ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , internet incidents , Trump controversies , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Reply
Old 30th December 2016, 11:04 AM   #121
logger
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,723
Once again Obama has been out maneuvered by Putin. It seems the intelligence community has been begging him to do this and with three weeks to go he finds his balls. This is just more confirmation of the complete incompetence of Barack Hussein Obama. Good job leftist! It makes your defeat all the more SWEETER!!!!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 11:13 AM   #122
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 19,117
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 11:22 AM   #123
foophil
Graduate Poster
 
foophil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 1,154
I'm so confused. What is the right's stance on this issue again? I am getting whiplash on whether they think:

A) It is totally fabricated and a plot completely made up by Obama/Hillary/<insert name here>.

B) Real, but not an issue because what Russia uncovered was stuff only bad for the Democrats.

C) Real, and should have been dealt with long ago by Obama via the route he is only just now taking.

D) Planet X or something else I've missed.
foophil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 11:37 AM   #124
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 19,117
Originally Posted by foophil View Post
I'm so confused. What is the right's stance on this issue again? I am getting whiplash on whether they think
They don't think.
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 12:09 PM   #125
applecorped
Rotten to the Core
 
applecorped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,645
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Ah, gotcha. This is Yet Another Very Concerned About Trump thread.
Woo woo
__________________
All You Need Is Love.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 12:14 PM   #126
applecorped
Rotten to the Core
 
applecorped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,645
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Nope. Nothing to see here.

Just rambling, incoherent statements from me, that's all. Nothing corroborated.

Then you should stop doing that
__________________
All You Need Is Love.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 12:34 PM   #127
sunmaster14
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 8,875
Originally Posted by foophil View Post
I'm so confused. What is the right's stance on this issue again? I am getting whiplash on whether they think:

A) It is totally fabricated and a plot completely made up by Obama/Hillary/<insert name here>.

B) Real, but not an issue because what Russia uncovered was stuff only bad for the Democrats.

C) Real, and should have been dealt with long ago by Obama via the route he is only just now taking.

D) Planet X or something else I've missed.
My answer is D - something you've missed. It is to be expected that Russia would do something like this (just as we do it to them), and the solution is not to punish Russia for doing it. The solution is to improve computer security. Countries spy on each other. Spying is simply not outside the bounds of normal activity. I suppose we have a right to get angry at an ally for doing it, but to get angry at an adversary is pointless.
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 01:17 PM   #128
foophil
Graduate Poster
 
foophil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 1,154
Okay, Thanks. I'm adding that one then as it is probably the most reasonable of the arguments (though I don't 100% agree with it):

A) It is totally fabricated and a plot completely made up by Obama/Hillary/<insert name here>.

B) Real, but not an issue because what Russia uncovered was stuff only bad for the Democrats.

C) Real, but not something we should retaliate over because we (allegedly?) have hacked into Russia's systems in order to interfere with their elections, and so it is expected for them to do it to us in return. We should have better security in place (Obama's fault maybe?) and aren't supposed to ever punish anyone who does this to us. Perfectly acceptable if they try and succeed or fail.

D) Real, and should have been dealt with long ago by Obama via the route he is only just now taking.

E) Planet X or something else I've missed.
foophil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 01:50 PM   #129
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,598
foophil, do you remember how the shillaries told us before the election that no harm was done by Killary's cowboy server because nobody hacked it, ignoring all evidence to the contrary? Well, now all this stuff is lumped together but there are separate "issues". Clinton's cowboy server was likely hacked by everybody but you and me, including Guccifer 1 and 2, while the mails were mostly released by .. the FBI.

The DNC and Podesta mails (two separate data sets) are for all we know not results of hacks, but of leaks. The DNC stuff comes from an insider in the DNC, and the Podesta stuff comes from someone in the intelligence community where Podesta was monitored for (if nothing else) his Saudi "lobbyism". Listen to the interview with Murray.

The "evidence" that is channeled from anonymous CIA sources to the parrot media up to the sad clown Obama doesn't convince anybody who has any idea about computer security. So even if your new C) would be a good argument, the answer is A) and everybody outside the Washington propaganda bubble knows it. Hence the open mockery.
__________________
The World is "Fake News"

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 30th December 2016 at 01:52 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 02:03 PM   #130
RobLister
New Blood
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
foophil, do you remember how the shillaries told us before the election that no harm was done by Killary's cowboy server because nobody hacked it, ignoring all evidence to the contrary? Well, now all this stuff is lumped together but there are separate "issues". Clinton's cowboy server was likely hacked by everybody but you and me, including Guccifer 1 and 2, while the mails were mostly released by .. the FBI.

The DNC and Podesta mails (two separate data sets) are for all we know not results of hacks, but of leaks. The DNC stuff comes from an insider in the DNC, and the Podesta stuff comes from someone in the intelligence community where Podesta was monitored for (if nothing else) his Saudi "lobbyism". Listen to the interview with Murray.

The "evidence" that is channeled from anonymous CIA sources to the parrot media up to the sad clown Obama doesn't convince anybody who has any idea about computer security. So even if your new C) would be a good argument, the answer is A) and everybody outside the Washington propaganda bubble knows it. Hence the open mockery.
RobLister is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 02:25 PM   #131
foophil
Graduate Poster
 
foophil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 1,154
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
foophil, do you remember how the shillaries told us before the election that no harm was done by Killary's cowboy server because nobody hacked it, ignoring all evidence to the contrary? Well, now all this stuff is lumped together but there are separate "issues". Clinton's cowboy server was likely hacked by everybody but you and me, including Guccifer 1 and 2, while the mails were mostly released by .. the FBI.

The DNC and Podesta mails (two separate data sets) are for all we know not results of hacks, but of leaks. The DNC stuff comes from an insider in the DNC, and the Podesta stuff comes from someone in the intelligence community where Podesta was monitored for (if nothing else) his Saudi "lobbyism". Listen to the interview with Murray.

The "evidence" that is channeled from anonymous CIA sources to the parrot media up to the sad clown Obama doesn't convince anybody who has any idea about computer security. So even if your new C) would be a good argument, the answer is A) and everybody outside the Washington propaganda bubble knows it. Hence the open mockery.

I'm really not into conspiracy theories, but thanks anyways.
foophil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 02:49 PM   #132
RobLister
New Blood
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by foophil View Post
I'm really not into conspiracy theories, but thanks anyways.
ironic reply of the year. you snuck right in there.
RobLister is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 02:49 PM   #133
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,598
Originally Posted by foophil View Post
I'm really not into conspiracy theories, but thanks anyways.

Lamest possible response. "Respect".

So is it over now or does the clown Obama plan for more rounds?

__________________
The World is "Fake News"
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 03:21 PM   #134
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,598
I think these freaks at CIA and State etc have all watched The Apprentice and dream daily about that "You're fired" thing.

__________________
The World is "Fake News"
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 05:45 PM   #135
The_Animus
Master Poster
 
The_Animus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,344
Originally Posted by foophil View Post
I'm so confused. What is the right's stance on this issue again? I am getting whiplash on whether they think:

B) Real, but not an issue because what Russia uncovered was stuff only bad for the Democrats. revealed is accurate information that voters should have had anyway.
I'm on the far left, but my take is the revised option B)

Also our government has done far worse than reveal accurate information in its numerous and sometimes successful attempts to influence foreign elections or outright overthrow foreign governments.While it's perfectly understandable that we don't want foreign interference, it's also absolutely hypocritical.

I don't care at all when relevant information regarding the candidates or parties is revealed regardless of who reveals it. I don't like that they didn't also reveal information they had about the other side but I'll still take some information over none.

Further this isn't really all that different from when partisans inside government organizations, such as the house or the FBI, leak damaging information that wouldn't normally be revealed to a press contact.

Regarding whether it was Russia or not, I have no idea, and neither do any of you. It's entirely an appeal to authority. That authority is anonymous sources within the FBI and CIA. Have any of you looked at the Joint Report that supposedly provides concrete evidence it was Russia? As far as I can see it does nothing of the sort.
__________________
Straw Man, Ad Hominem, Moving the Goalposts, and a massive post count are all good indicators that a poster is intellectually dishonest and not interested in real discussion.

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 07:08 PM   #136
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing
 
tyr_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 14,561
Originally Posted by RobLister View Post
ironic reply of the year. you snuck right in there.
Her assertions lack evidence. Hillary's server wasn't the source of any of this, so it's a red herring. The actual evidence was listed back in this thread, and it all indicates that Russia did exactly what they are accused of. New evidence could change that assessment, but assertions from the fascist fans are not that evidence.

Putin has gained from this, but he's still in a mid-term world of pain, and not from anything the US has to do. His economy will soon be in ruin from his own choices, and if his military adventurism goes much further, the rest of Europe will be source of his downfall. They don't need him. If his cyber attacks go onto Germany and France, it doesn't matter if the US won't lead because Trump likes fellow thieves.

The Putin fans are in the same place as the older GOP people are right now. Some power right now, but foretelling the fall.
__________________
Circled nothing is still nothing.
"Nothing will stop the U.S. from being a world leader, not even a handful of adults who want their kids to take science lessons from a book that mentions unicorns six times." -UNLoVedRebel
Mumpsimus: a stubborn person who insists on making an error in spite of being shown that it is wrong
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 07:25 PM   #137
logger
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,723
Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post

The Putin fans are in the same place as the older GOP people are right now. Some power right now, but foretelling the fall.
Pure fantasy!

Putins power has never changed. The GOP has gained more power for Several election cycles. Did you miss foretelling the lefts fall.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2016, 07:33 PM   #138
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,134
Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
I'm on the far left, but my take is the revised option B)

Also our government has done far worse than reveal accurate information in its numerous and sometimes successful attempts to influence foreign elections or outright overthrow foreign governments.While it's perfectly understandable that we don't want foreign interference, it's also absolutely hypocritical.

I don't care at all when relevant information regarding the candidates or parties is revealed regardless of who reveals it. I don't like that they didn't also reveal information they had about the other side but I'll still take some information over none.

Further this isn't really all that different from when partisans inside government organizations, such as the house or the FBI, leak damaging information that wouldn't normally be revealed to a press contact.

Regarding whether it was Russia or not, I have no idea, and neither do any of you. It's entirely an appeal to authority. That authority is anonymous sources within the FBI and CIA. Have any of you looked at the Joint Report that supposedly provides concrete evidence it was Russia? As far as I can see it does nothing of the sort.
I agree. Nothing unfair happened to Clinton.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 06:11 AM   #139
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 19,117
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Pure fantasy!

Putins power has never changed. The GOP has gained more power for Several election cycles. Did you miss foretelling the lefts fall.
And Americans have gotten progressively more stupid.

Hmm... I wonder if there's a correlation between the rise of stupidity and conservative success?
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 06:38 AM   #140
applecorped
Rotten to the Core
 
applecorped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,645
No path to 270!
__________________
All You Need Is Love.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 06:57 AM   #141
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 19,117
http://www.nbcboston.com/news/nation...408886385.html
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 08:02 AM   #142
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,598
Here's a polite summary of some reactions to the "evidence" presented in that "report". Conclusion (implicit): It's written to fool gullible, clueless people.

Originally Posted by Dan Goodin, Ars Technica
[...] The sloppiness, Lee noted, included the report's conflation of Russian hacking groups APT28 and APT29—also known as CozyBear, Sandworm, Sednit, and Sofacy, among others—with malware names such as BlackEnergy and Havex, and even hacking capabilities such as "Powershell Backdoor." The mix up of such basic classifications does little to inspire confidence that the report was carefully or methodically prepared. And that only sows more reasons for President elect Donald Trump and his supporters to cast doubt on the intelligence community's analysis on a matter that, if true, poses a major national security threat. [...]
__________________
The World is "Fake News"
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 09:13 AM   #143
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 19,117
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Here's a polite summary of some reactions to the "evidence" presented in that "report". Conclusion (implicit): It's written to fool gullible, clueless people.
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 10:05 AM   #144
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,598
McAfee, as usual, is less polite.

Originally Posted by ZeroHedge
In case some of you were duped into believing [the "report"] was evidence that proved Russia hacked the US elections, John McAfee would like to remind you that you're probably a high tier retard and would believe virtually anything your government told you.
__________________
The World is "Fake News"
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 10:10 AM   #145
logger
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,723
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
And Americans have gotten progressively more stupid.

Hmm... I wonder if there's a correlation between the rise of stupidity and conservative success?
Pure fantasy again, your side clearly has the dirt poor vote, the Kardashian vote and a host of cobbled together moron groups. Look what it has gotten you, DEFEAT!!! Lol
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 10:39 AM   #146
WilliamSeger
Graduate Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,459
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Here's a polite summary of some reactions to the "evidence" presented in that "report". Conclusion (implicit): It's written to fool gullible, clueless people.
Goodin seems to be confused. This is not the report that's supposed to provide the evidence; that will be a classified report to Congress sometime before January 20. This was just a summary of information that was largely already public. The CrowdStrike private analysis of the DNC hacking had more in the way of evidence.

Like most Russian propaganda, your silly cartoon doesn't make much sense. Obama's sanctions have had a crippling effect on the oil revenue Russia badly needs to maintain government operations, and his latest actions have turned over Putin's rock and put both Trump and Putin in a box: His actions cannot be undone without raising even more questions about why Trump and Putin are so fond of each other. Their comments so far simply play into a suspicious narrative, so neither of them is as clever as you seem to think. Given that this is a topic that seems to be of interest even to GOP Congressmen, it just might be the thread that undoes the Trump presidency. If Trump takes any action after the 20th to undo the sanctions and then it's revealed that he has a financial motivation for doing so -- which is almost certainly the case -- we may well see a Republican introduce articles of impeachment out of fear of a voter backlash in 2018 and 2020.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 10:54 AM   #147
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,598
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Goodin seems to be confused.

It "seems" that way because you didn't read the article to the end, or assume others haven't. No surprise given the line of other uninformed/propagandized drivel you managed to include in your post.
__________________
The World is "Fake News"

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 31st December 2016 at 10:56 AM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 11:02 AM   #148
WilliamSeger
Graduate Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,459
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
It "seems" that way because you didn't read the article to the end, or assume others haven't. No surprise given the line of other uninformed/propagandized drivel you managed to include in your post.
You're really great at pretending to have an argument, somewhere, but such never quite materializes out of the fog.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 11:10 AM   #149
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,598
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
You're really great at pretending to have an argument, somewhere, but such never quite materializes out of the fog.

I write for people who actively use their braincells and check things.

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Goodin seems to be confused. This is not the report that's supposed to provide the evidence; that will be a classified report to Congress sometime before January 20. This was just a summary of information that was largely already public.
Originally Posted by Dan Goodin, last paragraph
[...] In fairness, the reticence in both cases is likely justified by the interest in protecting sources and methods used to detect such attacks. And as Lee was quick to note, strong technical evidence is likely to be included in reports to Congress that later may be declassified. Still, it's hard to escape the conclusion that Thursday's Joint Analysis Report provides almost no new evidence to support the Obama Administration's claims Russia attempted to interfere with the US electoral process. Absent something more, the increasingly bitter debate may rage on indefinitely.
__________________
The World is "Fake News"
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 11:22 AM   #150
WilliamSeger
Graduate Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,459
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
I write for people who actively use their braincells and check things.

Originally Posted by Dan Goodin, last paragraph
[...] In fairness, the reticence in both cases is likely justified by the interest in protecting sources and methods used to detect such attacks. And as Lee was quick to note, strong technical evidence is likely to be included in reports to Congress that later may be declassified. Still, it's hard to escape the conclusion that Thursday's Joint Analysis Report provides almost no new evidence to support the Obama Administration's claims Russia attempted to interfere with the US electoral process. Absent something more, the increasingly bitter debate may rage on indefinitely.
LOL, still, it's hard to escape the conclusion that Goodin misunderstood the purpose of the report, since there was never any promise that it would release any new evidence in advance of the classified report. Thanks for proving my point.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 11:33 AM   #151
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,598
__________________
The World is "Fake News"
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 11:47 AM   #152
WilliamSeger
Graduate Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,459
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 12:16 PM   #153
WilliamSeger
Graduate Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,459
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I agree. Nothing unfair happened to Clinton.
So you think it was fair that Trump outright lied about the emails, trying to trump up a "lock her up" case where there was none? Do you think those lies cost her any votes?
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 01:05 PM   #154
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker
 
kookbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,092
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Pure fantasy again, your side clearly has the dirt poor vote, the Kardashian vote and a host of cobbled together moron groups. Look what it has gotten you, DEFEAT!!! Lol
A bunch of 'moron groups' that have resulted in only 1 loss of the popular vote for the Presidency since 1992. Unfortunately, that is now how the count tallies, but it is amusing that majority of the voting public is 'cobbled together moron groups'.
__________________
www.spectrum-scientifics.com <- My store of science toys, instruments and general fun!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 05:54 PM   #155
logger
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,723
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
A bunch of 'moron groups' that have resulted in only 1 loss of the popular vote for the Presidency since 1992. Unfortunately, that is now how the count tallies, but it is amusing that majority of the voting public is 'cobbled together moron groups'.
If Clinton lost the three largest boroughs of New York, she would have lost the popular vote. A bit of perspective for you?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 06:43 AM   #156
Arcade22
Illuminator
 
Arcade22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,330
Quote:
Trump plans to meet with intelligence officials in coming days to learn more about the allegations. He said he wants U.S. officials “to be sure because it’s a pretty serious charge.” He pointed to intelligence failures over the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq before the U.S. invasion, and declared himself an expert in the area.

“I know a lot about hacking,” he said, “and hacking is a very hard thing to prove, so it could be somebody else.”

He added, cryptically, that he also knows “things that other people don’t know. And so they cannot be sure of the situation.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a44_story.html

This denialism is pretty comical if you ask me. It's straight out of the Russian propaganda proofster playbook: bitch and moan about proof yet even when offered proof don't acknowledge it or intentionally avoid it.

There's a big difference between being skeptical and being a Russian propaganda outlet proofster.
__________________
Freedom you all want, you want freedom. Why then do you haggle over a more or less? Freedom can only be the whole of freedom; a piece of freedom is not freedom. You despair of the possibility of obtaining the whole of freedom, freedom from everything - yes, you consider it insanity even to wish this? - Well, then leave off chasing after the phantom, and spend your pains on something better than the - unattainable. - Max Stirner
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 07:20 AM   #157
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,134
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
So you think it was fair that Trump outright lied about the emails, trying to trump up a "lock her up" case where there was none? Do you think those lies cost her any votes?
Yes, I do think that is fair.

It did cost her votes. But since there wasn't actually anything bad in there, those were the votes of idiots. If you depend on the idiot vote to win, you don't deserve to be in office.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 07:47 AM   #158
WilliamSeger
Graduate Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,459
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
If you depend on the idiot vote to win, you don't deserve to be in office.
Exactly my point; we finally agree on something. Unfortunately, impeachment is the only recourse now.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 07:50 AM   #159
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,134
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Exactly my point; we finally agree on something. Unfortunately, impeachment is the only recourse now.
I wouldn't personally support impeachment for non crimes.

I survived the horrible adminstrations of Reagan, bush, Clinton,bush, Obama. I think we will make it.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 07:58 AM   #160
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,598
The Washington Pest gets more ridiculous every day. That's what they want their readers to know (as cited by the fearful Swede):

Originally Posted by Jeff Bezos' blog
He added, cryptically, that he also knows “things that other people don’t know. And so they cannot be sure of the situation.”

Period. That's what readers of RT get to know:

Originally Posted by Propaganda Bullhorn
“I think it’s unfair if we don’t know. It could be somebody else,” Reuters cited Trump as telling media at his Mar-a-Lago estate as he referred to the pinning of the blame for the alleged hacks on Russia.

“I also know things that other people don’t know, so we cannot be sure,” Trump added. “You will find out on Tuesday or Wednesday.”

Easy to locate the Reuters item:

Originally Posted by Reuters
"I think it's unfair if we don't know. It could be somebody else. I also know things that other people don't know so we cannot be sure," Trump said.

Asked what that information included, the Republican President-elect said, "You will find out on Tuesday or Wednesday."

He did not elaborate.

Tee-hee. The miserable propagandists at the WP have their knickers in a bunch.
__________________
The World is "Fake News"
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.