ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th September 2016, 05:15 AM   #1
Airfix
Critical Thinker

Debunking911.com is down

All the site is down, only Apache hosting pages are visible.
Airfix is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 05:31 AM   #2
MileHighMadness
Muse

I blame Gage...
Old 13th September 2016, 05:44 AM   #3
Airfix
Critical Thinker

starting to wonder if it's my own pc that's messed up here, I put apache on it and joomla, now I'm seeing joomla hosting pages...

Odd.

Anyone else having problems with that site ?
Airfix is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 06:30 AM   #4
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Putin!
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 06:35 AM   #5
pgimeno
Illuminator

It must have been hacked...

Seriously though, for some reason the DNS is resolving to 127.0.0.1 which is localhost. It seems like a misconfiguration because the domain is renewed until February 2017.

Adding this line to my /etc/hosts lets me access the site:

69.89.22.141 www.debunking911.com

(in Windows that file is called /windows/system/drivers/etc/hosts rather than /etc/hosts)

Last edited by pgimeno; 13th September 2016 at 08:00 AM.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 06:37 AM   #6
Airfix
Critical Thinker

That's not working for me either.
Old 13th September 2016, 10:25 PM   #7
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

I get a blank page.
rjh01 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2016, 04:39 PM   #8
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, but did it come down at freefall speed?
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2016, 04:46 PM   #9
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Oh snap.

Shame on the rest of us for not going there first
Old 15th September 2016, 04:59 PM   #10
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I'm almost afraid to ask. How fast is that, anyways?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2016, 05:14 PM   #11
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

We all know it's acceleration, and Web sites tend to follow Moore's Law in that respect I believe.
Old 15th September 2016, 06:57 PM   #12
Wolrab
Illuminator

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
It's the amount of time it takes to say clunkety, clunkety, clunkety... 110 times IIRC.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2016, 09:36 PM   #13
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
It's the amount of time it takes to say clunkety, clunkety, clunkety... 110 times IIRC.
Oh how I miss those days!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2016, 10:40 PM   #14
mopc
Scholar

almost makes it worthwhile
mopc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2016, 06:00 AM   #15
thedopefishlives
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
Oh how I miss those days!
MSPaintFire was my favorite. That was the first debunking I participated in.
Old 17th September 2016, 01:31 PM   #16
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
Wins the thread!
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2016, 01:51 PM   #17
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by DGM View Post

You shouldn't need to ask if you're older than like twälf, but hey, they say there aren't stupid questions.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 17th September 2016 at 02:16 PM. Reason: making it even easier
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2016, 02:20 PM   #18
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Still down. Must be bad.
rjh01 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2016, 03:17 PM   #19
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
You shouldn't need to ask if you're older than like twälf, but hey, they say there aren't stupid questions.

http://i.imgur.com/QTVB5aQ.png
Wrong. Freefall is an acceleration, not a velocity.
Old 17th September 2016, 03:27 PM   #20
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Wrong. Freefall is an acceleration, not a velocity.

Freefall is a phenomenon caused by gravity. Your acceleration here is g. Do the math. v is the speed with which the mess hits the ground. If you want the time it takes, go look up how to solve for t. h is the height of your horse.

One of the stoopitest pantomime debunking distractions ever.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 17th September 2016 at 03:28 PM.
Old 17th September 2016, 03:43 PM   #21
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

To drive this home to even the twälf years old among the readers: h is the height of the towers in the argument about how they came down. As h is known, there never has been anything wrong with talking about "free fall speed". You just expect people to be able to solve an equation taught to twälf years old, or better you don't insult people's intelligence by pretending that they don't know that g is a constant (depending on where you are) if you are intending to engage in civilized debate.

That is the quality of 9/11 "debunking", good for a free fall joke in the clubhouse 15 years later. Congratulations.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 17th September 2016 at 03:45 PM.
Old 17th September 2016, 04:43 PM   #22
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Freefall is a phenomenon caused by gravity. Your acceleration here is g. Do the math. v is the speed with which the mess hits the ground. If you want the time it takes, go look up how to solve for t. h is the height of your horse.

No, you're wrong. Freefall means freely falling, i.e. falling so you are weightless, which means at the acceleration of gravity. 9.81 m/s2.

Feel free to be condescending and keep digging a hole, though. It's pretty entertaining for me.
Old 17th September 2016, 04:58 PM   #23
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

If anyone wants to follow this "argument" developing (there's a twitter poll!), I've copied it over to the appropriate thread dealing with the Church of Free Fall. Good luck debunking911.com whatever it was/is/will be.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 17th September 2016 at 04:59 PM.
Old 17th September 2016, 05:07 PM   #24
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

If anyone wants to follow this "argument" developing (there's a twitter poll!), I've copied it over to the appropriate thread dealing with the Church of Free Fall. Good luck debunking911.com whatever it was/is/will be.
Better yet, get to my freefall thread:

Funny, because Freefall is a Truther religious creed.

ETA: Als0 Als0 funny, because in this forum I had a thread showing how freefall is not evidence for controlled demolition, and no Truther could come up with a valid counter to that claim. Would you be the first, CE, or just keep posting jokes to yourself?
Old 17th September 2016, 05:21 PM   #25
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Better yet, get to my freefall thread:

That's not "your thread", that's your freefall argument post from days ago in "my thread" (which I ignored at the time), making nonsensical assertions shown for what they are by what is witnessed here - you running in circles sped up by a basic little equation your mentioned (by you) teachers apparently () left you unaware of.
Old 17th September 2016, 05:41 PM   #26
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

That's not "your thread", that's your freefall argument post from days ago in "my thread" (which I ignored at the time), making nonsensical assertions shown for what they are by what is witnessed here - you running in circles sped up by a basic little equation your mentioned (by you) teachers apparently () left you unaware of.
There's a link in that post. I would put in a hyperlink to an article on hyperlinks to explain that concept, if you'd like. It's a basic concept for the hypertext transfer protocol.
Old 17th September 2016, 05:44 PM   #27
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

There's a link in that post. I would put in a hyperlink to an article on hyperlinks to explain that concept, if you'd like. It's a basic concept for the hypertext transfer protocol.

Old 17th September 2016, 05:58 PM   #28
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

http://i.imgur.com/QTVB5aQ.png
Problems with physics, and acceleration; no wonder you fell for NoC fantasy.

The only way to save this, claim it was humor, like the clowns, CIT.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2016, 04:30 PM   #29
Playing Games
Thinker

Mike Williams was contacted (not by me) about the site being down. He said he didn't know, but provided an alternative link to view it:

http://web.archive.org/web/201608210...unking911.com/
Playing Games is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2016, 05:01 AM   #30
pgimeno
Illuminator

Isn't Mike Williams (MikeW) the owner of 911myths.com ? I don't know who runs debunking911.com but I'm pretty sure it's a different person.
Old 20th September 2016, 06:52 AM   #31
Airfix
Critical Thinker

Site is still down, anyone able to get in touch with it's owner ?
Old 20th September 2016, 08:30 AM   #32
pgimeno
Illuminator

Does anyone know who the owner is, in the first place?

I still can access it with the above modification to my /etc/hosts, which means that the hosting still runs.
Old 20th September 2016, 04:23 PM   #33
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by Airfix View Post
Site is still down, anyone able to get in touch with it's owner ?
If the owners do not know it is down then there is a serious problem. They should be moderating the site to make sure it is operating within normal parameters.
Old 19th January 2017, 10:02 AM   #34
pgimeno
Illuminator

Not sure when it was fixed, but it seems to be up and running again.
Old 19th January 2017, 10:53 AM   #35
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Freefall is a phenomenon caused by gravity. Your acceleration here is g. Do the math. v is the speed with which the mess hits the ground.
Which is NOT what truthers ever refer to. Instead it is the rate of collapse that is being referred to and THAT is an acceleration.
Quote:
If you wish to argue a technical point then it would behoove you to get the simplest of technical details correct so as not to demonstrate illiteracy in the topic you are trying to discuss.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 19th January 2017 at 10:58 AM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories