ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Clinton controversies , hillary clinton , James Comey , presidential candidates

Old 10th January 2018, 10:14 AM   #3561
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Or it might hint at the barrier that women face when running for election.
Needs more data points.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2018, 06:02 AM   #3562
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

Still no.

https://youtu.be/bGrr4HQkZzI
Old 15th February 2018, 08:41 PM   #3563
Delvo
الشيطان الأبيض

Anybody still want to pretend she's done hurting the party and the cause with her Trump-scale narcissism yet?
Delvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2018, 11:17 PM   #3564
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Delvo View Post
I guess you ignored this part....

Quote:
"If she's willing to go into those districts she won, she would be extraordinarily helpful," former Democratic Representative Steve Israel of New York told The Hill in December. "Trump's numbers have only fallen in those districts, so you start there. It would be such a loss if she sat it out and a double loss if she didn't go into those districts."

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2018, 11:50 PM   #3565
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Delvo View Post
I had to laugh at the phrase "her Trump-scale narcissism." I wonder if future psychiatrists will use the Trump Scale to measure the severity of the disorder.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2018, 01:19 AM   #3566
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
I had to laugh at the phrase "her Trump-scale narcissism." I wonder if future psychiatrists will use the Trump Scale to measure the severity of the disorder.

A Trump Scale, with Trump at the high end, would have to be a logarithmic one. like the moment magnitude scale they use for earthquakes.

Otherwise, the next closest on the scale would be measured in fractions approaching zero.
Old Yesterday, 08:05 AM   #3567
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

The hallmark of a successful politician is not that they lack narcissism, but that they have learned a modicum of discretion.

But whatever. Does this latest news mean that Hillary is done? Or that she's not done? Is she done if she only goes to districts she won last time, and that are probably safe anyway?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #3568
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
The hallmark of a successful politician is not that they lack narcissism, but that they have learned a modicum of discretion.

But whatever. Does this latest news mean that Hillary is done? Or that she's not done? Is she done if she only goes to districts she won last time, and that are probably safe anyway?
Well considering that the article notes that she's going to be working behind the scenes to help and support candidates, that she's not taking an "up front" role, it seems that this would indicate that as far as her own political career, yes, as far as being involved in politics, which has pretty much been her life since she was 16, then no. That makes sense, she's a former 1st lady and in some parts of the country well liked. Her support in those areas would be a great boost to the candidates there just as Laura Bush or Michelle Obama are likely to have some influence in certain areas of the country.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics