ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Andrew McCabe , donald trump , George Papadopoulos , Michael Cohen , Paul Manafort , Robert Mueller , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections

Closed Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 08:24 AM   #4241
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 24,229
An excerpt from McCabe's book, in which he talks about Comey's firing and the decision to appoint a special counsel
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 08:47 AM   #4242
Doubt
Philosopher
 
Doubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6,978
Originally Posted by dasmiller View Post
Certainly Trump couldn't be stupid enough to ask the a foreign power for assistance in front of cameras at a public event, right?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


uh oh
And then after becoming president fired the FBI director and said he did it because of the Russian investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/u...?module=inline
__________________
Doubt world tour locations:

Detroit, Mexico, Detroit, Mexico....
Repeat for all of 2017 except when on vacation.
Doubt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 08:49 AM   #4243
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Andrew McCabe was fired from the FBI after the Department of Justice Inspector General found that McCabe repeatedly lied under oath in order to cover up his own misconduct.

He also sat on the Weiner laptop before the General Election.

That fact that this scumbag, who among other things was exploiting his subordinates tawdry adultery in order to do an end run around the DoJ chain of command is being given a forum to spread his spurious stories is incredible
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 08:58 AM   #4244
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell
 
dasmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Well past Hither, looking for Yon
Posts: 6,194
Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
And then after becoming president fired the FBI director and said he did it because of the Russian investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/u...?module=inline
As long as we dismiss all direct evidence, there's no direct evidence.
__________________
"In times of war, we need warriors. But this isn't a war." - Phil Plaitt
dasmiller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 08:59 AM   #4245
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,951
This really gonna turn into people demanding that we show unequivocal proof that Trump ordered a cheeseburger when all we've been able to prove is that Trump ordered a hamburger with cheese on it.
__________________
- "Ernest Hemingway once wrote that the world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part." - Detective Sommerset
- "Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
- "To the best of my knowledge the only thing philosophy has ever proven is that Descartes could think." - SMBC
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:04 AM   #4246
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16,794
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Well, not to Godwin the thread but, the Nazis did.
They didn't break the law. So it wasn't criminal conspiracy. Foreign countries chose to punish the people they captured. That was there choice. Thailand could capture me and bust me for leje majeste if they want, but I certainly didn't break the law in their jurisdiction.

Last edited by BobTheCoward; 14th February 2019 at 09:07 AM.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:08 AM   #4247
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16,794
Originally Posted by dasmiller View Post
Certainly Trump couldn't be stupid enough to ask the a foreign power for assistance in front of cameras at a public event, right?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


uh oh
An open letter is not collusion. That is like saying a change.org petition are policy discussions.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:09 AM   #4248
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Andrew McCabe was fired from the FBI after the Department of Justice Inspector General found that McCabe repeatedly lied under oath in order to cover up his own misconduct.

He also sat on the Weiner laptop before the General Election.

That fact that this scumbag, who among other things was exploiting his subordinates tawdry adultery in order to do an end run around the DoJ chain of command is being given a forum to spread his spurious stories is incredible
Rosenstein wrecks McCabe:

New: Justice Department spokesperson says Rosenstein denies McCabe’s account of a discussion of invoking the 25th amendment as “inaccurate and factually incorrect.” Via

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/statu...57022502617090

60 minutes, you really going to run the interview with that mutt?
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:14 AM   #4249
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,203
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
This really gonna turn into people demanding that we show unequivocal proof that Trump ordered a cheeseburger when all we've been able to prove is that Trump ordered a hamburger with cheese on it.
sandwich hunt!
__________________
Opinion is divided on the subject. All the others say it is; I say it isn’t.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:14 AM   #4250
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 82,211
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
They didn't break the law. So it wasn't criminal conspiracy.
They still sought to hide their actions despite writing a whole lot of it down. The point being that people frequently document these things for various reasons.

You're wrong. Stop wiggling.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:16 AM   #4251
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16,794
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
They still sought to hide their actions despite writing a whole lot of it down. The point being that people frequently document these things for various reasons.

You're wrong. Stop wiggling.
It isn't wiggling. It was a separate point. The anecdote in my original post was about someone documenting a conspiracy. Of course people write it down.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:18 AM   #4252
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,063
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
An open letter is not collusion. That is like saying a change.org petition are policy discussions.
You are wrong.
collusion - secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:20 AM   #4253
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16,794
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
You are wrong.
collusion - secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.
A petition is not cooperation.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:22 AM   #4254
Cavemonster
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,395
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Rosenstein wrecks McCabe:

New: Justice Department spokesperson says Rosenstein denies McCabe’s account of a discussion of invoking the 25th amendment as “inaccurate and factually incorrect.” Via

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/statu...57022502617090

60 minutes, you really going to run the interview with that mutt?
He keeps getting those pages stuck together. Mutt isn't the new word until April.
__________________
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:28 AM   #4255
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 24,229
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
This really gonna turn into people demanding that we show unequivocal proof that Trump ordered a cheeseburger when all we've been able to prove is that Trump ordered a hamburger with cheese on it.
It's all a bit God of the Gaps, really. We've gone from "there were no contacts between anybody involved with the Trump campaign and Russia" to "Ah, but there's no direct evidence that Trump himself has committed any crimes of collusion with Russia!"
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:29 AM   #4256
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,063
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
A petition is not cooperation.
Now you are being wrong and stupid, I'll assume intentionally because that seems your wont. Please cut it out.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:35 AM   #4257
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16,794
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Now you are being wrong and stupid, I'll assume intentionally because that seems your wont. Please cut it out.
Asking a foreign government to do something in a rally is an open petition. It isn't cooperation. Watch...


Trump! Please arrest carlitos!


I did not just coordinate with the government to have you arrested. It would be illegal for me to coordinate to have you arrested. But no coordination took place simply because I asked publicly.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:42 AM   #4258
Tolls
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,611
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
They didn't break the law. So it wasn't criminal conspiracy.
Um, they did.
They just completely ignored the law as it stood.

There was nothing put in place that made the Final Solution legal.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 10:49 AM   #4259
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,699
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Asking a foreign government to do something in a rally is an open petition. It isn't cooperation. Watch...


Trump! Please arrest carlitos!


I did not just coordinate with the government to have you arrested. It would be illegal for me to coordinate to have you arrested. But no coordination took place simply because I asked publicly.
It sure amazing at how you can constantly make such inane assertions that are constantly based on a clear lack the most basic data ...

In this case, when Trump made his famous request to Russia for their help in obtaining the Clinton e-mails, there were already quite a few things going on.

First: Trump had already done several million dollars worth of business with Russia.
Second: Trump made it well known to quite a few highly placed Russians that he wanted to build one of his Trump hotels in Moscow, Russia.
Third: there were already several key Trump officials who were working/in contact with various Russians.
Fourth: Trump made it publicly clear several times just how much he loved Putin.
Fifth: only a few days after Trump made his request to Russia, then Trump became the Republican Presidential nominee as opposed to simply being some random person on an Internet Forum.
__________________
On 22 JUL 2016, Candidate Donald Trump in his acceptance speech: "There can be no prosperity without law and order."
On 05 FEB 2019, President Donald Trump said in his Sate of the Union Address: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."
On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:15 PM   #4260
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 82,211
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
It isn't wiggling. It was a separate point. The anecdote in my original post was about someone documenting a conspiracy. Of course people write it down.
Oh, ok. I'll take that as a retraction.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 02:20 PM   #4261
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 21,442
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Now you are being wrong and stupid, I'll assume intentionally because that seems your wont. Please cut it out.
Originally Posted by Tolls View Post
Um, they did.
They just completely ignored the law as it stood.

There was nothing put in place that made the Final Solution legal.
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
It sure amazing at how you can constantly make such inane assertions that are constantly based on a clear lack the most basic data ...

In this case, when Trump made his famous request to Russia for their help in obtaining the Clinton e-mails, there were already quite a few things going on.

First: Trump had already done several million dollars worth of business with Russia.
Second: Trump made it well known to quite a few highly placed Russians that he wanted to build one of his Trump hotels in Moscow, Russia.
Third: there were already several key Trump officials who were working/in contact with various Russians.
Fourth: Trump made it publicly clear several times just how much he loved Putin.
Fifth: only a few days after Trump made his request to Russia, then Trump became the Republican Presidential nominee as opposed to simply being some random person on an Internet Forum.
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
You are wrong again because of course it does alter everything!

That is one of the reasons why the Mueller investigation has been going on for about the last two years.
Mod InfoThread continues here.
Posted By:zooterkin
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.

Last edited by zooterkin; 14th February 2019 at 02:43 PM.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.