IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , JFK conspiracies , John F. Kennedy

Reply
Old 26th April 2020, 04:30 AM   #281
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
The oligarchs and their use of propaganda also instructs us on how to increase our chances of survival:

Last edited by gilius; 26th April 2020 at 04:34 AM.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 04:40 AM   #282
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,150
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
Again, if the evidence doesn't tell you the truth then you need to keep looking at it till it does.
I'm pretty sure I can look at screenshots from movies until I'm blue in the face without ever seeing them as evidence of anything other than that movie makers (of varying degrees of talent) make movies.

The movies they make are clearly influenced by the times they live in and the current tastes of their audience, but then what else would you expect?

Let's try this: give me a description of the kind of screenshot you would expect to see instead if your, um, imaginative hypothesis was false.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 04:53 AM   #283
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,978
Do the people who get rich by making movies try to make movies that will get big audiences to make them richer, or do they make movies to send secret clues that they intend to murder all the people who pay to see their movies? If it's the latter, are they stupid? I recognise that being stupid is not a bar to becoming powerful, but I just want to understand this paranoid fantasy world a little better. Do they realise that when they have murdered all of their customers the money will stop coming in?
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 04:56 AM   #284
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I'm pretty sure I can look at screenshots from movies until I'm blue in the face without ever seeing them as evidence of anything other than that movie makers (of varying degrees of talent) make movies.

The movies they make are clearly influenced by the times they live in and the current tastes of their audience, but then what else would you expect?

Let's try this: give me a description of the kind of screenshot you would expect to see instead if your, um, imaginative hypothesis was false.
That's why the Surviving 2023 video exists - to build up the corpus and demonstrate design over coincidence.

You see, you've also missed other things that we've already discussed in the topic already: two or more pieces of evidence from the same corpus is better than one, as shown by the 2 poster examples: tube station + BBC/North Korea.

Again, one screenshot or one movie is never going to be enough to join the dots and build up a holistic understanding, so your thinking is all wrong; and that goes back to my previous quote too about how an old man might guide several directors and crew at his helm to include propaganda as a subtext to the main surface level narrations.

It's the same with the New Testament: it's only when you pair Josephus alongside it that the gospel stories start to make sense as Roman propaganda otherwise alone they have no meaning.

So we continue to have circular conversations.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 05:11 AM   #285
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,150
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
That's why the Surviving 2023 video exists - to build up the corpus and demonstrate design over coincidence.

You see, you've also missed other things that we've already discussed in the topic already: two or more pieces of evidence from the same corpus is better than one, as shown by the 2 poster examples: tube station + BBC/North Korea.
I came late to the thread but I've read it all, and all I've seen is cherry picked screenshots intended to support your bizarre hypothesis (though rarely succeeding in doing so).

That is not how you support an hypothesis - at least it's not how someone who has the tiniest hint of a clue what they're doing supports an hypothesis. You don't just look for data to confirm it, you look equally hard for data to disprove it. You use your hypothesis to make predictions of both what will and will not happen under carefully specified conditions, and then look to see if you're right.

So I ask again: what kind of screenshots would you expect never to see if your hypothesis is false? Then you (and we) can look for them. If anyone finds one, that is evidence against your hypothesis.

You can also use your hypothesis to predict what screenshots you expect to see in as yet unreleased films, if you like, and we can look for those too.

See how it works? It's not rocket science.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 05:25 AM   #286
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Do the people who get rich by making movies try to make movies that will get big audiences to make them richer, or do they make movies to send secret clues that they intend to murder all the people who pay to see their movies? If it's the latter, are they stupid? I recognise that being stupid is not a bar to becoming powerful, but I just want to understand this paranoid fantasy world a little better. Do they realise that when they have murdered all of their customers the money will stop coming in?
OK, let's discuss it over a few concepts.

1. Money is created out of thin air and used as a weapon to ensure the masses are always working to pay off debts and have little or no free time to figure out their perceived democracy is really a dictatorship distracting them in order to buy time for their annihilation through perfection of bioweapons and technology, etc. And even when the technology is perfected, the genocide has to occur at a key moment in time and must satisfy certain occult/ritualistic conditions to make it more significant and grandiose.

2. Since money is created out of thin air and controlled by the central bank then some companies just exist by power over the land without actually needing any funding per se besides adjusting a few numbers for the employee's electronic bank accounts. For example, a company named SAIMR was setup with about 5,000 employees just to spread HIV through South Africa and the Congo, among other things.

3. The more popular the movie the greater the audience, hence the more people who become humiliated and mocked, resulting in ever greater legacy for the elite, as Gods, and relief of their suffering. It has nothing to do with money.

4. The clues planted in plain sight are the basis for the aforesaid humiliation/mockery - but also to alert/intimidate others within their secret societies of their continued work on the project and how special they are - since 99% of the population are being tripped up without seeing the banana skin right before them; what's more, the masses are so mind controlled that they cannot even tell what is real anymore. And to other Freemasons who were forcibly woken up as part of their training, it must be quite scary for them who are then tasked, as part of their oath, to make everything white seem black; and everything black seem white.

Last edited by gilius; 26th April 2020 at 05:28 AM.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 05:41 AM   #287
applecorped
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 20,145
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 05:42 AM   #288
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I came late to the thread but I've read it all, and all I've seen is cherry picked screenshots intended to support your bizarre hypothesis (though rarely succeeding in doing so).

That is not how you support an hypothesis - at least it's not how someone who has the tiniest hint of a clue what they're doing supports an hypothesis. You don't just look for data to confirm it, you look equally hard for data to disprove it. You use your hypothesis to make predictions of both what will and will not happen under carefully specified conditions, and then look to see if you're right.

So I ask again: what kind of screenshots would you expect never to see if your hypothesis is false? Then you (and we) can look for them. If anyone finds one, that is evidence against your hypothesis.

You can also use your hypothesis to predict what screenshots you expect to see in as yet unreleased films, if you like, and we can look for those too.

See how it works? It's not rocket science.
It looks like cherry picked coincidences because the evidence, being in plain sight, is so easy to come by. And because such a psychopathic conspiracy is too monstrous to imagine you automatically assumed it was cherry picked rather than being readily available by design.

As I've already mentioned: it's difficult to find a movie these days that doesn't feature 2023 propaganda - actually comprises 37+ themes as covered by the Surviving 2023 video; "23" and global flood propaganda isn't the only thing being "cherry picked" here - but the numerology/dating behind this project is your first lesson to begin understanding it.

My local golf course has 3 cherry trees + 1 wild cherry tree in one area, and they are not there by coincidence.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 06:10 AM   #289
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,150
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
It looks like cherry picked coincidences because the evidence, being in plain sight, is so easy to come by. And because such a psychopathic conspiracy is too monstrous to imagine you automatically assumed it was cherry picked rather than being readily available by design.

As I've already mentioned: it's difficult to find a movie these days that doesn't feature 2023 propaganda - actually comprises 37+ themes as covered by the Surviving 2023 video; "23" and global flood propaganda isn't the only thing being "cherry picked" here - but the numerology/dating behind this project is your first lesson to begin understanding it.

My local golf course has 3 cherry trees + 1 wild cherry tree in one area, and they are not there by coincidence.
I notice you didn't answer my question, so you obviously still don't understand why no amount of screenshots that can be interpreted in a way that fits your hypothesis are meaningful evidence in support of it.

I can only suggest you reread my posts (or a good primer on the scientific method) until you do understand.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 06:23 AM   #290
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I notice you didn't answer my question, so you obviously still don't understand why no amount of screenshots that can be interpreted in a way that fits your hypothesis are meaningful evidence in support of it.

I can only suggest you reread my posts (or a good primer on the scientific method) until you do understand.
We have already discussed several screenshots in the topic and how to begin joining the dots through a propaganda lens. For example when a guy collapses from the virus, the breaking and spilling over of an aquarium is also emphasized. But you have yet to read the topic properly and watch the opening video that takes us through the evidence and sets the foundation for this topic in the first place.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 06:52 AM   #291
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,150
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
We have already discussed several screenshots in the topic and how to begin joining the dots through a propaganda lens. For example when a guy collapses from the virus, the breaking and spilling over of an aquarium is also emphasized. But you have yet to read the topic properly and watch the opening video that takes us through the evidence and sets the foundation for this topic in the first place.
"Joining the dots", in this case, is akin to pareidolia.

The human tendency to find a signal in the noise, even when there is only noise, is the reason the scientific method had to be invented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 06:57 AM   #292
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 28,198
What an amazing thread. Do wonders never cease? I think Gilius has come close to proviing without a doubt that there is such a thing as a "movie." I'm impressed.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 07:10 AM   #293
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,996
Just out of curiosity, where does all the extra water come from? We have a reasonable idea how high the sea levels would get if all the ice on earth melts, and you put it at 2-3 times higher than that.

Or is that also found in movies?
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 07:57 AM   #294
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,978
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
OK, let's discuss it over a few concepts.

<crazy garbage snipped for brevity>.
Okay, that's all bonkers but also oddly familiar: The Freemasons are giggling behind our backs while preparing to murder us all. Yeah, I've heard it before, except it was the Illuminati that time and they were going to turn all the shopping malls into death camps. They had been waiting for centuries for an auspicious moment but I guess the Freemasons have been around for centuries too. Imagine all those generations of Masons, wasting their whole lives hoping this will be the year they get to murder all the non-Freemasons and live like princes. Sad.

The only interesting question is, in 2023 when all this nonsense doesn't happen, will you come back and admit it was nonsense or will you come back with a reset and tell us all about your portents for 2026?
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 08:35 AM   #295
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,150
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
"Joining the dots", in this case, is akin to pareidolia.
Sorry to quote myself but I said "akin to pareidolia" because I couldn't remember the more general, and appropriate, term which I have now looked up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 08:35 AM   #296
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
Just out of curiosity, where does all the extra water come from? We have a reasonable idea how high the sea levels would get if all the ice on earth melts, and you put it at 2-3 times higher than that.

Or is that also found in movies?
If you watch the video then you will learn that the additional water will be coming from the dome/firmament after being opened up temporarily - and that tons of propaganda exists for this also - as part of the 23 project. That's why the earth is viewed as an aquarium; a Tesla coil in terms of the weather machine (or "engine"); and we are the crown's virus that must be reduced to keep population levels in perpetual balance.




Last edited by Agatha; 15th June 2020 at 12:51 PM. Reason: more page stretching pictures
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 08:52 AM   #297
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
"Joining the dots", in this case, is akin to pareidolia.

The human tendency to find a signal in the noise, even when there is only noise, is the reason the scientific method had to be invented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases
Science and other capitalist controlled academia are on trial here, hence we are appealing to empirical evidence for the truth, which is nothing like random noise on this occasion - but very sophisticated man-made propaganda.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 09:01 AM   #298
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 22,832
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
It looks like cherry picked coincidences because the evidence, being in plain sight, is so easy to come by. And because such a psychopathic conspiracy is too monstrous to imagine you automatically assumed it was cherry picked rather than being readily available by design.

As I've already mentioned: it's difficult to find a movie these days that doesn't feature 2023 propaganda - actually comprises 37+ themes as covered by the Surviving 2023 video; "23" and global flood propaganda isn't the only thing being "cherry picked" here - but the numerology/dating behind this project is your first lesson to begin understanding it.

My local golf course has 3 cherry trees + 1 wild cherry tree in one area, and they are not there by coincidence.
But all this stuff of yours, they are all just movies. It's not real. Movies are just the product of the imaginations of writers, directors, actors and producers (among others). They're just stories that studios think people might want to watch. It's all just make-believe, like when you were a kid only with more money for special effects. There are no dots here because there's no here, here.

All this effort you went to, it's nothing. It doesn't matter. You've wasted what looks like a good chunk of your life on nothing.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 09:14 AM   #299
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Okay, that's all bonkers but also oddly familiar: The Freemasons are giggling behind our backs while preparing to murder us all. Yeah, I've heard it before, except it was the Illuminati that time and they were going to turn all the shopping malls into death camps. They had been waiting for centuries for an auspicious moment but I guess the Freemasons have been around for centuries too. Imagine all those generations of Masons, wasting their whole lives hoping this will be the year they get to murder all the non-Freemasons and live like princes. Sad.

The only interesting question is, in 2023 when all this nonsense doesn't happen, will you come back and admit it was nonsense or will you come back with a reset and tell us all about your portents for 2026?
Your description is about right - Illuminati being a convenient umbrella term to describe the secret societies comprising Freemasons and others. Alex Jones has spent 20 years making a case for the FEMA camps - but he missed out some crucial points - namely the 2023 ebola+global flood catalyst for Martial Law. He also missed out the identity of the elite even though they reveal themselves in nearly every Hollywood blockbuster. Without knowing the bigger picture (or trees amongst the forest) any knowledge of just FEMA camps alone does little to protect us from the project at large. 2023 is the sequel to 911 - and in some respects the sequel to world war II - since it goes back to those times prior to NASA's foundation. And without taking the next logical step after learning about 911 or the globe earth deception then we are almost certainly doomed. People keep asking who is behind 911 and I keep telling them: if you are a good enough detective then you will look at the YouTube video called September 10th 2001 (the day before) to find out the answer or check what they found perfectly preserved in the ashes besides a passport.

Jack by the hedge, likewise, if you are wrong about 2023 despite the tip-off and opportunity to examine the evidence then what will you say to your children/grandchildren when asked "were you not concerned about our future, Jack; why didn't you just watch gilius' video...?"

Last edited by gilius; 26th April 2020 at 09:16 AM.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 09:16 AM   #300
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,150
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
Science and other capitalist controlled academia are on trial here, hence we are appealing to empirical evidence for the truth, which is nothing like random noise on this occasion - but very sophisticated man-made propaganda.
The only way to tell if it's "sophisticated man-made propaganda" or random noise is to use the scientific method. Anyone can understand the necessity for it and use it to collect empirical evidence, you don't have to be a member of the "capitalist controlled academia" to do so. Fail to do so and you can easily fool yourself into all sorts of false beliefs.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 09:28 AM   #301
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
But all this stuff of yours, they are all just movies. It's not real. Movies are just the product of the imaginations of writers, directors, actors and producers (among others). They're just stories that studios think people might want to watch. It's all just make-believe, like when you were a kid only with more money for special effects. There are no dots here because there's no here, here.

All this effort you went to, it's nothing. It doesn't matter. You've wasted what looks like a good chunk of your life on nothing.
That's what we were led to believe and why movies make an ideal medium to express the secret language of the oligarchs because nobody would ever suspect to find the truth there, manifesting as propaganda puzzles, but instead rely on the lies in the official media and the hired opposition of the truth movement to guide them. Some peeps went as far as to spot 911 in the Simpsons and Rugrats and refer to it, incorrectly, as "predictive programming" - but they failed to take that understanding/analysis to the next level.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 09:34 AM   #302
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 22,832
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
That's what we were led to believe and why movies make an ideal medium to express the secret language of the oligarchs because nobody would ever suspect to find the truth there, manifesting as propaganda puzzles, but instead rely on the lies in the official media and the hired opposition of the truth movement to guide them. Some peeps went as far as to spot 911 in the Simpsons and Rugrats and refer to it, incorrectly, as "predictive programming" - but they failed to take that understanding/analysis to the next level.
Nope, none of what you are saying is true. It's all just made up stories. You've wasted too much of your life on this already. Try to find something to do that might actually have some value. Maybe volunteer with the Arbor Day Foundation and go out and plant trees. It would help you a lot to get outside a bit, away from all this meaningless nonsense.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 09:40 AM   #303
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
The only way to tell if it's "sophisticated man-made propaganda" or random noise is to use the scientific method. Anyone can understand the necessity for it and use it to collect empirical evidence, you don't have to be a member of the "capitalist controlled academia" to do so. Fail to do so and you can easily fool yourself into all sorts of false beliefs.
Again, science is controlled by spies in academic clothing (read the article), so we should only rely on our own senses. Following the scientific method is how we got fooled in the first place, so in order to recover from that we just need to remove the cage that has been placed around our heads and look at the Surviving 2023 video with an open-mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGHuFTvXC-k

Since the elite has spent 50+ years planning to wipe out most of humanity together with a weekly feed detailing the progress of their project through propaganda then it follows that examining those feeds as evidence (exists in abundance) should instantly reveal the conspiracy without the need for any method per se.

On the other hand, if the 2023 project is not immediately obvious on first glance then it says more about the viewer's laziness or fear than anything else. That's why most negative reactions to the video come from people who haven't actually sat through and watched it.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 09:50 AM   #304
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,150
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
Again, science is controlled by spies in academic clothing
Science is controlled by the person doing the science. That can be you, if you bother to educate yourself.

Quote:
so we should only rely on our own senses. Following the scientific method is how we got fooled in the first place
Relying on their own senses, rather than following the scientific method, is what fooled people into believing all sorts of nonsense - astrology, dowsing, homeopathy, and every other kind of woo. It was only when we came up with a methodology to eliminate the effect of our cognitive biases (which are built into the way in which our brains work by millions of years of natural selection) that we started to make any progress in understanding how the world really works. That we are having this conversation at all, despite being so far apart, is itself a vindication of the scientific method.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 09:56 AM   #305
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,978
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
Following the scientific method is how we got fooled in the first place
Okay, enjoy your world of crazy magic. The rest of us will get on with reality.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 10:05 AM   #306
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,469
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
But all this stuff of yours, they are all just movies. It's not real. Movies are just the product of the imaginations of writers, directors, actors and producers (among others). They're just stories that studios think people might want to watch. It's all just make-believe, like when you were a kid only with more money for special effects. There are no dots here because there's no here, here.

All this effort you went to, it's nothing. It doesn't matter. You've wasted what looks like a good chunk of your life on nothing.
Our man also doesn't realized that the vast majority of the human population will never seen said movies or if they do the 'numbers' will be in English which the vast majority of the world cannot read.

Yeah his goofy delusions are VERY Euro-American-centric.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 10:48 AM   #307
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit
 
Blue Mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waging war on woo-woo in Winnipeg
Posts: 6,518
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
Again, science is controlled by spies in academic clothing (read the article), so we should only rely on our own senses. Following the scientific method is how we got fooled in the first place (snip)
You mean the science that discovered, identified, and formulated everything about electricity, electronics, chemistry, and quantum mechanics that gave you (and all of us) the computers, programming languages, and internet that allow you to post your ideas on this forum?

Another common question that gets asked is: if there are manipulative forces that are coldly planning to wipe out a huge percentage of the world's population for their own nefarious gains, why are you still around? Here you are, exposing all their meticulously laid plans, and they're letting you get away with it?

Also, it simply beggars the mind that such a group would allow all those "encoded" messages into publicly available media. I mean, if I was planning a huge gold heist, no way would I be taking out advertisements in newspapers with coded clues I'll be doing this, and making cryptic posts in obscure web forums dropping hints about "Au" and "BoC".
__________________
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 11:00 AM   #308
Elagabalus
Philosopher
 
Elagabalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,988
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
That's what we were led to believe and why movies make an ideal medium to express the secret language of the oligarchs because nobody would ever suspect to find the truth there, manifesting as propaganda puzzles, but instead rely on the lies in the official media and the hired opposition of the truth movement to guide them. Some peeps went as far as to spot 911 in the Simpsons and Rugrats and refer to it, incorrectly, as "predictive programming" - but they failed to take that understanding/analysis to the next level.

Yes, gilius, I like where you're going with this! Have you ever seen the movle "Five Graves to Cairo"?


There's no E in Egypt!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 11:04 AM   #309
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 28,198
At some point, I seem to recall someone here linked to a rather funny site, called something like the "New Age ******** Generator," which combined essentially random crap with convincing syntax. If Gilius is not having us on, we're getting a really good lesson in Poe's law.

I mean really, " the earth is viewed as an aquarium; a Tesla coil in terms of the weather machine (or "engine"); and we are the crown's virus that must be reduced to keep population levels in perpetual balance?"

Anyway, all that stuff about Freemasons and Illuminati has the Grangers chortling, as they fill their underground bunkers with tasty vegetables and soften our brains with liquor and movies. I suppose you think it's just coincidence that insipid brain deadening culture is called "corny?" You novice, you. If it's legit to cite movies as proof, I raise the ante and cite songs. Soon we'll be living in Bob Dylan's Dream: "gimme a string bean, I'm hungry man, shotgun fired and away I ran...." and you know who will be holding the holy string bean, don't you?

I warn you, the future belongs to the sons and daughters of the earth. When you find you can't eat your TV, it will be too late. You'll cry out "lend me your ears," and they'll have you in their power. They'll squash you. You'll be left without a bean.

Or, as Richard Farina put it..."Get hungry, eat a little gravel; No water suck a puddle on the ground, yeah."

Anybody can play this game.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 11:25 AM   #310
Elagabalus
Philosopher
 
Elagabalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,988
Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
Just out of curiosity, where does all the extra water come from? We have a reasonable idea how high the sea levels would get if all the ice on earth melts, and you put it at 2-3 times higher than that.

Or is that also found in movies?
And why does Brazil get a green check when it clearly has taken a turn for the worse? Mexico seems to be doing fine and it gets a red X?!!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 11:39 AM   #311
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges
 
Butter!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Deep Storage
Posts: 7,309
I just read the OP. If it's going to be "impossible to survive" anyway, then who cares. I'll just go about my business until the toxic air takes me and everything else on earth out.

*whistles*
Butter! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 11:55 AM   #312
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Science is fine as long as you don't rely on Scientists (or people who report to a boss and get paid) to guide you.

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
And why does Brazil get a green check when it clearly has taken a turn for the worse? Mexico seems to be doing fine and it gets a red X?!!
You're not ready for that yet. We've barely covered the basics contained in the video because people are arguing for the sake of arguing instead of discussing the evidence and 37+ concepts within that make up the project; we've only touched on about 3 of them.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 11:59 AM   #313
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
I just read the OP. If it's going to be "impossible to survive" anyway, then who cares. I'll just go about my business until the toxic air takes me and everything else on earth out.

*whistles*
You sound more keen for self-sacrifice than the Aztecs; you can do better than that!! Have you watched the video yet?
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 12:05 PM   #314
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,978
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
Science is fine
Good. Do some. Like Pixel42 explained to you.

So far all you have is confirmation bias. Fix it with science. We'll wait.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 12:10 PM   #315
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges
 
Butter!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Deep Storage
Posts: 7,309
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
You sound more keen for self-sacrifice than the Aztecs; you can do better than that!! Have you watched the video yet?
No. I don't stress myself out over things that can't be avoided, especially when they're imaginary.
Butter! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 12:31 PM   #316
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
No. I don't stress myself out over things that can't be avoided, especially when they're imaginary.
There's nothing imaginary about it: I'm simply pointing you in the right direction with regards to clues left in plain sight by our owners, relaying that evidence/propaganda to you in a way that you can begin to understand their language and psychological techniques that would otherwise appear invisible to the hoi poloi. But you need to be strong and willing to take up the survival challenge.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 12:48 PM   #317
Elagabalus
Philosopher
 
Elagabalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,988
OMG!! Guys, it's real! Somebody just mentioned Busby Berkeley over on the Kim Jong Un thread so I looked it up.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


tl;dr

https://youtu.be/kIO9y1xMPIA?t=71

Which looks suspiciously like the Flash X-Ray images of the converging shock waves formed during a test of the high-explosive lens system from Fat Man!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Man



Then I checked the uploader for the Busby Berkeley video!

Tap2323 !!

And poster SusanB-M1 has a pair of tap dancing shoes in her avatar!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 12:56 PM   #318
gilius
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
You mean the science that discovered, identified, and formulated everything about electricity, electronics, chemistry, and quantum mechanics that gave you (and all of us) the computers, programming languages, and internet that allow you to post your ideas on this forum?

Another common question that gets asked is: if there are manipulative forces that are coldly planning to wipe out a huge percentage of the world's population for their own nefarious gains, why are you still around? Here you are, exposing all their meticulously laid plans, and they're letting you get away with it?

Also, it simply beggars the mind that such a group would allow all those "encoded" messages into publicly available media. I mean, if I was planning a huge gold heist, no way would I be taking out advertisements in newspapers with coded clues I'll be doing this, and making cryptic posts in obscure web forums dropping hints about "Au" and "BoC".
But if nobody is watching my video beyond the 5 minute mark and nobody is re-sharing it then how could anyone possibly know my warnings are genuine when they are brainwashed to obey authority figures and look down on conspiracy theorists who provide conspiracy facts without any theories attached to them? This whole exercise only goes to affirm the elite's total control over the human mind, so that when the ultimate truth does come along the masses have no means of making heads nor tails of it. Nobody need ever keep a secret again because our culture is too debased.
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 12:58 PM   #319
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 13,150
Bored now.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2020, 02:05 PM   #320
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 22,832
Originally Posted by gilius View Post
There's nothing imaginary about it: I'm simply pointing you in the right direction with regards to clues left in plain sight by our owners, relaying that evidence/propaganda to you in a way that you can begin to understand their language and psychological techniques that would otherwise appear invisible to the hoi poloi. But you need to be strong and willing to take up the survival challenge.
There's everything imaginary about it. You applied your imagination to a bunch of stories that are themselves the product of imagination. She doesn't need to take up the challenge because the challenge doesn't exist. It doesn't exist because the dots you say you are connecting don't exist. None of this is real.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.