ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 7th January 2017, 05:25 PM   #1
MrFliop
Scholar

I will be 100% convinced that 9/11 was not an inside job

I will be 100% convinced that 9/11 was not an inside job(right now I am 98% convinced that it was not) if these few remaining questions are answered here

Why does NIST refuse to release their work for public review?
How was molten iron, molten molybdenum, and aluminum oxide produced in the rubble?
How come the steel at the WTC wasn’t analyzed?
Why were there Iron Microspheres(indicating molten Iron floating through the air)discovered in the WTC dust?
If the red chips were normal paint why do they ignite at low temperatures?
Why were there flashes seen in WTC 7’s collapse?
What about the swiss cheese found in WTC7?
Why was there a power down in the weekend before 9/11?
Why did NIST reject the pancake theory?
Why did Bush say there were explosives in the WTC?
If the squibs really are just air ejections why do they have the same color as gypsum and concrete?
Why was there no jolt in the upper sections of the towers collapses?
How did a passport susrvive the plane crash?
Why does thermal imagery show low temps in the towers?
Why are there not any broken windows or huge flames as is such where there are skyscraper infernos?
Why was there a Demolition truck parked next to WTC7?
How did Al Qaeda capture the video of the second plane from underneath the bridge then give it to the FBI with no questions asked?
And all the Wall Street documents destroyed in the 3 buildings?

And basically every claim made in this video
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by MrFliop; 7th January 2017 at 05:48 PM.
MrFliop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 05:46 PM   #2
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by MrFliop View Post
I will be 100% convinced that 9/11 was not an inside job(right now I am 98% convinced that it was not) if these few remaining questions are answered here

How was molten iron, molten molybdenum, and aluminum oxide produced in the rubble?
How come the steel at the WTC wasnt analyzed?
Why were there Iron Microspheres(indicating molten Iron floating through the air)discovered in the WTC dust?
Why were there flashes seen in WTC 7s collapse?
If the squibs really are just air ejections why do they have the same color as gypsum and concrete?
Why are there not any broken windows or huge flames as is such where there are skyscraper infernos?
How did Al Qaeda capture the video of the second plane from underneath the bridge then give it to the FBI with no questions asked?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
I have been answering those questions for years at this point it just isn't worth the effort anymore.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 06:10 PM   #3
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

I'm 98% convinced that you are not 98% convinced 9/11 was not an inside job.
Old 7th January 2017, 06:11 PM   #4
Garrison
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
I have been answering those questions for years at this point it just isn't worth the effort anymore.
Especially when you can be sure the answers will be rejected anyway for spurious reasons. That is doubtless the plan. People are simply fed up answering the same questions over and over, so when no one responds on the 10000th time of asking the OP will declare victory.
Old 7th January 2017, 06:15 PM   #5
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

I AGREE
With all due respect these questions have all been answered a long time ago.

I suggest you use the search function here, be patient and read the threads relevant to any inquiries you have.

Saying that, you're going about this the wrong way. Any reasonable person can look at what happened that day and easily conclude 19 hijackers crashed 4 planes, the alternate theories are moronic.

Occam's razor is your friend.
Old 7th January 2017, 06:41 PM   #6
Elind
Philosopher

I will be 100% convinced that there are no more fools on the planet when I never again see such stupid posts.
Elind is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 06:46 PM   #7
MrFliop
Scholar

Ha-Ha. Dont you think that I would have searched these forums for answers as soon as I found out about them. I tried going trough them to get answers I really tried. But, I quit after 10 minutes because I could not take it anymore with like 90% of comments being generic insults.
MrFliop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 06:55 PM   #8
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

It is cool, 98 percent?

That makes Ivory soap look like crap my man, you are convinced!
Old 7th January 2017, 07:12 PM   #9
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Ha-Ha. Dont you think that I would have searched these forums for answers as soon as I found out about them. I tried going trough them to get answers I really tried. But, I quit after 10 minutes because I could not take it anymore with like 90% of comments being generic insults.
There we have it.
Questions answered.
Answers rejected out of hand due to a political world view.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 07:15 PM   #10
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Wow, 10 whole minutes.
Old 7th January 2017, 07:22 PM   #11
Mark F
Muse

NIST have answered that question, not that it really matters. If you disagree with the reasoning then you need to replace this with another bullet point.

Quote:
Was it? If so in what quantities? Is such a finding unusual in such an unprecedented fire event?

Quote:
Analyzed for what?
What makes you think the WTC steel was not analyzed?

Quote:
Iron microsphere's are not unusual in large fire events. You can make them yourself in your backyard firepit. Why do you think this is important?

Quote:
Did they? Who knows, the people making that claim won't share their samples. Why won't they share their samples?

Quote:
Flashes of what? Seen by whom? Is there sound associated with these "flahses"? High velocity ejecta? Why do you think alleged "flashes" are important?

Quote:
I don't even know what that means.

Quote:
Was there? Where? Why do you think it is significant? Clearly the power was up on 9/11/2001 so not sure what the issue is here.

Quote:
Should NIST have not rejected the pancake theory? Why?

Quote:
He didn't.

Quote:
There were no "squibs" (typically defined as small explosive charges that set off bigger explosive charges). There were low-velocity ejections of compressed air filled with dustWhy wouldn't they be filled with dust? The idea that they wouldn't be boggles the mind.

If there were "squibs" why were they totally silent? Why were they not followed (indeed completely obliterated) by the larger explosive charges they are designed to set off? If there were squibs then there was no thermite so why does anyone give a rats left nut about paint chips and tiny iron balls?

Quote:
You should ask Tony. He's the one that invented that little bit of silly. When (if) you do ask him, make sure you ask how delayed action gravity works - because his "missing jolt" theory depends on it.

Or you could just take the short answer - there is no expectation of a jolt for the very simply and grossly obvious reason the columns were clearly out of alignment. Had to be.

Quote:
Which one? Four hijacker passports were recovered. While you are at it, how did millions of pieces of paper survive the plane crashes only to be ejected from the buildings and float around the city? How did drivers licenses, credit cards, et. al. from passengers who were not hijackers survive to be recovered? More importantly, why do you find this either mysterious or important? What difference does it make?

Quote:
Does it? What thermal imaging? Done when and pointed where?

Quote:
Have you actually seen the TT fires????

Quote:
There wasn't.

Quote:
They didn't.

Quote:
Except for all the ones that floated down to the ground mentioned above.

Quote:
I AGREE
And there it is. Most people post the video first and don't even bother with the disjointed list of un-related gish-gallop.

I have a question for you now. After watching that video did you even attempt to verify any claim in it or did you just nod your head in agreement then pop in to a forum frequented by engineers, aviation experts and the like who have been dealing with these nonsense claims for years thinking your 8 year old video was somehow going to upset the whole works?
Old 7th January 2017, 07:25 PM   #12
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Why should we care about fly ash Microspheres, and paint chips with carbon based epoxy that burns in air or the other truther BS?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 07:30 PM   #13
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Demolition truck parked next to wtc7? Well we ain't gonna get an answer to that question because it is completely made up.

By the way? Oh my gosh. A manhatten demolition truck in Manhattan!

Zoinks!

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0&postcount=35
Old 7th January 2017, 07:36 PM   #14
MrFliop
Scholar

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
NIST have answered that question, not that it really matters. If you disagree with the reasoning then you need to replace this with another bullet point.

Was it? If so in what quantities? Is such a finding unusual in such an unprecedented fire event?

Analyzed for what?
What makes you think the WTC steel was not analyzed?

Iron microsphere's are not unusual in large fire events. You can make them yourself in your backyard firepit. Why do you think this is important?

Did they? Who knows, the people making that claim won't share their samples. Why won't they share their samples?

Flashes of what? Seen by whom? Is there sound associated with these "flahses"? High velocity ejecta? Why do you think alleged "flashes" are important?

I don't even know what that means.

Was there? Where? Why do you think it is significant? Clearly the power was up on 9/11/2001 so not sure what the issue is here.

Should NIST have not rejected the pancake theory? Why?

He didn't.

There were no "squibs" (typically defined as small explosive charges that set off bigger explosive charges). There were low-velocity ejections of compressed air filled with dustWhy wouldn't they be filled with dust? The idea that they wouldn't be boggles the mind.

If there were "squibs" why were they totally silent? Why were they not followed (indeed completely obliterated) by the larger explosive charges they are designed to set off? If there were squibs then there was no thermite so why does anyone give a rats left nut about paint chips and tiny iron balls?

You should ask Tony. He's the one that invented that little bit of silly. When (if) you do ask him, make sure you ask how delayed action gravity works - because his "missing jolt" theory depends on it.

Or you could just take the short answer - there is no expectation of a jolt for the very simply and grossly obvious reason the columns were clearly out of alignment. Had to be.

Which one? Four hijacker passports were recovered. While you are at it, how did millions of pieces of paper survive the plane crashes only to be ejected from the buildings and float around the city? How did drivers licenses, credit cards, et. al. from passengers who were not hijackers survive to be recovered? More importantly, why do you find this either mysterious or important? What difference does it make?

Does it? What thermal imaging? Done when and pointed where?

Have you actually seen the TT fires????

There wasn't.

They didn't.

Except for all the ones that floated down to the ground mentioned above.

And there it is. Most people post the video first and don't even bother with the disjointed list of un-related gish-gallop.

I have a question for you now. After watching that video did you even attempt to verify any claim in it or did you just nod your head in agreement then pop in to a forum frequented by engineers, aviation experts and the like who have been dealing with these nonsense claims for years thinking your 8 year old video was somehow going to upset the whole works?
Welp, that convinced me! 9/11 Was An Outside Job 100%
Old 7th January 2017, 07:41 PM   #15
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

And you have convinced absolutely no one that you are 98 percent sure that it was not an inside jobby job.

No broken windows?

I laughed.
Old 7th January 2017, 07:53 PM   #16
Elagabalus
Graduate Poster

Please, take the time to fill out our ISF questionnaire and tell us a little more about yourself. That way we can tailor our generic insults to be more specific. More personal. And directed solely at you. How special do you feel, now?!

You're welcome!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 08:04 PM   #17
skyeagle409
Graduate Poster

I AGREE

For the same reason why these passports survived fiery aircraft crashes.

Passport and dollar bill recovered from a fiery plane crash site in Nepal

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multim...rt_340688c.jpg

Passports recovered from Malaysian Airlines, MH-17

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...16_964x523.jpg

Edited by Loss Leader:  Pictures changed to URLs to avoid hotlinking.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 8th January 2017 at 09:23 AM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 08:06 PM   #18
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
...as opposed to the SPECIFIC insult of clinging to a fantasy CT instead of learning any actual physics, or chemistry? How droll.

You have much learning to do.
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 08:07 PM   #19
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

I will be 100% convinced that 9/11 WAS an inside job if these questions are answered:

How were the three buildings prepped and wired with explosives, something that would have taken months to do, without anyone seeing anything?

Why isn't the ability to secretly wire a high-rise office building with explosives not considered to be much more frightening than hijacking a commercial jetliner, and crashing it into a building?

Why not set off the explosive charges in WTC1 & WTC2 a second after impact and kill 35,000 or more people instead of waiting?

Why destroy WTC7 eight hours later when nobody is in the building?

If the goal was to invade Iraq, why no planted evidence (passports, money transfers, etc) to directly implicate Iraq? And why not use chemical weapons instead of hijacked planes?

I have more questions, but no Truther has ever successfully answered any of them.
Old 7th January 2017, 08:15 PM   #20
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

98% seems pretty good to me. That's a lot more certain than I am about a lot of stuff I take for granted every day. I say you count the win and get on with your life.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 09:19 PM   #21
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Please, take the time to fill out our ISF questionnaire and tell us a little more about yourself. That way we can tailor our generic insults to be more specific. More personal. And directed solely at you. How special do you feel, now?!

You're welcome!
Please cite these any insults directed his/ her way.
Old 7th January 2017, 09:28 PM   #22
Elagabalus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post
Please cite these any insults directed his/ her way.
He hasn't filled out the questionnaire yet.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 09:36 PM   #23
Shiner
Motor Mouth

I AGREE
Wow man. That's the 2% that makes you doubt the official line?

I can see why you're still not sure after 15 years. You must have had a massive list to start with.
Shiner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 09:55 PM   #24
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
I literally have Swiss cheese in my fridge, about 10 feet away from me as I post.

Should I be concerned.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 10:09 PM   #25
Sceptic-PK
Illuminator

(right now I am 98% convinced that it was not)
Liar.
Sceptic-PK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 10:12 PM   #26
Hungry81
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
I literally have Swiss cheese in my fridge, about 10 feet away from me as I post.

Should I be concerned.
Im at the shops. The nearby grocers has swiss cheese and McDonalds has pancakes no theory needed. They recently began all day breakfast (I think) am I in danger? Help?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 10:30 PM   #27
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
He hasn't filled out the questionnaire yet.
Gotcha, until then I'm sure you can provide examples of these "generic insults" you've claimed.

Last edited by ProBonoShill; 7th January 2017 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Civility
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 10:30 PM   #28
skyeagle409
Graduate Poster

As confirmed by OBL,...

Quote:
Bin Laden Claims Responsibility for 9/11

Usama bin Laden (search ) made his first televised appearance in more than a year Friday in which he admitted for the first time ordering the Sept. 11 attacks and accused President Bush of "misleading" the American people.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2004/10...ty-for-11.html

Bin Laden Admits 9/11 Responsibility, Warns of More Attacks

A tape aired by Al-Jazeera television Friday showed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden admitting for the first time that he orchestrated the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks and saying the United States could face more.

As confirmed by al-Qaeda.

Quote:
Al-Qaeda released martyr videos for most of the 9/11 hijackers

The Al Jazeera satellite network shows an hour-long video about al-Qaeda containing footage given to it from al-Qaeda of some of the 9/11 hijackers, including a martyr video from hijacker Abdulaziz Alomari

al-Qaeda Video 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4dVz9c_PjE

al-Qaeda Video 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fr3rA_KKyk

http://cdn.historycommons.org/images...81722-8644.jpg

http://cdn.historycommons.org/images...1722-40641.jpg

Warnings from the international community.

Quote:
Taliban 'warned US of huge attack'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2242594.stm

They Tried to Warn Us: Foreign Intelligence Warnings Before 9/11

http://www.historycommons.org/essay....ytriedtowarnus

Documents

Quote:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...9/CIA_Memo.JPG

New documents show Osama bin Laden determined to strike U.S.

Newly declassified documents about slain al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden reveal his determination to keep the terrorist network focused on an attack on the United States.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...to-strike-u-s/

Edited by Loss Leader:  Pics changed to URLs. Please avoid hotlinking.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 8th January 2017 at 09:25 AM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 10:50 PM   #29
skyeagle409
Graduate Poster

?

And, all of the documents that were not destroyed in the 3 buildings.

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evid...er/terror1.jpg

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evid...er/terror3.jpg

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evid...er/terror4.jpg

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evid...er/terror7.jpg

As you can plainly see, it would have been much easier burning documents in a fireplace than to slam an airliner into a building in order to do the same job.

Edited by Loss Leader:  Images changed to URLs. No hotlinking - Rule 5.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 8th January 2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 7th January 2017, 10:57 PM   #30
skyeagle409
Graduate Poster

The same reason you see in the following photo.

http://contrailscience.com/skitch/ht...406-065657.jpg

Mod WarningDo not hotlink.
Posted By:Loss Leader

Last edited by Loss Leader; 8th January 2017 at 09:28 AM.
Old 7th January 2017, 11:53 PM   #31
Elagabalus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post
Gotcha, until then I'm sure you can provide examples of these "generic insults" you've claimed.

Dude, funny bone time. It's Saturday night. Others here are making Swiss Cheese jokes*

*What kind of Swiss Cheese? Gruyere? Fontina? Or just the ones with the holes?
Old 8th January 2017, 12:37 AM   #32
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
I hope, I really hope that you are being serious and not sarcastic.
You arrived with a long list of questions, questions that have already been repeatedly answered by well-qualified and knowledgeable members here. One of these took time to go through them once again, and furnished factual and reasonable answers to each one.
This is why you claim to be here. You now have the answers you needed. Are you sincere in your new-found conviction? You may have inferred from the weary tone here that this forum sees a good number of posters who begin as you did, and who reveal their true colours after a few posts: as die-hard conspiracy theorists, immune to education, uninterested in learning or discussion, only after a few days or weeks of sneering and futile point-scoring, before committing suicide by mod once they've had enough of being spanked.
Please don't be like those people. Be open, be sincere, and maybe you can help counter-balance the jaded tone of some of the long-term members here.
Old 8th January 2017, 12:50 AM   #33
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

yep, passports and small objects can survive aircraft impacts - proof is seen on 9/11, and NTSB investigated aircraft crashes.

Last edited by beachnut; 8th January 2017 at 01:02 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 01:35 AM   #34
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Really?

https://www.fema.gov/pdf/library/fema403_apc.pdf
Oops, analyzed. FEMA did some.
Did you try reading NIST?

Remember, 9/11 truth says no steel was analyzed... oops, liars.

9/11 truth = 9/11 Lies
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 03:29 AM   #35
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
The #1 question is "Why should we care?"
Old 8th January 2017, 03:42 AM   #36
Aepervius
Non credunt, semper verificare

Did you try even other source ? This forum does not make primary research. It only usually link to existing report. Therefore a little bit of google should direct you toward an answer to all of your question.

But naturally you may have to do a bit of research, whereas sitting down and announcing you will not be convinced if not spoon fed, is very easy. I did the same thing in my youth, sometime. It is pretty damn relaxing to have other do the work for you. I am not trying to be insulting, even if it appear so, it is truly easy.
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 05:36 AM   #37
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Most of these questions are strawmen, inane, or with trivial answers. Here's the obvious ones:

There is no compelling evidence that the first two were present. The building was clad with aluminium which was then subjected to weeks-long fires, so it would be extraordinary if Al2O3 wasn't present.

It was.

Because they are common components of dust. The highlighted part is untrue.

Because normal paint ignites at low temperatures.

Because windows reflect differently as they change orientation.

Eutectic corrosion in the rubble piles. Plus, neither thermite, explosives nor any other supposed means of demolition would produce such an effect.

Who cares? It was on a small number of floors in one of the towers, not the whole complex. Power cuts happen.

Because it was a provisional theory that turned out to be incorrect. Note also that this was the pancake initiation theory, not pancake collapse propagation.

Because he's a gormless twat.

Because they contain gypsum dust from the acres of collapsing drywall, as would be expected.

Because Tony Szamboti is... no, I won't say that. Because none would be expected. See my signature.

By being blown clear of the explosion too quickly to be badly burned by it; this is commonplace in plane crashes.

There were literally thousands of broken windows, and large areas of flames.

Because there's all sorts of traffic in New York.

Say what? This is a new one on me; I strongly suspect no such thing ever happened. Please elucidate.

What about them? There were documents in the buildings, and they were destroyed. The rest is Texas Sharpshooting.

And then, I suspect, a whole load more.

Quite simply, every historic event prompts unanswered questions. By insisting that all possible questions about 9/11 are answered you are imposing an unreasonable burden of proof.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 05:55 AM   #38
Mark F
Muse

Of all the possible replies you could have given, that one would have been at the bottom of the list. Proof positive you are not genuine, just trolling for attention and never had any real interest in any answers to your non-questions.

Let us know how that works for you down the road.
Old 8th January 2017, 06:10 AM   #39
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Classical Gish Gallop.

I'll pick one:
What a stupid question. It is perfectly clear why that paint ignites around 425 C: That is the temperature at which epoxy decomposes and ignited.

The smart question would actually be:
If the red chips were thermitic why do they ignite at low temperatures?
Because even the references on nano-thermite that the Harrit et al paper presents document that nano-thermite ignites at at least 100 C more. They even put the evidence in the paper - Figure 29:

See? The actual nano-thermite peaks far beyond the paint chip. By leaving out three of the four paint graphs, and by not drawing the ordinate (y-axis) at 0 W/g, this Figure kinda hides how bad the comparison really is. Here I overlayed all four DSC traces by Harrit ed al with the actual nano-thermite graph:

Note that Harrit ed al picked the one paint trace that is least different from actual nano-thermite.
Note that the actual nano-thermite reacts endothermally up until at least 270 C, and doesn't turn exothermal until about 380 C. Contrast this with the four Harrit-traces which all react exothermally since att least 200 C. The peaks for paint begin in earnest between ca. 360 C and ca. 410 C, nano-thermite only at ca. 500 C.

The other obvious difference is how much more energy the paint releases - that's the area under the graph: Up to 7.5 kJ/g - that's twice as much as even the most ideal thermite reaction could possibly release. How come? Harrit et al provide the explanation in their very crap paper:
Originally Posted by Harrit et al 2009
We suggest that the organic material in evidence in the red/gray chips is also highly energetic
This is perhaps the only true conclusion in the paper. In fact, it is inevitable that the organic matrix burns on air and releases MUCH MUCH more energy than a thermite reaction would, if there were any thermite in that matrix (there is, of course, none). It can be shown that the very data in Harrit et al proves that at least 98% of the energy released in their DSC tests must come from comustion of the organic matrix on air. Consider the specific energy of the alleged components:
  • Ideal, perfect thermite: 3.9 kJ/g
  • Actual, measured nano-thermite: ~1.5 kJ/g
  • Organic polymers: ~15 to 40 kJ/g (for example epoxy: ~20 kJ/g)
  • Iron oxide (the gray layer): ~0 kJ/g
As you can see, every ordinary organic substance is a LOT more energetic than nano-thermite: Paper and wood ~17 kJ/g. MrFliop, your ear wax and your dried ejaculate are more energetic than nano-thermite!

Since the gray layer is inert (Harrit et al state this in the very crap paper: "The gray layer was found to consist mostly of iron oxide so that it probably does not contribute to the exotherm,"), and since it is more dense than the red layer, and since its volume is of the same order of magnitude as the red layer's, the inert gray layer probably contains, on average, >50% of the chip's mass, and its mass is included in the average experimental result of ~4 kJ/g. From this we can conclude that the red layer must contribute >8 kJ/g on average - twice what thermite could do even in theoretical perfection. This can only be explained by organic combustion!

It follows that the DSC traces are dominated by organic combustion - and in fact "thermite" adds zero explanatory value.

The true question you ought to ask is therefore:
Why has the Truth Movement not renounced the Steven Jones and Niels Harrit HOAX that the red-gray chips are thermitic? And why do you believe any claim at all made by Movement that is unable to see through such a hoax?

Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited photos for size. Please use "IMGW=600" for large pictures.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 8th January 2017 at 09:42 AM.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 06:22 AM   #40
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
I will be 100% convinced that 9/11 WAS an inside job if these questions are answered:

How were the three buildings prepped and wired with explosives, something that would have taken months to do, without anyone seeing anything?

Why isn't the ability to secretly wire a high-rise office building with explosives not considered to be much more frightening than hijacking a commercial jetliner, and crashing it into a building?

Why not set off the explosive charges in WTC1 & WTC2 a second after impact and kill 35,000 or more people instead of waiting?

Why destroy WTC7 eight hours later when nobody is in the building?

If the goal was to invade Iraq, why no planted evidence (passports, money transfers, etc) to directly implicate Iraq? And why not use chemical weapons instead of hijacked planes?

I have more questions, but no Truther has ever successfully answered any of them.
That indeed deserves a new thread.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories