noticed the Montana article which was posted here is also highlighted there. What a coinky dink!
Old 14th June 2019, 12:34 PM   #100
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

If you're in the mood for a good laugh, check out TJMK's latest hysterical front page. I noticed the Montana article which was posted here is also highlighted there. What a coinky dink!
Quennell, Montana, and Vixen never put that stuff in the context in which the 2015 exonerating Supreme Court decision put it.

The full context is at this link....

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...4#post12725674
Old 14th June 2019, 01:34 PM   #101
Welshman
Muse

They did. It is official. They still haven't got an alibi.

How sad is that?
Could Vixen explain why she refused to answer my question as to why would Amanda and Raffaele lie when the facts overwhelmingly supported the case for innocence and Amanda and Raffaele would not need to lie and if Amanda and Raffaele were such prolific liars why does Vixen have to resort to lying to sustain this claim?

Below are some of the numerous lies Vixen has said in her posts. You would not need to lie to sustain the argument Vixen has told numerous lies because there are plenty genuine instances to draw from. The same should apply to Amanda and Raffaele if they have told numerous lies. Could Vixen tell how do the number of lies told by Amanda and Raffaele compare to the number of lies told by Vixen in her posts. This should be easy enough to answer if Amanda and Raffaele were such prolific liars.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...2#post11938562
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...2#post11942852
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...2#post11598412
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1#post11427461
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post11951893
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post11982023
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...6#post12107306
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post12200863
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post12297573
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post12297575
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 01:37 PM   #102
AnimalFriendly
Critical Thinker

It's not the Kerchers; it's that slimy toad Maresca. I haven't found any comments from the Kerchers about Knox's return to Italy for the conference.
Barbie Nadeau's 5/9/19 article in The Daily Beast included the following:

Meredith Kercher died when she was only 21 years old. Upon the news of Knox’s return to Italy, a member of Kercher’s family told The Daily Beast that they will have to brace for the pain that comes with having the person they firmly believe participated in the murder back in the news. “One has to wonder why she is doing this, why we have to go through all this again” the Kercher family member said. “You don’t get used to the notion that your daughter’s killer has become a superstar any more than you get used to the fact that your daughter was murdered in the first place.”

Is that an actual quote from one of the Kerchers? Or did Barbie make it all up? Who knows. It's pretty bad regardless of which scenario it falls under.
AnimalFriendly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 01:58 PM   #103
TomG
Muse

Really?
"For both parts" of what? WTF the case is over! Maresca said the family felt “dissatisfaction” when Amanda's favourable ECtHR ruling for human rights violations was made public. When Amanda's visit was first announced Maresca said “This young woman should accept the verdict that she received, which was extremely positive for her, and stop embarking on initiatives which seem designed to garner publicity and attention.” All this has nothing to do with Maresca or the Kercher family, in fact. I don't even know why Maresca is still representing the Kercher family at all, unless it's to keep them blindsided to the facts.

Hoots
TomG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 02:27 PM   #104
TomG
Muse

Last year Machiavelli posted an Umbria TV programme on YouTube featuriing Mignini, Comodi, and other pro-guilt guests discussing the Kercher case only. No pro-innocence lawyers or guests were represented which resulted in whopping great lies being uncontested and allowed to seep into the bloodstream of the Italian public. I wonder if Maresca protested that innocentisti guests should have been allowed on the programme or else the event should have been cancelled?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbOjYpH1WdM&t=1093s

Hoots
TomG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 02:38 PM   #105
Numbers
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TomG View Post
"For both parts" of what? WTF the case is over! Maresca said the family felt “dissatisfaction” when Amanda's favourable ECtHR ruling for human rights violations was made public. When Amanda's visit was first announced Maresca said “This young woman should accept the verdict that she received, which was extremely positive for her, and stop embarking on initiatives which seem designed to garner publicity and attention.” All this has nothing to do with Maresca or the Kercher family, in fact. I don't even know why Maresca is still representing the Kercher family at all, unless it's to keep them blindsided to the facts.

Hoots
Is there credible evidence that Maresca is still being paid by the Kerchers, and he is speaking for them, or is he making these statements on his own authority in order to keep his name before the public?

And, as you point out in your earlier post, Maresca never criticized the Mignini - Comodi pro-guilt nonsense conference from Umbria TV, which had no pro-innocence speakers, that was posted on YouTube.

Maresca's plea for "fairness" by having those seeking to promote wrongful convictions for their own financial gain at an Italy Innocence Project meeting is laughable.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 03:32 PM   #106
TomG
Muse

Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Is there credible evidence that Maresca is still being paid by the Kerchers, and he is speaking for them, or is he making these statements on his own authority in order to keep his name before the public?

And, as you point out in your earlier post, Maresca never criticized the Mignini - Comodi pro-guilt nonsense conference from Umbria TV, which had no pro-innocence speakers, that was posted on YouTube.

Maresca's plea for "fairness" by having those seeking to promote wrongful convictions for their own financial gain at an Italy Innocence Project meeting is laughable.
I can't imagine any lawyer commenting on behalf of their client without consulting them first, not to do so would be a huge breach of trust. As I understand it, the event in Modena addresses the topic of trial by media that is by no means restricted to Amanda's own case, which of course leaves no legitimate place for Maresca. The aforementioned debate on Umbria TV was exclusively about the Kercher case and either should have had innocentisti guests to maintain credibility, or should have been cancelled altogether.

Hoots
Old 14th June 2019, 03:34 PM   #107
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AnimalFriendly View Post
Barbie Nadeau's 5/9/19 article in The Daily Beast included the following:

Meredith Kercher died when she was only 21 years old. Upon the news of Knox’s return to Italy, a member of Kercher’s family told The Daily Beast that they will have to brace for the pain that comes with having the person they firmly believe participated in the murder back in the news. “One has to wonder why she is doing this, why we have to go through all this again” the Kercher family member said. “You don’t get used to the notion that your daughter’s killer has become a superstar any more than you get used to the fact that your daughter was murdered in the first place.”

Is that an actual quote from one of the Kerchers? Or did Barbie make it all up? Who knows. It's pretty bad regardless of which scenario it falls under.
Thanks. I see that it wasn't Slimy Toad Maresca the Kerchers spoke through but the Daily Beast.

She isn't their daughter's killer; Guede is. Knox does not, and should not, have to live her life according to the Kercher's mistaken belief. I'm so sick of the PGP saying Knox should "think about the Kercher's feelings". Do they think about hers when they call her their daughter's killer? No. Knox is shamed for not 'allowing the Kerchers to heal', yet she is somehow wrong for trying to heal, too.
Old 14th June 2019, 04:07 PM   #108
Numbers
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TomG View Post
I can't imagine any lawyer commenting on behalf of their client without consulting them first, not to do so would be a huge breach of trust. As I understand it, the event in Modena addresses the topic of trial by media that is by no means restricted to Amanda's own case, which of course leaves no legitimate place for Maresca. The aforementioned debate on Umbria TV was exclusively about the Kercher case and either should have had innocentisti guests to maintain credibility, or should have been cancelled altogether.

Hoots
Yes, I agree with all three of the highlighted statements.

It should be pointed out, however, that the Italy Innocence Project Conference in Modena includes a number of topics related to wrongful convictions, and that Amanda Knox is among the presenters at only one session, on 15 June, which is on the topic of "The Media and Criminal Proceedings" (or, "The Media's Criminal Proceedings" or "Criminal Trial by Media"):

IL PROCESSO PENALE MEDIATICO.

introduce: GUIDO SOLA

modera: RAFFAELLA CALANDRA

intervengono:

AMANDA KNOX
ANDREA MASCHERIN
VINICIO NARDO
MARTINA CAGOSSI

The program (in Italian) for the Modena conference is at:

http://italyinnocenceproject.org/wp-...o-Festival.pdf

The Italian Innocence Project had announced this Modena Conference and Knox's scheduled attendance as early as May of this year. Her attendance as a presenter was part of the announcement and it was well publicized. It's rather odd that Maresca (and thus the Kerchers) would be criticizing only on the occasion of the media frenzy directed at Knox's arrival in Italy.

Last edited by Numbers; 14th June 2019 at 05:23 PM.
Old 14th June 2019, 04:26 PM   #109
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Knox is in Modena as a commercial enterprise. CBS News reports that she has 'her own personal videographer carefully choregraphing' the whole thing. IOW all the eye dabbing, bowed head nonsense and fleeing from the conference hall after just a few minutes are all carefully scripted. She hired a team of Nigerian bodyguards <shurely shome mishtake> and is flanked by Italian plain clothes policemen. This posse makes it look like there is a lot of media attention when in fact the 'scuffles' seem to have been initiated by Christopher Robinson whom an eye witness says launched himself at the journalists who were miffed at being blocked by the Knox posse.

Expect a ker-ching, ker-ching series of shows and books for Knox out of this conference. Even Mom Edda is in on the jolly.

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 04:50 PM   #110
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Knox is in Modena as a commercial enterprise. CBS News reports that she has 'her own personal videographer carefully choregraphing' the whole thing. IOW all the eye dabbing, bowed head nonsense and fleeing from the conference hall after just a few minutes are all carefully scripted. She hired a team of Nigerian bodyguards <shurely shome mishtake> and is flanked by Italian plain clothes policemen. This posse makes it look like there is a lot of media attention when in fact the 'scuffles' seem to have been initiated by Christopher Robinson whom an eye witness says launched himself at the journalists who were miffed at being blocked by the Knox posse.

Expect a ker-ching, ker-ching series of shows and books for Knox out of this conference. Even Mom Edda is in on the jolly.

And the bitter vindictiveness - fueled by misguided ignorance, self-righteous indignation on behalf of others, and bizarre personal hostility - just goes on and on. And have you READ what those gold-plated nutters over on TJMK are writing? Wow.

ETA: By the way, you're only selectively quoting from the CBS report (no surprise there), and reaching distorted conclusions to match your existing prejudices (again, no surprise there). Funny how you inserted the words "carefully choreographing" and left out the words "we can't exclude the possibility that". I suggest you perhaps might be better off taking this nonsense and distortion over to some nutter asylum like TJMK, where these views will meet with instant, uncritical approval.......

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amanda-...turn-to-italy/

Last edited by LondonJohn; 14th June 2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 14th June 2019, 04:53 PM   #111
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Knox is in Modena as a commercial enterprise. CBS News reports that she has 'her own personal videographer carefully choregraphing' the whole thing. IOW all the eye dabbing, bowed head nonsense and fleeing from the conference hall after just a few minutes are all carefully scripted.
Not quite an honest account of what CBS actually said, is it?

Quote:
While she managed to dodge the media on Friday, we do know she has her own personal videographer following her, meaning we can't exclude the possibility that some of this is being choreographed for her own camera.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amanda-...obOE3YA5XEViCE

Why the need to lie, Vixen?

Quote:
She hired a team of Nigerian bodyguards <shurely shome mishtake> and is flanked by Italian plain clothes policemen. This posse makes it look like there is a lot of media attention when in fact the 'scuffles' seem to have been initiated by Christopher Robinson whom an eye witness says launched himself at the journalists who were miffed at being blocked by the Knox posse.
Citation for the highlighted parts of this? Not that you would misrepresent anything...

Quote:
Why, one would almost think you're jealous of someone writing books that actually sell. Almost.
Old 14th June 2019, 04:55 PM   #112
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

And the bitter vindictiveness - fueled by misguided ignorance, self-righteous indignation on behalf of others, and bizarre personal hostility - just goes on and on. And have you READ what those gold-plated nutters over on TJMK are writing? Wow.
You mean the 3 or 4 who are left?
Old 14th June 2019, 05:04 PM   #113
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

ETA: By the way, you're only selectively quoting from the CBS report (no surprise there), and reaching distorted conclusions to match your existing prejudices (again, no surprise there). Funny how you inserted the words "carefully choreographing" and left out the words "we can't exclude the possibility that". I suggest you perhaps might be better off taking this nonsense and distortion over to some nutter asylum like TJMK, where these views will meet with instant, uncritical approval.......

You've obviously never heard of paraphrasing.

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 05:05 PM   #114
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Not quite an honest account of what CBS actually said, is it?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amanda-...obOE3YA5XEViCE

Citation for the highlighted parts of this? Not that you would misrepresent anything...

Why, one would almost think you're jealous of someone writing books that actually sell. Almost.
Ear on the ground <fx taps side of nose>

~ Danzig

Old 14th June 2019, 05:07 PM   #115
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

You peeps beat me to it.

People can read the CBS account for themselves. It's bad enough that CBS News makes a speculation, but as if on cue Vixen turns that unmerited speculation into concrete fact.

Welcome to the guilter-nutters. Who, BTW, can't resist hurling ad hominems at everyone around Knox.

Meanwhile, the real killer is virtually forgotten. Which, BTW, is a component of media frenzies which foment wrongful convictions.

Hoots! (Sorry TomG).
Old 14th June 2019, 05:24 PM   #116
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen
We should thank you for at least one thing, Vixen.

While most people can read for themselves what something says, we have you and your cohort to tell us what it really says.

We should at least give thanks where it is due.
Old 14th June 2019, 05:27 PM   #117
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

In other words, you don't have a citation. it's just another bit of crap you've pulled from your colon.
Old 14th June 2019, 05:30 PM   #118
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Is that what they're calling lying now? "Paraphrasing"?
Old 14th June 2019, 08:08 PM   #119
AnimalFriendly
Critical Thinker

Because she isn't capable of anything else with respect to this tragedy of a young woman murdered by a burglar surprised in the act.
AnimalFriendly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 08:27 PM   #120
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
People can read the CBS account for themselves. It's bad enough that CBS News makes a speculation, but as if on cue Vixen turns that unmerited speculation into concrete fact.
I note that the CBS report doesn't seem to say a word about "Nigerian bodyguards" or Italian plainclothes police, although we should take it for granted that any controversial public figure at a public event has security, as would the event itself. And if she has a "personal videographer," meaning only somebody with a camera, wouldn't that be just about essential for somebody who says that she is planning a "true-crime podcast?"

Two other CBS video reports also give a balanced account.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/amanda...turn-to-italy/
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/amanda...nce-acquittal/

My theory about the continuing hatred for Amanda Knox is that some people need to believe that bad things only happen to people who deserve them, like women blaming a rape victim for something she "must have" said or done. The alternative is to accept the brutal reality that something terrible could happen to them, no matter what they do or how they live.

I like to think that if the cops in a foreign land grabbed me and accused me of murder, I would have the sense to keep quiet, demand a lawyer and call the embassy. I also recognize that if I was in fear for my life and my safety, I would probably sign whatever the cops put in front of me and try to straighten it out later.

Last edited by Bob001; 14th June 2019 at 08:38 PM.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors