IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , JFK conspiracies , John F. Kennedy

Old 18th April 2020, 11:15 AM   #241
Axxman300
Illuminator

Wow, this thread...just...wow...
Old 18th April 2020, 11:20 AM   #242
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Instead of telling a bunch of strangers on a skeptics forum that you are receiving cryptic messages hidden in movies warning that the Freemasons are going to wipe out civilisation in 2023, tell a doctor.
Doctor: How can I help you?
Gilius: Just watch this video.
Doctor: Does the video show your symptoms or something?
Gilius: Just watch the video.

22 minutes later...

Doctor: Oh my god! How can we prevent this from happening?
Old 18th April 2020, 11:31 AM   #243
Axxman300
Illuminator

Originally Posted by gilius View Post
Jurassic Park is all about concentration camps with watch towers and electric fences; didn't you know? Even Eyes Wide Shut features a symbolic representation:
Jurassic Park is a Michael Crichton novel which was made into a movie. It had nothing to do with concentration camps, and everything to do with exploring the question of pushing a scientific concept into reality without fully thinking it through. Crichton was a physician who , before medical school, had studied biological anthropology. His first novel, The Andromeda Strain was written in his final year of medical school.

My guess is you're not familiar with The Andromeda Strain.

Crichton used his scientific background to write compelling science fiction based on abstract scientific concepts wherein he used them to explore the human condition, and the popular culture of his day. Jurassic Park was just an updated version of his earlier amusement park-gone-wrong novel, Westworld, where instead of androids rebelling it was dinosaurs.

Less time looking at movies and more time reading books is a good idea.
Old 18th April 2020, 12:46 PM   #244
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Less time looking at movies and more time reading books is a good idea.

No no no! If he reads books he'll soon notice that nearly every single book has a page 20, quickly followed by a page 23. The implications are staggering!
Old 18th April 2020, 12:59 PM   #245
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
No no no! If he reads books he'll soon notice that nearly every single book has a page 20, quickly followed by a page 23. The implications are staggering!
Hmmm...I wonder what's on page 23 of "Tropic of Cancer".
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 01:02 PM   #246
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, it's like falling off of the side of Machu Picchu and you keep falling and falling and then you remember you've never been to South America and you've been doing peyote for six straight days.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 01:03 PM   #247
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Have you looked at a map? The only place North Korea can test missiles is over the ocean. They don't have vast tracts of land for firing ranges. Hell, even the US tests missiles over the ocean.

North Korea firing missiles into the sea doesn't mean anything special.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 01:05 PM   #248
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Are there any safe movies, or movies which debunk "Surviving 2023"

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
I was thinking he needs to watch this one.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Anygood? 3/5, 4/5, 2/5?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/they_live

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I'm not sure he needs to be watching any more movies. A walk about in the sunshine, take some air (while social distancing) will do a world of good here.
... good advice that "he might not" take
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 01:25 PM   #249
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Are there any safe movies, or movies which debunk "Surviving 2023"

Anygood? 3/5, 4/5, 2/5?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/they_live

... good advice that "he might not" take
I planted my potatoes and tied my pinto beans this afternoon. It was still a little brisk but getting in the garden, putting my hands in the soil was just what the doctor ordered. He should get out into nature and try growing a few things. Really focuses the mind, makes you forget all this end of the world nonsense about videos and floods and whatnot.
Old 18th April 2020, 05:23 PM   #250
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Have you looked at a map? The only place North Korea can test missiles is over the ocean. They don't have vast tracts of land for firing ranges. Hell, even the US tests missiles over the ocean.

North Korea firing missiles into the sea doesn't mean anything special.
Everything is special if you have enough colored yarn to connect the dots.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 05:33 PM   #251
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Doctor: How can I help you?
Gilius: Just watch this video.
Doctor: Does the video show your symptoms or something?
Gilius: Just watch the video.

22 minutes later...

Doctor: Oh my god! How can we prevent this from happening?
Well, exactly. There you are. In that scenario he managed to recruit 1 person, which is a hell of a lot better result than he's managing here.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2020, 08:03 AM   #252
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I just got an invitation on Facebook to join the Illuminati. Pretty exciting.

Just want to check with Gilius that it's legit before I sign up. $50 million and a free house is not to be sniffed at. (Though if they're giving me $50M I imagine I can just buy my own house.)

"Hello are you interested in joining the Illuminati brotherhood for riches and fame and success in life. This is an open invitation for anyone who want to join this illuminati Brotherhood. Join now .new members are rewarded with $50million USD and a free house in any country of your choice WhatsApp agent on+234<number redacted for sooper secrecy>"
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2020, 08:46 AM   #253
bknight
Master Poster

gilius seems to have disappeared since not any of us watched his poor video and didn't engage in "constructive" criticism.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2020, 09:20 AM   #254
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
gilius seems to have disappeared since not any of us watched his poor video and didn't engage in "constructive" criticism.
Perhaps he's been scared off by agents of the Freemasons who didn't like the way he's spotted all those clues they had painstakingly created to be so vague and obscure they thought literally nobody would ever even notice them.
Old 20th April 2020, 12:24 PM   #255
Axxman300
Illuminator

I just got an invitation on Facebook to join the Illuminati. Pretty exciting.

Just want to check with Gilius that it's legit before I sign up. $50 million and a free house is not to be sniffed at. (Though if they're giving me $50M I imagine I can just buy my own house.)

"Hello are you interested in joining the Illuminati brotherhood for riches and fame and success in life. This is an open invitation for anyone who want to join this illuminati Brotherhood. Join now .new members are rewarded with $50million USD and a free house in any country of your choice WhatsApp agent on+234<number redacted for sooper secrecy>"
Actually, you're usually pre-selected by the Illuminati. One day you come home and discover a mysterious block of cheese in your refrigerator. Congealed within the cheese is your sooper seekreht membership ring, and skeleton key. The key will unlock every door on earth. Engraved inside your ring is your Swiss Bank Account number where you can access your $50 million. And that's $50 every month.

Sure, we're going to expect you to do nefarious things, but you'll love our dental plan.
Old 20th April 2020, 01:37 PM   #256
Wolrab
Illuminator

I wonder how many 33rd degree Freemasons will survive Covid-19?
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2020, 07:34 PM   #257
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
I wonder how many 33rd degree Freemasons will survive Covid-19?
Most likely just as many as the rest of us.

A couple of years back the town I lived had an open house day for organizations that you generally could not visit spontaneously. Churches, craft breweries, historic houses and the like. So I visited the local masonic temple. It turned out that someone I knew rather remotely was a member.

I got the grand tour. As I said to my wife when I got home, the whole thing seemed like a silly exercise of purportedly grown men behaving like a bunch of boys. Club house, no girls, secret initiation ceremonies, and etc.

Of course, that may be just a front and they really do run the World and all. But, if they do, they don't run it very well.
Old 20th April 2020, 10:32 PM   #258
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Most likely just as many as the rest of us.

A couple of years back the town I lived had an open house day for organizations that you generally could not visit spontaneously. Churches, craft breweries, historic houses and the like. So I visited the local masonic temple. It turned out that someone I knew rather remotely was a member.

I got the grand tour. As I said to my wife when I got home, the whole thing seemed like a silly exercise of purportedly grown men behaving like a bunch of boys. Club house, no girls, secret initiation ceremonies, and etc.

Of course, that may be just a front and they really do run the World and all. But, if they do, they don't run it very well.
Aprons.

Oh, and goats, apparently. Shemp may know.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2020, 07:11 PM   #259
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Aprons.

Ah, but did they show you the secret Camel and Car dance?

https://giphy.com/gifs/kFB6vZEUWP2Hi...-FU0YY4ARSjkQw
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2020, 09:17 PM   #260
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Aprons.

I think those are the Grangers.

Seriously (well, not very, but maybe a little), given the Grange's mystical agrarian hoo-hah I'm a little surprised the conspiracy theorists haven't lumped them in with the rest. I mean really. Remember the Children of the Corn? Meet the parents! Time to give the old Grange a little popular boost. Once upon a time they had the best group health plan around!

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2020, 09:40 PM   #261
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

You cannot suddenly have 22 years of extreme weather storms and global flooding that begin on a date scheduled 50+ years ago by those in control of technology (etc.) without some sort of "weather machine" ....
That is evidence of ignorance of science that makes looking at your video a waste of time, gilius.

There is no evidence that whatever you mean by "extreme weather storms and global flooding" started exactly 22 years ago.

The climate science is that we have had over a century of global warming that is explained by the CO2 that we have emitted. That warming would always cause more extreme weather events.
Is extreme weather caused by global warming?
Quote:
There is growing empirical evidence that warming temperatures cause more intense hurricanes, heavier rainfalls and flooding, increased conditions for wildfires and dangerous heat waves.
The scientific papers cited include one with "widespread drying over Africa, East and South Asia, and other areas from 1950 to 2008", another with a 30 year trend of increasing tropical cyclone wind speeds, etc.

We have
  1. No imaginary "weather machine" run by an imaginary group in charge of technology is needed. Some paranoia/fantasy that you know what this imaginary group scheduled 50+ years ago.
  2. You cannot understand that Jurassic Park and other movies are works of fiction and never really happened!
  3. A fantasy that most films reference 2023 or that this is relevant to the real world.
  4. Idiotic images from films.
  5. A "Oh look, I've found the weather machine..." lie (images from Bond films).
  6. A "2023:" fantasy (images of Boris Johnson in news briefings about COVID-19).
  7. "The oligarchs did not come this far to stop now" paranoia/nonsense with images from films.
  8. More idiotic images from films with "Sea of Japan subtitles, etc. (paranoia about Japan or the Japanese?).
  9. A "Flat Earth filmmakers are obliged to include 2023 in their movies" lie when you have an unsourced image of a restaurant with a table number 23.
  10. Repeated demands to watch your video.
    Your posts here show that video is probably full of more is ignorance, fantasies and maybe lies.
  11. A video obsessing about the number 23.
    23 appears in an infinite number of years: 2123, 2223, 2323, or I only needed to watch about 5 minutes of that video to learn that we are all going to have a problem in 23,000 A.D
    That is an actual thing: 23 enigma: "The 23 enigma is a belief in the significance of the number 23" because 2 + 3 = 5 and 5 is magically significant.

Last edited by Reality Check; 21st April 2020 at 10:05 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 01:57 AM   #262
Stee
Thinker

It is amazing isn't it!
"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose." - Adrian Carton de Wiart
Stee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 03:19 AM   #263
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
… There is no evidence that whatever you mean by "extreme weather storms and global flooding" started exactly 22 years ago.
I think his ambiguous-expressed claim is actually that 22 years of freak weather is soon to commence, when the Freemasons switch their diabolical machine on.
Old 22nd April 2020, 04:00 AM   #264
catsmate
No longer the 1

Here's proof - using only empirical evidence <gibber snip>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGHuFTvXC-k
You obviously don't understand what this term actually means.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 02:26 PM   #265
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

I think his ambiguous-expressed claim is actually that 22 years of freak weather is soon to commence, when the Freemasons switch their diabolical machine on.
Then he is extremely wrong because the real world says that his imaginary weather machine has been switched on for decades!
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 06:25 PM   #266
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stee View Post
It is amazing isn't it!
This thread would be so much better if I was allowed to use marijuana.
Old 22nd April 2020, 06:36 PM   #267
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

This thread would be so much better if I was allowed to use marijuana.
As long as you don't watch the video. The damned thing would go on forever!

Old 23rd April 2020, 01:40 AM   #268
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Then he is extremely wrong because the real world says that his imaginary weather machine has been switched on for decades!
I'm betting on some junior evil technician in the Freemasons getting a couple of wires crossed, causing the infernal weather machine to run backwards, and when they switch it on it accidentally fixes climate change.

The result is that the Freemasons are universally lauded as the saviours of mankind and in a Scrooge-like epiphany they abandon their evil ways and instead, with profound irony, are elevated by popular acclaim to be World Leaders in Perpetuity, ushering in a thousand years of peace and harmony.

So everybody gets what they want and we all live happily ever after.
Old 25th April 2020, 04:30 AM   #269
gilius
Thinker

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Does the video include evidence from Outbreak and The Abyss?

What about The Poseidon Adventure? What about the remake, Poseidon? Are both of those full of clues? Just the original? Just the remake?
There will be a major Outbreak and major salt, i.e. flooding, come 2023. And The Poseidon Adventure was quite helpful in explaining how to increase our chances of survival.

Last edited by Agatha; 15th June 2020 at 12:44 PM. Reason: more page-stretching pictures
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2020, 04:38 AM   #270
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Okay, I'll play: What weird series of imagined overconnections led you from the character name "Major Salt" to "flooding"?

Lead us through it. Baby steps, please. Remember this stuff only appears to make sense to you, so if you just give us hints and expect us to join the dots, that won't work as our dots don't join the way yours do.
Old 25th April 2020, 04:57 AM   #271
gilius
Thinker

Okay, I'll play: What weird series of imagined overconnections led you from the character name "Major Salt" to "flooding"?

Lead us through it. Baby steps, please. Remember this stuff only appears to make sense to you, so if you just give us hints and expect us to join the dots, that won't work as our dots don't join the way yours do.
My video provides the basis for the global flood, and so when "Oceania" begins forming in 2023 (see earlier screenshot I posted from the early movie 1984) it will essentially be an extension of the salt-water sea as per Waterworld (1995). And we also know that an inhospitable desert will form in the Middle East (leaving only "salt" and "citadels" to the west).

More from Outbreak (1995) - man with the virus collapses same time the aquarium spills over:

Last edited by Agatha; 15th June 2020 at 12:45 PM. Reason: yet more page stretchy picures
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2020, 05:36 AM   #272
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

My video provides the basis for the global flood,
I believe you will find that water generally provides the basis for most floods.
Old 25th April 2020, 07:06 AM   #273
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

My video provides the basis for the global flood, and so when "Oceania" begins forming in 2023 (see earlier screenshot I posted from the early movie 1984) it will essentially be an extension of the salt-water sea as per Waterworld (1995). And we also know that an inhospitable desert will form in the Middle East (leaving only "salt" and "citadels" to the west).
Just checking: you know that "Oceania" in 1984 is not some imagined future continent, right? It's a name for a collection of present day countries. When Orwell wrote 1984, in 1947, he initially called it "1948" but his publisher made him change the title as it would soon be out of date. It's not set in the distant future. It's not even set in 2023. And there won't be any new continents in 2023.

So, if I may paraphrase, you just decided that "Major Salt" means flooding because the sea is salty and you reckon some places that don't flood will become dry salt flats, except they will all be underwater like Waterworld. Dry, underwater desert salt flats. Got it.

You know what else is salty? Nuts.
Old 26th April 2020, 01:10 AM   #274
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker

I'd rather take all the skin off my left leg with a dull potato peeler.
I think you might be referring to my dimwitted early British law enforcement ancestor. Or not.
The Common Potato is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 01:23 AM   #275
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find

Looks like it might have been brought forward a bit.
The Common Potato is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 01:59 AM   #276
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by The Common Potato View Post
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find

Looks like it might have been brought forward a bit.
Possibly only to 2523. I mean, so far the OP's portents of doom only mention the "23" part. Maybe he has to watch all those movies over again and concentrate really hard to spot the clues about which century the Freemasons will strike. Or maybe those clues aren't in the movies. They might be in books the movies are based on. Or in TV shows that spin off the movies. Or hidden in the comments on review sites. He's the only one who can recognise what's a clue and what isn't so it looks like he might be busy for a while. Couple of centuries, I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 26th April 2020, 03:15 AM   #277
gilius
Thinker

Just checking: you know that "Oceania" in 1984 is not some imagined future continent, right? It's a name for a collection of present day countries. When Orwell wrote 1984, in 1947, he initially called it "1948" but his publisher made him change the title as it would soon be out of date. It's not set in the distant future. It's not even set in 2023. And there won't be any new continents in 2023.

So, if I may paraphrase, you just decided that "Major Salt" means flooding because the sea is salty and you reckon some places that don't flood will become dry salt flats, except they will all be underwater like Waterworld. Dry, underwater desert salt flats. Got it.

You know what else is salty? Nuts.
In this world of deception, whatever people may say to pull the wool over our eyes, has little or no value; the evidence remains as fact to tell us the truth, i.e. genuine screenshots from movies that can be verified as such.

Last edited by Agatha; 15th June 2020 at 12:47 PM. Reason: page stretching pictures
Old 26th April 2020, 03:22 AM   #278
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

What exactly do you think genuine screenshots from movies are evidence of, other than that movie makers make movies? And why?
Old 26th April 2020, 03:43 AM   #279
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

In this world of deception, whatever people may say to pull the wool over our eyes, has little or no value; the evidence remains as fact to tell us the truth, i.e. genuine screenshots from movies that can be verified as such.
I note that the stills you selected confirm what I said: Oceania was a newly formed police state in that story and not new land which rose out of the sea. You can't pull the wool over our eyes.
Old 26th April 2020, 04:08 AM   #280
gilius
Thinker

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
What exactly do you think genuine screenshots from movies are evidence of, other than that movie makers make movies? And why?
We've already covered that throughout the previous pages of this topic:
*Entertainment industry controlled by the oligarchs as is everything else, including banking, technology and even the calendar system, etc.
*The most expensive multi-million dollar productions - with guidance from the elite based on "the pyramid" (or capitalist control system) - are made for propaganda purposes that provide legacy for the elite for a future "new world" that will look back at the "old world" as being idiots and the elite as Gods.
*Propaganda reveals details of future planned crimes against humanity and cultural changes, as per Simpsons/911, etc.
*One such vanity project covered by the corpus of Hollywood movies is the 2023 ebola + global flood - includes many other themes/details as covered by my Surviving 2023 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGHuFTvXC-k
*Propaganda is not only confined to movies - but also in videogames, comic books, LP covers, advertisements, news articles, cartoons, radio, religions... everything that the elite has control over by proxy.

Again, if the evidence doesn't tell you the truth then you need to keep looking at it till it does.

Even money can contain propaganda: lighthouse + seawall being indicative of citadels on water as per the movie Blade Runner 2049 (2017).

Last edited by Agatha; 15th June 2020 at 12:48 PM. Reason: more page-stretching images

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories