ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Old 17th September 2020, 02:55 PM   #3361
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Sorry, I haven’t been following this thread, but was there ever any answer to this question?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky

Last edited by Mojo; 17th September 2020 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Fix link
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 03:29 PM   #3362
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Sorry, I meant to say that Meredith's funeral was held in Croydon Minster/Croydon Parish Church and she's buried in Mitcham Rd. Cemetery. My allergies are flaring up so badly right now I can hardly see straight through the puffy eyes and the constant sneezing and sniffling is driving me nuts. The smoke in the air from the fires isn't helping any either. We've got the worst air pollution in the world right now.

Oh gosh yes - I didn't think about that. Must be very unpleasant. I have a friend on Vancouver Island who isn't enjoying the air quality - but I know it's significantly worse further South.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 03:37 PM   #3363
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Sorry, I havenít been following this thread, but was there ever any answer to this question?

Oh, ah - no.

For a start, it's something of a given that John Kercher could not have used psychic methods to "know" who killed his daughter.

The poster who wrote those words had a clear insinuation in mind. That insinuation was: "John Kercher knew that Knox and Sollecito killed his daughter". Which of course is arrant nonsense.

The horribly sad thing is that had the Perugia police, prosecutor and lower courts done their jobs properly and ethically (and lawfully) from the start, John Kercher would have long ago achieved some form of closure by knowing that it was Guede - and Guede alone - who killed his daughter.

As it was though, Meredith's entire family were emotionally pulled around all over the place by having to endure the apparent understanding that Knox and Sollecito were correctly convicted, then (no less than eight years after the murder itself...) final confirmation that the prosecution's original thesis wasn't worth the paper it was written on. I suspect that right up to the day he died, John Kercher was still conflicted and confused about things. And that's a very saddening thing to consider.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 10:29 PM   #3364
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Oh gosh yes - I didn't think about that. Must be very unpleasant. I have a friend on Vancouver Island who isn't enjoying the air quality - but I know it's significantly worse further South.
Vancouver, BC, is topping out as #2 in Air Quality misery. Portland, OR, is steady at #1 in the miserable category.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors