ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 21st December 2018, 08:46 PM   #1
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

What a week!

Does anyone remember a week like this one in US Politics, ever?

* The President's former Lawyer is sentenced to 3 years in jail, and documents on his various misdeeds implicate the President in at least one Federal Crime.

* Media gains a copy of the Moscow Tower Deal Letter of Intent which was supposed to have been signed by The President's ex-Lawyer according to his current one. Turns out it was signed by The President himself.

* The President's current Lawyer suggests that the Moscow Tower Deal might still have been on the table as late as November 2016.

* The President's former NSA is pretty much told he'd likely to go to jail if he proceeds with sentencing for his crimes, and elects to keep in cooperating for a 3-month delay.

* The President's charity is force to dissolve with its assets being given to court approved charities and the prosecutors in the case looking to have the President and his family banned from running any non-profit for a period of 10 years!

* The President's ally and friend, Rodger Stone is coming under investigation

* The President's Inauguration Committee is announced to be under investigation for fraud and accepting foreign money in pay to play schemes.

* Acting AG announces that he will not recuse himself after the DoJ Ethics Committee recommends that he does so.

* It is revealed that the nominated AG sent a memo to the President stating that the Muller Investigation should not be investigating the President for Obstruction of Justice.

* The President declares that he would be proud to shut down the Government over his wall.

* The President backs down and says he'll sign a bill to keep the Government open.

* The President, under pressure from Fox news, Flips back to his original shut down the government stance.

* The President, against advice of his advisers, the Republican Senate members, and the Pentagon, decides unilaterally to pull out of Syria abandoning US Allies there just days after his own administration says it isn't going to happen.

* The Sec of Defense resigns releasing a letter of resignation outlining his views on national defense and the importance of allies, and then stating that since his own views and the Presidents were so different that he had to step aside.

* Hours after President Putin suggests that the US leave Afghanistan, The President announces that he is pulling many of the troops from Afghanistan.

* The Dow Jones had its worst week in 10 years, dropping nearly 1500 point, in 5 days!

Can you imagine if any one of these things had occurred under one of the last five Presidents, let alone all of them in the space of a week!

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2018, 09:57 PM   #2
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Remember when lying about receiving a BJ was deeply shocking and an impeachable offense? Hell, the rumor that Mrs Nixon wore fancy fur coats caused a scandal!
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:21 AM   #3
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Butbut clintonemails!!!1#maga
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:22 AM   #4
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Remember when lying about receiving a BJ was deeply shocking and an impeachable offense?
It still is. You just have to get a Democrat to do it.
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:41 AM   #5
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

I thought this thread would be about Trump reaching yet another New Improved nadir. This is now the sixth time in his presidency that by mid-Friday pundits were writing "this is, no doubt, the worst week in his Presidency".

And we haven't yet seen headlines (which we will) like:

"House Subpoenas Income Tax records from 1990 to present for Trump, Don Jr., Eric, Ivanka and Jared."

"Maxine Waters tables Articles for Impeachment"

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:51 AM   #6
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
I thought this thread would be about Trump reaching yet another New Improved nadir. This is now the sixth time in his presidency that by mid-Friday pundits were writing "this is, no doubt, the worst week in his Presidency".

And we haven't yet seen headlines (which we will) like:

"House Subpoenas Income Tax records from 1990 to present for Trump, Don Jr., Eric, Ivanka and Jared."

"Maxine Waters tables Articles for Impeachment"
Personally, I feel like I'm becoming desensitized to the new lows. I'm not sure I'm going to find it terribly interesting till he's in court.
Old 22nd December 2018, 01:26 AM   #7
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
Personally, I feel like I'm becoming desensitized to the new lows. I'm not sure I'm going to find it terribly interesting till he's in court.
Man I know what you mean.

The Mattis development is the one I found most troubling. Most of the others are just adding incrementally to the scandal snowball. Big increments, to be sure, but IMO not as profound as seeing extremely loyal, lifelong patriots conclude they can no longer work with this commander in chief.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 02:25 AM   #8
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Man I know what you mean.

The Mattis development is the one I found most troubling. Most of the others are just adding incrementally to the scandal snowball. Big increments, to be sure, but IMO not as profound as seeing extremely loyal, lifelong patriots conclude they can no longer work with this commander in chief.
The Mattis resignation scares the crap out of me.

God help America and Americans if the she ends up in a shooting war with someone, while that incompetent pile of faeces in the White House is still CinC.
Old 22nd December 2018, 03:23 AM   #9
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

I think Mattis only took the gig because he really likes war and was hoping to be able to do war. We're talking about this guy, after all:
https://www.revealnews.org/article/d...rimes-in-iraq/
Quote:
Retired Gen. James Mattis earned the nickname “Mad Dog” for leading U.S. Marines into battle in Fallujah, Iraq, in April 2004. In that assault, members of the Marine Corps, under Mattis’ command, shot at ambulances and aid workers. They cordoned off the city, preventing civilians from escaping. They posed for trophy photos with the people they killed.

Each of these offenses has put other military commanders and members of the rank and file in front of international war crimes tribunals. The doctrine that landed them there dates back to World War II, when an American military tribunal held Japanese Gen. Tomoyuki Yamashita accountable for war crimes in the Philippines. His execution later was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court.

During the siege of Fallujah, which I covered as an unembedded journalist, Marines killed so many civilians that the municipal soccer stadium had to be turned into a graveyard.
Old 22nd December 2018, 03:46 AM   #10
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

I think Mattis only took the gig because he really likes war and was hoping to be able to do war. We're talking about this guy, after all:
And Mad Dog was considered the last adult in the White House! So what does that say about the ethics and outlooks of those left inside?!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 03:49 AM   #11
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
And Mad Dog was considered the last adult in the White House! So what does that say about the ethics and outlooks of those left inside?!
Oh, it's grim.

I'm going to see what sort of psychopath or clown gets recruited next before freaking out, though.
Old 22nd December 2018, 03:58 AM   #12
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
You people, in your blind hatred of the bestest and most accomplishedest president ever, just don't get it. The 8-dimensional chess played by the political genius and master dealmaker is just beyond you crybaby libtards. With all this criminality going on, Mexico will hand over the money for THE WALL any day now to keep the criminals out.
Old 22nd December 2018, 04:00 AM   #13
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

I'm waiting for someone to finally take a stand against allowing narcissistic senile dementia to run your country. Look what it has done to the place! It's the bubonic plague of stupid!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 05:20 AM   #14
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Also this week:

It was revealed that during the spring & summer of 2017 Manafort had been advising the White House how to undermine Mueller, the FBI, and how to discredit witnesses - advice that was taken, including by Sarah Sanders in official statements, while the White House knew Manafort was under criminal investigation

Maria Butina (the woman who asked Trump the question about Russian sanctions during his Mayflower speech, and whose boss, Aleksandr Torshin, both Trump & Trump Jr know - or knew, as he's disappeared and is most likely dead) pled guilty to being a Russia spy

The AMI admitted in court to killing stories (amongst them the Karen McDougal story) in exchange for money with the explicitly-stated purpose of helping Trump to win the election, with testimony placing Trump physically in the room with the editor of the National Enquirer when the deal to pay off McDougal was reached.
Old 22nd December 2018, 06:30 AM   #15
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

This should have been a good week for Trump. He got major criminal justice reform passed. Had he just not done anything else, he'd have ended the week with a win. There was nothing forcing a decision on Syria and he had his border wall fight set up in February.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 06:32 AM   #16
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

He hates that name and he hates war. He just knows that if you're going to go to war you fight to win. He much prefers the call sign, Warrior Monk.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 10:15 AM   #17
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
He hates that name and he hates war. He just knows that if you're going to go to war you fight to win. He much prefers the call sign, Warrior Monk.
How do you know he hates war, and taking pictures with dead people like trophies is going beyond fighting to win.
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:44 PM   #18
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

For that analogy to work the insurgents would be the ones standing in for the Japanese.
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:54 PM   #19
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

How do you know he hates war, and taking pictures with dead people like trophies is going beyond fighting to win.
No, it really isn't. It is motivational.

I don't much like it, but unless you are proposing it is a necessary component of armed conflict.

Throughout history, motivating troops to fight and kill has always relied on identifying "them" as opposed to "us". Grunts on the ground don't care after that point.

Unless you propose that the grunts on the ground spend their leisure hours in philosophical contemplation. That is even more perverse of a notion.

...love and buttercakes...

Last edited by abaddon; 22nd December 2018 at 12:55 PM.
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 01:01 PM   #20
RolandRat
Thinker

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
No, it really isn't. It is motivational.

I don't much like it, but unless you are proposing it is a necessary component of armed conflict.

Throughout history, motivating troops to fight and kill has always relied on identifying "them" as opposed to "us". Grunts on the ground don't care after that point.

Unless you propose that the grunts on the ground spend their leisure hours in philosophical contemplation. That is even more perverse of a notion.
Slaughtering civilians and posing with dead bodies is motivating to US troops? Perhaps the soldiers should spend their leisure time in philosophical contemplation.
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 01:25 PM   #21
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
God help America and Americans if the she ends up in a shooting war with someone, while that incompetent pile of faeces in the White House is still CinC.
I kind of think this won't happen. I think he is terrified of war - unless it's against, say, Canada or New Zealand . He never wants to have to visit a war zone.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 01:27 PM   #22
Minoosh
Philosopher

Here is the thing. At least he knows what a war actually looks like. He knows it's not a video game. I felt the same way about McCain. I think it's important to have some of those people within an administration.

ETA: Donald Rumsfeld served in the late '50s, Bolton dodged Vietnam, Dick Cheney never served in the military. Those people are more dangerous, IMO. As far as I can tell, the military did not really want to invade Iraq in 2003. They knew what a catastrophe it could be.

Last edited by Minoosh; 22nd December 2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 22nd December 2018, 01:43 PM   #23
Toontown
Philosopher

This should have been a good week for Trump. He got major criminal justice reform passed. Had he just not done anything else, he'd have ended the week with a win. There was nothing forcing a decision on Syria and he had his border wall fight set up in February.
He's like a poker player who can never toss his cards away, no matter how weak they are. So he raises repeatedly in boneheaded attempts to compensate for the weak cards.

Once in a while people who play that way get on a run of luck. Then their luck collapses catastrophically.

Last edited by Toontown; 22nd December 2018 at 01:44 PM.
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 01:49 PM   #24
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Here is the thing. At least he knows what a war actually looks like. He knows it's not a video game. I felt the same way about McCain. I think it's important to have some of those people within an administration.

ETA: Donald Rumsfeld served in the late '50s, Bolton dodged Vietnam, Dick Cheney never served in the military. Those people are more dangerous, IMO. As far as I can tell, the military did not really want to invade Iraq in 2003. They knew what a catastrophe it could be.
I think Cheney and Rumsfeld are dangerous because they're extremely sadistic sociopaths. Having been through war would not necessarily or even probably have made them less dangerous. It might have made them even worse for all we know.
Old 22nd December 2018, 03:12 PM   #25
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
He's like a poker player who can never toss his cards away, no matter how weak they are. So he raises repeatedly in boneheaded attempts to compensate for the weak cards.

Once in a while people who play that way get on a run of luck. Then their luck collapses catastrophically.
Here's the thing though. He's the poker player with a bottomless bank. He can go all in on every hand because it's never his money. He never suffers the consequences of losing. Donald Trump will not go without during the shutdown. So why the **** should he care?

Last edited by acbytesla; 22nd December 2018 at 03:29 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 03:40 PM   #26
Stacyhs
Philosopher

CNN and conservative commentator SE Cupp are reporting that many early Trump campaign supporters in the House now regret having supported him.

If any Democrat president had done what Trump has done just in this last week alone, Republicans would be screaming from the roof tops.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 04:52 PM   #27
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Remember when lying about receiving a BJ was deeply shocking and an impeachable offense?
Your memory seems to be deeply flawed.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 05:16 PM   #28
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
I'm waiting for someone to finally take a stand against allowing narcissistic senile dementia to run your country. Look what it has done to the place! It's the bubonic plague of stupid!
This sort of thing (calling it stupid), though understandable, is not very accurate. They (pres and other gov't higher-ups) very well know what they're doing and succeeding very well by their metrics.

It's an excellent distraction from the horrible "criminal justice reform" bill though, one must admit. It literally doesn't matter what whimsy which flutters through Trump's feeble intellect as long as it's a rapid-fire DISTRACT DISTRACT DISTRACT maneuvers, similarly to the neverending tweets.

Trump meshes quite well in the overall propaganda machine in keeping the country distracted, divided, and frightened.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 10:03 PM   #29
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
CNN and conservative commentator SE Cupp are reporting that many early Trump campaign supporters in the House now regret having supported him.

If any Democrat president had done what Trump has done just in this last week alone, Republicans would be screaming from the roof tops.
Makes me yearn for the good old days when Obama wore a tan suit.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 10:25 PM   #30
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Would their be any overlap with those unnamed House members and the forty who just lost their cushy jobs?

Or perhaps the next fifty who will lose their jobs in 2020?

'Cuz ya know, I look at the House gifting the great orange buffoon five billion dollars for his worthless wall, and I don't see a lot of "regret".

The NeverTrump movement in the GOP needs to find better ways to identify itself other than being an unnamed source. Resign. Change Parties. Stand Up in Congress and Speak Out.

The list of current Republicans who have done so is growing. That list does not include anyone that voted Yes on wall funding this week!

Quote:
It's not even conditional, as in "would be". Republicans are still screaming about locking up Hillary from crimes in their imagination. And even the stuff she's erroneously accused of does not hold a candle to the crap that came down here in a single week.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2018, 06:21 AM   #31
Toontown
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Toontown View Post

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Here's the thing though. He's the poker player with a bottomless bank. He can go all in on every hand because it's never his money. He never suffers the consequences of losing. Donald Trump will not go without during the shutdown. So why the **** should he care?
I don't agree that his bank is bottomless. And I've noticed that it doesn't grow. Every time he accumulates a few more chips, he blows them off on a stupid play.

A guy who plays like that is only kept afloat by luck. And luck runs out.

Last edited by Toontown; 23rd December 2018 at 06:33 AM.
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2018, 09:52 AM   #32
Minoosh
Philosopher

I think Cheney and Rumsfeld are dangerous because they're extremely sadistic sociopaths. Having been through war would not necessarily or even probably have made them less dangerous. It might have made them even worse for all we know.
My point still stands. There should be people within an administration who know the realities of war.
Old 23rd December 2018, 11:53 AM   #33
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Now Trump wants Mattis out by the 1st. This is just the week of unforced errors.
Old 23rd December 2018, 12:47 PM   #34
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

My point still stands. There should be people within an administration who know the realities of war.
I don't disagree with that at all.
Old 23rd December 2018, 01:21 PM   #35
Minoosh
Philosopher

Now Trump wants Mattis out by the 1st. This is just the week of unforced errors.
Is there anyone left to tell him, "No"?

GOP senators, maybe. Something has to motivate those ********.
Old 23rd December 2018, 03:16 PM   #36
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Would their be any overlap with those unnamed House members and the forty who just lost their cushy jobs?

Or perhaps the next fifty who will lose their jobs in 2020?

'Cuz ya know, I look at the House gifting the great orange buffoon five billion dollars for his worthless wall, and I don't see a lot of "regret".

The NeverTrump movement in the GOP needs to find better ways to identify itself other than being an unnamed source. Resign. Change Parties. Stand Up in Congress and Speak Out.

The list of current Republicans who have done so is growing. That list does not include anyone that voted Yes on wall funding this week!

It's not even conditional, as in "would be". Republicans are still screaming about locking up Hillary from crimes in their imagination. And even the stuff she's erroneously accused of does not hold a candle to the crap that came down here in a single week.
Voicing private regret is one thing; publicly coming out against Trump (and his wall) now that he's president is another. Reps, especially, are afraid to lose the base's vote. Senators, being elected every 6 years instead of two, are not quite as vulnerable. It has also been suggested that the House GOP passed the bill just to get it kicked up to the Senate which they knew would not pass it...they just passed the buck.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2018, 08:27 PM   #37
Jimbo07
Illuminator

I feel no pity for those who supported him and now have regrets. For those in power... you could have done something!

For those who did have economic anxiety and feel duped, I have a little more sympathy, but it's not totally unforseen, they have to admit.

Atoms in supernova explosion get huge business -- Pixie of key
Jimbo07 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2018, 12:58 AM   #38
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

BBC International here just gave legit coverage to Mnuchin's efforts to assuage the market before the Monday opening bell. They reported that he had back-to-back calls with the heads of various banks.

Do they really think a GOP bag man and Hollywood producer speaks "Finance-ese"?

"Bernie, Bernie, how ya doin' baby? Listen if you guys could see your way to putting a few hundred mil into the market on Monday morning, I can probably get Harrison to agree to take points rather than his usual 19 mil guaranteed. This is gonna be a blockbuster, baby. I tell ya, we got Pink doing the theme song and one of those hot Chinese directors to do the editing. The Crash of '19 is gonna crush all the records, I tell ya! This one's gonna make people forget about Ishtar! Yeah, yeah, attaboy. Better get on board now 'cuz Shelly Adelson's lookin' to buy a big chunk! Hey, have your girl call my girl... we'll do lunch at Wolfgang's."

Old 24th December 2018, 02:01 AM   #39
Shadowdweller
Muse

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Does anyone remember a week like this one in US Politics, ever?
Now for the scary part: How many of those items do you think actually filter through to the consciousness of Trump 's core constituency?
Shadowdweller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2018, 06:15 AM   #40
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

BBC International here just gave legit coverage to Mnuchin's efforts to assuage the market before the Monday opening bell. They reported that he had back-to-back calls with the heads of various banks.

Do they really think a GOP bag man and Hollywood producer speaks "Finance-ese"?

"Bernie, Bernie, how ya doin' baby? Listen if you guys could see your way to putting a few hundred mil into the market on Monday morning, I can probably get Harrison to agree to take points rather than his usual 19 mil guaranteed. This is gonna be a blockbuster, baby. I tell ya, we got Pink doing the theme song and one of those hot Chinese directors to do the editing. The Crash of '19 is gonna crush all the records, I tell ya! This one's gonna make people forget about Ishtar! Yeah, yeah, attaboy. Better get on board now 'cuz Shelly Adelson's lookin' to buy a big chunk! Hey, have your girl call my girl... we'll do lunch at Wolfgang's."
That someone thinks announcing there's no need for a run on the banks is reassuring rather than the opposite is alarming in itself as a separate issue.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics