ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth

View Poll Results: When will the AE911 petition reach juggernaut strength of 1%?
20 years 2 0.93%
50 years 2 0.93%
Never 79 36.57%
Who cares?….it's retarded anyway..... 133 61.57%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th November 2016, 09:04 AM   #881
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Criteria View Post
Is this all your own work or does it come from some fan site?
My own work, or else I would provide citations and give credit. I know, those are alien concepts to many truthers.
Old 13th November 2016, 09:09 AM   #882
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
My own work, or else I would provide citations and give credit. I know, those are alien concepts to many truthers.
Using the word alien and truthers in the same sentence could seriously derail this thread.

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2016, 04:43 PM   #883
Criteria
Critical Thinker

I haven't posted graphs for the development of the Petition in a long while.

Without much comment, let me quickly dump where they were at the end of October 2016:

A&EOther Supporters
monthlyhttp://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/...pstof9ekn3.gif
quarterly[url=http://s1088.photobucket.com/user/MikeAlfaromeo/media/AE911T/OS_Quarter_PerDay_20161101_zpsfzad4zrq.gif.html]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/....gif[/img]
annually

And here my favorite graph, which shows how much better or worse each quarter-year did compared to the quarter one year earlier:

This demonstrates alternating long phases of effort and long phases of decline. The current phase, which began a year ago, is mostly their continued effort to verify and add to the online DB signatures they collected on paper at various professional conventions since May 2015, after they had almost stopped verifying any signatures for a year previous to that. Since they hardly collected any paper signatures from non-professional fools, the development of the "Other signers" has mostly decoupled from the A&E: The latter seem to be doing relatively well, the former continue to decline into obscurity.
My own work, or else I would provide citations and give credit.

I know, those are alien concepts to many truthers.
My guess is the average reader is wondering why anyone would waste so much time and energy on such a pointless exercise.

Ask all the smart pollsters whose analysis determined Hillary to be a statistical 'shoo-in'.

Your statistical analysis is little more than doodling.

Last edited by Criteria; 13th November 2016 at 04:50 PM.
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2016, 05:28 PM   #884
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

My guess is the average reader is wondering why anyone would waste so much time and energy on such a pointless exercise.

Ask all the smart pollsters whose analysis determined Hillary to be a statistical 'shoo-in'.

AE911T is spending money and time to pimp those numbers - do you have a guess why they do that? Is that a waste of time and energy, too?

They write newsletters celebrating so-and-so many onehundredthousands of Likes, or so-and-so many new signatures from this or that convention - but the facts are that the vast majority of Likes are faked and bought, and the signatures don't actually materialize.
They announce at the beginning of the year that they want to reach 3,000 signature by 9/11/2016 - but fail to announced they FAILED to reach that goal by a wiiiiiiiiide margin.
Most of all, they pretend year after year after year how the Twoof Movement is growing ever closer to the tipping point as it reaches the masses and millions - while all of that is removed from the truth by orders of magnitude and there is practically no growth any longer - certainly no organic growth (there never was organic growth at any time after 2006)
Doesn't all of this strike you as systematically fraudulent?

My effort is spent to demask AE911T more and more as the fraud they are.

Last edited by Oystein; 13th November 2016 at 05:32 PM.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2016, 07:46 PM   #885
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

It expose Richard Gage as an idiot with a pathetic following of less than 0.1 percent of all engineers.

And your post about 'shoo-in', you have fallen for the BS story, a made up story to sell soap, that the polls failed. A story to keep the masses amused, as the MSM sells soap, and fools gullible people with a fake story about polls. What is the error... lol, math, not used by 9/11 truth pushers of woo.

A few seconds of doodling, exposes Gage as a failure. Why are you doodling lies from 9/11 truth? Why can't you see the fraud of 9/11 truth.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2016, 10:51 PM   #886
Notconvinced
Critical Thinker

As a true fan of AE911's mission, I'll point out to the board that they now have over 2700 verified professionals, with an increasing number of ivy league, ex-military, and retired defense contractor signatories.
Notconvinced is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2016, 12:31 AM   #887
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Criteria

At least Oystein has statistical analysis.
Compare with this, if you please:

Originally Posted by Notconvinced View Post
As a true fan of AE911's mission, I'll point out to the board that they now have over 2700 verified professionals, with an increasing number of ivy league, ex-military, and retired defense contractor signatories.
No detail at all: no names, no numbers, no links, nothing. Just bare assertion.

Here, in a nutshell, is the difference between the truthers and the debunkers.
Old 14th November 2016, 08:10 AM   #888
Georgio
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Here, in a nutshell, is the difference between the truthers and the debunkers.
Very bad timing for that statement as the post immediately before Notconvinced's is also a perfect match for your description (No detail at all: no names, no numbers, no links, nothing. Just bare assertion.):

Quote:
And your post about 'shoo-in', you have fallen for the BS story, a made up story to sell soap, that the polls failed. A story to keep the masses amused, as the MSM sells soap, and fools gullible people with a fake story about polls. What is the error... lol, math, not used by 9/11 truth pushers of woo.
Old 14th November 2016, 08:21 AM   #889
Criteria
Critical Thinker

"My guess is the average reader is wondering why anyone would waste so much time and energy on such a pointless exercise.

Your statistical analysis is little more than doodling."
"AE911T is spending money and time to pimp those numbers - do you have a guess why they do that? Is that a waste of time and energy, too?"
The 'pimping' is the self promotion of your time and effort to "squeeze blood from a stone".

In this case your exhaustive and ultimately superficial analysis of AE911T's membership list.
"They write newsletters celebrating so-and-so many onehundredthousands of Likes, or so-and-so many new signatures from this or that convention - but *the facts are that the vast majority of Likes are faked and bought, and the signatures don't actually materialize."
*You are surmising the truth that appeals to you.

AE911T is essentially a professional lobby.

How are they atypical of such a lobby?

A lobby organization spawned by concerned citizens who want to know the truth about 9/11?

In case you haven't noticed, 9/11 created an America so desperate that, for better or for worse, we now have President Donald Trump.
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2016, 09:01 AM   #890
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

The 'pimping' is the self promotion of your time and effort to "squeeze blood from a stone".

In this case your exhaustive and ultimately superficial analysis of AE911T's membership list.

*You are surmising the truth that appeals to you.

A lobby organization spawned by concerned citizens who want to know the truth about 9/11?

In case you haven't noticed, 9/11 created an America so desperate that, for better or for worse, we now have President Donald Trump.
What an amazingly fact and content free post. The only significant lobbying by AE911 is of their donors, to keep their self-licking ice cream cone going. Oh wait, they managed tangentially to get a clarification on a 1" drawing discrepancy. In all their years of existence.
Old 14th November 2016, 09:37 AM   #891
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

... to "squeeze blood from a stone".
Like evidence to support 9/11 truth dumbed down claims, like "squeezing blood from a stone". Where is 9/11 truth evidence? Yes, the empty set.

proves 9/11 truth is a fringe group of nuts who believe in lies about 9/11. A cult, a religion of woo.

You are surmising the truth that appeals to you.
Surmising, perfect for the liars like Gage. You failed to realize there is only evidence against 9/11 truth claims, no evidence for support.

Based on lies and BS. The super-nano-BS Lobby, based on extra ignorance.

Spreading lies, no value. Fooling paranoid conspiracy theorists who can't think for themselves - What a lobby.
A lobby spawned by complete and willful ignorance; spreading lies about 9/11.

? Got some evidence for this? No. 9/11 truth, an opinion based failed lobby spreading lies dumbed down to fool the gullible.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2016, 12:39 PM   #892
Myriad
Hyperthetical

As a true fan of AE911's mission…

If I were a true fan of AE911's mission, I'd be more than a little disappointed that they have done so little to forward that mission. They say they have over 2700 verified professionals but they can't get professional studies done or professional papers written.

Lack of success is excusable, when the mission is challenging. I still give money to environmental organizations that support anti climate change measures, despite carbon emissions being worse than ever. But I know they're engaging in actions favoring that cause, including lobbying (actual face to face meetings with actual pubic officials and community leaders), education and outreach (public face to face discussions, panels, and talks, with real people who are not necessarily already supporters, offered for no charge), and research. I know this because they publish frequent progress reports for their projects, and also because they seek to involve me in those projects when my capabilities are applicable to the task.

If all they were doing were taking my money, and using it to build their mailing list of more people to ask for money, that would quickly result in the cessation of my support.
Old 15th November 2016, 01:24 PM   #893
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

As a true fan of AE911's mission, I'll point out to the board that they now have over 2700 verified professionals, with an increasing number ivy league, ex-military, and retired defense contractor signatories.
How do you know any of the increase comes from ivy league, ex-military, and retired defense contractors?

AE has an organized process to add signatures.
They do not have an organized process to remove the signatures of those who change their mind[*]. That's why the only way is up.

However, the increase is miniscule. There is no organic growth, and no hope at all to ever make the total number significant within our lifetimes.
Essentially, they are adding almost zero to almost zero and get almost zero still.

[*] It appears obvious for example that many of those architects who paper-signed at the 2015 and 1016 AIA conventions had second thoughts, as nowhere near the announced number of signers could ever be verified to the online petition.
Old 15th November 2016, 01:53 PM   #894
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

First Gage (and Fetzer and Wood and Griffin and Bollyn and ...), now Trump. Yes. This was a hugely successful terror attack that KSM and OBL hatched there. America going bonkers
Old 23rd November 2016, 01:16 PM   #895
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

"News" have been published at a very slow pace at ae911truth.org lately. Only one item per month the last three months.

Yesterday this:
AE911Truth Goes Grassroots at State Architecture Conventions
I quote the bit that interests me:
Originally Posted by AE911T
At the five state conventions we've attended thus far — in Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, and New Jersey — ...
One of every three who look at the video end up signing AE911Truth’s petition on the spot. Nearly 100 attendees of the state conventions we have been to so far have added their names to the growing list of sponsors of next year’s WTC 7 resolution.
100 new sponsors for next year's AIA resolution.
No number for new petition signers - but sounds to me as if that number is even higher than 100.

Currently, they have officially 2722 verified A&E signatures. That's up 368 since before the AIA Convention two and a half years ago. Since then, they have on at least four occasions reported to have collected 100+ more signatures. Obviously, those can't all have been verified. And it seems to follow that, in addition to those hand-collected signatures, they get almost nothing anymore from the online form.
Old 24th November 2016, 05:36 AM   #896
JSanderO
Master Poster

It hardly matters... the ignorant and uninformed will buy their slick pitch and not much will change. Money will continue to trickle in... but I suspect their old supporters will not not be carrying on their financial support. They will change nothing... only represent a false hope for the fanatics who don't ever believe anything from the USG or the media... both of which do spin all the time. The problem is that both the USG and the media contain enough elements of truth the figure things out... the alt sources such as AE contain no real facts or *revelations*... it's all marketing and shock and awe.

It's a way to identify the naive and the gullible.
Old 24th November 2016, 08:35 AM   #897
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
It hardly matters... the ignorant and uninformed will buy their slick pitch and not much will change. Money will continue to trickle in... but I suspect their old supporters will not not be carrying on their financial support. They will change nothing... only represent a false hope for the fanatics who don't ever believe anything from the USG or the media... both of which do spin all the time. The problem is that both the USG and the media contain enough elements of truth the figure things out... the alt sources such as AE contain no real facts or *revelations*... it's all marketing and shock and awe.

It's a way to identify the naive and the gullible.
It appears that in your view of the world, major corporations selling News-for-profit should be granted more trust than small not-for-profit organizations.

You are content to believe that Mass Media is promoting sufficient "elements of truth" that you can figure out what it is they never want to talk about.

The National Mass Media have never sanctioned an in-depth balanced story about WTC7 or nano-thermite.

And it is not from lack of public interest!

As long as controversial News stories are vetted by those who really decide what gets published, corporate management, the Mass Media will continue to practise News Avoidance.

In all honesty, can you not admit that your past toxic history with the AE911T management has poisoned your opinion about them?
Old 24th November 2016, 09:48 AM   #898
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

The National Mass Media have never sanctioned an in-depth balanced story about WTC7 or nano-thermite.

And it is not from lack of public interest!
It is precisely from lack of public interest! No one gives a damn.

The only story about WTC7 and thermite themselves is that it really is no story, just a fool's errand and a hoax; the only story is this tiny tiny insignificant fringe of fools who harrass professionals and a gullible few at conventions, occasionally on the street, and on YouTube. And because these gullibles are so few and so insiginificant, no one should give a damn.
And so no one gives a damn, really.
Those few they harrass so much at the AIA national and state conventions that they sign the bogus petitions obviously often have second thoughts - their names never appear on the lists, evan after YEARS.
And no one gives a damn, really, except me, who faithfully documents this ongoing failure.
Old 24th November 2016, 10:49 AM   #899
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

It appears that in your view of the world, major corporations selling News-for-profit should be granted more trust than small not-for-profit organizations.
"not-for-profit" supposedly gains in veracity solely by that measure?

Really??
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2016, 11:07 AM   #900
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

At Metabunk, Mick West wrote a nice piece demasking another AE911T propaganda piece:

False Authority: "Thoughts From a Former NIST Employee" on 9/11

Short verion:
A former NIST employee who had nothing to do with the WTC investigations and who has absolutely no background in engineering, forensics or any other relevant education whatsoever, watched CT "documentaries" on YT and now repeats the same old, long debunked talking points ("free fall!" etc).
AE911T spins this as if this guy were an authority worth listening to.
Old 28th November 2016, 03:31 PM   #901
JSanderO
Master Poster

I noticed the list of people on the 911 teleconference... not one has a science or engineering background except Wayne Coste and Dwain Deets... most are activists... including Griffin... and Gage. But they do know who is lying and what is the truth!
Old 28th November 2016, 03:55 PM   #902
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I noticed the list of people on the 911 teleconference... not one has a science or engineering background except Wayne Coste and Dwain Deets... most are activists... including Griffin... and Gage. But they do know who is lying and what is the truth!
The Ken Freeland/Craig McKee one?
Attendance is changing steadily over time. I'd guess that as much as a hundred different people dialled in during the past two or three years. I have no time to check everyone's background. David Slesinger calls in sometimes, and I believe he is an engineer - I could be mistaken though.

It is ironic that Coste, Deets and Slesinger are usually representing minority opinions on that call (example: Coste did a couple of debates on the Pentagon plane or no-plane issue, with him presenting the yes-plane side, and when a vote was taken, he was the loser by a wide margin).
Old 9th December 2016, 03:23 PM   #903
Mark F
Graduate Poster

At Metabunk, Mick West wrote a nice piece demasking another AE911T propaganda piece:

Short verion:
A former NIST employee who had nothing to do with the WTC investigations and who has absolutely no background in engineering, forensics or any other relevant education whatsoever, watched CT "documentaries" on YT and now repeats the same old, long debunked talking points ("free fall!" etc).
AE911T spins this as if this guy were an authority worth listening to.
It appears Mr. Ketcham is going after his 15 minutes and flying in special from Wisconsin just to help AE911T celebrate the Boston Tea Party anniversary with 9/11 woo.

And Hulsey will be there too!

Quote:
Boston Tea Party Anniversary:

Back-to-Back Days of Inspiring Events

Wherever you are next week, find a way to join AE911Truth for two stimulating events in Boston on December 16 and 17 — the anniversary of the historic Boston Tea Party in 1773.

Peter Michael Ketcham, the former NIST employee who recently spoke out in Europhysics News, will be coming from Wisconsin for his first public appearance, and Dr. Leroy Hulsey, the engineering professor who is approaching the completion of his WTC 7 computer modeling study, will be flying in all the way from Alaska. We look forward to seeing you there, too!

Friday, December 16
The Third Tower:
Solving the Collapse of World Trade Center 7
Old 9th December 2016, 05:54 PM   #904
ozeco41
Philosopher

You have to feel sorry for any PhD graduate whose work was supervised by Hulsey.

Talk about "asset depreciation"....
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2016, 11:52 AM   #905
Mark F
Graduate Poster

A Q&A session in Boston with Mr. Ketcham would be fun.

Q. Mr. Ketcham, while employed at NIST were you involved in any capacity in either the NIST studies of the WTC Twin Tower or 7 WTC collapses?

Q. Did you first have concerns about the NIST WTC building performance reports while you were still with NIST or after you left?

Q. What triggered your concern about the accuracy of the NIST WTC building performance reports?

Q. What is your structural engineering background?

Q. When you started having concerns about the accuracy of the NIST WTC building performance reports did you consult with any independent structural engineers about your concerns?

Q. I imagine after working so long at NIST you must have friends, acquaintances or former collegues there that you could get in touch with, some of whom presumably were involved in the production of those reports. Have you been in contact with anyone at your former employer about your concerns?

Q. You were employed by NIST while the WTC building performance reports were being conducted. Did you at any time hear from anyone at NIST any concerns about political meddling or deliberate falsification of data contained within those reports or in the conclusions?
Old 10th December 2016, 12:10 PM   #906
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Let me quote everything from Mr. Ketcham's statement that is about NIST and its WTC investigations, that Mr. Ketcham knows from his own, personal experiences and research:

Originally Posted by PM Ketcham
The NIST I knew was intellectually open, non-defensive, and willing to consider competing explanations.
there is little that I could add [to "all the reasons why the NIST WTC reports don't add up"].
And that is it!
What I cut out was
...Ketcham's vita
...Ketcham's feelings about NIST's WTC reports
...what he learned from internet videos
...several questions he asked

In short, Ketcham has only praise for the way NIST conducts business, and has little more to add.

A competent interviewer would get Ketcham to admit that this is actually the full extent of his original contribution to the debate: That NIST, according to his own experiences, is intellectually honest and open to competing theories.
Old 11th December 2016, 05:22 AM   #907
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

For an internal critique of AE911T's lack of outreach success toward a new investigation, and the organizational reconciliation with Wayne Coste's Truth Outreach/Truth Action Project, see my other post in the "Petitions" thread:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...8#post11624518
Old 26th February 2017, 06:16 AM   #908
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Has anybody seen AE911Truth's IRS Form 990 for fiscal 2015 posted publicly anywhere? guidestar.org doesn't have it yet.

I have a copy that contains at least one gross error - not sure if a correction is in the making and has been done. This would be awfully late, for the absolutely latest day to submit a correct form would have been (around) November 15.

Here is my copy of the 2015 Form 990:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...turn%20990.pdf

The problem is that Richard Gage, nor any other board member, received no compensation according to the statements in Part VII / page 7 (page 8 of the PDF) - $0, and the check box "neither organization nor any related organization compensated any current officer, director, or trustee". However, Part IX/page 10 (11) lists "5 Compensation of current officers, directors, trustees, and key employees" as $85,000.

This amount is what Gage paid himself in several of recent years, so I assume it''s what he paid himself this year, too.

Also, im Part I, line 12, they list "Total revenue" as $696,542, after $606,571 in 2014.
However, in Schedula A Part II (page 15 of the PDF), they list 2015 Total support as 844,231+833+2,336 = $847,400 - a discrepancy of ~$150,000!? The 2014 value on the other hand does add up - 605,470+1,101 = $606,571.

I wonder if this accounting mess earns them trouble with the IRS.
Old 26th February 2017, 01:23 PM   #909
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

This can be filed in the for what it's worth catagory.

Some will remember that AE911 was reported by California charity registration as "delinquent" in their filings.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post11672133

This status is still in effect as of 1/30/17. It's due to a filing error they have not corrected from 2013. They did not file a 2012 form 990 with their 2013 RRF application.

This is a letter outlining the problem with a 30 day demand for compliance dated 1/30/17.

http://rct.doj.ca.gov/Verification/W...027b8f802aa708

This is simply sloppy accounting practice.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 26th February 2017 at 01:29 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2017, 01:46 PM   #910
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
... They did not file a 2012 form 990 with their 2013 RRF application.

This is a letter outlining the problem with a 30 day demand for compliance dated 1/30/17.

This is slightly weird, for I do have their 2012 Form 990, with Schedule B attached. Schould I help them? ^^

The AG's Office has accept the filings for 2015, but the documents are not available.
Old 26th February 2017, 01:47 PM   #911
Whip
Muse

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
This can be filed in the for what it's worth catagory.

Some will remember that AE911 was reported by California charity registration as "delinquent" in their filings.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post11672133

This status is still in effect as of 1/30/17. It's due to a filing error they have not corrected from 2013. They did not file a 2012 form 990 with their 2013 RRF application.

I say an investigation is warranted. they seem to be keen on those.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2017, 10:42 AM   #912
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

For years now, I have been blogging about AE911T's petition, and how poorly it has performed in the almost 10 years it's been around.

And now, they put on Facebook a post showing how great 2800+ signatures are.

Huh?
Ah!
We are being mislead

According to US Census Bureau reports, there is a total of 2,728,000 architects and engineers in the US.
No link provided, and I cannot find a recent raw statistic, but this cannot be accurate. I found this - "Pathway after a Bachelor's degree in engineering".
This tells me that the number of people with an engineering degree, aged 25-64, and working full-time, year round is 2.8 million. This excludes all those older than 64 and not working full time, year round, and it doesn't include the architects.
AE, you got your base wrong. If you include all the older and non-working engineers, you'll approach 4 million.

The number of architects and engineers who have signed the AE911Truth petition is currently at 2,801, or .1% of the total number of AEs.
Misleading!
The 2800+ include non-US AEs! The US-only AEs are only near 2,200; engineers number only in the vicinity of 1,500. This is well under 0.05% of the degreed engineers in the USA.

that this small but ever-growing number represents architects and engineers who have looked at the evidence for the explosive demolition of all 3 WTC skyscrapers, were disturbed by what they saw, and had the backbone to do something about it.
Doubtful. Laughable.

this evidence has been suppressed by the media and that the other 99.9% may have never been exposed to it.
What? Gage is claiming he never exposed any architect or engineer beyond those who signed?? How patently dishonest is that?!

AE911Lies - bringing you woo and disinfo since 2006.
Old 7th March 2017, 03:39 AM   #913
JSanderO
Master Poster

Gage and AE are a marketing operation the purpose of which seems to be to keep them "in business"... but getting donations from naive people who think AE has discovered something and is trying to get officialdom to accept their fiction.

People who sign their petition have NOT studied the events in detail any more than the average person who was informed by the "media" as it happened and in the days, weeks and months immediately after. Probably none of their signers have read any of the official reports... But it's more likely that they viewed 911 truth videos etc on the www.

The evidence does not suggest anything different from the official narrative and there is no reason to believe that evidence has been withheld or tampered with to cover up an inside job.

These disgruntled narcissists will not go away as long as they can make a buck, and feel like a big fish in a small pond. Nothing will come of their marketing... and they have nothing to contribute related to engineering or science.

This has become very boring.
Old 7th March 2017, 08:13 AM   #914
benthamitemetric
Critical Thinker

Gage and AE are a marketing operation the purpose of which seems to be to keep them "in business"... but getting donations from naive people who think AE has discovered something and is trying to get officialdom to accept their fiction.

This has become very boring.
Indeed. Also worth repeatedly pointing out, however, that there is not a single fire science or tall building expert who is signatory to the AE911Truth petition. Not one. Of those with the expertise to analyze and opine upon collapse events in the most detail, Tony and his AE911Truther troupe have managed to persuade exactly zero people re the need for a new investigation (let alone that such need stems from some affirmative evidence of controlled demolition of any of the WTC buildings). And AE911Truth could have hired ARUP or some other group professional forensic experts to conduct their own investigation, but instead they hired a bridge expert who never lead a forensic investigation in his life. Unsurprisingly, this expert, who was obviously not chosen because he was best qualified in any of the relevant areas (tall buildings, fire science, forensic investigations), managed to come to an incredible conclusion (claiming to have proved a negative) while at the same time admitting his team hasn't even finished the work to reach any conclusion. And now the Plasco chutzpah.

It's all a bad joke at this point, but, as long as these jokers are going to invest time and effort deceiving people for donations, then there needs to be a place where people can find their way back to reality.

Last edited by benthamitemetric; 7th March 2017 at 08:15 AM.
benthamitemetric is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 11:10 AM   #915
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I am dumping a bit of analysis here which will probably be a boring read and perhaps hard to grasp.
This is mainly for my own records.

The background is the fact that AE911T has focused on architecture conventions in the last two years, where they tried to collect on-paper signatures to add to their Petition. They have variously said that they got more than 100 new signatures here and >100 sigs there - and I have previously reported that those numbers did not appear in the online petition, even after many months.
So I decided to look back how the number of "Licensed Architects" increased compared to all others, and to estimate how many "paper" signatures have been added to the online listing.

In February 2011 (an arbitrary "long ago" starting point), the petition had 1434 signatures. 235 of these, or 16.4%, were "Licensed Architects".
In the almost four following years, that percentage dropped to 14.5% (334 of 2308 on December 01, 2014). What happened there is that, while the number of engineers increased by about 60% and the number of non-US signatories by over 80%, the number of architects increased by only 42%.
It seems that Gage, being an AIA architect, had relatively more success with architects in the earlier years of his endeavour: By 2011, he appeared to have signed more than 0.1% of the AIA and of the licensed architects, but hardly 0.02% of the licensed engineers, for example. It seems natural that he would struggle to keep up those rates.

At the 2015 AIA Convention, always held in spring, they announced they had signed >150 new "members", but half a year later, only 6 new licensed architects appeared online - +1.8%, compared to 1.7% for the entire list. This was a time when they simply did not verify new signatures for 5 straight months.

And so it were that on 01 December 2015, the licensed architects were 14.4% of the total signatories - near an all-time low.

Since then, the licensed architects have increased by 53.8%, while all other signatures increased by only 14.5%. The growth rate of the architects exceeds that of all other categories by a factor of 3.7.
The absolute increase was +185 signatures (from 344 to 529).
It seems obvious that the bulk of these are the paper-signatures collected at conventions since spring 2015.
Had the number of architects increased at the same rate as the other categories, they would have picked up 50 new licensed architects (14.5% of 344).

The difference: +185-50 = 135 signatures, is a good first estimate of the number of paper-signatures from 2 years worth of architecture conventions.

There have been 3 AIA Conventions since 2015, and several other architecture conventions, and at least 3 times they claimes to have signed up >100 people. Sounds like 400-500 signatures - but only a third of that is actually there.

On 11/23/2016, I quoted a news item, saying that they had won 100+ supporters for their 2017 AIA resolution proposal. I have checked the names that appeared on the resolution pamphlet they mailed in December:
http://www.ae911truth.org/images/PDF...Reply-Card.pdf
They list 173 AIA members by name, but only 40% of these appear on the online Petition today.
Old 25th May 2017, 11:38 AM   #916
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I am dumping a bit of analysis here which will probably be a boring read and perhaps hard to grasp.
This is mainly for my own records.
[snip]
If the above is tl;dr for you, here is a summary:

Until 12/2015, "licensed architects" were only about 15% of the AE Petition signers.
Since then (the last 1.5 years), the absolute number of "licensed architects" increased by 54%, while all other signatories increased by only 14.5%.
From this, we can estimate that they added roughly 135 "licensed architects" from paper signatures they collected at various architecture convention.
This number, 135, is far short of the several hundred signatures AE911Truth claimed they got at those several conventions.

In addition, they coaxed 173 AIA members towards supporting their 2017 AIA resolution proposal, but only 40% of those have to-date appeared on the online Petition.

Last edited by Oystein; 25th May 2017 at 11:39 AM.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2017, 01:27 PM   #917
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

10 Years AE911T Online Petition

My first numbers for the online petition, from the Wayback machine, date back to May 2007. The first real entry in my master spreadsheet is:
DateA&EOthers
05/30/20078338

Initially, they had more architects & engineers than other supporters; I suppose they started off with entering some signatures they had got before anything was online.

As of June 01, 2017, those numbers had grown to:
DateA&EOthers
06/01/20172,87421,697

These absolute numbers grew like this:

Both categories had their fastest growth in 2009/2010. Since then, the "other supporters" slowed steadily from year to year. The peak was at 12.7 signatures/day. This last year had a record low of 1.8 other supporters/day.
The A&E however rebounded after a record low in 2014/15, and have of late been back to 2010/11 levels. As I explained in my previous posts, much of this increase comes from targeting architects at conventions with paper forms. More than a quarter (and quite possibly half) of the new A%E in the past two years came that way.

I have also been tracking the number of page hits their homepage ae911truth.org has received since that time:

The number of daily page hits has mostly oszillated near the 4000 to 6000/day range since late 2010, with marked peaks at the September anniversaries of 9/11 in most years.
This seems to show stalling interest by the public despite alleged increase in public awareness and support.

Their Facebook page, facebook.com/ae911truth, started somewhat later. For some reason that I can't remember, my first line bears the date 02/28/2009 with 1 "Like". The first documented number of "Likes" that I have was 88,725 on 08/23/2012.
I started monitoring this in earnest in late 2014. Here are my graphs:

I have several times commented on the implausibility that the dynamics would fluctuate so much. Particularly: Between April and October 2016 (7 months), each month saw more than 220, and up to 550, Likes/day. Since then (7 months), it was under 110 Likes/day every month - and negative (-10) in April, when apparently Facebook deleted more than 2000 Likes or accounts.

Here the same, cumulated on years:

2016 had 300 Likes/Day on average, 2017 so far only 1/6 of that.

I am totally convinced that AE911T bought the vast majority of their 110,000 Likes in 2016. I guess that Facebook tipped them off to stop doing that, or else the account might get suspended.
Old 7th June 2017, 04:03 AM   #918
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

AE911's mission is to fleece idiots away from their money.

Why are you a fan of that?
Old 18th June 2017, 06:51 AM   #919
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Richard Gage lives in Idaho now.

On AE911Truth's internet resources, I came across a document the other day, dated June 2016, that shows a house and plot labeled "Richard Gage", with the following address:

71 Garden Pond Ln
Sagle, ID 83860

He used to live in Walnut Creek, CA, and is currently still listed as a resident of Lafayette, CA on the AE911T petition.
So I Googled his name and "Idaho" and found the following information:
https://www.beenverified.com/people/...gage-44524524/
https://www.mylife.com/rich-gage/rich_gage
https://www.facebook.com/RichardGageAIA
  • Richard Thomas Gage
  • born January 20, 1955 (62 years old)
  • Divorced
  • In a relationship with Gail Griffen, from Sandpoint, ID (now Sagle)
  • Current address: 71 Garden Pond Ln, Sagle, Idaho 83860
  • Former addresses: 1862 Cannon Dr, Walnut Creek, CA, 94597 | 3527 Mt Diablo Blvd # 370, Lafayette, CA, 94549 | H* ** # ****, Livingston, MT, 59047
  • old Phone: +1 925-9399002 (that's Walnut Creek, CA, not Idaho)
  • Email: rtgage@pacbell.net
  • Education: Del Valle High School, Walnut Creek, CA (Class of 1973) | University of Southern California (1982-86)
  • Used to work as Project Manager at Akol & yoshii architects

They have a little MeetUp group in the Sagle/Sandpoint area:
https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/Sandpoint911Truth/
Interesting topics - every 4th friday of the month is "Rabbit Hole Friday", and on this Tuesday, Richard invites everyone to his home who is "interested in setting up emergency radio communications for our larger Sandpoint/Sagle community as well as here in our Hidden Valley Ranch neighborhood". The instructor will be Ken Pedevilla of the North Idaho Oath Keepers. Gage seems to really have gone down the rabbit hole there in the Idaho panhandle!

(Note: All this information is publicly available on the world wide web)
Old 18th June 2017, 03:52 PM   #920
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I wonder if he's helping with the bills...................

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories