IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags gravitons

Old 14th February 2022, 09:12 AM   #361
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by philippeb8 View Post
Just 1 century, not many. "Science" was extremely productive before the Nobel Prize and Einstein's spacetime curvature nonsense.

They have failed to silence me on time because everything is public now. Maybe that's because the Truck Convoy here in Canada has higher priority so that would suggest I've got the perfect timing.

On a final note, a have proven the Nobel / Breakthrough Prizes are actually counterproductive and slow human evolution down because of the following relation:
mainstream^5 * n_phd * n_np * n_bp

Where:
n_phd = number of new physics PhD per year
n_np = number of years since the dawn of the Nobel Prize
n_bp = number of years since the dawn of the Breakthrough Prize

Now in 2022 it's mathematically impossible to undo that mess and not worth the efforts.

I have also mathematically proven the sole purpose of the Kavli / Perimeter Institutes, the Snolab, Xenon lab, ... is to increase our deficit to benefit the Central Banks slowly but surely.
You think science hasn't been 'productive' since 1895?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2022, 09:36 AM   #362
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
In an infinite multiverse with infinite possibilities there is a universe chock full of gravitons where phillipeb8 has made his breakthrough and is sitting and laughing at us from atop his pile of $trillions. This will not be that universe.
Though it'd be a universe where gravity worked rather differently.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2022, 10:17 AM   #363
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

By saying you and I aren't smart enough to understand my own manuscript you just proved whatever I say then you will say the exact opposite.

That means if you say Finite Theory is a crackpot effort that really means it's an absolute masterpiece. You are also confirming the defamation agenda you are following to the letter. So thanks again.
Yours is not the only possible interpretation of the facts.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2022, 10:45 AM   #364
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

On a final note, a have proven the Nobel / Breakthrough Prizes are actually counterproductive and slow human evolution down because of the following relation:

mainstream^5 * n_phd * n_np * n_bp

Where:
n_phd = number of new physics PhD per year
n_np = number of years since the dawn of the Nobel Prize
n_bp = number of years since the dawn of the Breakthrough Prize

This is not a relation. It does not show an equality or any other relationship between anything and anything else. It's only some various quantities multiplied together. One of those quantities, "mainstream," is undefined and lacks units.
Old 14th February 2022, 12:41 PM   #365
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Do your own research.

Alfred Nobel was dubbed the "Angel of Death". Do you seriously I want to be associated with him or any "destructive science" after I keep bragging about my specific "constructive science" efforts?

Also even the Vatican is associated with the Central Banks / Freemasonry since 1832. All they do is flip around the values of the Vatican like the 7 virtues to the 7 deadly sins. And the Nobel Prize represents all that (reputation / pride) which is leading to our own demise.

Thus I reject any association with them.
How does any of that answer my question about the productivity of science over the last 100 years?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2022, 08:31 PM   #366
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Anyhoo...

Have we proved that a graviton is a particle using an iPhone yet? Looking forward to the definitive answer.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2022, 09:50 PM   #367
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Have we proved that a graviton is a particle using an iPhone yet? Looking forward to the definitive answer.
I cheated.

"Your cheat provider / Walkthrough Levels 31-40 for Graviton: Physics Puzzle"
Release: Sep 27, 2019
Platform: iPhone - iPad

https://www.chaptercheats.com/cheat/...videos/258624/
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2022, 11:45 AM   #368
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

You missed the part where it got simplified with a 5 minutes long search engine search + 67 lines long Python script.
That was for your proof of an "aether wind". Are you now claiming it was for proof of gravitons, too?

Either way, you haven't presented any proof, per se...just an empty claim. Now would be a great time to show what you have.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2022, 12:40 PM   #369
philippeb8
Muse

Originally Posted by jsfisher View Post
That was for your proof of an "aether wind". Are you now claiming it was for proof of gravitons, too?

Either way, you haven't presented any proof, per se...just an empty claim. Now would be a great time to show what you have.
Actually it also proves that there is graviton attenuation down to 80% but I'll have to run the same script on a larger data set to verify its consistency.

Last edited by philippeb8; 15th February 2022 at 12:44 PM.
philippeb8 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2022, 02:28 PM   #370
sarge
Philosopher

Mod Warning Please confine posts to the thread topic
Responding to this mod box in thread will be off topic Posted By:sarge
Old 15th February 2022, 02:50 PM   #371
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Actually it also proves that there is graviton attenuation down to 80% but I'll have to run the same script on a larger data set to verify its consistency.
And I look forward to your Tractor Beams, Anti-Gravity Devices, Force Fields, and other such 'Star Trek' type things that you say that you will be producing.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2022, 04:10 PM   #372
philippeb8
Muse

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
And I look forward to your Tractor Beams, Anti-Gravity Devices, Force Fields, and other such 'Star Trek' type things that you say that you will be producing.
Thank you Scotty, you will not be disappointed.
philippeb8 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2022, 05:24 PM   #373
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

You continue to avoid providing any sort of proof of your claims. What was your Google search, and the Python script you applied to it, and what was the results you obtained? I am not simply interested in what you think the results mean; I and others (I am sure) would like to see the raw information from which you drew your conclusions.

jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2022, 06:35 PM   #374
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Show your work. Let's see the script and the data set, and explain how your got the data set too.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2022, 06:57 PM   #375
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Show your work. Let's see the script and the data set, and explain how your got the data set too.
For a person who claims to make all his knowledge public, as per the quote below, philippeb8 seems strangely reluctant to make his knowledge public.

They are not powerless, they are currently taxing me to death but making all my knowledge public and refuting the spacetime curvature nonsense within a week or two is an efficient counter-strategy.

I know this forum will be archived, so I want to be remembered as being part of the solution.
Old 15th February 2022, 07:19 PM   #376
philippeb8
Muse

You continue to avoid providing any sort of proof of your claims. What was your Google search, and the Python script you applied to it, and what was the results you obtained? I am not simply interested in what you think the results mean; I and others (I am sure) would like to see the raw information from which you drew your conclusions.
I'll post the link one more time but if I see you guys intentionally confuse everything I say then I'll leave for good. Because if I stay here that means I contribute to your ATMer defamation agenda, despite taking the time to warn you everything is clear to me.

Here's the data and the script:
https://github.com/philippeb8/microgal

The images are based on the following experiment:
http://cpb.iphy.ac.cn/article/2015/c...f8_hr.png.html

And Fig S5 below confirms other experiments all return similar sinusoidal residuals:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1904.09084.pdf

The sinusoidal residual means that at 6 pm and 6 am, when the gravimeter is perfectly perpendicular to the Sun, it measures the highest discrepancy between what is predicted and what is measured. And this is very consistent.

The graviton attenuation is the ratio of the measured residual at 12 am and 12 pm which gets us 80%. But again, this will need to be confirmed with a larger data set.

Last edited by philippeb8; 15th February 2022 at 07:45 PM.
Old 15th February 2022, 10:48 PM   #377
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

And yet, despite not taking your brilliance into account, we can get spaceships to land exactly where we want, even after they take slingshots around Jupiter.

In your universe Jupiter would massively interfere with the Sun's gravitons and thus the path of a spaceship would differ from one that does not take that into account.

The difference may be small, but space is big, so it would be enough to make things completely miss their intended targets.

They don't. So the odds of you being right are quite small.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2022, 11:03 PM   #378
philippeb8
Muse

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
And yet, despite not taking your brilliance into account, we can get spaceships to land exactly where we want, even after they take slingshots around Jupiter.

In your universe Jupiter would massively interfere with the Sun's gravitons and thus the path of a spaceship would differ from one that does not take that into account.

The difference may be small, but space is big, so it would be enough to make things completely miss their intended targets.

A slingshot is lateral to the associated planet:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_assist
Old 15th February 2022, 11:50 PM   #379
philippeb8
Muse

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post

What about all of those?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyby_anomaly
Old 16th February 2022, 03:54 AM   #380
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

A slingshot is lateral to the associated planet:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_assist
What is that supposed to mean?
Old 16th February 2022, 05:08 AM   #381
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Gravitons man! They are out there by the bucket load! And they react exactly the way philippeb8's personal physics requires, regardless of what actual physics (which is a century old scam, remember) actually says.
Old 16th February 2022, 05:11 AM   #382
Crossbow

Thank you Scotty, you will not be disappointed.
Great!

So start producing these items and you will easily become the richest person in all of recorded history.

Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2022, 07:02 AM   #383
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

And Fig S5 below confirms other experiments all return similar sinusoidal residuals:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1904.09084.pdf

The sinusoidal residual means that at 6 pm and 6 am, when the gravimeter is perfectly perpendicular to the Sun, it measures the highest discrepancy between what is predicted and what is measured. And this is very consistent.

Quoted from that paper, with my highlighting:
Originally Posted by Wu et al.
Because our laboratory is about 4.5 km east of the San Francisco Bay, the ocean tidal loading effect on gravity at our location is significant and is not accurately described in available models (31). Figure 2B shows that the residual gravity variation is correlated to the water-level variation measured in the Bay. As shown in Fig. 2C and 2D, the ocean tidal loading leads to the peaks in the Allan deviation and the power spectral density in a period-band between 6-24 hours....

....Because the local gravity is affected by the tidal effects, the inaccurate tide model at our location constrains the accuracy of the long-term stability measurement and the systematic effect evaluation. A gravity comparison at a geophysical observatory would allow us to characterize them more accurately (34). With these improvements, a more accurate measurement of the ocean tidal loading effect may be useful....
Figure S5 compares "measured gravity and the solid-earth tide model", without correcting for ocean tidal loading, so the residuals seen in Figure S5 are explained quite well by the correlation shown in Figure 2B.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2022, 07:43 AM   #384
philippeb8
Muse

Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
Quoted from that paper, with my highlighting:

Figure S5 compares "measured gravity and the solid-earth tide model", without correcting for ocean tidal loading, so the residuals seen in Figure S5 are explained quite well by the correlation shown in Figure 2B.
It is common knowledge the residual is sinusoidal:

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/1...-1394/51/5/452
Old 17th February 2022, 08:12 AM   #385
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Ummm, your cited article makes a similar claim as W.D.Clinger: "Red points represent the experimental data, black solid line is the theoretical tide model without correcting the ocean loading of the Earth."

On the other hand, your cited article does not support your claim, "It is common knowledge the residual is sinusoidal".

Old 17th February 2022, 09:02 AM   #386
philippeb8
Muse

Ummm, your cited article makes a similar claim as W.D.Clinger: "Red points represent the experimental data, black solid line is the theoretical tide model without correcting the ocean loading of the Earth."

On the other hand, your cited article does not support your claim, "It is common knowledge the residual is sinusoidal".
The ocean loading is a consequence of the Earth's tides anyways.

Furthermore let's not silently dismiss the flyby anomalies.
Old 17th February 2022, 09:16 AM   #387
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

You really have trouble staying on point, don't you?

W.D.Clinger made a claim, a claim you seemed to want to discount, but ended up just supporting. Are we done with that, or do you have other non sequiturs to introduce?

Last edited by jsfisher; 17th February 2022 at 09:17 AM.
Old 17th February 2022, 09:36 AM   #388
philippeb8
Muse

You really have trouble staying on point, don't you?

W.D.Clinger made a claim, a claim you seemed to want to discount, but ended up just supporting. Are we done with that, or do you have other non sequiturs to introduce?
So you are just proving you tend to silently dismiss important facts such as the flyby anomaly that is apparently explained by a dark matter cloud surrounding the Earth. Seriously?

Anyway my point was the ocean loading is affected by the Moon and the Sun but doesn't change the overall Earth gravitational acceleration because the overall mass doesn't change.
Old 17th February 2022, 12:21 PM   #389
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

So you are just proving you tend to silently dismiss important facts such as the flyby anomaly that is apparently explained by a dark matter cloud surrounding the Earth. Seriously?
I prove nothing of the sort. You continue to flutter from topic to topic without completing one before interjecting the next.

Quote:
Anyway my point was the ocean loading is affected by the Moon and the Sun but doesn't change the overall Earth gravitational acceleration because the overall mass doesn't change.
But that wasn't the point in W.D.Clinger's post, now was it? Let's close out that item, shall we? And then you can move to a new (singular) next point.

Old 17th February 2022, 12:35 PM   #390
philippeb8
Muse

But that wasn't the point in W.D.Clinger's post, now was it? Let's close out that item, shall we? And then you can move to a new (singular) next point.
The 3 experiments I've presented are not all next to the ocean. Even if they were then in what way should it change the Earth's gravitational acceleration? It's not worth the efforts to calculate that because it's obvious.

Last edited by philippeb8; 17th February 2022 at 12:36 PM.
Old 17th February 2022, 12:35 PM   #391
catsmate
No longer the 1

Oh look, a Gish Gallop......
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2022, 01:04 PM   #392
Crossbow

Originally Posted by philippeb8
Edited by jimbob:  moderated content removed
I suggest that you produce those force fields, those tractor beams, and those anti-gravity devices that you said you could produce and then you would no longer have to produce replies.

Last edited by jimbob; 18th February 2022 at 12:58 AM.
Old 17th February 2022, 01:37 PM   #393
Crossbow

Originally Posted by philippeb8
Edited by jimbob:  moderated content removed
Great!

By producing those tractor beams, those force fields, and those anti-gravity devices you will become the richest person in all of human history.

As such, you will no longer have to respond to anyone that you do not wish to respond to.

Last edited by jimbob; 18th February 2022 at 01:00 AM.
Old 18th February 2022, 08:59 AM   #394
Crossbow

As for me, I sure am looking forward to getting those force fields, tractor beams and anti-gravity devices that 'philippeb8' will be producing.

I install the anti-gravity device on my car so that it will float about 50 cm or so about the road,
then I will use the tractor beam to be pulled along by vehicles which are travelling more or less my way,
then I will use the force fields to protect my modified vehicle from getting dirty and/or theives,
and if necessary, I will use the car in a conventional way.

Just think of all the gas money, oil change money, tire money, and so on that I will be saving.

Woo hoo!

With all of this savings, then I will finally be able to buy my own Girl Scout cookies.

Old 18th February 2022, 01:32 PM   #395
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
It means some people can only think in two dimensions. Not meant as a criticism, but I have happened upon a lot of that lately in various folks. Where to place the blame for that? The education system? Dunno. I can still remember in my youth 3D spatial reasoning tests. Later on, my own kids had similar.

I consider the lack of 3D spatial reasoning to be one of the reasons why the flat earth wingnuts exist along with some other reasons.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology