ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Clinton controversies , hillary clinton , James Comey , presidential candidates

Old 31st October 2016, 09:16 AM   #361
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
So now 100 former federal prosecutors are in on it. And you claim it isn't a conspiracy theory.
Oops.

That's what happens when one creates a fictional persona: the distinction between all forms of fiction and delusions, and reality, is that the latter is consistent.
Old 31st October 2016, 09:23 AM   #362
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Your claim that 100 former federal prosecutors condemned Comey because they want to help Hillary derail the investigation and not because they believe that his actions were improper is definitely a conspiracy theory. You have no evidence for this. You simply believe it because you want to.

That Comey acted improperly by making the highly unusual move of notifying Congress about emails the FBI hadn't even reviewed yet knowing that Republicans would immediately use it to attempt to influence the election isn't a conspiracy theory given that is what happened. Also because he made the decision on his own.
Highly unusual? Curious, you were not complaining so much when Comey released the statement originally or testified before Congress.

Unusual circumstances call for heroic action, and damn the personal consequences.

The good news is the FBI has secured the warrant and is combing through them to ensure that more damage has not been done to National Security.

What we have here is at least a situation where Huma allowed her scumbag husband to classified intelligence.
Old 31st October 2016, 09:24 AM   #363
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
So, a link to a letter. No evidence that "Hillary's Gang" rounded them up.

Typical HDS ********
Old 31st October 2016, 09:29 AM   #364
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Or he can be fired to avoid negative publicity from people like you without there ever being a formal sanction.

Put up formal sanction or shut up.
So you agree that it isn't impossible to falsify.

And yeah, he could just get fired which is the penalty anyway. Which is why I won't make a bet with you, not because I don't think he violated the Hatch Act.

Last edited by Tony Stark; 31st October 2016 at 09:31 AM.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2016, 09:30 AM   #365
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
So, a link to a letter.
You asked for the names, I linked you to the letter with names.
100?

Names please.
No evidence that "Hillary's Gang" rounded them up.

Typical HDS ********
If not the Clinton campaign, who do you believe rounded them up ? Or perhpas you have a different theory ?

You can't shouldn't call out one side for crazy arguments, then make some yourself.
Old 31st October 2016, 09:33 AM   #366
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

You didn't link to any names that Clinton's "Gang" rounded up. I see no evidence of that.
Quote:
If not the Clinton campaign, who do you believe rounded them up ? Or perhpas you have a different theory ?
I'm thinking they rounded themselves up.
Old 31st October 2016, 09:37 AM   #367
Argumemnon
World Maker

I'm thinking they rounded themselves up.
"Ze Jeuden? Zay just vanished, mister Jackson!"
Old 31st October 2016, 09:39 AM   #368
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Looks to me like Eric Holder is responsible, and got everyone else to sign on.

I'm sure he did it as a show of support for HRC, but I don't believe he is part of the "Clinton Campaign."
Old 31st October 2016, 09:40 AM   #369
wareyin
Philosopher

You can't shouldn't call out one side for crazy arguments, then make some yourself.
I agree. Clinton did send the letter inviting prosecutors and DOJ officials to sign it. It would be far better to attack the actual crazy arguments made, like so:

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hillary's Gang rounds up 100 former federal prosecutors to attack Comey and the FBI.
They attacked the FBI separately from Comey? Where?

I wonder if they are trying to improperly influence the Criminal Investigation into Carlos Danger and his sleazy cache of emails.
That's odd, I could have sworn you (and other Republicans) have said that Clinton is the target of this investigation. Are you now admitting that Weiner is the target instead?

Al Capone had plenty of prosecutors at his beck and call in the 20's too
How many federal prosecutors and high-ranking DOJ officials signed a letter on behalf of Capone?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2016, 09:42 AM   #370
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Lots of legal "eagles" tripping all over themselves to claim that Abedin's rights were violated by searching the computer.

Hog wash. She already agreed to turn over the emails and devices to the FBI, plus she signed an agreement upon departure from State agreeing to do so.

Plus the stuff is loaded with classified intelligence.

What a pack of partisan hacks.
Old 31st October 2016, 09:47 AM   #371
BobTheCoward
Philosopher

So you agree that it isn't impossible to falsify.

And yeah, he could just get fired which is the penalty anyway. Which is why I won't make a bet with you, not because I don't think he violated the Hatch Act.
It is very convenient that you can claim someone violated the hatch act while you dont see that person being actually found to have violated it.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2016, 09:47 AM   #372
wareyin
Philosopher

Evidence?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2016, 09:47 AM   #373
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Highly unusual? Curious, you were not complaining so much when Comey released the statement originally or testified before Congress.
That statement was highly unusual too. Lots of people said so at the time. Though it wasn't as big a deal because it wasn't days before the election.

Quote:
Unusual circumstances call for heroic action, and damn the personal consequences.
How is writing a vague letter to Congress before reviewing the emails knowing that Republicans would immediately try to use to influence the election heroic? Because he harmed himself for the Republican cause of maybe preventing Hillary from being elected?

Quote:
The good news is the FBI has secured the warrant and is combing through them to ensure that more damage has not been done to National Security.

What we have here is at least a situation where Huma allowed her scumbag husband to classified intelligence.
I don't have a problem with them looking through the emails.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2016, 09:48 AM   #374
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Lots of legal "eagles" tripping all over themselves to claim that Abedin's rights were violated by searching the computer.

Hog wash. She already agreed to turn over the emails and devices to the FBI, plus she signed an agreement upon departure from State agreeing to do so.

Speaking of partisan hacks:
Quote:
Takes one to know one?
Old 31st October 2016, 09:49 AM   #375
wareyin
Philosopher

It is very convenient that you can claim someone violated the hatch act while you dont see that person being actually found to have violated it.
If I steal a candy bar but do not get found guilty by a court of law, whether it is because I didn't get caught or the store didn't wish to press charges, have I stolen that candy bar?
Old 31st October 2016, 09:49 AM   #376
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

From the latest "typically Republican newspaper now endorses Clinton", in South Carolina

Quote:
On national security, we’ll take Mrs. Clinton’s experience on the Armed Services Committee and as secretary of state over Mr. Trump’s hollow claims to know more about ISIS than America’s generals. We also doubt his ability to think rationally in a crisis.
http://www.thestate.com/opinion/edit...#storylink=cpy

Succinct. And blitheringly obvious.
Old 31st October 2016, 09:50 AM   #377
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

In other news....

DNC blatantly favored Clinton, tipping her off on specific debate questions and people!

Quote:
Subject: One of the questions directed to HRC tomorrow is from a woman with a rash... her family has lead poison and she will ask what, if anything, will Hillary do as president to help the ppl of Flint.
No one thought to tell Donna Brazille that was grossly improper? Of course not.

Absolutely pathetic.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/38478
Old 31st October 2016, 09:52 AM   #378
BobTheCoward
Philosopher

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
If I steal a candy bar but do not get found guilty by a court of law, whether it is because I didn't get caught or the store didn't wish to press charges, have I stolen that candy bar?
No.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2016, 09:54 AM   #379
plague311
Great minds think...

You have no evidence to prove it is loaded with classified intelligence. It may very well be, or it may not be. Either way, you have nothing to prove it is or isn't.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2016, 09:56 AM   #380
wareyin
Philosopher

No.
Interesting point of view, but demonstrably false. Whether I (hypothetically) stole a candy bar or not is independent of whether I was found guilty by a court of law.
Old 31st October 2016, 09:57 AM   #381
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

DNC blatantly favored Clinton, tipping her off on specific debate questions and people!

No one thought to tell Donna Brazille that was grossly improper? Of course not.

Absolutely pathetic.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/38478
Holy crap, there are a bunch of them!

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/39807

and that was just against Sanders! Who knows what else she leaked.
Old 31st October 2016, 09:59 AM   #382
wareyin
Philosopher

<snip>
Is this latest fascination with wikileaks an attempt to distract from your inability to support your claim of classified information on Weiner's laptop?
Old 31st October 2016, 09:59 AM   #383
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Just because you find it "convenient" doesn't mean it isn't true.
Old 31st October 2016, 10:01 AM   #384
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Or he can be fired to avoid negative publicity from people like you without there ever being a formal sanction.

Put up formal sanction or shut up.
C.mon, let's be honest and practical. Comey can only be removed from office 5 ways.

1. He dies
2.He resigns
3. He is impeached by Congress for a crime. The violation of the Hatch Act would qualify.
4. Fired by the President for any reason the President sees fit.
5. He completes his 10 year term.

Congress isn't going to impeach him as it is controlled by Republicans.

The President can ask him to resign. Or fire him and cite his misconduct or just fire him.
Old 31st October 2016, 10:04 AM   #385
Argumemnon
World Maker

DNC blatantly favored Clinton
How DARE an organisation prefer one candidate over another when trying to determine who to field!
Old 31st October 2016, 10:07 AM   #386
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
How DARE an organisation prefer one candidate over another when trying to determine who to field!

That is not how Primaries in the United States are supposed to work.

wow
Old 31st October 2016, 10:14 AM   #387
snoop_doxie
Graduate Poster

wow

The primaries are over.

Best clutch those pearls over something else now.

The wide eyed innocent bit does not suit you.
Old 31st October 2016, 10:17 AM   #388
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Remind me who Bernie Sanders is supporting and campaigning for?
Old 31st October 2016, 10:18 AM   #389
wareyin
Philosopher

wow
Now we add primaries to the (long) list of things The Big Dog doesn't understand.
Old 31st October 2016, 10:20 AM   #390
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Yes, but you are not "guilty" of the crime of theft.
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2016, 10:20 AM   #391
Argumemnon
World Maker

Are the rules of the party legally enforced or could they just decide that, next time, they'll just go back to the old ways and hand-pick a candidate?

Quote:
wow
Stop ending each post with a word that is meant to illustrate how stupid your opponents are.
Old 31st October 2016, 10:20 AM   #392
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by snoop_doxie View Post

The primaries are over.

Best clutch those pearls over something else now.

The wide eyed innocent bit does not suit you.
lol. the primaries were stolen fair and square months ago!

Good luck getting Sanders supporters enthusiastic in light of the fact of DNC/Clinton collusion.

No one is surprised tho that the brain trust at Hillary's camp did not see how sleazy this was??
Old 31st October 2016, 10:21 AM   #393
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Interesting point of view, but demonstrably false. Whether I (hypothetically) stole a candy bar or not is independent of whether I was found guilty by a court of law.
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2016, 10:22 AM   #394
Tony Stark
Philosopher

lol. the primaries were stolen fair and square months ago!

Good luck getting Sanders supporters enthusiastic in light of the fact of DNC/Clinton collusion.

No one is surprised tho that the brain trust at Hillary's camp did not see how sleazy this was??
Yes Bernie lost by millions of votes because Hillary got a question for a debate in advance.

Who is Bernie supporting again?
Old 31st October 2016, 10:24 AM   #395
wareyin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
Yes, but you are not "guilty" of the crime of theft.
No, but BobTheCoward implied it was not possible to break the law (violate the Hatch Act) without being found to have broken the law.
Old 31st October 2016, 10:36 AM   #396
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
No merely that Hillary is an international master criminal who has successfully bribed hundreds to cover her tracks. She is so brilliant that there is no tangible evidence of her wrongdoing - indeed the absence of any such evidence is the most compelling reason for her guilt
And at the same time super incompetent.
Old 31st October 2016, 10:37 AM   #397
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

CNN just fired Donna Brazille for leaking debate questions to the Hillary Campaign.

Now who thinks that Hillary is going to fire the people that accepted the leaks?

HA HA HA!

Just joshing, we all know that a sleazebag like Hillary will give them a medal
Old 31st October 2016, 10:38 AM   #398
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

And at the same time super incompetent.
Nope just super incompetent.
Old 31st October 2016, 10:44 AM   #399
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Nope just super incompetent.
Super incompetent yet she keeps getting away with her many crimes despite Republicans desperately trying to take her down for decades. Yeah, that makes sense.
Old 31st October 2016, 10:46 AM   #400
wareyin
Philosopher

Super incompetent yet she keeps getting away with her many crimes despite Republicans desperately trying to take her down for decades. Yeah, that makes sense.
I guess it's just that The Big Dog's heroes are vastly more incompetent than Clinton is. One wonders who is competent in this scenario?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics