ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , internet incidents , Trump controversies , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Reply
Old 1st January 2017, 08:05 AM   #161
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 9,829
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
The Washington Pest gets more ridiculous every day. That's what they want their readers to know (as cited by the fearful Swede):




Period. That's what readers of RT get to know:




Easy to locate the Reuters item:




Tee-hee. The miserable propagandists at the WP have their knickers in a bunch.
I'm still waiting for that evidence he has proving those sexual assaults didnnt occur.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:07 AM   #162
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 14,780
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I'm still waiting for that evidence he has proving those sexual assaults didnnt occur.

Why should he? Nobody will sue.
__________________
De-Putin-Nazify America!
...progress updates [1] [2] [3]...
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:09 AM   #163
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 9,829
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Why should he? Nobody will sue.
Because he said he would. Once you say that, the other parties don't matter.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:18 AM   #164
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 14,780
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Because he said he would. Once you say that, the other parties don't matter.

Ok, i'll take you by your word for it, but didn't he also say there are more important things to do first? From the article it seems there is a bit of a sense that if anyone sues, it will be him.

Anyway, looking forward to Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe one of the leakers has turned himself in to the president-elect? That would be fun. Murray thought in the interview that this is a possible development.
__________________
De-Putin-Nazify America!
...progress updates [1] [2] [3]...
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:19 AM   #165
WilliamSeger
Master Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,295
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I wouldn't personally support impeachment for non crimes.

I survived the horrible adminstrations of Reagan, bush, Clinton,bush, Obama. I think we will make it.
On Day 1, Trump's bank account will be growing with pay-to-play money from foreign lobbyists, which is specifically forbidden by the Constitution. This is not a minor technicality, since DJT has never once in his life shown that he puts anything above his own self-interest.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:22 AM   #166
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 9,829
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
On Day 1, Trump's bank account will be growing with pay-to-play money from foreign lobbyists, which is specifically forbidden by the Constitution. This is not a minor technicality, since DJT has never once in his life shown that he puts anything above his own self-interest.
You have no proof.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:27 AM   #167
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 21,138
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I wouldn't personally support impeachment for non crimes.

I survived the horrible adminstrations of Reagan, bush, Clinton,bush, Obama. I think we will make it.
All former or current governors or members of Congress when they took office.

They had constituents to answer to. Trump has never answered to anyone, and he's not going to start now.

(Well, except Putin)

We can't compare the incoming administration with any other in history. This is new ground. A total buffoon in the white house? An actual moron?
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:29 AM   #168
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 9,829
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
All former or current governors or members of Congress when they took office.

They had constituents to answer to. Trump has never answered to anyone, and he's not going to start now.

(Well, except Putin)

We can't compare the incoming administration with any other in history. This is new ground. A total buffoon in the white house? An actual moron?
I don't have much higher opinions of the other 5. It would be a feat to be worse than the others.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:35 AM   #169
Arcade22
Illuminator
 
Arcade22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,189
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Tee-hee. The miserable propagandists at the WP have their knickers in a bunch.
It's really bizarre. You accuse the journalists at the Washington post of being "propagandists" yet you cite a news article from RT, a Russian propaganda operation masking as a news agency and whose sole function is to spread pro-Russian propaganda in western countries.

The mere fact that you cite RT first even above the direct Reuters article renders anything and everything you post suspect since they, and by inference you, have no regards for the truth whatsoever. It's not like you did it out of ignorance, unaware that they are a Russian propaganda outlet.
__________________
Freedom you all want, you want freedom. Why then do you haggle over a more or less? Freedom can only be the whole of freedom; a piece of freedom is not freedom. You despair of the possibility of obtaining the whole of freedom, freedom from everything - yes, you consider it insanity even to wish this? - Well, then leave off chasing after the phantom, and spend your pains on something better than the - unattainable. - Max Stirner
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:35 AM   #170
zorro99
Muse
 
zorro99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 503
“I know a lot about hacking,” he said, “and hacking is a very hard thing to prove, so it could be somebody else.”

He added, cryptically, that he also knows “things that other people don’t know. And so they cannot be sure of the situation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.a87ca691b2c2

Trump knows all about these matters! So Trust him!
__________________
There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact.

Last edited by zorro99; 1st January 2017 at 08:36 AM.
zorro99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:42 AM   #171
WilliamSeger
Master Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,295
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
You have no proof.
Well, a Congressional committee can just subpoena the records from Trump International Hotel for a start. They don't have to prove that lobbyists actually get special treatment for staying there; the fact that their money is going into DJT's bank account is all that's necessary. Of course, impeachment depends on Republicans deciding they want to toss him out, but I think a lot of Trump supporters are being naive about that possibility. I think there's a possibility that they already have a plan in place, because they'd much rather have Pence in office, and hopefully they realize that DJT could live in indelible stench on the Republican Party.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:45 AM   #172
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 9,829
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Well, a Congressional committee can just subpoena the records from Trump International Hotel for a start. They don't have to prove that lobbyists actually get special treatment for staying there; the fact that their money is going into DJT's bank account is all that's necessary. Of course, impeachment depends on Republicans deciding they want to toss him out, but I think a lot of Trump supporters are being naive about that possibility. I think there's a possibility that they already have a plan in place, because they'd much rather have Pence in office, and hopefully they realize that DJT could live in indelible stench on the Republican Party.
They don't have to prove anything for an impeachment.

I'm the one demanding evidence of a reciprocal agreement.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:49 AM   #173
WilliamSeger
Master Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,295
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Tee-hee.
Aw, that's so cute when someone who worships a murderous dictator says "tee-hee."
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 08:54 AM   #174
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 21,138
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I don't have much higher opinions of the other 5. It would be a feat to be worse than the others.
LOL
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 09:05 AM   #175
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 14,780
Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
It's really bizarre. You accuse the journalists at the Washington post of being "propagandists" yet you cite a news article from RT, a Russian propaganda operation masking as a news agency and whose sole function is to spread pro-Russian propaganda in western countries.

The mere fact that you cite RT first even above the direct Reuters article renders anything and everything you post suspect since they, and by inference you, have no regards for the truth whatsoever. It's not like you did it out of ignorance, unaware that they are a Russian propaganda outlet.

You mean because I wrote in my quote that I cited the "Propaganda Bullhorn"? Well spotted, you win five internet points. What I was showing you, and you failed to grasp because you are into deep black and white thinking, is THE FACT that the WP omitted an important information in their article. While RT reported that fact and its source (Reuters) which made it easy to check it. IN THIS CASE, the RT reporting is far better than the WP reporting, and my post outlines that in the strictest way possible (which often includes mocking).

For you, it should be a hint that the prejudices and phobias you sport are way far removed from critical thinking. Take that for 2017, may it improve the lamentable quality of your contributions here.
__________________
De-Putin-Nazify America!
...progress updates [1] [2] [3]...
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 09:22 AM   #176
WilliamSeger
Master Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,295
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
You mean because I wrote in my quote that I cited the "Propaganda Bullhorn"? Well spotted, you win five internet points. What I was showing you, and you failed to grasp because you are into deep black and white thinking, is THE FACT that the WP omitted an important information in their article. While RT reported that fact and its source (Reuters) which made it easy to check it. IN THIS CASE, the RT reporting is far better than the WP reporting, and my post outlines that in the strictest way possible (which often includes mocking).

For you, it should be a hint that the prejudices and phobias you sport are way far removed from critical thinking. Take that for 2017, may it improve the lamentable quality of your contributions here.
The Washington Post article included the actual video, so we can not only hear exactly what he said, but we can also see that once again he's just talking out of his ass, saying something on the spur of the moment that he hopes will sound impressive.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 09:26 AM   #177
zorro99
Muse
 
zorro99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 503
Trump is an expert on hacking despite that he rarely uses a computer. He knows more than the investigating agencies know. Just ask him.
__________________
There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact.
zorro99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 09:44 AM   #178
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 9,829
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
You mean because I wrote in my quote that I cited the "Propaganda Bullhorn"? Well spotted, you win five internet points. What I was showing you, and you failed to grasp because you are into deep black and white thinking, is THE FACT that the WP omitted an important information in their article. While RT reported that fact and its source (Reuters) which made it easy to check it. IN THIS CASE, the RT reporting is far better than the WP reporting, and my post outlines that in the strictest way possible (which often includes mocking).

For you, it should be a hint that the prejudices and phobias you sport are way far removed from critical thinking. Take that for 2017, may it improve the lamentable quality of your contributions here.
The tuesday Wednesday thing is not significant.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:50 AM   #179
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10,952
We have to give Putin credit for managing to get extreme leftists like communists and anarchist to work together with extreme rightists like nazis and white supremacists to sing his praises and support his puppet on the internet.
__________________
Before you say something stupid about climate change, check this list.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2017, 11:46 AM   #180
quadraginta
Becoming Beth
 
quadraginta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Vale of Humility
Posts: 19,490
Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
We have to give Putin credit for managing to get extreme leftists like communists and anarchist to work together with extreme rightists like nazis and white supremacists to sing his praises and support his puppet on the internet.

Not really.

The Republican campaign wasn't about being for anyone in particular. It was about being against Hillary. Trump just became a convenient (perhaps inconvenient) focus. Somewhat to their surprise, I believe.

After that, finding stuff that could be claimed as positive points for Trump was just a routine exercise in misdirection and post hoc justifications. All largely secondary to the main thrust of their campaign.
__________________
"It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:23 PM   #181
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10,952
Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
Not really.

The Republican campaign wasn't about being for anyone in particular. It was about being against Hillary. Trump just became a convenient (perhaps inconvenient) focus. Somewhat to their surprise, I believe.

After that, finding stuff that could be claimed as positive points for Trump was just a routine exercise in misdirection and post hoc justifications. All largely secondary to the main thrust of their campaign.
I don't mean just the campaign. It's everywhere. Nazis and anarchists in some sort of weird loving relationship over their devotion to papa Putin.
__________________
Before you say something stupid about climate change, check this list.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:34 PM   #182
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 9,829
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
The tuesday Wednesday thing is not significant.
As proven by this Monday backpedal

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecur...ing-revelation
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:35 PM   #183
WilliamSeger
Master Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,295
Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
I don't mean just the campaign. It's everywhere. Nazis and anarchists in some sort of weird loving relationship over their devotion to papa Putin.
Well, Putin supports anything that destabilizes western democracies, and he is the richest man in the world, so maybe he's getting their love the old-fashioned way: cash.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:36 PM   #184
logger
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,564
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Well, Putin supports anything that destabilizes western democracies, and he is the richest man in the world, so maybe he's getting their love the old-fashioned way: cash.
Or it could be something simple, like the dems are on the way out, Russia is hurting economically and Putin really wants a reset?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2017, 08:40 AM   #185
David RP
Scholar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
McAfee, as usual, is less polite.
"Kim dot Com agrees with McAfee's assertions"

Kim dot Com now there is someone I can look up to .
David RP is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2017, 08:46 AM   #186
phiwum
Philosopher
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,807
Originally Posted by David RP View Post
"Kim dot Com agrees with McAfee's assertions"

Kim dot Com now there is someone I can look up to .
Surely, this is as blatant an ad hominem as one can expect.

Mind, I'm not at all saying that Russia isn't behind the hacking. I think they are. But your post is a pretty obvious fallacy.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2017, 12:02 PM   #187
caveman1917
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,120
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
We can't compare the incoming administration with any other in history. This is new ground.
In what way?

Quote:
A total buffoon in the white house?


Quote:
An actual moron?
__________________
"Ideas are also weapons." - Subcomandante Marcos
"We must devastate the avenues where the wealthy live." - Lucy Parsons
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2017, 01:28 PM   #188
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 13,773
Both pics fake, IIRC. I'd look it up on Snopes but of course that's a commie fake news site.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2017, 01:41 PM   #189
caveman1917
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,120
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Both pics fake, IIRC.
Well that's too bad then, they were quite funny otherwise.

Quote:
I'd look it up on Snopes but of course that's a commie fake news site.
Erm, ok... What else would you suggest then?
__________________
"Ideas are also weapons." - Subcomandante Marcos
"We must devastate the avenues where the wealthy live." - Lucy Parsons
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin

Last edited by caveman1917; 3rd January 2017 at 02:11 PM.
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2017, 02:26 PM   #190
David RP
Scholar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Surely, this is as blatant an ad hominem as one can expect.

Mind, I'm not at all saying that Russia isn't behind the hacking. I think they are. But your post is a pretty obvious fallacy.
In what way?
David RP is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2017, 04:33 PM   #191
The_Animus
Master Poster
 
The_Animus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,602
Originally Posted by David RP View Post
In what way?
Because rather than address the argument, you attacked the character of the person making it. That's what is referred to as an ad hominem fallacy.
__________________
Straw Man, Ad Hominem, Moving the Goalposts, and a massive post count are all good indicators that a poster is intellectually dishonest and not interested in real discussion.

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2017, 07:16 PM   #192
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 14,780
__________________
De-Putin-Nazify America!
...progress updates [1] [2] [3]...
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 03:38 AM   #193
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,262
So where is the info Trump promised for yesterday or today?
Another promised press conference to add to the list.

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 4th January 2017 at 04:20 AM.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 03:47 AM   #194
The Don
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cymru
Posts: 22,990
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Quote:
But US intelligence officials insisted there had been no delay in the briefing schedule.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38505398

Who to believe, US intelligence officials or a President Elect who has demonstrably lied his way through both the campaign and his entire career
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 04:50 AM   #195
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 14,780
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38505398

Who to believe, US intelligence officials or a President Elect who has demonstrably lied his way through both the campaign and his entire career

At least Trump has a name, contrary to "US intelligence officials".
__________________
De-Putin-Nazify America!
...progress updates [1] [2] [3]...
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 06:12 AM   #196
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 14,780
The Russians are really warming up to that "Russian Trolls" meme: Ministry of Foreign Affairs

__________________
De-Putin-Nazify America!
...progress updates [1] [2] [3]...
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 06:40 AM   #197
caveman1917
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,120
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38505398

Who to believe, US intelligence officials or a President Elect who has demonstrably lied his way through both the campaign and his entire career
How about neither?
__________________
"Ideas are also weapons." - Subcomandante Marcos
"We must devastate the avenues where the wealthy live." - Lucy Parsons
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 06:50 AM   #198
caveman1917
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,120
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
We're just never going to get to the evidence, are we...
__________________
"Ideas are also weapons." - Subcomandante Marcos
"We must devastate the avenues where the wealthy live." - Lucy Parsons
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 07:04 AM   #199
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 14,780
Originally Posted by caveman1917 View Post
We're just never going to get to the evidence, are we...

Putin ate their homework...
__________________
De-Putin-Nazify America!
...progress updates [1] [2] [3]...
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 07:15 AM   #200
caveman1917
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,120
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Putin ate their homework...
Ah, maybe that's why they seem to be obsessing over that dude in Moscow gaining weight:
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
cheerleading Putin's expansionism
He's eating all their homework, it all makes sense now...
__________________
"Ideas are also weapons." - Subcomandante Marcos
"We must devastate the avenues where the wealthy live." - Lucy Parsons
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.