IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , JFK conspiracies , John F. Kennedy

Old 28th April 2020, 04:12 PM   #361
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by gilius View Post
Propaganda in movies since around the time of Jaws (1975)
Only one page ago you claimed it was 50+ years. You can't even keep your own delusional story straight.

All you have with this movie crap is classic confirmation bias. If you actually want to impress anyone you have to show it's significant rather than just jump out your seat every time you see the number 23.

Anyway, for your loony story to be true, first we need the earth to be flat, so pardon me if I don't embrace your personal fantasy.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2020, 04:24 PM   #362
gilius
Thinker

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Only one page ago you claimed it was 50+ years. You can't even keep your own delusional story straight.

All you have with this movie crap is classic confirmation bias. If you actually want to impress anyone you have to show it's significant rather than just jump out your seat every time you see the number 23.

Anyway, for your loony story to be true, first we need the earth to be flat, so pardon me if I don't embrace your personal fantasy.
50+ years for 2023 ebola + global flood + geostorms
c1975 for nuclear attack on Washington DC
? for San Francisco + Dundee bridges coming down (date is in the 2015 movie Ex Machina)

Yep, the globe earth has to be a deception, otherwise this whole conspiracy cannot work.

The sleeper must awake!
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2020, 04:26 PM   #363
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

You are not a believer in a flat earth. Those people don't actually exist. I'm not falling for that scam. You claim to believe in a flat earth to get attention but you know the earth is a spheroid.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2020, 04:31 PM   #364
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The sleeper must awake!
Yeah, I wouldn't really jump to that conclusion. In this case, the sleeper needs glass of warm milk and nap.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2020, 04:33 PM   #365
gilius
Thinker

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
You are not a believer in a flat earth. Those people don't actually exist. I'm not falling for that scam. You claim to believe in a flat earth to get attention but you know the earth is a spheroid.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2020, 05:24 PM   #366
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation A conspiracy theory delusion that the Earth is not a globe

Yep, the globe earth has to be a deception, otherwise this whole conspiracy cannot work.
A conspiracy theory delusion that the Earth is not a globe.

What makes this deluded is a conspiracy theory cannot hide the physical evidence that the Earth is a globe when just about anyone can measure it.
Anyone with eyes can confirm that the Earth is a globe. Go to a port. Watch ships go out to sea. See them vanish over the curvature of the Earth hull first, superstructure and then masts.
Anyone with a brain can repeat the 2300 year old calculation of the radius of the Earth by Eratosthenes . Or the 1000 year old Abu Rayhan Biruni method.
Anyone with a GPS device which is just about anyone with a mobile phone, is using satellites orbiting a spherical Earth.
Anyone with some money can see the curvature of the Earth for themselves in a high altitude flight. Space tourists will easily see the curvature of the Earth.

Last edited by Reality Check; 28th April 2020 at 05:31 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2020, 05:27 PM   #367
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation The items of ignorance, fantasy and delusion from gilius

11 items of ignorance, fantasy and lies from gilius, from "weather machine" paranoia, a "fictional films are propaganda" delusion, to an obsession with 23.
18 items of ignorance, fantasy and lies from gilius, from "weather machine" paranoia, a "fictional films are propaganda" delusion, to an obsession with 23.
And: So we have a flat Earther or maybe creationist video with obvious delusions about what the Earth is viewed as, and "Tesla coil" gibberish !
3 items of ignorance, fantasy and lies from gilius.
Next:
  1. Idiocy of "Yup" agreeing that he is writing posts full of ignorance, fantasy and lies ! More stupid obsession with 23 in movies (A Quiet Place).
  2. Paranoiac "ebola + global flood + geostorms" fantasy.
    "c1975 for nuclear attack on Washington DC" insanity because there was no nuclear attack !
    More movie madness (Ex Machina).
    A conspiracy theory delusion that the Earth is not a globe
  3. More movie madness (WaterWorld) and lies about it (the map is a tattoo on a girl's body - it is flat!)

Last edited by Reality Check; 28th April 2020 at 05:30 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2020, 08:22 PM   #368
Pope130
Illuminator

? for San Francisco + Dundee bridges coming down (date is in the 2015 movie Ex Machina)

The sleeper must awake!

Perhaps you could clarify how there can be a "global flood" if there is no globe?
Pope130 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2020, 08:52 PM   #369
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pope130 View Post
Perhaps you could clarify how there can be a "global flood" if there is no globe?
Oh, you! It's the (((Globalist's Flood))).
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2020, 08:53 PM   #370
Elagabalus
Philosopher

...Yep, the globe earth has to be a deception, otherwise this whole conspiracy cannot work...
There's your answer!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2020, 09:26 PM   #371
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

You don't believe that. You know the earth is a "globe". Don't try to pull that one on me.
Old 28th April 2020, 09:28 PM   #372
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pope130 View Post
Because he knows it's a globe. He just slipped up there and let it out that he's not a flat earther.
Old 28th April 2020, 09:39 PM   #373
EHocking
Philosopher

The sleeper must awake!
Whatever you do, don’t watch The Wizard of Oz with the sound turned off while playing Pink Floyd’s album Dark Side of the Moon.

It will utterly freak you out!!!!
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2020, 01:39 AM   #374
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Dundee? Check your clues again. Their bridge came down in 1879. McGonagall wrote a hilariously bad poem about it.

Anyway the sticking point right now is that you can only be right if the earth is flat. So to convince us, you need evidence that the earth is flat. But fear not, there is a way:

At the equinoxes, the sun moves across the sky directly above the equator, right? Thus it appears to travel around the earth and ends up back where it started after 24 hours. So the equator is a circle. Okay so far?

Well if the earth was round, the equator would just be the familiar hoop around the earth's middle, but if the earth was flat, the equator would be a big circle on the flat ground.

So if you go to somewhere on the equator, Singapore or Quito for example, with a piece of chalk, you can mark the tip of the shadow of a flagpole or lamp post every hour from sunrise to sunset. If the earth is flat, joining the chalk marks will show the distinct curve the sun follows as it circles us. If the earth is round the marks will describe a dead straight line.

Simple, isn't it? It's astounding no flat-earther has ever demonstrated this to a disbelieving world.

Last edited by Jack by the hedge; 29th April 2020 at 01:41 AM.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2020, 06:29 AM   #375
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

That's the lighthouse in Margate, the English town where British artist J.M.W. Turner lived and painted many of his classics.
Turner’s image is featured on the other side of the note, along with one of his masterpieces, The Fighting Temeraire.

nothing to do with floods.
UKK bank notes always feature a notable historic figure and the imagery on the note is based around that person.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2020, 06:30 AM   #376
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Dundee? Check your clues again. Their bridge came down in 1879. McGonagall wrote a hilariously bad poem about it.

Anyway the sticking point right now is that you can only be right if the earth is flat. So to convince us, you need evidence that the earth is flat. But fear not, there is a way:

At the equinoxes, the sun moves across the sky directly above the equator, right? Thus it appears to travel around the earth and ends up back where it started after 24 hours. So the equator is a circle. Okay so far?

Well if the earth was round, the equator would just be the familiar hoop around the earth's middle, but if the earth was flat, the equator would be a big circle on the flat ground.

So if you go to somewhere on the equator, Singapore or Quito for example, with a piece of chalk, you can mark the tip of the shadow of a flagpole or lamp post every hour from sunrise to sunset. If the earth is flat, joining the chalk marks will show the distinct curve the sun follows as it circles us. If the earth is round the marks will describe a dead straight line.

Simple, isn't it? It's astounding no flat-earther has ever demonstrated this to a disbelieving world.
Or, at Noon, just phone friend in a different time and ask them where the Sun is in they sky.
Old 29th April 2020, 07:47 AM   #377
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Or, at Noon, just phone friend in a different time and ask them where the Sun is in they sky.
Yeah, but you could never be quite sure the Freemasons weren't holding their family hostage and forcing them to lie to you. I expect there's a film about that.
Old 29th April 2020, 09:46 AM   #378
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

The sleeper must awake!
How does a sextant work to find position at sea then?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2020, 04:45 PM   #379
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Oh my god, it turns out Gilius has been right all along. I just saw this video and now it all makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfr6...9lvnQ9&index=5
Old 29th April 2020, 06:30 PM   #380
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Oh my god, it turns out Gilius has been right all along. I just saw this video and now it all makes sense.

Oh ****** I watched that and now my New World handler tells me a black helicopter is on the way to pick me up for reprogramming.
Old 4th May 2020, 04:49 AM   #381
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Well, as you saw the Hawkings "earth" poster has some merit - ...
This poster wasn't a prediction of the 2016 Presidential Election result.

Last edited by The Common Potato; 4th May 2020 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Added quote
The Common Potato is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 05:21 AM   #382
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker

Well, as you saw the Hawkings "earth" poster has some merit - but not so much in isolation without it's counterpart Freemasons "earth" poster displayed opposite. Since the elite has been feeding us clues in plain sight for 50+ years, a single poster is never going to cut it. Therefore, your approach is all wrong.

If i am one of those old men behind the curtain pulling the strings and providing my subjects with a daily propaganda feed of my WIP project scheduled to be implemented at a later date then how might I provide you with a surface level narration in articles about coronavirus & flooding together with movies about viruses & flooding whilst at the same time encoding a subtext that could be "read between the lines", detailing the progress of my project; and more importantly, what method could the observer use to decode a potential subtext from a collection of movies and news articles?

If you are not Sherlock Holmes then you are as good as one of Jack the Ripper's victims.
Possibly only to 2523. I mean, so far the OP's portents of doom only mention the "23" part. Maybe he has to watch all those movies over again and concentrate really hard to spot the clues about which century the Freemasons will strike. Or maybe those clues aren't in the movies. They might be in books the movies are based on. Or in TV shows that spin off the movies. Or hidden in the comments on review sites. He's the only one who can recognise what's a clue and what isn't so it looks like he might be busy for a while. Couple of centuries, I wouldn't be surprised.
Hope gilius doesn't mean just before half past eight in the evening.
The Common Potato is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2020, 05:29 AM   #383
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker

Now this bloke what I call an oligarchillumanatus. He uses just the right tone of superior encouragement.
Old 4th May 2020, 05:34 AM   #384
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
A conspiracy theory delusion that the Earth is not a globe.

Anyone with eyes can confirm that the Earth is a globe. Go to a port. Watch ships go out to sea. See them vanish over the curvature of the Earth hull first, superstructure and then masts.
Sphere today, gone tomorrow.
Old 13th June 2020, 01:13 AM   #385
MBDK
New Blood

Wow! Sorry I found this so late. But I hope you people are happy with yourselves. It appears you kept gilius engaged long enough that the MIB were able to track him down and take him away for *ahem* re-education. Still, I have it on good authority that his return will be foreshadowed by cryptic clues to be found in the next Hollywood blockbuster.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2020, 09:32 AM   #386
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

So...what's Patrick Stewart's role in all of this?

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2020, 07:25 AM   #387
Manger Douse
Muse

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
So...what's Patrick Stewart's role in all of this?
He made it so
Manger Douse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2020, 09:42 AM   #388
bknight
Master Poster

You wasted your precious time to watch an incorrect video? Probably put $.005 in his pocket.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2020, 10:15 AM   #389
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Ok I'll do it. I will watch and go through this video tonight and discuss all the "evidence" in it. If there is anything I wish to comment on I will include a rough timestamp, same as if there is anything I want to ask for more info on.

I know, I know I'm a sucker but hey, why not?

Unless someone has already done this?

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2020, 10:37 AM   #390
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

What kind of gun should I get to defend me and my family from Horse-Locusts?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2020, 12:18 PM   #391
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Ok I'll do it. I will watch and go through this video tonight and discuss all the "evidence" in it. If there is anything I wish to comment on I will include a rough timestamp, same as if there is anything I want to ask for more info on.

I know, I know I'm a sucker but hey, why not?

Unless someone has already done this?
Be sure to wear your tin foil hat.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2020, 12:28 PM   #392
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Might not be able to tonight actually but I promise I will do it!

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2020, 01:07 PM   #393
Agatha
Winking at the Moon
Deputy Admin

Mod Warning Please ensure that any pictures posted to this thread do not stretch the page; use the image width bbcode tags (imgw=nnn and /imgw in square brackets) with nnn being 740 or less.
Posted By:Agatha

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories