ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Ivanka Trump

Old 26th March 2019, 06:57 PM   #161
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Good spot - I didn't notice. Obviously should be stepmother.

Doesn't seem evil enough to be Ivanka stepmother.
Old 26th March 2019, 09:51 PM   #162
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Silly Green Monkey View Post
Did that article refer to Melania as Ivanka's mother in law? That would make Melania Jared's mother, not Ivanka's.
Never mind, it was the stupid author, not Ivanka herself.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 26th March 2019 at 09:57 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2019, 08:13 PM   #163
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Quote:
If she were to run for president herself, however, her father thinks she would likely win.

I think shed be very, very hard to beat, Mr Trump told The Atlantic.
2024 should work out nicely.

Tremendous woman who's done tremendous work and can count past five. There aren't many people good enough to take on either US Ambassador to the UN or President of the World Bank, but my girl is.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8867636.html
Old 12th April 2019, 10:45 PM   #164
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
2024 should work out nicely.

Tremendous woman who's done tremendous work and can count past five. There aren't many people good enough to take on either US Ambassador to the UN or President of the World Bank, but my girl is.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8867636.html
He also at one time said she'd be a great Supreme Court Justice. He's just so smitten with her! It's probably the millions he invested in plastic surgery and orthodontics. He thinks of her as Trump Property.

He also admires her "calmness". That's another way of saying "she's a slow as Donnie Jr. and Eric, but she looks sedated when she's blinking at the difficult questions".

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2019, 11:00 PM   #165
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
He also at one time said she'd be a great Supreme Court Justice.
Really? Wow, that takes the cake.
Old 13th April 2019, 05:41 AM   #166
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

He knows the stupid cow would have to go to law school right?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 06:57 AM   #167
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

If life were a Black Mirror episode, Trump would be planning to transplant his brain into Ivanka's body.
Old 13th April 2019, 08:45 AM   #168
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
He knows the stupid cow would have to go to law school right?
I'm pretty sure that actually being a lawyer is not a constitutional requirement.
Old 13th April 2019, 09:01 AM   #169
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
If life were a Black Mirror episode, Trump would be planning to transplant his brain into Ivanka's body.
As opposed to real life, where he's trying to put some other part of his body in her body?

Last edited by Squeegee Beckenheim; 13th April 2019 at 09:21 AM.
Squeegee Beckenheim is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 09:20 AM   #170
wasapi
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
As I recall, he told Howard Stern that he would also enjoy transplanting another body part into his "girl".

It still creeps me out.
Old 13th April 2019, 09:38 AM   #171
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Red face

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
As I recall, he told Howard Stern that he would also enjoy transplanting another body part into his "girl".

It still creeps me out.
You don't get it -

It was a compliment!
Old 13th April 2019, 12:23 PM   #172
Stacyhs
Philosopher

He also at one time said she'd be a great Supreme Court Justice. He's just so smitten with her! It's probably the millions he invested in plastic surgery and orthodontics. He thinks of her as Trump Property.

He also admires her "calmness". That's another way of saying "she's a slow as Donnie Jr. and Eric, but she looks sedated when she's blinking at the difficult questions".
If the word 'great' didn't exist, Trump would lose half his vocabulary.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 08:31 PM   #173
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

To be fair, it may have been in one of his stump speeches at a rally, but I sorta recall it being early on, around the time of the RNC. But I'm old and forgetful and can't find any quotes to that effect.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 09:58 PM   #174
Minoosh
Philosopher

I don't think she's had all that much work. New knockers and something around the nose. Great teeth. Maybe some fillers here and there. Whoever did it, they're pretty damn good. Before and after, she looks like herself.

I would agree that money doesn't hurt except it can, actually. Like the man who wants to become a living Ken doll or the lady who wants to look like a lion. But it doesn't hurt to have, or be, an expert stylist to puts looks together with hair, eyebrows, wardrobe, makeup, etc.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 12:24 AM   #175
Planigale
Illuminator

Clearly Ivanka is smarter than her father.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47968745
Trump offered her the position of president of the world bank 'because she is good with numbers' , Ivanka at least had the good sense to refuse. Clearly Trump does not understand what the world bank really does.

Chelsea Clinton at least seems to have some qualifications for the post.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 12:27 AM   #176
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
Clearly Ivanka is smarter than her father.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47968745
Trump offered her the position of president of the world bank 'because she is good with numbers' , Ivanka at least had the good sense to refuse. Clearly Trump does not understand what the world bank really does.

Chelsea Clinton at least seems to have some qualifications for the post.
Nepotism, anyone?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 04:29 AM   #177
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
You don't get it -

It was a compliment!
Was is the operative word. No way would Trump still be interested, she's way too old for him...
Old 18th April 2019, 04:33 PM   #178
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Was is the operative word. No way would Trump still be interested, she's way too old for him...
You're getting mixed up - Biden is the one who likes the very young chicks.

To give the devil his due, Trump has only molested women over the age of consent, and since his cherished Ivanka is 10 years younger than Melania and he was definitely doing Melania 13 years ago, I'd say age isn't an issue.
Old 19th April 2019, 04:20 AM   #179
dann
Philosopher

But ...
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2019, 04:28 AM   #180
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

There was also a rape allegation from someone who claimed to be 14 at the time.
Old 19th April 2019, 06:15 PM   #181
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by dann View Post
Did he have sex with any of them? Did he try to?

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
There was also a rape allegation from someone who claimed to be 14 at the time.
"Allegation" "Claimed"

Very damning.
Old 19th April 2019, 07:45 PM   #182
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator

"Allegation" "Claimed"

Very damning.
That's what they said about Rolf Harris, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby... The days of 'claimed allegations' being dismissed out of hand are over.
Old 19th April 2019, 08:51 PM   #183
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Did he have sex with any of them? Did he try to?

"Allegation" "Claimed"

Very damning.
Did he have sex with them or try to? Is that your standard for the repetition of the Creepy Uncle Joe meme? 'Cuz no one, to my knowledge, has even hinted that Biden was making sexual advances. The complaint is that he's just plain out of touch (or "out of touchy-feely") with standard public behavior and how it's shifted in the last fifty years.

You derailed your own thread with the Biden Meme and are now applying a double standard? Something's amiss, here.

Old 19th April 2019, 09:12 PM   #184
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
That's what they said about Rolf Harris, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby... The days of 'claimed allegations' being dismissed out of hand are over.
I think you'll find the way it works is this:

Allegation -> police charge -> court hearing -> conviction -> jail.

The trail with Trump stops at the first of those.

Neil de Grasse Tyson & Brett Kavanaugh had allegations against them, but since neither was charged, far less found guilty, it doesn't seem to have done them any harm.

Did he have sex with them or try to? Is that your standard for the repetition of the Creepy Uncle Joe meme? 'Cuz no one, to my knowledge, has even hinted that Biden was making sexual advances. The complaint is that he's just plain out of touch (or "out of touchy-feely") with standard public behavior and how it's shifted in the last fifty years.

You derailed your own thread with the Biden Meme and are now applying a double standard? Something's amiss, here.
No, it was me being wrongly hyperbolic: mea culpa. Fair point to you for picking it up.

A better way of putting it would have been "Did he touch any of them inappropriately?"

I'm pretty sure that claim isn't made for the dressing room incident, so there isn't any possible criminal behaviour there, unlike Creepy Joe. Rubbing your hands over a female's breast area, whether developed or not, is sexual assault.

I would be completely unsurprised if one of the Trump PACs will has at least one woman waiting for Biden to win the nomination - assuming that happens - before unleashing actual charges against him.
Old 20th April 2019, 01:34 AM   #185
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

"Allegation" "Claimed"

Very damning.
Whether or not you consider it "damning", it's an indication that your statement that "Trump has only molested women over the age of consent" may be incorrect.

He's also been reported as saying that he was more sexually attracted to Ivanka than his wife, when Ivanka was 13. And there was a case that it's hard to find again because the relevant search terms are pulling up articles about Epstein's relationship with Trump, where Trump publicly said about a group of 8 year old girls that if they were a little older he'd be their boyfriend which, at the very least, indicates that he thinks of young girls in that manner.

Nothing that's stuck, certainly, but there should be enough there to want to add a "that we know of for sure" to the end of your statement.
Old 20th April 2019, 09:42 AM   #186
dann
Philosopher

You don't hear this one much nowadays:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2019, 02:48 PM   #187
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Nothing that's stuck, certainly, but there should be enough there to want to add a "that we know of for sure" to the end of your statement.
I don't see any need to do that. Like I said, the burden of proof is on the prosecution.

Mate, I'd love to see the slimy skunk behind bars for raping underage girls, and you could double how happy I'd be if they managed to put that piece of ****, Prince Andrew, in the cell next door.

But it's not going to happen.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics