ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: Are you willing to work for free if the goods and services are free?
Yes 19 35.85%
No 25 47.17%
I don't know 9 16.98%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 23rd July 2020, 01:21 PM   #1481
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,631
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Then if you believe the crap you spout, you should give away your money. God will provide, right?
If i give away the money i make from my work i will be dependant of others, this won't save the world, what will save the world it is that we all collectively get rid of money, not just only one person.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2020, 06:36 AM   #1482
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,954
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
If i give away the money i make from my work i will be dependant of others, this won't save the world, what will save the world it is that we all collectively get rid of money, not just only one person.
So if you do it, you become dependent. But if we all do it, we don't become dependent?

The only thing it will do is kill a vast majority of people.

Here is a thought, your ideas are so poorly defined, poorly explained, you are working on behalf of the Rich to destroy the very idea you claim to support. If you are not, you might want to look at your methods as the rest of us can't tell the difference.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2020, 10:33 AM   #1483
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 26,761
It's trivially true that if you give away all your money you'll be dependent on those who have not yet done so. But if everyone did so, then everyone would be dependent on the good will and social conscience of unknown and unknowable individuals throughout the world.

We don't live in a village any more. Even if you live in a village and can satisfy your need for meat and shelter locally for a while, the person who builds the shelter depends on tools and materials; thence on the suppliers of those, who depend ultimately on the providers of them, who depend on the providers of the resources and the shippers who bring them where they need to go. The guy who builds your hut might be able to go to a local forge for a new hatchet or sickle, but not for a pneumatic nail gun or a circular saw, or for asphalt shingles or rebar. You won't have sheetrock in your grass shack.


The person who hands you the meat depends not only on those who grow and slaughter the animals, but those who feed them, house them, care for the sick ones, regulate the diseases whereby sick animals will kill you or make you sick, and eventually on the makers of knives and meat grinders and refrigerators, and on and on.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2020, 10:34 AM   #1484
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a post-fact world
Posts: 90,806
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
If i give away the money i make from my work i will be dependant of others, this won't save the world, what will save the world it is that we all collectively get rid of money, not just only one person.
And since humans are greedy, would money not come back pretty fast?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2020, 11:25 AM   #1485
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,954
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
And since humans are greedy, would money not come back pretty fast?
While he would never admit it, he kinda already has acknowledged that barter will exist. And from barter, comes currency. Now the last part there, he doesn't understand, but the rest of us do.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 08:33 AM   #1486
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,631
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post

The only thing it will do is kill a vast majority of people.
This is also true that the end of the world could happen in the next minute, we never know.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 10:37 AM   #1487
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,954
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
This is also true that the end of the world could happen in the next minute, we never know.
My car will eventually stop working. I do, however, change the oil when required. My dog will eventually die. I still take him to the vet. Hell, even I, still make routine doctor appointments knowing that my time is limited.

Just because something is inevitable, doesn't mean we should actively try to make it happen.

Are you now going to embrace the fact that, under your plan, you will be the biggest butcher to ever walk the face of the earth?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 02:35 PM   #1488
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,764
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
My car will eventually stop working. I do, however, change the oil when required. My dog will eventually die. I still take him to the vet. Hell, even I, still make routine doctor appointments knowing that my time is limited.

Just because something is inevitable, doesn't mean we should actively try to make it happen.

Are you now going to embrace the fact that, under your plan, you will be the biggest butcher to ever walk the face of the earth?
Gaetan has never thought through the consequences of his proposal. It has been pointed out that his nutty idea would result in a weird version of Mad Max.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2020, 06:30 AM   #1489
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,954
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Gaetan has never thought through the consequences of his proposal. It has been pointed out that his nutty idea would result in a weird version of Mad Max.
And won't even tell us Mel Gibson or Tom Hardy. The nerve.

I swear, all the thought he has put into it is:

1 - I want a Tesla
2 - I can't afford it
3 - This is unfair
4 - They should give me a Tesla

He has conflated his wants with what he is entitled to.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 07:47 PM   #1490
MoeFaux
Suspicious Mind
 
MoeFaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,171
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
And won't even tell us Mel Gibson or Tom Hardy. The nerve.

I swear, all the thought he has put into it is:

1 - I want a Tesla
2 - I can't afford it
3 - This is unfair
4 - They should give me a Tesla

He has conflated his wants with what he is entitled to.
Haven't been following along, but just popped in to comment how fun it is to replace the word 'Tesla' with 'woman.' When those electric incell batteries need replacing, they'll be under warranty, too!
__________________
This post brought to you by the artist fauxmerly known as Moe.

*Parrot Mason's mask courtesy of alfaniner*
MoeFaux is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 07:50 AM   #1491
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,771
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
If i give away the money i make from my work i will be dependant of others, this won't save the world, what will save the world it is that we all collectively get rid of money, not just only one person.
You are already dependent on others, even without giving away your money. As they produce the things you buy with your money.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 08:54 AM   #1492
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,481
Getting rid of everyone's money won't save the world for exactly the same reason that giving everyone a billion dollars won't save the world. The money itself isn't the point.

The point is you require everyone to give away whatever stuff they have to anyone else who wants it, and you expect everyone to comply willingly and you fail to predict widespread cheating and hoarding or keeping the best stuff to trade with friends. The point is you're taking away a major incentive for people to work hard, but you still naively expect everyone to work hard.

You ignore or wave away these basic problems for which you have no solution. Your "plan" is guaranteed to fail catastrophically. Congratulations: you just destroyed the (flawed) system which allows the planet to support over 7 billion people and most of us will starve. Nice job. The end of civilisation because you wanted a Tesla and couldn't afford one.

Last edited by Jack by the hedge; 1st August 2020 at 08:56 AM.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 02:06 PM   #1493
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,771
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Getting rid of everyone's money won't save the world for exactly the same reason that giving everyone a billion dollars won't save the world. The money itself isn't the point.

The point is you require everyone to give away whatever stuff they have to anyone else who wants it, and you expect everyone to comply willingly and you fail to predict widespread cheating and hoarding or keeping the best stuff to trade with friends. The point is you're taking away a major incentive for people to work hard, but you still naively expect everyone to work hard.

You ignore or wave away these basic problems for which you have no solution. Your "plan" is guaranteed to fail catastrophically. Congratulations: you just destroyed the (flawed) system which allows the planet to support over 7 billion people and most of us will starve. Nice job. The end of civilisation because you wanted a Tesla and couldn't afford one.
Not to mention that he simply overlooks his very own precept that people will screw over their neighbors for money (his assertions that they want to be paid the most yet pay the least). Yet suddenly they wouldn't screw over their neighbors to get the things they would have bought with said money.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 08:16 AM   #1494
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,954
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Not to mention that he simply overlooks his very own precept that people will screw over their neighbors for money (his assertions that they want to be paid the most yet pay the least). Yet suddenly they wouldn't screw over their neighbors to get the things they would have bought with said money.
Of course. You wouldn't screw over your neighbor for a bigger house. Nope, no motivation there at all. It's the money that makes that happen.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 01:10 PM   #1495
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,631
I don't know if you notice but the Covid 19 hits poorest, richer are not really affected by the virus. People eating garbage food, not taking care of their hygiene, fat people, not eating food supplements, not making exercise, can't afford to take care of their health, the traditional poor. Solution, provide what the rich have by abolish money.

Last edited by Gaetan; 3rd August 2020 at 01:25 PM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 01:27 PM   #1496
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,764
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
I don't know if you notice but the Covid 19 attacks poorest, richer are not really affected by the virus. People eating garbage food, not taking care of their hygiene, fat people, not eating food supplements, not making exercise, can't afford to take care of their health, the traditional poor. Solution, provide what the rich have by abolish money.
Demonstrably false. Herman Cain was rich, entitled, health insured to the hilt, and a COVID denier.

And he is dead from COVID anyway.

Why? because COVID does not care.

Grow up.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 01:33 PM   #1497
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,631
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Demonstrably false. Herman Cain was rich, entitled, health insured to the hilt, and a COVID denier.

And he is dead from COVID anyway.

Why? because COVID does not care.

Grow up.
A particular case
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 01:54 PM   #1498
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,954
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
I don't know if you notice but the Covid 19 hits poorest, richer are not really affected by the virus. People eating garbage food, not taking care of their hygiene, fat people, not eating food supplements, not making exercise, can't afford to take care of their health, the traditional poor. Solution, provide what the rich have by abolish money.
You don't need to be rich to take care of your hygiene. Or to exercise. or eat a balanced diet. Quit trying to control people.

Also, that is not how viruses spread.

Taking away something from one group of people doesn't make it instantly available to another.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 01:59 PM   #1499
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 26,761
It does appear that Covid strikes poor people, and especially some sectors of the population, differently, but unless you can say with some authority why, all you have is an observation.

The way you put it is ambiguous, because of course "affected by the virus" means different things, depending on whether you're speaking about the likelihood of getting it or the likelihood of effect if you do get it.

It's early days yet, too, and a lot depends on the way things spread. Baseball players, for example, are generally not at all poor.

If it is the possession of money that helps keep rich people from getting infected, taking away the money might equalize things, but in the wrong direction. Making everyone poorer and sicker is not a step forward.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 06:59 AM   #1500
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,631
Joe Biden, Obama and other fools of the establishment democrat are in a hurry to be at the white house to make money and steal the country. However Trump and his friends do the same.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 07:44 AM   #1501
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,771
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Joe Biden, Obama and other fools of the establishment democrat are in a hurry to be at the white house to make money and steal the country. However Trump and his friends do the same.
The white house and/or the government in general don't own the country. The country literally owns them. Also you can not steal what it is you are given by legislative and elective mandate.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 09:45 AM   #1502
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,954
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
The white house and/or the government in general don't own the country. The country literally owns them. Also you can not steal what it is you are given by legislative and elective mandate.
If Trump stole it, wouldn't Biden be stealing it back. Did Trump steal it from Obama? And so on, down to George Washington.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 10:44 AM   #1503
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,771
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
If Trump stole it, wouldn't Biden be stealing it back. Did Trump steal it from Obama? And so on, down to George Washington.
Sure, but by that measure anything given as a result of perhaps simply deception or even just subtle coercion would be considered stolen. Hence, Gaetan's whole 'gift' economy becomes a theft economy as it relies on coercing people to work through the potentially false premise (since by his own assertions it is emphatically not even a promise) that they might just eventually perhaps get, well, something (depending on everyone else's mood) for it.

Funny that he considers such electoral and governmental processes as stealing yet evidently can't even fathom that not equitably compensating someone for their work is stealing their work.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 11:02 AM   #1504
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,954
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Funny that he considers such electoral and governmental processes as stealing yet evidently can't even fathom that not equitably compensating someone for their work is stealing their work.
Well, that is because the concept of ownership, and perhaps stewardship, goes into the waste bin. Also, since his compensation is "everything you want and more" which magically get's generated, who knows. Just call down to the slave center, send over more slaves. Shortage solved!
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 12:50 PM   #1505
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,771
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Well, that is because the concept of ownership, and perhaps stewardship, goes into the waste bin. Also, since his compensation is "everything you want and more" which magically get's generated, who knows. Just call down to the slave center, send over more slaves. Shortage solved!
Fundamentally the gist of it, he apparently thinks the solution to any problem is just to throw laborers at it.


It isn't even a matter of simple logistics, scheduling or timing in some cases after a certain point more workers just get in each others way. Take a 2 man hour job, one person for two hours and done. Two people for one hour and done. Put three people on and 2/3 of an hour? Perhaps not, if the work can't be distributed according. Could be still 1 hour if the third person does nothing or worse if they get in the way of the other two.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 04:18 PM   #1506
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 26,761
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Fundamentally the gist of it, he apparently thinks the solution to any problem is just to throw laborers at it.


It isn't even a matter of simple logistics, scheduling or timing in some cases after a certain point more workers just get in each others way. Take a 2 man hour job, one person for two hours and done. Two people for one hour and done. Put three people on and 2/3 of an hour? Perhaps not, if the work can't be distributed according. Could be still 1 hour if the third person does nothing or worse if they get in the way of the other two.
I'm reminded of Ambrose Bierce's examination of logic, in which he asserts that because sixty men can do work sixty times faster than one man, it follows that if one man can dig a posthole in 60 seconds, 60 men can dig a posthole in one second.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 05:47 PM   #1507
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,631
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Fundamentally the gist of it.
Is this has something to do with poltergeist.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 06:07 PM   #1508
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,764
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
And since humans are greedy, would money not come back pretty fast?
Oh no. Gaetan keeps his money. Everyone else has to give theirs away.

Somehow I knew we would end up here.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 11:03 PM   #1509
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 26,761
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Is this has something to do with poltergeist.
No, The Man is writing in English.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2020, 06:36 AM   #1510
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,954
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I'm reminded of Ambrose Bierce's examination of logic, in which he asserts that because sixty men can do work sixty times faster than one man, it follows that if one man can dig a posthole in 60 seconds, 60 men can dig a posthole in one second.
It's also flawed by thinking all work is the same, a flaw Gaetan embraces. That you can take a person off the street and they have the knowledge and skill to perform a task without training. Just call the slave market, they are all the same. I need a fence repaired, maybe. I need a car fixed, nope.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2020, 06:42 AM   #1511
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,954
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Is this has something to do with poltergeist.
If you are trying to make a joke, it's capped in the head when you butcher the grammar. "Is this has..." will never be correct. "Is this " or "Has this" would be correct.

Do you not see the second E in poltergeist? Do you not know that if you don't know what a word means, you can look it up? Dictionaries are online now.

I know, playing the fool is easier that responding to the post, and advisable when you have absolutely no response. Your mask is slipping when it's done so badly and obviously.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM   #1512
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 37,567
View Poll Results: Are you willing to work for free if the goods and services are free?
Yes 19 35.85%
No 25 47.17%
I don't know 9 16.98%

I strongly suspect that most of the ones who vote no in these polls are the ones who suspect no-one else will work and so they don't vote for their own expected behaviour.
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:07 AM   #1513
EHocking
Philosopher
 
EHocking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,867
Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
View Poll Results: Are you willing to work for free if the goods and services are free?
Yes 19 35.85%
No 25 47.17%
I don't know 9 16.98%

I strongly suspect that most of the ones who vote no in these polls are the ones who suspect no-one else will work and so they don't vote for their own expected behaviour.
I suspect that you have not read the thread if that is your opinion.
It is actually because we worship Satan.
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
That's the religion who made who you are and you are a disciple of Satan, that's why you love money so much.
__________________
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:32 AM   #1514
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 37,567
Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
I suspect that you have not read the thread if that is your opinion.
It is actually because we worship Satan.
I'm in the wrong thread, then.

I don't worship Satan unless I'm trying to wind up the religious/superstitious.

I really worship Universal Basic Income and world peace.
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".

Last edited by Orphia Nay; Today at 02:01 AM.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:54 AM   #1515
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,481
Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
I'm in the wrong thread, then.

I don't worship Satan unless I'm trying to wind up the religious/superstitious.

I really worship Universal Basic Income and world peace.
Ah, yeah, wrong thread then. This is the thread for worshipping unlimited free stuff, in the sure and certain knowledge that it'll keep appearing.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.