ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags james millette , kevin ryan , Niels Harrit , paint chips , richard gage , steven jones , wtc

Old 15th March 2014, 07:45 AM   #4401
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Miragememories View Post
What is your difficulty in understanding that particle size effects ignition-temperature and energy density?

MM
What is yours?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 08:04 AM   #4402
chrismohr
Master Poster

If I ever said that the two mismatched DSC curves show that the red-grey chips are NOT thermite, then I was wrong. What I should have said is that the mismatch tells us nothing about this material one way or another. It CAN be caused by it being a different size or type of thermite, or it CAN be caused by being an entirely different material. Thus it tells us nothing. Steep curves are common in DSC readings for all kinds of materials (I looked it up) so that too tells us NOTHING. MM is right insofar as nano-sized particles can put out different DSC readings than larger particles. So if I misspoke on that, my retraction is here, along with a big giant shrug of the shoulders as I continue to assert that a grossly mismatched DSC reading with nothing but a steep curve in it tells us nothing about the materials being measured.
WTC Dust study http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64959841/911...12webHiRes.pdf Hundreds more links and info both sides: http:www.chrismohr911.com
chrismohr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 08:31 AM   #4403
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Originally Posted by Miragememories View Post
What is your difficulty in understanding that particle size effects ignition-temperature and energy density?

MM
What is yours?
He's right.

The smaller the particles, the more oxidized the aluminium particles become in the surface, and since the oxidation penetrates the particle, that means less aluminium available to react. Someone (Sunstealer? Oystein? Ivan?) added numbers there; my recollection is that maybe about 70% of the aluminium would still be unoxidized and thus available to react.

The result is a reduction of the energy density.

Thus MM is right: particle size does affect energy density.

Except, not the way he expects.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 08:50 AM   #4404
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
He's right.

The smaller the particles, the more oxidized the aluminium particles become in the surface, and since the oxidation penetrates the particle, that means less aluminium available to react. Someone (Sunstealer? Oystein? Ivan?) added numbers there; my recollection is that maybe about 70% of the aluminium would still be unoxidized and thus available to react.

I was thinking more along the lines of theoretical maximums. You are correct though.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 08:54 AM   #4405
Porkpie Hat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by chrismohr View Post
If I ever said that the two mismatched DSC curves show that the red-grey chips are NOT thermite, then I was wrong. What I should have said is that the mismatch tells us nothing about this material one way or another. It CAN be caused by it being a different size or type of thermite, or it CAN be caused by being an entirely different material. Thus it tells us nothing. Steep curves are common in DSC readings for all kinds of materials (I looked it up) so that too tells us NOTHING. MM is right insofar as nano-sized particles can put out different DSC readings than larger particles. So if I misspoke on that, my retraction is here, along with a big giant shrug of the shoulders as I continue to assert that a grossly mismatched DSC reading with nothing but a steep curve in it tells us nothing about the materials being measured.
Chris, I've enjoyed many of your videos and respect that you've chosen to give 911 "truth" the latitude you have to ensure a respectful dialogue but all this debate over the composition of dust is nothing but a giant red herring when one takes off the blinders and stands back to review the whole picture.

The debate over dust supposes it's possible a layer of coating 3-5mils thick could cause the destruction of 110 story office buildings yet we've never had that proven as fact to begin with.

Semenut proposed the alleged nanothermite was hundreds or even thousands of layers thick to allow for the required amount of energy to exist in the coatings of the structural steel.

Being realistic, the time it takes for a coating of industrial paint to dry/cure would be about 8 hours minimum. Now apply thousands of coats and figure out the surface area required to facilitate such a collapse. Given that it would take literally thousands of hours over a large surface area and this was a populated building the entire argument begins to sound totally absurd even if it is possible.

There's no possible way this could have been done without many people knowing about it.

The big picture of this argument is just silly and absurd to begin with and arguing the minutia just avoids that reality.
Porkpie Hat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 08:55 AM   #4406
OCaptain
Graduate Poster

I was thinking more along the lines of theoretical maximums. You are correct though.
Yes, but the real question is "are smaller hushaboom therm*te (TM) particles quieter than larger ones?"
OCaptain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 08:56 AM   #4407
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by OCaptain View Post
Yes, but the real question is "are smaller hushaboom therm*te (TM) particles quieter than larger ones?"

Old 15th March 2014, 10:06 AM   #4408
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Porkpie Hat View Post
Chris, I've enjoyed many of your videos and respect that you've chosen to give 911 "truth" the latitude you have to ensure a respectful dialogue but all this debate over the composition of dust is nothing but a giant red herring when one takes off the blinders and stands back to review the whole picture.

The debate over dust supposes it's possible a layer of coating 3-5mils thick could cause the destruction of 110 story office buildings yet we've never had that proven as fact to begin with.

Semenut proposed the alleged nanothermite was hundreds or even thousands of layers thick to allow for the required amount of energy to exist in the coatings of the structural steel.

Being realistic, the time it takes for a coating of industrial paint to dry/cure would be about 8 hours minimum. Now apply thousands of coats and figure out the surface area required to facilitate such a collapse. Given that it would take literally thousands of hours over a large surface area and this was a populated building the entire argument begins to sound totally absurd even if it is possible.

There's no possible way this could have been done without many people knowing about it.

The big picture of this argument is just silly and absurd to begin with and arguing the minutia just avoids that reality.

What was all that unreacted thermite doing in the dust? Since it took tons to bring down the buildings and there seems to be tons of the stuff left over after melting all the steel and keeping it melted for three months the building must have been stuffed full of thermite. You'd think someone would notice that their office was full of explosives. Probably camouflaged it as office supplies.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 10:09 AM   #4409
OCaptain
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
What was all that unreacted thermite doing in the dust? Since it took tons to bring down the buildings and there seems to be tons of the stuff left over after melting all the steel and keeping it melted for three months the building must have been stuffed full of thermite. You'd think someone would notice that their office was full of explosives. Probably camouflaged it as office supplies.
That would be kind of an inefficient setup to bring down a high-rise, eh? (I'm not Canadian, BTW)
OCaptain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 10:16 AM   #4410
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by OCaptain View Post
That would be kind of an inefficient setup to bring down a high-rise, eh? (I'm not Canadian, BTW)
That's all part of the plan. Do the job in the most convoluted and retarded way, that way no one would think there was genius behind it.

Old 15th March 2014, 11:34 AM   #4411
Porkpie Hat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
Exactly.

This whole debate is the equivalent of arguing about who would win a leg wrestling match between Superman and Batman without taking into consideration that both are fictional characters....well maybe not Batman but you get my point.
Porkpie Hat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 12:00 PM   #4412
Senenmut
Graduate Poster

not the coating of the steel but as a device say 2 ft by 2 ft or whatever size would be needed to cut through the connection one is trying to sever. im sure with the right math, one could make different size devices for different size steel. aim that device at the connection point. heck, I even have seen a patent that is regular thermite molded with heat and pressure into shapes. you could make a shape (conical) and fill it with layer upon layer of the thermitic material jones and crew found. that way as the nanothermite burns, so does the container it is in. no evidence.

severing the connections is key, not melting the whole beam.

Senenmut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 12:21 PM   #4413
Porkpie Hat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Senenmut View Post
not the coating of the steel but as a device say 2 ft by 2 ft or whatever size would be needed to cut through the connection one is trying to sever. im sure with the right math, one could make different size devices for different size steel. aim that device at the connection point. heck, I even have seen a patent that is regular thermite molded with heat and pressure into shapes. you could make a shape (conical) and fill it with layer upon layer of the thermitic material jones and crew found. that way as the nanothermite burns, so does the container it is in. no evidence.

severing the connections is key, not melting the whole beam.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...fba70a18a2.jpg
So you want to pretend that is what happened?

Go for it, meanwhile I'll stick with the evidence that says it didn't.

Oh and that pic seems to show an I beam which has had a portion of its web crushed and elongated which also resulted in thinning of the material.

How does that fit into your fantasy?
Old 15th March 2014, 12:24 PM   #4414
Porkpie Hat
Critical Thinker

And Semenut, you did suggest the coating was hundreds or even thousands of layers thick.

Did you actually apply some logic to the time that would require and realise how utterly ridiculous it sounds?
Old 15th March 2014, 12:25 PM   #4415
Senenmut
Graduate Poster

So you want to pretend that is what happened?

Go for it, meanwhile I'll stick with the evidence that says it didn't.

Oh and that pic seems to show an I beam which has had a portion of its web crushed and elongated which also resulted in thinning of the material.

How does that fit into your fantasy?
sure it does....

looks awfully similar to:
Senenmut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 12:29 PM   #4416
Porkpie Hat
Critical Thinker

And the sharp edges tells me that whatever did that was a low temperature reaction.

You're just grasping at any straw and hoping someone will be deluded enough to believe you.

How's that working btw?
Old 15th March 2014, 12:31 PM   #4417
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

sure it does....

Any distraction from the paper that has been proven to violate the scientific method (Harrits).

Last edited by DGM; 15th March 2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 15th March 2014, 12:45 PM   #4418
pgimeno
Illuminator

He's right.

Sprry, my wording was wrong.

The smaller the particles the bigger the proportion of oxidized vs. non-oxidized aluminium. That's what I meant. There isn't more absolute amount of oxidized aluminium as this wording suggested: "The smaller the particles, the more oxidized the aluminium particles become..." but the proportion of oxidized vs non-oxidized aluminium is bigger. Sorry about that.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 12:46 PM   #4419
Senenmut
Graduate Poster

And the sharp edges tells me that whatever did that was a low temperature reaction.

You're just grasping at any straw and hoping someone will be deluded enough to believe you.

How's that working btw?

yeah, this was also caused by low temp reaction that was thermitic in nature. notice the razor sharpness. low temp is relative in your mind I guess.

Old 15th March 2014, 12:56 PM   #4420
Porkpie Hat
Critical Thinker

yeah, this was also caused by low temp reaction that was thermitic in nature. notice the razor sharpness. low temp is relative in your mind I guess.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...4adac1f4e0.jpg
What I notice is it looks nothing like your previous examples.

Your previous examples have thinning of the cross sectional thickness. That pic shows the parent metal of the web still intact but melted through.

The carrot (or whatever is being sliced and diced) is being shaved by the edge of the material rather than cut through straight down (perpendicular to) the web.

Hey it's your fantasy though, you choose who wins between Superman and Batman by giving them whatever magical powers you want!
Old 15th March 2014, 12:58 PM   #4421
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Sorry about that.
Not a problem

The fact still remains. "Nano" or other-wise, the thermite reaction can not exceed the theoretic maximum. Chemistry is funny that way.

Old 15th March 2014, 01:00 PM   #4422
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse

Here's another blog post attacking Dave Thomas (and me to an extent) re the DSC readings Jim Millette considered not worth doing:
http://911debunkers.blogspot.com/201...ve-thomas.html
Thanks for the info, Chris. From all the attention we're getting over there, seems like we're getting under their skin.

Does anyone know of a link to the actual DSC curve at Livermore (LLNL) that supposedly shows nanothermite reacting at 530 deg C? I would like to check it out. Zugam provides a link to the LLNL front door. While a search from that portal for nano-thermite pulls up results like this , trying to find this specific graph is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Here's what I got at LLNL:
Quote:
Your search - nano-thermite 530 - did not match any documents.
I imagine Zugam is just being cagey because the actual paper says nothing of the sort,and he doesn't want his bluff exposed.

I should comment on all this at "Debunking the Debunkers" - oh wait, they don't allow such things at that particular bastion of Truth and Freedom.
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 01:09 PM   #4423
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse

Negative review of Harrit

Whilst trying to chase Zugam's wild goose, I came across this interesting article.

Peer review of Harrit et al. on 911 - Can't see any nanothermite?

Quote:
The authors also provided differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) measurements of bi-layer grey-red flakes and observed exothermic peaks at approximately 420 C (degrees Celsius) for all four WTC dust samples.

There are more problems with all of this than I have the patience to outline but here are some main points.
  • The Al slugs would give inhomogeneous background Al signals in the EDXA spectra. This was not considered or discussed in the paper. There could be no or little Al in the red-layer.
  • The carbon adhesive tape will give inhomogeneous background C signals in the EDXA spectra. This was not considered or discussed in the paper. There could be no or little C in the red-layer.
  • There is as much or more Si (silicon) in the EDXA results than Al in all the red-layer results and Si and Al are closely correlated in their spatial distributions (e.g., their Figure 10). No probable explanation is given for this. This is not consistent with the presence of metallic Al.
  • Oxygen (O) is more closely spatially correlated with Al and Si than with Fe (e.g., their Figure 10). No probable explanation is given for this. This contradicts the conclusion of the presence of metallic Al.
  • No effort was made to estimate the Fe:Al elemental ratio in the red-layer. Synthetic thermite or nanothermite would have a ratio of 1:1. The point is never discussed.
  • The exothermic peak in the DSC traces occurs at a temperature (420 C) approximately 90 C below the temperature for the thermite reaction. No explanation is proposed for this. Chemical activation energies of known reactions cannot be so sample dependent, whether nano-sized or not. This is not the thermite reaction.
  • In the reacted product (after heating in DSC), no Al-oxide is observed as a residue, as required by the thermite reaction. No explanation is given for this.
  • The obvious needed measurement of X-ray diffraction was not used to confirm the solid mineral species (oxides or metals). This is unacceptable in a materials chemistry paper. This is not considered by the authors.
  • Much is made of the fact that Fe-rich spheroids are present after reaction but there is no discussion of the grey-layer or of the origin of the Si-rich spheroids. Heating causes many things and there is an exothermic reaction so the conclusions about the presence of Fe-rich spheroids (which are reported to contain oxygen) as evidence for the thermite reaction is tenuous.
Here is an alternative explanation for the observations reported by Harrit et al.

Steel rusts. Rust crusts crack and blow off the steel when physically disrupted.

Rusting steel is one of the most studied materials science problems in engineering.
Lots more there, and much of it confirming Millette's work, go check it out!
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 01:23 PM   #4424
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse

And Another One...

Miraculous ‘Unexploded’ Active Super Thermite Burns at 430? Professor, PhD, Steven E Jones’ Search for ‘Truth’

Quote:
Jones’ miraculous, super-duper, double top secret nanothermite burns at 430 C according to his research. There is no doubt high explosives will burn. But, if they burn, they can’t be around later to explode. Unless or course its magical, miraculous, ‘matter’, then, and only then, can it burn and then be around later to explode. An inhaled lit cigarette produces 400 to 780 C. A match burns at 600 to 800 C.
and

Quote:
The above statements clearly show that purity, uniformity and equal dispersal of all reactants is vital for adequate performance. Remember, PURITY – has ONLY the necessary elements needed to complete a thermite reaction – no extra elements – no impurities, Uniformity – one section of thermitic material should have almost exactly the same ratio of elements as any other section of thermitic material. It’s important when we start to see all the impurities and ‘areas of concentration’ in these so called – pure, uniform active thermite chips.
and

Quote:
“Fig. (19). Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC) traces for four red/gray chip samples found in World Trade Center dust collections.” There is no doubt something burned in the DSC. There is also no doubt that the amount or what burned is NOT the equal. 1. They ignite at different heats. They release different amounts of energy. If they were all the same, they would all burn at exactly the same temperature and give exactly the same amount of heat. For me, something like MEK is responsible. It burns at 404 when it is the only sampling. Varying amounts of residual MEK or hydrocarbon would produce these results. Now, supposedly, these were not the chips soaked in MEK. But, one thing we know is if this was truly ‘nano thermite’ it would be pure and it would all burn exactly at the same temperature and always give the same amount of heat.
Old 15th March 2014, 02:10 PM   #4425
Africanus
Thinker

Originally Posted by DaveThomasNMSR View Post
Thanks for the info, Chris. From all the attention we're getting over there, seems like we're getting under their skin.

Does anyone know of a link to the actual DSC curve at Livermore (LLNL) that supposedly shows nanothermite reacting at 530 deg C? I would like to check it out. Zugam provides a link to the LLNL front door. While a search from that portal for nano-thermite pulls up results like this , trying to find this specific graph is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
The DSC graph is part one of Tillotson's publications:

Journal of non-crystalline Solids, 285 (2001), 338 - 345.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...2230930100477X
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc_tillotson_non-crystalline_solids.JPG (15.7 KB, 104 views)
Africanus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 02:36 PM   #4426
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse

Originally Posted by Africanus View Post
The DSC graph is part one of Tillotson's publications:

Journal of non-crystalline Solids, 285 (2001), 338 - 345.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...2230930100477X

OK, thanks!
Old 15th March 2014, 02:55 PM   #4427
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse

Mackey 2009

Hmmm, looks like Ryan Mackey explained why the nano-thermite has a lower-temperature peak than normal thermite waaaaay back in 2009:

Quote:
The advantages of the nanothermite -- the real nanothermite made by Tillotson and his team -- are that it is more uniform and predictable, has a relatively fast reaction time, and has a substantially LOWER ignition temperature than normal thermite, yet high relative to some other compounds including explosives. However, it has an extremely low energy density, about 1/30th that of ordinary gasoline, and 1/3 that of TNT.

What you would want in the WTC case is something with inordinately high energy density, an extremely high thermal stability, and a very low reaction rate. Real nanothermite does not fit this bill at all.

What Dr. Jones has found is a substance that burns readily in air, ignited at ordinary fire temperatures, and has a wildly varying energy content albeit in no way competitive with normal combustibles like wood or paper, let alone jet fuel or gasoline. This is not a match to nanothermite, nor does it have properties advantageous or even faintly usable for any WTC demolition scenario.

It is, however, utterly consistent with organics containing sphere-like and plate-like structures of aluminum and iron, and their oxides, at decidedly larger-than-nano sizes. Like paint. Paint burns. Paint burns in air with a similar ignition temperature and a comparable energy density, and not being designed to burn would burn somewhat unpredictably depending on how it was dried and its substrate. Perfect bloody match to what Dr. Jones found.
Old 15th March 2014, 04:11 PM   #4428
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

You show rust. It means my 66 mustang battery box was attacked by thermite?
The evidence you show is proof of no thermite - it is corrosion in fire.
You are using corrosion at temperatures of 1000C and below to support a fantasy of thermite. You debunk yourself and don't understand you did it all by yourself. A JREF stealth debunker.

You can't explain how thermite can melt steel, but only rusts steel on 911, no melted steel. Please show some more corroded steel, it helps save time debunking the thermite fantasy.

How will you debunk a reality paper? You failed to debunk the Millette paper. Why?

Last edited by beachnut; 15th March 2014 at 04:16 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 07:15 PM   #4429
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by DaveThomasNMSR View Post
LOL! The author, "Ed Ward, MD", is a mini-nuker who attacks BOTH Judy Wood and Steven Jones! (And Christopher Bollyn, too.) Trutherism has reached its terminal phase, with an ever-shrinking following dominated by the kookiest of the kooky. The kook remnant has riven into multiple factions who attack each other tooth and claw. Who will dominate this pathetic bunch of cultists in the end? Mini-nukers, maxi-nukers, nano-thermiters, DEWers, or maybe something else entirely? Anyone care to offer odds?
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2014, 05:33 AM   #4430
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Here's another blog post attacking Dave Thomas (and me to an extent) re the DSC readings Jim Millette considered not worth doing:
http://911debunkers.blogspot.com/201...ve-thomas.html
From the link:

the above argument is non-sense because nano-thermite/super-thermite materials have completely different characteristics than traditional thermite!

If nano-super-thermite has completely different characteristics than regular thermite why are they using tests that detect regular thermite and why would they think those tests are able to detect this super special thermite?
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2014, 07:44 AM   #4431
chrismohr
Master Poster

Hi Dave,
I know about Denis Rancourt and will be quoting him in my upcoming video. Dr Ed Ward si a new one for me. And I knew about Ryan Mackey, but in my video most of the quotes challenging the Harrit/Jones paper actually come from people in 9/11 Truth. Ed Ward is an advocate for mininukes bringing down the WTC buildings, but parts of his critiques of the thermite theory are amazingly similar to our critiques! As I say in my video text, the Harrit/Jones paper has created more controversey within 9/11 Truth than any other theory embraced by Richard Gage I can think of. And it's not just the mininuke/death ray crowd, it's also more moderate people like Mark Hightower.
WTC Dust study http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64959841/911...12webHiRes.pdf Hundreds more links and info both sides: http:www.chrismohr911.com
chrismohr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2014, 08:01 AM   #4432
gmanontario
Muse

Did anyone else read that name as Dr. Ed Wood? More appropriate I would say.

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2014, 03:59 PM   #4433
Senenmut
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
You show rust. It means my 66 mustang battery box was attacked by thermite?

The evidence you show is proof of no thermite - it is corrosion in fire.
You are using corrosion at temperatures of 1000C and below to support a fantasy of thermite. You debunk yourself and don't understand you did it all by yourself. A JREF stealth debunker.
why in the world would you subject your car to 1000C?

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
You can't explain how thermite can melt steel, but only rusts steel on 911, no melted steel. Please show some more corroded steel, it helps save time debunking the thermite fantasy.

How will you debunk a reality paper? You failed to debunk the Millette paper. Why?
actually the eutectic could have been far hotter than the minimum of 940C. remember, sisson could only get "little" metal to dissolve in 24 or 48hrs even at 1100C temp.
Old 16th March 2014, 04:01 PM   #4434
Senenmut
Graduate Poster

What I notice is it looks nothing like your previous examples.

Your previous examples have thinning of the cross sectional thickness. That pic shows the parent metal of the web still intact but melted through.

The carrot (or whatever is being sliced and diced) is being shaved by the edge of the material rather than cut through straight down (perpendicular to) the web.

Hey it's your fantasy though, you choose who wins between Superman and Batman by giving them whatever magical powers you want!
im just showing how thermite can create that "razor" sharpness.
Old 16th March 2014, 06:42 PM   #4435
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Why was no 911 steel exposed to thermite? The corroded steel you showed was a result of fires at and below 1000C, not near the temperature thermite does it damage at. How hot is thermite? The steel photos you posted showed steel corroded in fires, not thermite damage.

The sad thing is 911 truth followers believe the silly conclusion from Jones. Why can't those followers of 911 lies debunk Millette's paper? After 12 years of lies, what evidence do you have? Show the corroded steel, it debunks thermite. Do it again.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2014, 07:11 PM   #4436
Porkpie Hat
Critical Thinker

But that's not what the picture shows.

The thickness of the web is unchanged and the carrot is being shaved by the edge of the hole.

That's not consistent with the pictures you posted previously which showed a loss of thickness.

Sorry, you just aren't going to find a mindless fool to fall for it.
Old 17th March 2014, 04:24 AM   #4437
Senenmut
Graduate Poster

But that's not what the picture shows.

The thickness of the web is unchanged and the carrot is being shaved by the edge of the hole.

That's not consistent with the pictures you posted previously which showed a loss of thickness.

Sorry, you just aren't going to find a mindless fool to fall for it.
im guessing a different type of thermitic device if you haven't been keeping up
Old 17th March 2014, 05:48 AM   #4438
NoahFence
Banned

How come this magical mystery thermite stuff hasn't made its way into the industries that can benefit from it yet? It's been 12 years!
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2014, 06:12 AM   #4439
thedopefishlives
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
How come this magical mystery thermite stuff hasn't made its way into the industries that can benefit from it yet? It's been 12 years!
Because military, that's why. DUH.
Old 17th March 2014, 06:45 AM   #4440
Justin39640
Illuminator

im guessing a different type of thermitic device if you haven't been keeping up
Or the acid attack that it looks like.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories