ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 8th February 2010, 12:31 PM   #241
JcR
Banned

A pouch for Garlic, can openers, toiletry needs. Would be great for the Bigfoot on this side.

ETA: Could be one hunched down below, on the sign post?

Last edited by JcR; 8th February 2010 at 01:00 PM.
JcR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 01:59 PM   #242
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Originally Posted by JcR View Post

A pouch for Garlic, can openers, toiletry needs. Would be great for the Bigfoot on this side.

ETA: Could be one hunched down below, on the sign post?

I'm amazed at how quickly people are able to pick up even the advanced techniques of Yowie research, although I don't know how much of our work will be publised by the suppressives in that 'other' scientifical community.

You know, the one with actual scientists and stuff.

Poor NW tried so hard to get us to take the whole thing seriously, but it was just never going to happen.

I even tried to do it for a while, but you just can't. It's like trying to build an aircraft according to the design of a cargo cult and expecting to investigate its flight characteristics.

Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon

Last edited by Akhenaten; 8th February 2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Made more stuff up.
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 02:35 PM   #243
JcR
Banned

Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
I'm amazed at how quickly people are able to pick up even the advanced techniques of Yowie research, although I don't know how much of our work will be publised by the suppressives in that 'other' scientifical community.

You know, the one with actual scientists and stuff.

Poor NW tried so hard to get us to take the whole thing seriously, but it was just never going to happen.

I even tried to do it for a while, but you just can't. It's like trying to build an aircraft according to the design of a cargo cult and expecting to investigate its flight characteristics.
I guess this sign would be more appropriate down there. It's on the way "to the other side" in some cargo container. This may fly?
Strap enough boosters to anything and it will... Well it will go somewhere.

Last edited by JcR; 8th February 2010 at 02:48 PM.
JcR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 02:43 PM   #244
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

You must be a rocket surgeon. Cool.

Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 02:50 PM   #245
JcR
Banned

...I had to add the one I messed up. Some neurons split (Critical mass) somewhere upstairs..

This answer your Question if I am a Rocket Surgeon.

Last edited by JcR; 8th February 2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 8th February 2010, 03:02 PM   #246
Night Walker
Thinker

It doesn't bother me that you don't take it seriously. I acknowledge that there is no evidence other than what is misidentified, misrepresented, and fabricated so, obviously, it cannot really be argued otherwise. I'm not sure how seriously I take it but even the ongoing fakery and storytelling is interesting from a sociological point of view at the very least.

This year I will be starting a review called "The Naked Yowie Project" which aims to examine the yowie phenomenon as it is - fictions, fabrications, and all. I need people to investigate new alleged sightings in their area (Is there an area of bush along the east coast that doesn't claim any yowie sightings?) which, if the 2009 yowie stories in the media are any guide, will be more of an exercise in debunking. Debunking is important yet is an often neglected exercise. I would value any contributions which are accurate and honest.

It won't involve much of your time, will be providing a valuable database for current and future generations, and will be a bit fun. Will any here use their skills and knowledge for this interesting project?
Night Walker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 05:41 PM   #247
Laton
Critical Thinker

Night Walker,

I posted this in another bigfoot thread here on JREF but it may be of use to you:

Quote:
One I haven't seen mentioned is the idea that an experienced hunter wouldn't mistake another animal (say a bear) for a Bigfoot.

My experience:

About 10 years ago we were shooting on a property about 70km south of Canberra, now this particular farm was one that we had been camping/hunting on for nearly 20 years (I was 26 at the time), usually doing four, week-long trips a year out to it, so I knew the place extremely well.

On Sunday afternoon we had been walking along a boundary fence and spotted a few feral pigs in the crop paddock, but because of the direction the wind was blowing were unable to get into position to take a shot before they got our scent and took off into the bush that surrounded two sides of the farm.

I decided that the next day I would take head over to the same area before noon to get into a good position in case the pigs came back. The walk was about 3km and to get there I had to go over a low hill.

The hill itself was covered in sparse eucalyptus forest with some boulders and waist-high scrub near the top. It was a fine spring day, with an occasional light breeze.

About 30 meters from the top of the hill I glanced up at the boulders and froze - there looking back at me over the top of them was what I could only describe as a hair covered human face, probably about 7 or 8 feet off the ground .

At this point I'll pause and note that I'd always had a bit of a (skeptical) interest in Bigfoot and the Yeti, and knew about the Australian version: the Yowie and a few books in my library reported historical sightings in the Canberra region.

My first thought, apart from "Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" , was "bloody hell, Yowies are real!" and seriously considered heading back the way I'd come at a high rate of knots.

Now if I had done that & told someone, the report would, I'm sure, have eventually been told as an experience hunter sighting a large hairy primate at close range and under good conditions.

What actually happened was I brought my rifle up and took a look through the 'scope (set to x6):

A kangaroo, happily chewing a mouthful of his lunch, looked placidly back at me.

The whole thing was an optical illusion caused by the play of light and shadow on the 'roos head, face and chest, combined with the viewing angle, backdrop and the 'roo standing on a rock ledge that I couldn't see from my vantage point making seem a lot taller than it was. A bit of background knowledge on yowies/bigfoot and some imagination did the rest

So there you go, someone with hunting experience over a large part of eastern Australia, who has seen kangaroos under all sorts of conditions mistaking one of the critters* for an 8 foot tall humanoid .

I'd say misidentifying a bear would be pretty easy.

*I still claim in my defense that it was a rather large kangaroo
Laton is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 05:44 PM   #248
Hallo Alfie
Banned

I deal with alcoholics day in an day out. I can smell BS from 50 miles.
I would love to interrogate help out if convenient.
Hallo Alfie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 05:46 PM   #249
Hallo Alfie
Banned

Originally Posted by Laton View Post
Night Walker,

I posted this in another bigfoot thread here on JREF but it may be of use to you:
What did the yowie taste like?
Hallo Alfie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 07:11 PM   #250
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Originally Posted by JcR View Post
...I had to add the one I messed up. Some neurons split (Critical mass) somewhere upstairs..

This answer your Question if I am a Rocket Surgeon.

I see. You are, in fact, a Melbourne taxi driver, or at least have a similar sense of direction.

Old 8th February 2010, 07:14 PM   #251
Laton
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by A.A.Alfie View Post
What did the yowie taste like?
In this case: crow (usually it's chicken)
Laton is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 07:36 PM   #252
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Night Walker View Post
It won't involve much of your time, will be providing a valuable database for current and future generations, and will be a bit fun. Will any here use their skills and knowledge for this interesting project?
I am afraid that my age and current level of health (and location) precludes me from helping first hand, other than following up on newspaper reports and on-line reports through well, subsequent newspaper, on-line, library research (comparitive research) and doing a bit of google searching for any further information on the parties involved.

Which given your interest in the subject, would be far less comprehensive than you are capable of. I will follow up, as far as I can, and offer a sceptical view on any "specific" evidence which appears to be less than kosher, or smells of being made up.

But if you (or anybody else) finds a Yowie (or even a Panther in the Otways), I will sit in the Peanut Gallary and applaud the find.

Norm.

Last edited by fromdownunder; 8th February 2010 at 07:39 PM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 07:38 PM   #253
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

It doesn't bother me that you don't take it seriously. I acknowledge that there is no evidence other than what is misidentified, misrepresented, and fabricated so, obviously, it cannot really be argued otherwise. I'm not sure how seriously I take it but even the ongoing fakery and storytelling is interesting from a sociological point of view at the very least.

Absolutely. I think what we've been doing here, apart from being great fun, is pretty much looking at those aspects of the Yowie phenomenon.

This year I will be starting a review called "The Naked Yowie Project" which aims to examine the yowie phenomenon as it is - fictions, fabrications, and all. I need people to investigate new alleged sightings in their area (Is there an area of bush along the east coast that doesn't claim any yowie sightings?) which, if the 2009 yowie stories in the media are any guide, will be more of an exercise in debunking. Debunking is important yet is an often neglected exercise. I would value any contributions which are accurate and honest.

You do know where you are, don't you? The debunking is the only bit we do here.

Accurate and honest? I suppose I could give it a try, but making stuff up is more my style. I like a challenge though.

It won't involve much of your time,

Debunking Yowie stories doesn't usually take much of anyone's time. It's, like, really easy.

. . . will be providing a valuable database for current and future generations, and will be a bit fun. Will any here use their skills and knowledge for this interesting project?

I'm in.

You've lucked out a bit though, because the three Professors of Yowology that I'm aware of are all in the Melbourne area. I can cover the Victorian Alps though and most of Northern Victoria, and I'm about due for a holiday at my Mum's place too, so I could cover her area. Are there many reports from suburban Sydney?

Old 8th February 2010, 07:46 PM   #254
Hallo Alfie
Banned

I'm in.

You've lucked out a bit though, because the three Professors of Yowology that I'm aware of are all in the Melbourne area. I can cover the Victorian Alps though and most of Northern Victoria, and I'm about due for a holiday at my Mum's place too, so I could cover her area. Are there many reports from suburban Sydney?
I'm happy to travel, time permitting.
I only fly business class. I will send my bank account details to NW when the time comes.
Old 8th February 2010, 08:04 PM   #255
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Absolutely. I think what we've been doing here, apart from being great fun, is pretty much looking at those aspects of the Yowie phenomenon.
I say we can do both at the same time - we have this thread as evidence.

Quote:
I can cover the Victorian Alps
Hey, we want a Yowie, not a Yeti. Or will you do it in the Summer? Or perhaps you are going to investigate the Migrating Yowie phemonenon?

But putting it this way, I am quite happy to cover the Yoo Yangs.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 8th February 2010 at 08:07 PM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 08:22 PM   #256
Lucian
Illuminator

Night Walker,

Hasn't this thread established that Yowies are bipedal marsupial hominids that make revolting use of their pouches? I say, go ahead and claim your large kangaroo as Yowie. Ooh, maybe it's a strange hybrid: a kangayowie or a yowaroo!
Lucian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 08:51 PM   #257
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Night Walker,

Another bigfoot thread? Mate, this ain't no steenkin' bigfoot thread. Everyone here is polite, rational, and actually learning something.

Nothing like a bigfoot thread.

In this case: crow (usually it's chicken)

Old 8th February 2010, 09:44 PM   #258
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Originally Posted by A.A.Alfie View Post
I'm happy to travel, time permitting.
I only fly business class. I will send my bank account details to NW when the time comes.

Oh wait. I've just remembered some recent reports of a herd of Yowies at Cable Beach, and another at Port Douglas, as well as some sightings of marine Yowies at Lord Howe and Hamilton Islands. I'm happy to spend a month in each of these locations collecting . . . umm . . . well, just collecting, really.

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
I say we can do both at the same time - we have this thread as evidence.

Indeed.

In fact, this thread is evidence of many things, some of which even relate to Yowies.

Hey, we want a Yowie, not a Yeti. Or will you do it in the Summer? Or perhaps you are going to investigate the Migrating Yowie phemonenon?

Many are the tales of the foolhardy who scoffed at tales of the fearsome Snow Yetis which guard the high mountain passes. Uncaringly they set off from their lodges and chalets in the morning, never to be seen again until happy hour.

But putting it this way, I am quite happy to cover the Yoo Yangs.

Norm

The Yoo Ya . . . oh, right . . . yeah, the Yoo Yangs.

I have indeed heard many strange stories originating in this area

Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
Hasn't this thread established that Yowies are bipedal marsupial hominids that make revolting use of their pouches? I say, go ahead and claim your large kangaroo as Yowie. Ooh, maybe it's a strange hybrid: a kangayowie or a yowaroo!

You'd make a great Australian. Hop on over.

Last edited by Akhenaten; 8th February 2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 8th February 2010, 10:12 PM   #259
fromdownunder
Philosopher

The Yoo Ya . . . oh, right . . . yeah, the Yoo Yangs.

I have indeed heard many strange stories originating in this area
Jeez, a guy can't even get away with a typo these days. Good meals though, week day $9.90 specials for lunch, and a TAB and Pokies...

The Sporting Club is better...

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 8th February 2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 8th February 2010, 10:55 PM   #260
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Jeez, a guy can't even get away with a typo these days. Good meals though, week day $9.90 specials for lunch, and a TAB and Pokies...

Ya drongo, you weren't supposed to admit the typo. I was trying to give you an out by saying that it was a play on the word 'Yowie'.

It was weak, but sustainable with enough bravado to back it up.

The Sporting Club is better...

Norm

Well, you know what people here say about assertions like that, don't you?

Evidence?

I offer to help collect some.

Last edited by Akhenaten; 8th February 2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:10 PM   #261
Lucian
Illuminator

You'd make a great Australian. Hop on over.
I'm not sure, but I think that might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.
Lucian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 11:24 PM   #262
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Well, you know what people here say about assertions like that, don't you?

Evidence?

I offer to help collect some.
You don't need to collect it personally - Pots are 10 cents cheaper at the Club, (20 cents for members), more Pokies than the Pub, cheaper meals ($5.00 - $8.00 lunches, but that is a subjective judgement as to quality, content, and quantity, so don't hold me to that one - I woudn't)

Oh, and weekly Yowie searches around the Ovals and local High School. (None found to date)

But, so far, no school girls have vanshed by going on a Picnic to the You Yangs, so maybe we need a new legend about a rock which is further away, and we Lararians can go back to sleep.

Uuummm... what was the topic again?

Norm
Old 8th February 2010, 11:45 PM   #263
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
I'm not sure, but I think that might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.

Travelling in a fried-out combie
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said,

"Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscle
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said,

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder

(Yeahhh!)

Old 8th February 2010, 11:48 PM   #264
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Uuummm... what was the topic again?

Norm

Buggered if I know, Mate. Australia again, I think.

Old 8th February 2010, 11:49 PM   #265
Marduk
Banned

I'm Jake the Peg, diddle-iddle-iddle-um
With my extra leg, diddle-iddle-iddle-um
Wherever I go through rain and snow
The people always let me know
There's Jake the peg, diddle-iddle-iddle-um
With his extra leg, diddle-iddle-iddle

Marduk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 11:52 PM   #266
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder

(Yeahhh!)

So I'm thinkin' to myself, "Well now that I've posted that, they're prolly all wondering what it sounds like.

This:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Old 9th February 2010, 05:33 AM   #267
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

We know what chunder sounds like...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2010, 06:23 PM   #268
JcR
Banned

I see. You are, in fact, a Melbourne taxi driver, or at least have a similar sense of direction.
Do Yowies tip well? I'm thinking about moving.
I can talk up one heck of a storm, with a cheap Yowie cluttering up my back seat.
Old 11th February 2010, 02:17 AM   #269
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

They tip exremely well, but the trouble is that they keep their money in their pouches.

Gives 'filthy lucre' a whole new meaning.

On the upside, Yowies have an extraordinary sense of direction, so you won't need to use the Melways when you're taking them up to Healesville for lunch.

mmm . . . Platypus.

Old 11th February 2010, 08:58 AM   #270
JcR
Banned

From above...I mean the other side, down from ya. Bobbers for Bigfoot

I'd rather be with the kootenay, cutthroat, mayflies and creeks
sinkn' the nymph or drag free drifting
rainbows and bulls sliding by my knees
The little cutty up beyond
hides from more than elk in the stream
...the darker woods, tells of leprechauns
stumps and hairy trees
Its more remote further up with the dark nook brooks
chilcutt trout buzzin like the bees
I hear their tales, loud as sinkn' nails
brush piles and spooky dreams
...So I must be gone up the river with a hope
that the green stoneflies keep the bigfoots away from me
Old 11th February 2010, 10:59 AM   #271
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

The picture reminds me of Creekfreak.

I don't understand a word of the text.

Old 11th February 2010, 12:05 PM   #272
JcR
Banned

The picture reminds me of Creekfreak.

I don't understand a word of the text.

I had fun making that fishing bobber. Quick and easy
Old 11th February 2010, 12:52 PM   #273
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Jeebus, is that what it is?

If that's the size of the bobbers you use, you would doubtless admire an Australian fishy that I've been in awe of almost forever, the fearsome Saratoga.

I find your bass to be equally awesome, and I imagine you've fought it out with a few of those big boys.

I'm not an angler of any note, just a lover of looking at fish, although I've managed to catch a few particularly stupid Barra over the years. They all went back in the drink when I was finished annoying them.

ETA: Professor Alfie is a fisherperson.

Last edited by Akhenaten; 11th February 2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11th February 2010, 05:41 PM   #274
JcR
Banned

The cutty's would have nothing to do with such a monstrosity like my bobber.
A bushy fly or Cinnamon Ant presented nicely to the bugger might draw it out from a slow eddy.
...might work.

Though that "chilcutt trout" ain't scared of the ridiculous, or an easy meal.

I might just cut off the line with the baited hook, just watch my bobber float. So pretty to look at.

Last edited by JcR; 11th February 2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 13th February 2010, 05:53 PM   #275
Night Walker
Thinker

Laton - thanks for that account. I'm quite sure that misidentification/misrepresentation/tricks-of-the-light has a role in some alleged yowie sightings though not as much as deliberate misidentification (i.e. exaggeration, storytelling).

Below are some images drawn by Pixie Byrnes (another researcher conveniently without a camera) from Gary Opit's self-published (2009) "Australian Cryptozoology":

Captions:

Humpty is a black-haired young male yowie that set up his territory some years ago. He was observed for the first time, for several minutes from 25 metres away at 9.30 am, on 10 March 2008 in northeastern NSW.

Nomad is a playful young male yowie who likes to thump his chest. He weighs approximately 90kg, stands 1.8 metres high and lives with his social group in southeastern Queensland.

Rhama is a dominant old male yowie, with his large canines visible. He has held the same territory in southeast Queensland for many years.

Below are some alleged “yowie footprints” taken by the same :researcher“ (with nothing to indicate scale):

If I stare at the patterned carpet in my room long enough I can identify a different face each time I do so. I believe that the images above involve little more than purposeful misrepresentation - a case of seeing what they want to believe is there. The footprints are clearly that of a human(s).

Comments?

__________________________________________________ ___

Okay - as for the Naked Yowie Project we have the following offering assistance:

A.A.Alfie, Akhenaten (Victorian Alps though and most of Northern Victoria)

fromdownunder - following up on newspaper reports and on-line reports through well, subsequent newspaper, on-line, library research (comparitive research) and doing a bit of google searching for any further information on the parties involved.

Congratulations - you have now passed cryptozoology’s stringent standards and may now refer to yourselves as JREF‘s resident “yowie researchers”.

Which area can you cover, A.A.Alfie?

Are there any others who are interested in helping out?

I’ll send you guys a PM shortly detailing what I hope can be achieved or I could simply post it here on the forum for transparency. I’m new to this so it will be an evolving work-in-progress until we are able to get some systematic procedures in place. As long as we are able to provide as much detail as possible then we are on the right track.
Night Walker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2010, 06:07 PM   #276
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

I'll have a lookie at this stuff later on today and write you a proper response. I'm actually looking forward to having a read of that because it looks like a hoot. Yowies have names now? Geeze Louise, someone is either a complete fruitcake or havin' a lend, I reckon. Anyway, in a while, crocodile. Nap time for me.

Just wanted to let you know you're not being ignored.

Cheers Mate,

Dave

Old 13th February 2010, 06:28 PM   #277
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Below are some images drawn by Pixie Byrnes (another researcher conveniently without a camera) from Gary Opit's self-published (2009) "Australian Cryptozoology":

Comments?
I think you have already said all that needs to be said about this one.

Norm
Old 13th February 2010, 07:57 PM   #278
GT/CS
Illuminator

I'll have a lookie at this stuff later on today and write you a proper response. I'm actually looking forward to having a read of that because it looks like a hoot. Yowies have names now? Geeze Louise, someone is either a complete fruitcake or havin' a lend, I reckon. Anyway, in a while, crocodile. Nap time for me.

Just wanted to let you know you're not being ignored.

Cheers Mate,

Dave
havin' a lend????

What the heck is that?

ETA: Never mind. I found it.
You Egyptian Australians sure talk funny!

Last edited by GT/CS; 13th February 2010 at 07:59 PM.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2010, 09:04 PM   #279
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
havin' a lend????

What the heck is that?

"We come from the land downunder
But still get sued for copyright plunder"

- paraphrased from Men At Work, and a certain Kookaburra who had a love affair with Gum Trees.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 13th February 2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 14th February 2010, 12:50 AM   #280
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
havin' a lend????

What the heck is that?

Pull the other one, it plays Jingle Bells.

"We come from the land downunder
But still get sued for copyright plunder"

- paraphrased from Men At Work, and a certain Kookaburra who had a love affair with Gum Trees.

Norm

How bloody stupid is that business, eh?

Dave:
"Do you know how to save a lawyer from drowning?"
Other Person:
"No."
Dave:
"Cool."

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal