ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING!

Old 5th February 2019, 10:43 AM   #881
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
The devil is spreading evil rapidly nowadays, using narcissist energy vampires. That's why you don't have much time to turn to reality. You've already embraced the superstition(trinity, atheism, spiritualism ...). And as this cobwebs spread, your chances of turning to reality will be even more difficult.
See? He isn't reading our posts. He literally just accused a forum consisting largely (but not exclusively) of atheists and agnostics of believing in "trinity, atheism, [and] spiritualism."

We're firing into the void when we respond to him. He's a vaguely Islamic version of the people who distribute Jack Chick tracts.
Old 5th February 2019, 11:15 AM   #882
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

The devil is spreading evil rapidly nowadays, using narcissist energy vampires. That's why you don't have much time to turn to reality. You've already embraced the superstition(trinity, atheism, spiritualism ...). And as this cobwebs spread, your chances of turning to reality will be even more difficult.
I'm getting confused, are you actually trying to convert people, or are you working on a bad islamic themed fantasy novel?
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 11:44 AM   #883
Scorpion
Graduate Poster

Where are you getting this from? It is obviously not from the Quran, which you claim is the only holy book.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 11:59 AM   #884
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Where are you getting this from? It is obviously not from the Quran, which you claim is the only holy book.
Good point. Are "narcissist energy vampires" even mentioned in the Quran?

نرجسي مصاصي الدماء الطاقة
Old 5th February 2019, 12:05 PM   #885
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

And as this cobwebs spread, your chances of turning to reality will be even more difficult.
Great, now I have to spend the weekend digging bits of Irony Detector out of the walls...

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 12:13 PM   #886
Emre_1974tr
Muse

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
. Are "narcissist energy vampires" even mentioned in the Quran

The last words of some energy vampires before hell in the afterlife

Quran 57:13 On that day, the hypocrite men and the hypocrite women will say to those who acknowledged: "Wait/look at for us! Let us absorb some of your light." It will be said, "Go back behind you, and seek light." So a barrier will be set up between them, whose gate separates compassion on the inner side, from retribution on the outer side.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 12:26 PM   #887
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, you really need to learn English better.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 12:34 PM   #888
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I guess it is a change of pace from the Usual Christian Fundies who atttmept to convert us to have a Muslim attempt to convert us.....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 12:36 PM   #889
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Quran 57:13 On that day, the hypocrite men and the hypocrite women will say to those who acknowledged: "Wait/look at for us! Let us absorb some of your light." It will be said, "Go back behind you, and seek light." So a barrier will be set up between them, whose gate separates compassion on the inner side, from retribution on the outer side.
That's such a stretch it belongs in a taffy factory.
Old 5th February 2019, 08:44 PM   #890
winter salt
Thinker

Pedophilia in the Quran

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Pedophilia_in_the_Qur%27an

Also,

Quran ("Among them" is for male residents of heaven.):

52:24 "There will circulate among them [servant] boys [especially] for them, as if they were pearls well-protected."
56:17-18-19 "There will circulate among them young boys made eternal-With vessels, pitchers and a cup [of wine] from a flowing spring -No headache will they have therefrom, nor will they be intoxicated -"
76:19 "There will circulate among them young boys made eternal. When you see them, you would think them [as beautiful as] scattered pearls."

Sahih International Translation
winter salt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 10:34 PM   #891
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

...energy vampires??? I rather doubt the Quran mentions those at all in any way. Seriously, that's Anna Rice vampire novel stuff, not Islam.

Have you been translating your posts from Turkish using Google Translate?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2019, 11:17 PM   #892
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

No, wait wait, this could work as a cool novel/tv series.

There is a race of 'energy vampires' that live off light. Obviously they can then only live in desert areas with lots of guaranteed sunlight.
Now on their own this is not a real threat to humanity, but.. lets make them immortal / long lived and inclined to Illuminati (oooooh, yeah the name fits too!) like behavior.

Now along comes Muhammed and he discovers them and leads a crusade to remove them from power in the Mecca/Medina region, but the locals won't believe him, so he coaches it into a new religion. But, he does not have much time as the Illuminati energy vampires are on to him, so he cobbles together something from the bible with local religions and customs.

It works and he drives the vampires into hiding, but the religion thing grows out of his control and if he were to tell the truth the area would collapse into chaos and the energy vampires would come back.
So the real reason to Islam dies with him....

Except for a small core group of Islamic vampire hunters that keep the real truth alive.

Fade to current day with all of its electricity and lights which means the vampires can spread across the world and only a few people (let's call them chosen ones) know the truth and can stop their control.

I'd be like an Islamic version of Buffy!
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2019, 12:32 AM   #893
Filippo Lippi
Master Poster

Before I buy into this how, exactly, was this revealed to you?
Filippo Lippi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2019, 08:27 AM   #894
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Excuse me ...

But are you trying to say that people should be believe that the Quran is actually a great and wonderful holy book because it mentions something really weird like "energy vampires"?

If so, then the Quran strikes me as some sort of strange fairy book as opposed to some sort of divine holy book.
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2019, 03:27 PM   #895
Emre_1974tr
Muse

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Excuse me ...

But are you trying to say that people should be believe that the Quran is actually a great and wonderful holy book because it mentions something really weird like "energy vampires"?

http://www.messagetoeagle.com/scient...ld-phenomenon/
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2019, 03:47 PM   #896
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

What an impressively stupid thing to post.

Do you understand why it is a stupid thing to post?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2019, 03:49 PM   #897
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

OK, you are misunderstanding and misquoting a froot-loop nut-case website which you probably Googled. This is not getting any better.

Perhaps you should spend more time learning to understand English, the nuances and misleading ways it can be used. I'm sure I would need to do the same if I had to learn Turkish before I could be proficient in the language.

Then again, look who I am talking to!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2019, 06:23 PM   #898
MEequalsIxR
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
What an impressively stupid thing to post.

[snip]
Well at least his posts are consistent.
Old 7th February 2019, 05:46 AM   #899
Crossbow

So where does your fairy book mention these "energy vampires"?
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2019, 08:47 PM   #900
Emre_1974tr
Muse

The story of a former christian youth minister:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P912yw0Wc5M
Old 7th February 2019, 11:16 PM   #901
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

TLDW version

ADHD gullible twit swaps one crazy superstition for a different crazy superstition. Remains crazy.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2019, 07:41 AM   #902
halleyscomet
Philosopher

So what?
Old 8th February 2019, 07:54 AM   #903
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

They're Sunni, so they are evil hadith worshipping heretics who don't know the true Qur'an, according to Emre...
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2019, 08:14 AM   #904
halleyscomet
Philosopher

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...235953102.html
Old 8th February 2019, 08:16 AM   #905
Belz...
Fiend God

I told you, the verses were clear.
I can pick up a random novel and make the same claims as you.

Quote:
Mankind is willingly choosing the wrong. That's why hell existed.
Why doesn't he leave us alone? ******* prick.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2019, 08:18 AM   #906
Belz...
Fiend God

False Torah and false Bibles are Hadith books.

Like Bukhari's book.

They are out of religion.

Haven't you heard? Bahá'í has made Islam obsolete 150 years ago.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2019, 12:51 PM   #907
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Each of us arises and subsides in sub empirical happiness
Old 8th February 2019, 01:46 PM   #908
Thor 2
Illuminator

Ah yes, Deepak Chopra, what an inspiration to us all. I bet the Muslims have no one to match this guy.
Old 8th February 2019, 02:23 PM   #909
Emre_1974tr
Muse

Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
Ah yes, Deepak Chopra, what an inspiration to us all. I bet therolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlYCfUxoCtI
Old 9th February 2019, 01:55 AM   #910
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Muslims
Old 9th February 2019, 03:00 PM   #911
Crossbow

And so does where your fairy book discuss the "energy vampires" that you mentioned earlier?
Old 9th February 2019, 06:42 PM   #912
Thor 2
Illuminator

So are you saying Deepak Chopra and all his waffling on strikes a cord with you Emre? There is a message in this I think.
Old 10th February 2019, 06:14 PM   #913
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

See? He isn't reading our posts. He literally just accused a forum consisting largely (but not exclusively) of atheists and agnostics of believing in "trinity, atheism, [and] spiritualism."
I would have interpreted that as [or] rather than [and].
Old 10th February 2019, 07:31 PM   #914
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Title of the video: I’m a Muslim and feel alienated.

Answer: Could it be because you waffle such utter crap all the time, Deepak?

Also, Imre, do you spend all day searching Youtube for things related to Islam?
Old 10th February 2019, 09:45 PM   #915
Thor 2
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Title of the video: I’m a Muslim and feel alienated.

Answer: Could it be because you waffle such utter crap all the time, Deepak?

Also, Imre, do you spend all day searching Youtube for things related to Islam?

Wow! I'm impressed Norman. I looked at that video for about 10 minutes and buggered if I could figure out what he was on about.

Always thought Deepak was a Christian apologist but a bit of Googling right now set me straight. His main thrust is about some kind of holistic medicine which has made him quite wealthy. Mixes up quantum physics with other stuff and comes up with a healthy porridge folk go for.

Mike Shermer wasn't very kind:

Quote:
In 2010, Shermer said that Chopra is "the very definition of what we mean by pseudoscience".
Old 10th February 2019, 11:14 PM   #916
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Wow! I'm impressed Norman. I looked at that video for about 10 minutes and buggered if I could figure out what he was on about.

Always thought Deepak was a Christian apologist but a bit of Googling right now set me straight. His main thrust is about some kind of holistic medicine which has made him quite wealthy. Mixes up quantum physics with other stuff and comes up with a healthy porridge folk go for.

Mike Shermer wasn't very kind:
Good old Deepak. There is good reason why this exists...

http://wisdomofchopra.com

When a randomiser can bloviate the same crapulence...

There is also Daniel Dennett who described Chopra's bloviation as meaningless "deepities".

Seb Pearce's web sit generates whole pages of this pages of this rubbish
http://sebpearce.com/BS/ (replace "BS" with the filtered word that may not be spoken)

Quote:
A deepity is a proposition that seems to be profound because it is actually logically ill-formed. It has (at least) two readings and balances precariously between them. On one reading it is true but trivial. And on another reading it is false, but would be earth-shattering if true.
I could go on because ChopracrapTM is so intellectually toxic that there are hatloads of such sites. Nevertheless, new-agey touchy feely folks take the guy seriously because touchy feely. Not naming names but I could. Bark.

Old 10th February 2019, 11:29 PM   #917
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Nobody can. I doubt even he can. He is good at making this crap up on the run.

Quote:
He does it for the money. People pay him loads to sit and listen to him bloviate. He is wise enough to let them do that.
Old 12th February 2019, 07:17 PM   #918
Emre_1974tr
Muse

Deepak Chopra was never a Christian or a Hindu.

He is a Sufi.
Old 12th February 2019, 07:20 PM   #919
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

ETA: Never mind. I misread.
Old 12th February 2019, 07:27 PM   #920
Emre_1974tr
Muse

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Haven't you heard? Bahá'í .

Bahaism is a pagan spiritualist teaching. Like new ageism...

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy