ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Old 6th December 2018, 04:56 AM   #2721
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by markie View Post
The free electron is a circular, planar sheet that can wrap around the nucleus.
What causes this to happen? What forces are acting on it to make this happen?
Old 6th December 2018, 05:01 AM   #2722
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

As was said earlier this is all well and good but of course is actually discussing whether Warp 9 is as fast as Standard by Twelve.

Let's get a working generator then we can see if any new physics is needed to explain how it works.
Old 6th December 2018, 05:34 AM   #2723
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Brilliant Light Power Going To Market - Free Energy Generator Part 3

As I've said before Rowan University has produced hydrino and detected them in multiple ways. There are lots of journal articles about the many methods used to detect hydrino. They all point to one thing: the existence of hydrino.

Even if that were true, which we all know it is not, that’s one study. Homeopathy has more studies supporting it than Hydrino theory.
Old 6th December 2018, 06:21 AM   #2724
JeanTate
Master Poster

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Even if that were true, which we all know it is not, that’s one study. Homeopathy has more studies supporting it than Hydrino theory therapy.
FTFY
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 06:25 AM   #2725
JeanTate
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
What causes this to happen? What forces are acting on it to make this happen?
In Mills Big Book of BooBoos, on page 345219.3/7i, you will learn that it’s the ancient, pre-classical physics “force of hugs”, which, thanks to neo-Darwinians, we now know is deep in each electron’s DNA.
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 03:03 PM   #2726
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

The free electron is a circular, planar sheet that can wrap around the nucleus.
And what does the real world tell us, markie?
The real world of electron scattering tells us that a free electron has a size smaller than a nucleus and is spherical!

This is basic classical physics. Collide spheres and we see a certain distribution of scattering angles. Collide disks and we see an different distribution of scattering angles. Those distributions tell us that electrons cannot be disks. Now do the scattering for a range of energies. Apply classical physics and you get an upper limit for the size of electrons.

I suspect that Mills has deluded fantasies about his "electrons" magically acting the same as small, spherical particles when they collide.

Last edited by Reality Check; 6th December 2018 at 03:05 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 06:04 AM   #2727
markie
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
The real world of electron scattering tells us that a free electron has a size smaller than a nucleus and is spherical!

This is basic classical physics. Collide spheres and we see a certain distribution of scattering angles. Collide disks and we see an different distribution of scattering angles. Those distributions tell us that electrons cannot be disks. Now do the scattering for a range of energies. Apply classical physics and you get an upper limit for the size of electrons.

I suspect that Mills has deluded fantasies about his "electrons" magically acting the same as small, spherical particles when they collide.
No he doesn't make them act as small spherical particles on collision.
Given that you are familiar with chapter 3 where Mills describes the nature of the free electron, I would suggest you read chapter 8 where Mills derives the scattering angles for the free electron with neutral Helium. It works. I would recommend reading, at the very least, the discussion section starting on page 280 where Mills relates the shortcomings of QM in computing scattering angles.
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 06:50 AM   #2728
UncertainH
Thinker

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post

Interesting. A few days ago you were insisting that electrons are point particles, now they are spheres - which is it? because the two definitions are definitely not the same. Given that scattering is about electrostatic interactions not billiards, any arguments would have to take into account the electromagnetic fields surrounding the particles and the "mechanics" of those interactions - that would definitely lead to a more meaningful discussion
UncertainH is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 09:00 AM   #2729
WhatRoughBeast
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by UncertainH View Post
Interesting. A few days ago you were insisting that electrons are point particles, now they are spheres - which is it? because the two definitions are definitely not the same.
That, while true, misses the point. (Inserted here - sorry for the pun.) Electron scattering cannot resolve an electron below some size determined by the energies of the particles being scattered and the mass of the target. Below this threshold a point is indistinguishable from a sphere, so determination that the scattering is consistent with a sphere of some small dimension leaves the issue of point/sphere undecided. What it does do is establish that the electron is not a disk (unless it is a very small one).
WhatRoughBeast is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 09:02 AM   #2730
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

markie, what causes a circular, planar electron to wrap around a nucleus? What forces act upon it to make this happen?
Old 7th December 2018, 10:38 AM   #2731
UncertainH
Thinker

Originally Posted by WhatRoughBeast View Post
That, while true, misses the point. (Inserted here - sorry for the pun.) Electron scattering cannot resolve an electron below some size determined by the energies of the particles being scattered and the mass of the target. Below this threshold a point is indistinguishable from a sphere, so determination that the scattering is consistent with a sphere of some small dimension leaves the issue of point/sphere undecided. What it does do is establish that the electron is not a disk (unless it is a very small one).
This would be true if electrons were actually particles. Neither QED nor Mills actually defines them as particles. They are waves, in both theories.
UncertainH is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 05:44 PM   #2732
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

4th quarter report
Old 7th December 2018, 06:20 PM   #2733
halleyscomet
Philosopher

I see Mills has taken our recommendation and abandoned using solar panels.
Old 7th December 2018, 06:21 PM   #2734
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

If this does not convince I don't what will

https://youtu.be/WhR7hfpzJx8
Old 7th December 2018, 07:11 PM   #2735
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
I'm certainly impressed how everyone is taking such a keen interest in the, um, box, or whatever it is that seems to be the center of interest in the video...
I'm sorry, was this a demonstration of something actually happening, or just how people busy themselves at BLP on a given day?

Last edited by Mike!; 7th December 2018 at 07:14 PM.
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 08:50 PM   #2736
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

I see Mills has taken our recommendation and abandoned using solar panels.
that's just to hide the burning tungsten rods. We caught him cheating last time. so this round he hides it better.
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management

Last edited by Red Baron Farms; 7th December 2018 at 08:51 PM.
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 08:55 PM   #2737
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Originally Posted by Darat View Post

Two things:
  • The box was glowing a dull red hot right before he started the fan. Then it stopped glowing a dull red hot right before he started the fan.
  • He was wearing Nitrile gloves.
If these things aren't convincing, well, then what will be?

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2018, 07:28 AM   #2738
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Arxiv paper postulating a "small hydrogen atom"

It's not being well-received by Mills followers because the author rejects Mills, and is apparently attempting to ensure that his/her hypothesis is compatible with the established laws of physics. How compatible it actually is I'm not in a position to say, although I can't imagine that it doesn't run into some of the same problems as Mills' "theory" does - most notably that if there was a state below the ground state then that would be the ground state and would be where you'd expect to find most hydrogen atoms in nature.
Old 8th December 2018, 07:55 AM   #2739
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I guess when people hand you all sorts of cash, and they believe you*, you can just play and play and play and never really make anything useful.

The cash does buy nice looking models, though.

EDIT: * or you have them under contract

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 8th December 2018 at 08:25 AM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2018, 08:05 AM   #2740
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post

The K thermocouple is only good to about 1,200C for a decent length of time.

It doesn't seem like a good choice.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2018, 08:52 AM   #2741
JeanTate
Master Poster

Arxiv paper postulating a "small hydrogen atom"

It's not being well-received by Mills followers because the author rejects Mills, and is apparently attempting to ensure that his/her hypothesis is compatible with the established laws of physics. How compatible it actually is I'm not in a position to say, although I can't imagine that it doesn't run into some of the same problems as Mills' "theory" does - most notably that if there was a state below the ground state then that would be the ground state and would be where you'd expect to find most hydrogen atoms in nature.
Interesting.

Not yet published in a relevant peer reviewed journal, many revisions, single author, ...
Old 8th December 2018, 09:10 AM   #2742
markie
Graduate Poster

markie, what causes a circular, planar electron to wrap around a nucleus? What forces act upon it to make this happen?
Electrostatic attraction between a negative electron and a positive proton.
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2018, 09:10 AM   #2743
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JeanTate View Post
Interesting.

Not yet published in a relevant peer reviewed journal, many revisions, single author, ...
Yes. First published in 2013, latest revision 2018.

I'm not making any claims for this, and would be surprised if it was correct. I'm more posting it as a comparison as it seems to my layman's eye that this author started out by looking at something anomalous and seeking to explain it while not violating what is known about physics. I'm amused by how that latter is seen as a negative by some Mills supporters.
Old 8th December 2018, 09:17 AM   #2744
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Electrostatic attraction between a negative electron and a positive proton.
Can you provide more detail, please? Why does this cause the electron to deform? Why does it make it become a shell? Why does it make it change from something with an edge to something with no edge? Why does the electron remain a distance from the nucleus rather than falling in to it?
Old 8th December 2018, 09:21 AM   #2745
markie
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by UncertainH View Post
This would be true if electrons were actually particles. Neither QED nor Mills actually defines them as particles. They are waves, in both theories.
I don't think Mills would call an orbitsphere a wave, although wave mechanics are used to described orbitsphere mechanics. Also, the deBroglie wavelength is the circumference of the free electron. Etc. Mills uses the term 'particle production', so context is everything.
Old 8th December 2018, 09:31 AM   #2746
jrhowell
Muse

Same old same old. The presentation makes it appear that the major challenges have already been met. They just need a bit more money to finish the job. Very misleading as usual.

Some highlights:

"absolutely safe materials and operation" (p4)
It seems that all of our worries about hydrino toxicity were for nothing.

"Product Hydrino® “in a bottle” identified by multiple analytical methods." (p5), "Methods for measuring Hydrino® product" (p14), "Hydrino Analytical" (p89)
Great! But why didn't this make the news when the independent labs that did the testing published their amazing results?

"We have developed a resistive heater for the silver SunCell to replace the inductively coupled heater." (p34)
They were able to create a resistive heater. Huge accomplishment! So why have all of the many other remaining engineering challenges have all been outsourced?

"How the Thermal SunCell® Works" (p62)
A slide from previous reports touting how it works without ever mentioning that it actually isn't working yet.

"Cell is currently operating." (p65)
I guess I was wrong. They got it working!

"Successful version may serve as a 400 °C heater product..." (p65)
Oh, so it is working, just not successfully working.
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2018, 09:52 AM   #2747
markie
Graduate Poster

Yes. First published in 2013, latest revision 2018.

I'm not making any claims for this, and would be surprised if it was correct. I'm more posting it as a comparison as it seems to my layman's eye that this author started out by looking at something anomalous and seeking to explain it while not violating what is known about physics. I'm amused by how that latter is seen as a negative by some Mills supporters.
The only anomaly is the strange abundance of 510 keV photons coming from the galactic centre. Since there is no good explanation of why there should be so many positrons there (to annihilate with electrons), he proposes that the 510 keV photon is from the electron dropping 'almost' into the nucleus. Yet he offers no mechanism for how this could be possible. So he is exchanging one mystery for another, and there is no laboratory evidence. So it is just rather meh. At least he takes good account of the virial theorem and knows he has to come up with another kind of potential than the expected coulomb potential. So I like it because it is exploratory, but still it is a bit of a letdown. And he gets points deducted for not crediting Mills in any way.
Old 8th December 2018, 10:08 AM   #2748
markie
Graduate Poster

Can you provide more detail, please? Why does this cause the electron to deform? Why does it make it become a shell? Why does it make it change from something with an edge to something with no edge? Why does the electron remain a distance from the nucleus rather than falling in to it?
Nature seeks the low energy state, and the deformation from planar to spherical is just part of that process.

The electron has a particular angular momentum distribution as per chapter 3. When it wraps around the nucleus that moving membrane's inertia manifests as outward centrifugal 'force', which is in force balance with the attractive inner coulombic force. That is why the electron doesn't fall into the nucleus.

Last edited by markie; 8th December 2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 8th December 2018, 10:52 AM   #2749
UncertainH
Thinker

Interesting.

This author has been writing about Deep Dirac Levels for a while. Here are two:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/...2/FST93-A30206

and

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/...nalCode=ufst19

[quote]"The original solutions of the Schrodinger relativistic equation and the Dirac equation for hydrogen-like atoms were analyzed for the possible existence of some other electron levels, which were not originally derived[\QUOTE]
Old 8th December 2018, 11:00 AM   #2750
UncertainH
Thinker

I don't think Mills would call an orbitsphere a wave, although wave mechanics are used to described orbitsphere mechanics. Also, the deBroglie wavelength is the circumference of the free electron. Etc. Mills uses the term 'particle production', so context is everything.
True. A "particle" in this sense is self contained electromagnetic energy and the interaction is electromagnetic. Just wanted to emphasize that we are not talking about billiard balls and frisbees.
Old 8th December 2018, 11:04 AM   #2751
UncertainH
Thinker

Interesting.

There are also many others investigating different ideas. The paper by J. Naudts often seems to be referenced.

http://vixra.org/abs/1809.0575

Quote:
In this paper, a simple Zitterbewegung electron model, proposed in a previous work, is presented from a different perspective that does not require advanced mathematical concepts.
Ultra dense hydrogen is used as a term for a similar concept.
Old 8th December 2018, 02:12 PM   #2752
jonesdave116
Master Poster

Quote:
"absolutely safe materials and operation" (p4)
It seems that all of our worries about hydrino toxicity were for nothing.
I was never worried about the toxicity of something that has as much evidence for its existence as Jack's beanstalk. And is just as scientifically viable.
I think we're safe.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2018, 03:23 PM   #2753
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post
I was never worried about the toxicity of something that has as much evidence for its existence as Jack's beanstalk. And is just as scientifically viable.
I think we're safe.

I don't know. Mills didn't look too healthy in that last video. Hydrino exposure might be causing glycogen shrinkage syndrome.
Old 8th December 2018, 03:47 PM   #2754
The Man
Scourge, of the supernatural

How healthy did he look before?

PPE seems to consist of simply nitrile gloves and an optional flannel shirt. Least the guy working on the other unit is wearing safety glasses. Though he only seems to get informed of the test in progress, right behind him, when the lights start going out.
Old 8th December 2018, 03:55 PM   #2755
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
How healthy did he look before?

PPE seems to consist of simply nitrile gloves and an optional flannel shirt. Least the guy working on the other unit is wearing safety glasses. Though he only seems to get informed of the test in progress, right behind him, when the lights start going out.

Pretty shoddy safety protocols for a device known for melting when it’s turned on.
Old 8th December 2018, 04:02 PM   #2756
The Man
Scourge, of the supernatural

Pretty shoddy safety protocols for a device known for melting when it’s turned on.

Yep, always a good idea to have a worker stand in close proximity to your red hot 'shakedown test'. That way if the thing flies apart, or has a runaway condition, you can get an idea of how much energy was involved by how far the shrapnel penetrates his body.

Let's not forget that the cell wasn't even closed until just last or this year.
Old 8th December 2018, 04:54 PM   #2757
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Nature seeks the low energy state, and the deformation from planar to spherical is just part of that process.
2 things.

Firstly, how is deforming a circle into a sphere a product of "nature seek[ing] the low energy state"?

Secondly, if "nature seeks the low energy state", then why is it so hard to start the production of hydrinos? Why aren't they more common than hydrogen atoms?

Quote:
When it wraps around the nucleus that moving membrane's inertia manifests as outward centrifugal 'force', which is in force balance with the attractive inner coulombic force.
How?
Old 8th December 2018, 04:56 PM   #2758
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

Nature seeks the low energy state, ...
And yet the whole universe of hydrogen never turned into hydrinos. hmmmm

edit to add:
Secondly, if "nature seeks the low energy state", then why is it so hard to start the production of hydrinos? Why aren't they more common than hydrogen atoms?
oops you caught that first.
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management

Last edited by Red Baron Farms; 8th December 2018 at 04:57 PM.
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2018, 04:58 PM   #2759
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Red Baron Farms View Post
And yet the whole universe of hydrogen never turned into hydrinos. hmmmm

edit to add:
oops you caught that first.
Perhaps its conservative and doesn't like to change in public
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2018, 08:04 PM   #2760
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

lol. Thanks.

First observation is that a "Quarterly" report of interest to investors and the general public would be balance sheets and income statements. This is more like a propaganda screed not distant from Scientology and Hubbard.

It is fantastic as a source of bunkum, very complicated superficially and yet sleek in design for something that will move earth's orbit closer to the sun.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology