ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags transgender incidents , transgender issues , transgender rights

Old Today, 01:02 PM   #1241
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Perhaps my transwomen friends are lying to me. Why would they do that I wonder?
Old Today, 01:41 PM   #1242
Earthborn
Terrestrial Intelligence

The most charitable interpretation to you and to them is that you may have misunderstood what they were saying.

Requiring surgery for restroom access makes no sense to me. Surgery is only provided to those whose trans gender identity has been shown to be clear and persistent by someone living as the other gender for a few years or so. Obviously to achieve that people need to be able to live as the other gender and not be blocked from doing so.
Old Today, 01:47 PM   #1243
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Earthborn View Post
The most charitable interpretation to you and to them is that you may have misunderstood what they were saying.

Requiring surgery for restroom access makes no sense to me. Surgery is only provided to those whose trans gender identity has been shown to be clear and persistent by someone living as the other gender for a few years or so. Obviously to achieve that people need to be able to live as the other gender and not be blocked from doing so.
Why is the eligibility for surgery so stringent?

Restructuring our laws and social norms to accommodate the gatekeeping for what amounts to cosmetic surgery seems like a wild and irresponsible overreaction. Especially when this restructuring mostly involves women's rights.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:02 PM   #1244
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

I really do not think I have any comprehension problems when someone is telling me factual stuff in clear English.
Old Today, 02:09 PM   #1245
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
I don't like them because they lie. And because they're pretty much a men's rights publication, with gay men and transwomen their only concern.

Are you suggesting that the mediabiasfactcheck.com service is itself lying, when it rates Pink News' factual reporting to be generally of high factual truth?

If so, then firstly that would seem to be one heck of a meta mind-****; but secondly, I'd suggest that some supporting evidence for your claim might be in order.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events