ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Clinton controversies , hillary clinton , James Comey , presidential candidates

Reply
Old 30th October 2016, 05:23 PM   #201
Minoosh
Philosopher
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,031
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
WRONG because the legally seized lap top is not a poisonous tree, therefore the whole claim that the emails are the fruits is utterly false.
So you assert, but I have no reason to accept your speculation over mine.

They were looking for evidence against Weiner. That's all they were looking for. I'd say that even opening one email that did not include Weiner as a sender or recipient potentially crosses the line into illegal search and seizure.

Comey pretty much hangs himself here; he can't flatly state they are pertinent then pretend he hasn't even peeked.

IANAL but I've impersonated one.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:25 PM   #202
ddt
Mafia Penguin
 
ddt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 16,228
Originally Posted by Slings and Arrows View Post
Okay, if her emails ended up on a sexual perverts laptop, then it's Hillary's fault for not using a government approved secure server when corresponding with the President of the United States.

Does that sound any better?
Really???

Hillary sent some of her emails Cc: to Huma. That's what this is all about isn't it? And thus far, we don't even know if those emails were about, say, lifting sanctions on Iran, or about apple pie recipes.
__________________
Founder of the group "The Truth about Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu aka Mother Teresa"

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:27 PM   #203
Minoosh
Philosopher
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,031
Trump's sister is a federal judge. Hmm.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:27 PM   #204
ddt
Mafia Penguin
 
ddt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 16,228
Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
ETA: I've used up all my free samples of the Washington Post.
Open the link in a "private window" (Firefox). That works for me to fool their count of page views.

ETA: From the WaPo article BigDog linked to:
Quote:
One official said the total number of emails recovered in the Weiner investigation is close to 650,000 — though that reflects many emails that are not in any way relevant to the Clinton investigation. Officials familiar with the case said, though, that the messages include a significant amount of correspondence associated with Clinton and her top aide Huma Abedin, Weiner’s estranged wife.
IOW, that number is pretty worthless at this time. They've recovered 650,000 emails in the Weiner investigation. Many of those do not have bearing on Clinton. For the rest, there were only 33,000 emails missing from Clinton's private email server. That's what percentage? Expect of those of Weiner's emails (rather, Huma's) which do have bearing in Clinton to be the same percentage from those missing emails. The rest is already known.
__________________
Founder of the group "The Truth about Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu aka Mother Teresa"

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf

Last edited by ddt; 30th October 2016 at 05:32 PM.
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:27 PM   #205
Hercules56
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,068
It is illegal for a private citizen, such as Trump, to urge a foreign government or agents of that government to illegally hack into American servers and email accounts. It is illegal for a private citizen such as Trump, to urge or encourage agents of a foreign govt. to try to influence an American election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Act#Text

§ 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:31 PM   #206
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,932
Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
So you assert, but I have no reason to accept your speculation over mine.

They were looking for evidence against Weiner. That's all they were looking for. I'd say that even opening one email that did not include Weiner as a sender or recipient potentially crosses the line into illegal search and seizure.

Comey pretty much hangs himself here; he can't flatly state they are pertinent then pretend he hasn't even peeked.

IANAL but I've impersonated one.
Yes, well you have no idea what you are talking about, and your explanation is not fruit of the poisonous tree so please stop posting terribly uninformed claims.
__________________
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:33 PM   #207
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 19,111
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Forgive me, but I do expect more from Democrats than from well, Republicans.
So do I. Which is why I fully expect those accusations to become truth before the dust settles on them.
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:35 PM   #208
Stacko
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,693
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
So do I. Which is why I fully expect those accusations to become truth before the dust settles on them.
Like when Harry Reid accused Romney of not paying any taxes on the Senate floor?
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:38 PM   #209
Minoosh
Philosopher
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,031
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Uh, not all of them are Hillary's but yeah, let's just blow off classification rules because Hillary is a scumbag.
Not because Hillary is a scumbag.

Because keeping them under wraps at this point may present a threat to national security in itself. Some few people have promised armed insurrection should Hillary win. It's vital not to fan those flames with rampant innuendo.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:40 PM   #210
Hercules56
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,068
Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Like when Harry Reid accused Romney of not paying any taxes on the Senate floor?
Reid needs to back up his accusations against Trump, ASAP.

Otherwise, Trump will threaten to sue him.


Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:41 PM   #211
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 57,830
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
WRONG
Wow, it's like the Trumpster himself is with us here.
__________________
"What is best in life?"
Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:41 PM   #212
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,932
Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Not because Hillary is a scumbag.

Because keeping them under wraps at this point may present a threat to national security in itself. Some few people have promised armed insurrection should Hillary win. It's vital not to fan those flames with rampant innuendo.


Wow.
__________________
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:43 PM   #213
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 57,830
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yes, well you have no idea what you are talking about, and your explanation is not fruit of the poisonous tree so please stop posting terribly uninformed claims.
Wouldn't it make more sense for you to just quote the relevant sources and make an argument rather than just blindly state that you're right? I mean, since you're obviously right and not playing a character or anything.
__________________
"What is best in life?"
Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:43 PM   #214
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,932
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Wow, it's like the Trumpster himself is with us here.
Does he cut off expert analysis like you just did to make a silly joke?
__________________
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:44 PM   #215
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 57,830
Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Some few people have promised armed insurrection should Hillary win.
I'd like to see them try anf fail tragically.

Mainly because I'm in a different country altogether.
__________________
"What is best in life?"
Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:45 PM   #216
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 57,830
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Does he cut off expert analysis like you just did to make a silly joke?
Aw, come on. You can't say that you were hurt by such a small bit of humour. Certainly I wasn't implying at all that you are adding a bit of Trump to your comedy routine.

And this:

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
WRONG because the legally seized lap top is not a poisonous tree, therefore the whole claim that the emails are the fruits is utterly false.

So silly.

Isn't an "expert analysis". It's your opinion unless you can support it.
__________________
"What is best in life?"
Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:46 PM   #217
Stacko
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,693
Newly Discovered Emails Unlikely to Change FBI Decision Not to Charge Clinton, Experts Say
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:46 PM   #218
newyorkguy
Philosopher
 
newyorkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 8,397
Quote:
Any citizen of the United States,...directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence...any disputes or controversies with the United States...shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
Three years sounds about right.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:52 PM   #219
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 11,088
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Reid needs to back up his accusations against Trump, ASAP.

Otherwise, Trump will threaten to sue him.


I'm sure Reid is shivering.
__________________
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:55 PM   #220
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 11,088
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Wow, it's like the Trumpster himself is with us here.
I'll say this about this election. It is definitely the most interesting of my lifetime. But I wouldn't say that is a good thing.
__________________
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:58 PM   #221
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator
 
Fast Eddie B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mineral Bluff, GA
Posts: 3,753
Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I saw.

Under normal circumstances I could easily see a judge denying the warrant based on the "fruit of the poison tree" doctrine.
I don't think that doctrine applies.

It might if the original seizing of Wiener's laptop was illegal or otherwise improper. I don't think that's been asserted. So no "poisonous tree".

If you have a lawful warrant to search for something, in general anything found is evidence, even if evidence related to another crime.

But there are limits. The example sometimes given is that if you're searching an apartment for a stolen elephant, you can't start opening drawers. Anything found within the drawers would be inadmissible, since they were beyond the scope of the warrant. But find a stolen horse, and it could be lawfully seized.

Caveat: I'm clearly not a lawyer, and will yield to anyone with a deeper understanding of the concept.
__________________
"God is not a magician" - Pope Francis

"I doubt that!" - James Randi
Fast Eddie B is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 05:59 PM   #222
newyorkguy
Philosopher
 
newyorkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 8,397
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I'll say this about this election. It is definitely the most interesting of my lifetime. But I wouldn't say that is a good thing.
Agreed.

And if we could come back in fifty years I think history will record the 2016 elections as one of the worst episodes in American political history. Unless we're living under a totalitarian dictatorship by then, in which case we'll probably find a statute of Donald Trump in every public square.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:02 PM   #223
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 11,088
Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Agreed.

And if we could come back in fifty years I think history will record the 2016 elections as one of the worst episodes in American political history. Unless we're living under a totalitarian dictatorship by then, in which case we'll probably find a statute of Donald Trump in every public square.
Thanks, now I'm going to have nightmares.
__________________
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:04 PM   #224
Stacko
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,693
Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Agreed.

And if we could come back in fifty years I think history will record the 2016 elections as one of the worst episodes in American political history. Unless we're living under a totalitarian dictatorship by then, in which case we'll probably find a statute of Donald Trump in every public square.
God King Barron will have rewritten history and replaced those with statues of himself by then.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:17 PM   #225
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster
 
cantonear1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,335
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
You claimed I avoided it last time, which was false. Read better
Ok! So the Big Dog wants to take a run around the track. My bet is he doesn't win, place or show.

You say didn't avoid this? Let's see:

Originally Posted by The Big Dog
Originally Posted by cantonear1968
Originally Posted by The Big Dog
Originally Posted by cantonear1968
Originally Posted by The Big Dog
Originally Posted by cantonear1968
Originally Posted by The Big Dog
So please show me where you addressed the evidence that Clinton has a "pretty severe drinking problem".

You know, the key to digging your own grave is you should stop when you can still climb out. If you keep digging you just get in over your head.
__________________
Can you people please stop not thinking? - Gorgonian

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:22 PM   #226
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster
 
cantonear1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,335
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Does he cut off expert analysis like you just did to make a silly joke?
Kind of:
Originally Posted by Trump
Global Warming is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese
__________________
Can you people please stop not thinking? - Gorgonian

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:24 PM   #227
Minoosh
Philosopher
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,031
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
It is illegal for a private citizen, such as Trump, to urge a foreign government or agents of that government to illegally hack into American servers and email accounts.
Indicting Trump now would be seen as illegally trying to influence the election but he may well end up being indicted later. Racketeering is an area to explore. Also lets the U.S. seize his assets
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:24 PM   #228
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 19,111
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Harry Reid is such a *********** clown.

Hey Harry? Your ******** is not going to remove those emails from Hillary's body woman's computer, where they were stored next to Weiner's spank bank.
And your comical whining isn't going to make them matter.
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:26 PM   #229
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,932
Originally Posted by cantonear1968 View Post
Ok! So the Big Dog wants to take a run around the track. My bet is he doesn't win, place or show.

You say didn't avoid this? Let's see:









So please show me where you addressed the evidence that Clinton has a "pretty severe drinking problem".

You know, the key to digging your own grave is you should stop when you can still climb out. If you keep digging you just get in over your head.
The part where Podesta had to go sober her drunk ass up at 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

Oh noes! I should stop pointing out that John Podesta was told to go sober her up at 4 o'clock in the afternoon! I am digging my own grave, filled with Hillary's empty whiskey bottles.
__________________
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:30 PM   #230
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster
 
cantonear1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,335
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The part where Podesta had to go sober her drunk ass up at 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

Oh noes! I should stop pointing out that John Podesta was told to go sober her up at 4 o'clock in the afternoon! I am digging my own grave, filled with Hillary's empty whiskey bottles.
And we come full circle:
Originally Posted by cantonear1968
I'm willing to wait and see if you answer it this time or, again, claim it's an "old joke".
__________________
Can you people please stop not thinking? - Gorgonian

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:32 PM   #231
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!
 
Mike!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Posts: 23,544
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Unholy mother of Hell! I thought I was the only one using that expression, nowadays!
A perfectly acceptable expression, if one is a classical fan of the rabbit, that is.
__________________
"Never judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes...
Because then it won't really matter, you’ll be a mile away and have his shoes."
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:33 PM   #232
Minoosh
Philosopher
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,031
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
I'd like to see them try anf fail tragically.

Mainly because I'm in a different country altogether.
Since those guys in Oregon were acquitted some armed Trump fans may be emboldened to seize a federal building or something if Trump loses. I'm not sure any of Trump's diehard crowd really want this but the pool of potential recruits is large.

Last edited by Minoosh; 30th October 2016 at 06:43 PM. Reason: I forget
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:34 PM   #233
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,932
Originally Posted by cantonear1968 View Post
And we come full circle:


I'm willing to wait and see if you answer it this time or, again, claim it's an "old joke".
Hey, jimbob, go down to the bar and make hillary soberly aware of the situation.

That is exactly the way people speak!

Glug, glug, glug!
__________________
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:42 PM   #234
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster
 
cantonear1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,335
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hey, jimbob, go down to the bar and make hillary soberly aware of the situation.

That is exactly the way people speak!

Glug, glug, glug!
And again we see you avoiding the question.

Well done.

I'm willing to keep asking as long as you have it in your sig:

What evidence do you have HRC is a "problem drinker"? You can just say it's that one email which is ambiguous at best and we'll be done.

But I am going to have to ask you to change your sig.
__________________
Can you people please stop not thinking? - Gorgonian

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:46 PM   #235
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,932
Originally Posted by cantonear1968 View Post
And again we see you avoiding the question.

Well done.

I'm willing to keep asking as long as you have it in your sig:

What evidence do you have HRC is a "problem drinker"? You can just say it's that one email which is ambiguous at best and we'll be done.

But I am going to have to ask you to change your sig.
A new WikiLeaks email dump reveals Hillary Clinton may have been boozed up at 4:30 in the afternoon when her campaign tried to reach her in August 2015.

An Aug. 8, 2015, email exchange between Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta and communications aide Jennifer Palmieri revealed the two discussing whether to call Hillary and “sober her up some.”

“Should I call her and talk this through or better leave with you?” Podesta asked at 2 p.m. “I’m worried she’ll get on with Cheryl [Mills] and we’ll end up in a bad place.”

It took Palmieri two hours to respond to Podesta’s question.

“I think you should call her and sober her up some,” she said.
__________________
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:48 PM   #236
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster
 
cantonear1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,335
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
A new WikiLeaks email dump reveals Hillary Clinton may have been boozed up at 4:30 in the afternoon when her campaign tried to reach her in August 2015.

An Aug. 8, 2015, email exchange between Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta and communications aide Jennifer Palmieri revealed the two discussing whether to call Hillary and “sober her up some.”

“Should I call her and talk this through or better leave with you?” Podesta asked at 2 p.m. “I’m worried she’ll get on with Cheryl [Mills] and we’ll end up in a bad place.”

It took Palmieri two hours to respond to Podesta’s question.

“I think you should call her and sober her up some,” she said.
Not sure why you're referencing the same email as if it is new.

Actually I do. Because you have nothing else.

What evidence do you have to accuse HRC of being a "problem drinker"?

Still waiting.
__________________
Can you people please stop not thinking? - Gorgonian

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 06:55 PM   #237
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,932
Originally Posted by cantonear1968 View Post
Not sure why you're referencing the same email as if it is new.

Actually I do. Because you have nothing else.

What evidence do you have to accuse HRC of being a "problem drinker"?

Still waiting.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....0.1gjas2HzT7s

hee hee!
__________________
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 07:00 PM   #238
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,932
Is Hillary Clinton too Drunk to be President?

lol
__________________
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 07:03 PM   #239
Tony Stark
Philosopher
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,555
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The funny thing is that you apparently think that was intended to be serious.

If that along with some photos of her drinking is all the "evidence" you have that she is a problem drinker, you have nothing. As always.
__________________
I lost an avatar bet to Skeptic Tank.

Last edited by Tony Stark; 30th October 2016 at 07:05 PM.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 07:05 PM   #240
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster
 
cantonear1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,335
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
TPD, I was a long time lurker in the 9/11 forum and infrequent contributor. I was an admirer of yours in your participation of taking down the ridiculous arguments that were provided by truthers.

Now seeing you offer this drivel as a counter-argument saddens me to see your inadequacy but also my lack of judgement.
__________________
Can you people please stop not thinking? - Gorgonian

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.