ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Clinton controversies , hillary clinton , James Comey , presidential candidates

Old 30th October 2016, 12:48 PM   #81
The Big Dog
Suspended

Originally Posted by cantonear1968 View Post
That's not what you said. You said they wouldn't take it "seriously". This is different from "can't release them".

But hey. A perfect example of you saying whatever you need to in the moment.
Lolz, just going to ignore the five times in this thread I said they had to be vetted for classified information?

But hey, perfect example of a misrepresentation of the facts.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 12:49 PM   #82
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Brilliant.

WTF is Comey doing? The release of this letter, without knowing what's in the emails or even having a warrant to read them, is very foul.

These emails could be chicken recipes, for all we know. They may have NOTHING to do with Hillary!!!!
I get the sense that he's going to pay a price for this fiasco.
Old 30th October 2016, 12:53 PM   #83
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
I get the sense that he's going to pay a price for this fiasco.
Might be an all in approach. He figures that it'll be enough to push Trump into the White House, and if that happens, he'll be safe.
Old 30th October 2016, 12:54 PM   #84
Hercules56
Graduate Poster

This article pretty much says it all.

All Comey knows about the emails, is that they were under Huma's possession.

He has no idea what's in them.

He has no idea if they relate at all to Hillary or classified info.

He has no idea if he will even get a warrant to open the emails.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/comey-wro...220219586.html

The only thing Comey DOES know, is that he just threw a giant monkey wrench into Hillary's campaign.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 12:56 PM   #85
Hercules56
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Especially when it all comes as a result of a mistake that has been acknowledged for what, two year? Comey's behavior is ugly. He made comments criticizing Clinton and now this letter to Congress. It's negligent at the least and possibly criminal.
Comey's judgement and possibly partisan motivations, are now in considerable question.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 12:57 PM   #86
Steve
Master Poster

That's not what you said. You said they wouldn't take it "seriously". This is different from "can't release them".

But hey. A perfect example of you saying whatever you need to in the moment.
Seems somewhat Trumpish.

Last edited by Steve; 30th October 2016 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Spell correct
Steve is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 12:57 PM   #87
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Lolz, just going to ignore the five times in this thread I said they had to be vetted for classified information?

But hey, perfect example of a misrepresentation of the facts.
No. I quoted exactly what you DID say. Like Trump's surrogate's complaint about the media, you don't seem to like your own words being used.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 12:59 PM   #88
Skeptic Ginger
formerly skeptigirl

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Hillary has certainly taken a pounding in the polls since this came out. She's dropped 5+% on 538.
I think 'pounding' is an exaggeration.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 01:05 PM   #89
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
This article pretty much says it all.

All Comey knows about the emails, is that they were under Huma's possession.

He has no idea what's in them.

He has no idea if they relate at all to Hillary or classified info.

He has no idea if he will even get a warrant to open the emails.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/comey-wro...220219586.html

The only thing Comey DOES know, is that he just threw a giant monkey wrench into Hillary's campaign.
Comey's corrupt and should be prosecuted or he's a moron and has no business having that job.
Old 30th October 2016, 01:08 PM   #90
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Seems somewhat Trumpish.
I've been using TrumpesqueTM.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 01:08 PM   #91
Hercules56
Graduate Poster

Comey's corrupt and should be prosecuted or he's a moron and has no business having that job.
On Friday, the whole country thought Comey had found emails to or from Hillary private server, on Huma's device.

That sounds like it could be a big deal.

Now? We have no idea what the **** is going on.
Old 30th October 2016, 01:10 PM   #92
Stacko
Philosopher

It's kinda amazing that he stepped outside his role in editorializing by excoriating Hillary over the private server while admitting there was nothing close to be prosecutable. Because Republicans took that gift horse and threw it back at him in rage to appeal to their lunatic base, he has to commit career seppuku to get back in their good graces.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 01:15 PM   #93
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Hillary has certainly taken a pounding in the polls since this came out. She's dropped 5+% on 538.
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I think 'pounding' is an exaggeration.
I think plague311 may be referring to the "Chances of Winning" vs the actual polls. 538 still has Clinton 49% vs 44% and on course to take 319 electoral votes.

Old 30th October 2016, 01:18 PM   #94
The Big Dog
Suspended

No. I quoted exactly what you DID say. Like Trump's surrogate's complaint about the media, you don't seem to like your own words being used.
Well, that is what we call "cherry picking" because you managed to utterly ignore the reason that they are not going to take her seriously is:

The emails have to be vetted for classified information, like I have now said what seven times, hell, even skeptic ginger said it.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 01:21 PM   #95
The Big Dog
Suspended

The white hot rage of the Hillary conspiracy theorists is hilarious!
Old 30th October 2016, 01:22 PM   #96
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Well, that is what we call "cherry picking" because you managed to utterly ignore the reason that they are not going to take her seriously is:

The emails have to be vetted for classified information, like I have now said what seven times, hell, even skeptic ginger said it.
Apparently you need to be reminded of what you said:

Or she knows that there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that anyone in a position of authority would take such a ridiculous "demand" seriously.
That you needed to change your position later to fit your agenda is irrelevant to what I wrote in response to your actual words.

However, if you'd now like to move this conversation toward Comey sending his letter to congress before reading/vetting/knowing what they were, I'd be happy to go there.

Old 30th October 2016, 01:23 PM   #97
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Are you equally critical of Trump when he has called the FBI, and now the USPS, 'in on it'?

Edit: And are you conveniently going to ignore the Hatch Act?

Last edited by cantonear1968; 30th October 2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 30th October 2016, 01:25 PM   #98
The Big Dog
Suspended

Fantastic example of a rule of so! Seriously, classic!

The "authorities" won't release them because the CAN'T release them until the criminal investigation is concluded AND they are vetted for classified intelligence.

so simple.
It would appear that you, like huma and Hillary are totally unconcerned with the fact that the emails must be vetted for classified intelligence.

And that they are the subject of an ongoing criminal investigation and the main suspect is in no position to dictate when the evidence against her would be released.

I cannot believe that anyone does anything but roll their eyes at Hillary's shenanigans.
And also to be fair, did she not say the same thing about her other emails which she said did not contain classified matters only for it to have been loaded with classified matters all the way to Top Secret?

So to summarize she "publicly" called for something that she KNOWS is totally improper and will never happen before they are vetted

She is such a phony
of course I did, it is a ludicrous suggestion.

Plus the whole: I demand that the FBI release the evidence in the ongoing criminal investigation!

How dumb does she think people are???
Or she knows that there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that anyone in a position of authority would take such a ridiculous "demand" seriously.
Apparently you need to be reminded of what you said:

That you needed to change your position later to fit your agenda is irrelevant to what I wrote in response to your actual words.
'K.

Old 30th October 2016, 01:27 PM   #99
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Comey's corrupt and should be prosecuted...

Nope, James Comey was just being "extremely careless; no reasonable prosecutor would bring a case," as the FBI Director himself once told us.

Last edited by Slings and Arrows; 30th October 2016 at 01:30 PM.
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 01:27 PM   #100
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

'K.

Thank you for including the part where I stated I included your actual words.

Old 30th October 2016, 01:32 PM   #101
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

'K.

I'm just noticing your sig. You never did address this: How do you know HRC has a "drinking problem"?

Old 30th October 2016, 01:32 PM   #102
Tony Stark
Suspended

That Coney took action that he must have know could influence the election without even knowing what is in the emails isn't a conspiracy theory, it is fact.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 01:46 PM   #103
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

White hot rage?

LOL

Dude, we're laughing at you. Most sane people already know what is going to come of this latest brouhaha.

Nothing.
Old 30th October 2016, 01:51 PM   #104
Hercules56
Graduate Poster

Comey has no business doing what he has done, so close to Election Day, unless they found possibly incriminating evidence in Huma's emails.

And as far as we know, the emails don't even relate to Hillary.
Old 30th October 2016, 01:52 PM   #105
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

CNN is reporting that there are 4 prominent Dem Senators who have written the FBI asking that their investigation into these latest emails be made public tomorrow. I think the contrast between Clinton's "scandal" and Trump's actual scandal ("Grab them by the pussy!") is worth highlighting. Republicans ran from Trump. Democrats are running to Clinton.

Old 30th October 2016, 01:53 PM   #106
Garrison
Illuminator

Really? What are you raging about?
Old 30th October 2016, 01:55 PM   #107
Megalodon
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
Really? What are you raging about?
At this point, that the Hatch Act is actually a thing?

Megalodon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 01:59 PM   #108
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Slings and Arrows View Post
Nope, James Comey was just being "extremely careless; no reasonable prosecutor would bring a case," as the FBI Director himself once told us.

I don't think you can sell that.

It's very probably a violation of the Hatch Act. And from my understanding, he was warned against doing it. There is no reason to do it other than to effect the election.

Last edited by acbytesla; 30th October 2016 at 02:02 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 02:02 PM   #109
The Big Dog
Suspended

The Hatch Act nonsense is a complete distraction

Hillary's various stooges are doing a fantastic time derailing attention from yet another Clinton email fiasco by claiming that the head of the FBI violated the Hatch Act.

The Hatch Act is not a defense to the FBI investigation, it will not derail the investigation, and even if it was violated (it wasn't) it has no impact whatsoever.

It is just the latest distraction by the pitchfork wielding crowd.

Hell, put Comey in a cell next to Hillary if you want, won't change nothing.
Old 30th October 2016, 02:03 PM   #110
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Hillary's various stooges are doing a fantastic time derailing attention from yet another Clinton email fiasco by claiming that the head of the FBI violated the Hatch Act.

The Hatch Act is not a defense to the FBI investigation, it will not derail the investigation, and even if it was violated (it wasn't) it has no impact whatsoever.

Whoosh!

Was that a hand that just waved past me?

Old 30th October 2016, 02:05 PM   #111
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

I'm just noticing your sig. You never did address this: How do you know HRC has a "drinking problem"?
Any chance you'll take a run at this? I'm willing to keep asking as long as you have it as your sig.

Old 30th October 2016, 02:05 PM   #112
The Big Dog
Suspended

Any chance you'll take a run at this? I'm willing to keep asking as long as you have it as your sig.
Do anything to look it up? Do so.
Old 30th October 2016, 02:06 PM   #113
Argumemnon
World Maker

Are you talking about the people who accuse Hillary of orchestrating every bad thing in the last 20 years, including paying off the FBI to look the other way in her e-mail scandal?
Old 30th October 2016, 02:07 PM   #114
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

I don't think you can sell that.

It's very probably a violation of the Hatch Act. And from my understanding, he was warned against doing it. There is no reason to do it other than to effect the election.

Hey, maybe Comey can be indicted for "gross negligence." Yeah, that's the ticket!
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 02:08 PM   #115
The Big Dog
Suspended

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Are you talking about the people who accuse Hillary of orchestrating every bad thing in the last 20 years, including paying off the FBI to look the other way in her e-mail scandal?
No the ones attacking Comey hammer and tongs today because of the latest disclosures in the Hillary scandal.
Old 30th October 2016, 02:10 PM   #116
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Do anything to look it up? Do so.
I have no idea what this was supposed to mean.

I'm aware of Podesta's email and what it says. You used this to claim HRC has a serious drinking problem. I'm now asking for your evidence of this. You avoided it the first time around.

Old 30th October 2016, 02:11 PM   #117
The Big Dog
Suspended

I'm aware of Podesta's email and what it says. You used this to claim HRC has a serious drinking problem. I'm now asking for your evidence of this. You avoided it the first time around.
No I did not.

I betcha Hillary is lit today, huh?

Old 30th October 2016, 02:12 PM   #118
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

No the ones attacking Comey hammer and tongs today because of the latest disclosures in the Hillary scandal.
But Trump said he WAS part of the rigged system when he didn't indict Clinton. Were you as critical of Trump then?

Old 30th October 2016, 02:14 PM   #119
Tony Stark
Suspended

I guess you now know more than a law professor that was the head Bush White House ethics lawyer.

And nobody is claiming that it is a defense or that it will derail the investigation. There isn't even anything to defend given that the FBI hasn't even reviewed the emails yet alone claimed that there is anything incriminating in them.

Last edited by Tony Stark; 30th October 2016 at 02:22 PM.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 02:14 PM   #120
Megalodon
Illuminator

Based on past experience, the figments of a deranged imagination.

Megalodon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics