ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Herman Cain , Trump appointees , Trump controversies

Old 4th April 2019, 02:31 PM   #1
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trump to appoint Herman (999) Cain for the Federal Reserve

Is this a joke?

Trump Selects Herman Cain for Federal Reserve Board, Sources Say

Maybe it's another one of the few black people he knows?
Old 4th April 2019, 02:44 PM   #2
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Trump just wants more free pizza.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 06:24 PM   #3
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Is this a joke?

Trump Selects Herman Cain for Federal Reserve Board, Sources Say

Maybe it's another one of the few black people he knows?
Maybe 'his' African-American from the campaign rallies isn't available.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 07:39 PM   #4
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Herman “999” Cain? I’m not really remembering who that—wait, don’t you mean Herman “Sexual Harassment” Cain?

Nice fella. Great choice.

Last edited by Regnad Kcin; 4th April 2019 at 08:08 PM.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 07:41 PM   #5
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

The Gold Standard. That's what the world needs now.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 10:27 PM   #6
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

He was a chair of a federal reserve board bank, but I'm not sure how signficant that was. But I'm thinking because I have been tuned into politics for years, and I don't recall hearing it, maybe it isn't that significant?
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 10:44 PM   #7
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
He was a chair of a federal reserve board bank, but I'm not sure how signficant that was. But I'm thinking because I have been tuned into politics for years, and I don't recall hearing it, maybe it isn't that significant?
Hal Puthoff works at the Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin. Lot of the same words where Einstein worked.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 01:51 AM   #8
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

He does have the very important qualification of being "a friend of mine".

The PDJT almost said he was "a very fine person" but you can see him pause after "very" and realize that "fine" might not be the best word in this context. He went with "a very... terrific person" which is a phrase no one would ever use.

Last edited by alfaniner; 5th April 2019 at 02:07 AM.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 01:55 AM   #9
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I truly would love to see the Trump administration present a plan on how to get back on the Gold Standard.
It would be hilarious.
Old 5th April 2019, 05:33 AM   #10
lomiller
Philosopher

If you really want to ******* the US economy for decades to come, mess with the Fed.
Old 5th April 2019, 06:27 AM   #11
bignickel
Mad Mod Poet God

So, the question for this guy got expanded to: Keynesian, Monetarian, or Gold Standard?
"You can find that book everywhere and the risk is that many people who read it believe that those fairy tales are real. I think I have the responsibility to clear things up to unmask the cheap lies contained in books like that."
- Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone
bignickel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 07:01 AM   #12
lomiller
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bignickel View Post
So, the question for this guy got expanded to: Keynesian, Monetarian, or Gold Standard?
Old 5th April 2019, 07:11 AM   #13
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
He does have the very important qualification of being "a friend of mine".

The PDJT almost said he was "a very fine person" but you can see him pause after "very" and realize that "fine" might not be the best word in this context. He went with "a very... terrific person" which is a phrase no one would ever use.
Thanks much because I was thinking about the same thing.

This statement goes to show what it takes for one to get any sort of important job when one wants to work for Trump and how Trump views his important employees.

This statement also shows one of the many odd things about Trump, and that is Trump so very unfiltered that he will say whatever feeble thing happens crosses his feeble mind.
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 09:13 AM   #14
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Worst racist ever!
Old 5th April 2019, 10:49 AM   #15
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
Worst racist ever!
Yeah, some of his best friends are black!

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 10:56 AM   #16
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Herman “999” Cain? I’m not really remembering who that—wait, don’t you mean Herman “Sexual Harassment” Cain?

Nice fella. Great choice.
999 is 666 upside down. The mark of Cain?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics