ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 26th December 2019, 08:42 PM   #1
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

The Trump Presidency: Part 19

I don't know why Republicans pretend to care about the homeless, homelessness is a part of the "free market" capitalism model. In fact, it shows that capitalism is working as it should, where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Mod InfoContinued from this thread. You may reply to or quote any post from there or previous parts.
Posted By:zooterkin
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.

Last edited by zooterkin; 27th December 2019 at 10:01 AM.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 09:03 PM   #2
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
I don't know why Republicans pretend to care about the homeless, homelessness is a part of the "free market" capitalism model. In fact, it shows that capitalism is working as it should, where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
Trump is the first Republican I can ever recall even mentioning it. My experience is they could care less about it. It's kind of like healthcare, but worse. They have no desire to spend money on it. They'd rather have tax cuts.if they do talk about them, its because they're an eyesore or they don't like being panhandled.

Last edited by acbytesla; 26th December 2019 at 09:05 PM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 09:56 PM   #3
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

I guess Justin T doesn’t much like my making him pay up on NATO or Trade!

FOX 13 Tampa Bay
@FOX13News
President Trump’s cameo in “Home Alone 2: Lost In New York” was reportedly cut from showings of the movie on Canadian broadcasts. The network says it was to make room for commercials. http://bit.ly/2SuSSi2

The movie will never be the same! (just kidding)

Mediaite
@Mediaite
'Censorship': Fox & Friends Calls Out Canadian Broadcaster For Removing Trump From Home Alone http://mediaite.com/a/gfkuk
And this is why I've started pointing out that the slang "snowflake" was created by the left on social media to describe white conservatives - they freak out at the slightest thing, and then claim that they're the ones who put facts over feelings. That happens a lot - black twitter (or another marginalized group - "triggers" come from the mental health community) comes up with a term, and eventually it shows up, hopelessly mangled and incoherent, among the right.

(Seriously, what's "cancel culture" even supposed to mean?)
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 10:02 PM   #4
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Trump Tweets

FOX 13 Tampa Bay
@FOX13News
President Trump’s cameo in “Home Alone 2: Lost In New York” was reportedly cut from showings of the movie on Canadian broadcasts. The network says it was to make room for commercials. http://bit.ly/2SuSSi2

Mediaite
@Mediaite
'Censorship': Fox & Friends Calls Out Canadian Broadcaster For Removing Trump From Home Alone http://mediaite.com/a/gfkuk
It’s the kind of thing a hypersensitive, petty tin-pot dictator would do. This is just another example of how Trump’s working theory of other minds and their motives is limited to parallels of the goings on inside his own big old meat head.

Last edited by Sideroxylon; 26th December 2019 at 10:03 PM.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 11:30 PM   #5
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Sure they do! They put a scatter-brained, unqualified Trump-ninny in charge of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, who had no idea recently that he was actually responsible for dealing with homelessness. Then his "solution" was basically to tell the homeless to pray to Jeebus, don't expect any more handouts, stop being lazy, get a real job, and stop cluttering up the doorstep of his shrine to himself home.

But conservatives can sometimes see sense...if it saves them money, of course.
https://www.theamericanconservative....-homelessness/
Funny thing is... a heck of a lot of actually "liberal" approaches to problems end up saving (and helping to make) huge amounts of money in the long run. Not all, of course, but a lot more than many find to to be intuitive. They tend to require some upfront investment, after all, and many of the benefits are not as immediately direct and obvious. The principle that "it takes money to make money" is surprisingly relevant, though, to sum things up there. That also plays into why austerity tends to amplify many problems, potentially pretty much wiping out the benefits in practice.

On the other hand, with libertarians, supremacists (usually white), and those like Ailes having hijacked much of the "conservative" politicians, policies, and propaganda, it's not often that I see much coming from that group that's not horrendously short-sighted and not even remotely in line with the overall betterment of the country as a whole.

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
I think that it's well worth looking at capitalism more generally, if you're going to bash it as generally as that. Capitalism is amazing in a bunch of goodways, after all, and that should not be forgotten. Of course, nor should its very significant flaws be overlooked or remain unaddressed, as many very, very rich people have been spending lots of money and engaging in unethical action to try to make sure happens for far too long.

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Trump is the first Republican I can ever recall even mentioning it. My experience is they could care less about it. It's kind of like healthcare, but worse. They have no desire to spend money on it. They'd rather have tax cuts.if they do talk about them, its because they're an eyesore or they don't like being panhandled.
All Trump's doing is bashing those he's deemed enemies, like he's been doing all along. Given psychology, what he and those who jump on the bashing bandwagon are getting out of it is, generally, a sense of superiority and a boost of self-esteem related to one's social identity. The specifics largely don't matter and nor does a more in depth look at how valid the bashing is, when what actually matters to them is that self-esteem boost. Even with that going on though, it's worth poking at a couple somewhat relevant things.

Even the National Review is supporting Trump's impeachment now.

Also, the public support for conviction and removal is now apparently at about 55%. All is not lost yet, by a long shot.

Last edited by Aridas; 26th December 2019 at 11:33 PM.
Aridas is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 12:58 AM   #6
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Even the National Review is supporting Trump's impeachment now.
No, it's not. That's a column in a new section designed for writers dissenting from their editorial line.
Old 27th December 2019, 01:39 AM   #7
SezMe
post-pre-born

Indeed. Here's how the second sentence starts in the Editor's Note at the beginning of the piece:
Quote:
NR opposes impeachment,....
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 01:50 AM   #8
Aridas

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
No, it's not. That's a column in a new section designed for writers dissenting from their editorial line.
*sighs* Sadly. I retract my statement about the National Review and offer up a notably weaker one. The National Review is allowing support for Trump's removal to be published under its name. It is still, of course, extremely anti-Democrat overall, and heavily invested in the right wing reality-optional bubble, by the look of it, but there also are bits of sanity peeking through.
Old 27th December 2019, 03:13 AM   #9
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I see Donnie has been on another manic tweetathon. Melania needs to slip some Valium into his morning diet Coke.
Diet? Diet Coke is a liberal plot to deprive you of your god-given sugar.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 04:19 AM   #10
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Diet? Diet Coke is a liberal plot to deprive you of your god-given [s]sugar[/s] high fructose corn syrup.

FTFY.
Sugar sales don't get daddy his new John Deere.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 04:49 AM   #11
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Well, they have a "solution" for "the homeless problem" but that's not the same thing.
No. I disagree completely, there’s no profit in that. We should not look to Hitler when trying to figure out the President, we should look to Charles Dickens.

When AChristmas Carol’s Scrooge is asked to donate money to the poor, the following exchange takes place
“Are there no prisons?"
"Plenty of prisons..."
"And the Union workhouses." demanded Scrooge. "Are they still in operation?"
"Both very busy, sir..."
"Those who are badly off must go there."
"Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
"If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."
There’s no money in murdering the poor. But if work houses could be brought back, it would be exactly the kind of thing PDJT and his backers would love. Folks in debt and folks unable to succeed in the world are locked up (with their kids) and are told there will work for a dollar or so each day. But that dollar will go directly to the person holding the debt or to the government.

Privatized prisons are a big step in this direction, but you cannot lock up the kids of people in jail for pot possession. How much more money could be made for convicting them of a felony,letting them go, watch them try to find a job, and then sweep the whole family into a workhouse?

The costs of Public education drops, the costs of federal school lunch subsidies drops. The”right” people make money and their property values increase as the “wrong” people are moved out of sight.

As I finish writing, I find myself unsure how much was tongue-in-cheek and how much was serious.

Edited to add
Hey we should be glad if they turn to Divkens. What if they should turn to Jonathan Swift’s remedies for the poor.

Last edited by Ladewig; 27th December 2019 at 04:53 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 06:37 AM   #12
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
And this is why I've started pointing out that the slang "snowflake" was created by the left on social media to describe white conservatives - they freak out at the slightest thing, and then claim that they're the ones who put facts over feelings. That happens a lot - black twitter (or another marginalized group - "triggers" come from the mental health community) comes up with a term, and eventually it shows up, hopelessly mangled and incoherent, among the right.

(Seriously, what's "cancel culture" even supposed to mean?)
"Fake news" is another example, of course. They love to hijack words and change their meaning entirely.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 07:02 AM   #13
Armitage72
Illuminator

Trump Tweets

FOX 13 Tampa Bay
@FOX13News

Mediaite
@Mediaite

Too bad Trump's cameo has been removed from their broadcast of the film since 2014. Don't let facts get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 08:44 AM   #14
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Too bad Trump's cameo has been removed from their broadcast of the film since 2014. Don't let facts get in the way of a good persecution complex.
There you go. Bringing facts into the discussion. Republicans are like Christians. They have no interest in facts.
Old 27th December 2019, 08:48 AM   #15
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

It is weird to see how the demarcation line between "Trump the President" and "Trump the Celebrity" is going to be drawn as time goes on, not helped by the fact that Trump himself sees no distinction between the two. Reagan might have been an actor turned President but he didn't bring Bonzo the Chimp with him to White House.

Trump was a pop culture fixture in a lot of the 80s. It's not on the level of, say, how much of a hole Michael Jackson would leave if public sentiment decided the things he did were worth "unpersoning" him but it is still interesting.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 27th December 2019 at 08:52 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 09:23 AM   #16
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

was reading a bit of analysis of Romeo and Juliet1 and found this idea:

Tybalt's notion of honour is all bound up in the masculine code of revenge: if he doesn't fight back against the teeniest, tiniest little insult, then his reputation as a man is in danger.
(1) I stood looking at two search engine results (neither of which had anything to do withRomeo and Juliet) and I chose a path - despite knowing how way leads on to way

Last edited by Ladewig; 27th December 2019 at 09:44 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 09:27 AM   #17
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
was reading a bit of analysis of Romeo and Juliet[super]1[/super] and found this idea:

Tybalt's notion of honour is all bound up in the masculine code of revenge: if he doesn't fight back against the teeniest, tiniest little insult, then his reputation as a man is in danger.
(1) I stood looking at two search engine results and I chose a path - despite knowing how way leads on to way
I've stated before that with Trump there's no person there, just a persona, a collection of affects and character traits.

Trump doesn't have a self image in the way you or me do. He's a projected self image. And he treats that self imagine like a trademark, if you don't defend, even against attacks that are pointless, you risk losing it.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 10:17 AM   #18
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Delete

Last edited by acbytesla; 27th December 2019 at 11:25 AM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 10:38 AM   #19
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post

Fox News' The Five conveniently omits the fact that the cuts were made well before Little Donnie Two Scoops came down the escalator. Mustn't let facts gum up the outrage machine.

First two minutes of https://youtu.be/hTdffG24XNQ

ETA: Notice the absurdity of Trump taking time to help a child.

Last edited by ferd burfle; 27th December 2019 at 10:40 AM.
ferd burfle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 10:40 AM   #20
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Quote:
California leads the nation, by far, in both the number of homeless people, and the percentage increase in the homeless population - two terrible stats. Crazy Nancy should focus on that in her very down district, and helping her incompetent governor with the big homeless problem!
Trump seems to forget. Homelessness is his problem too.
Not to mention the fact that as a congress-critter, Pelosi has very little ability to address the situation that her constituents are under. (What does Trump expect her to do? Personally go to every homeless person in her district to try to find them an apartment?)

She could push for legislation that might help the problem, but unless Moscow Mitch decides to get on board it would be a waste of effort.

Quote:
The easiest response is simply to confiscate the property of wealthy investors that are buying apartments and keeping them empty in order to drive up the prices of remaining housing, and provide them to those homeless who are can be reasonably trusted not to, say, tear the copper out of the walls. Well, this plus government-provided mental health care, and full funding of battered women's (and any other genre - men, intersex, etc.) shelters.
Don't be silly.

The best solution is more tax cuts. I'm sure once taxes are sufficiently low, all those homeless people will be able to afford to buy a house.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 12:25 PM   #21
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Academy Award winning actor (and great guy!) @jonvoight is fantastic in the role of Mickey Donovan in the big television hit, Ray Donovan. From Midnight Cowboy to Deliverance to The Champ (one of the best ever boxing movies), & many others, Jon delivers BIG. Also, LOVES THE USA!

Thank YOU Indian Country for being such an IMPORTANT part of the American story! I recently signed 3 bills to support tribal sovereignty....

....and native culture – S.216/Spokane Tribe, S.256/Native Languages and NDAA Sec. 2870 officially recognizing Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians. My great honor to do so!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 12:48 PM   #22
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
was reading a bit of analysis of Romeo and Juliet1 and found this idea:

(1) I stood looking at two search engine results (neither of which had anything to do withRomeo and Juliet) and I chose a path - despite knowing how way leads on to way
The need to constantly attack anyone for every little real or perceived slight is not the sign of someone with a good sense of self-esteem. Narcissism is not a true feeling of superiority; it is an overreaction to feeling very inferior.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 12:50 PM   #23
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Thank YOU Indian Country for being such an IMPORTANT part of the American story! I recently signed 3 bills to support tribal sovereignty....

....and native culture – S.216/Spokane Tribe, S.256/Native Languages and NDAA Sec. 2870 officially recognizing Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians. My great honor to do so!
Ok, lets leave aside the hypocrisy of Trump bragging about his support for native american issues, given his repeated racial slurs (such as his use of 'pocahontas' to describe Warren, which is considered quite derogatory among many.)...

Lets consider some of those bills, shall we?

S.256.... Sponsored in the senate by DEMOCRAT Tom Udall, and passed the DEMOCRATIC controlled house with no problem (thanks in part to Democratic representative Grijalva)

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...enate-bill/256

S.216.. Sponsored in the senate by DEMOCRAT Cantwell, and passed the DEMCORATIC controlled house with no problem (thanks in part to Democratic representative Haaland)

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...enate-bill/216

So congratulations to Trump.... all he had to do was sign into law certain pieces of legislation that were guided by the supposed 'Do nothing' Democrats.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 05:18 PM   #24
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

Academy Award winning actor (and great guy!) @jonvoight is fantastic in the role of Mickey Donovan in the big television hit, Ray Donovan. From Midnight Cowboy to Deliverance to The Champ (one of the best ever boxing movies), & many others, Jon delivers BIG. Also, LOVES THE USA!

One word response: POCAHONTAS.

ETA: Ninja'd.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 08:22 PM   #25
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
One word response: POCAHONTAS.

ETA: Ninja'd.
“I might have more Indian blood than a lot of the so-called Indians that are trying to open up reservations. It’s a joke.” (Donald Trump, 1993)

Maybe we should start referring to him as 'Powhatan' or 'Sitting Bull'. Nah, Chief Lying Bull Crap would be more apropos.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 08:39 PM   #26
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

“I might have more Indian blood than a lot of the so-called Indians that are trying to open up reservations. It’s a joke.” (Donald Trump, 1993)

Maybe we should start referring to him as 'Powhatan' or 'Sitting Bull'. Nah, Chief Lying Bull Crap would be more apropos.
Nah, it's all about childish name-calling. What is it called in the USA? "Ranking"? I wouldn't bother to give him the satisfaction of joining in.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 09:03 PM   #27
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Broke-ahontis.

(joke stolen from others)
Old 27th December 2019, 11:02 PM   #28
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
"Fake news" is another example, of course. They love to hijack words and change their meaning entirely.
Good catch! Yes, it was originally meant to call out headlines like "Pope Endorses Trump", as if Popes get involved in these things to begin with, and got mangled (by Dolt 45) into "News outlets I want to attack, regardless of reason". Although I'm not so sure that it was a marginalized group that came up with "fake news", but whatever, still works.

In any case, just remember that "snowflake" doesn't mean "liberal", it really means "wildly oversensitive white person" - often, but not always, concerning racial discussions. And "triggered" doesn't mean "upset or angry", it means "suffering a PTSD-related panic attack due to some stimulus" - such as a war vet that has a panic attack due to firework displays.

And man, these guys who spent the day howling about how Dolt 45's meaningless scene in HA2 was cut are a flurry of snowflakes...
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th December 2019, 12:28 AM   #29
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Good catch! Yes, it was originally meant to call out headlines like "Pope Endorses Trump", as if Popes get involved in these things to begin with, and got mangled (by Dolt 45) into "News outlets I want to attack, regardless of reason". Although I'm not so sure that it was a marginalized group that came up with "fake news", but whatever, still works.

In any case, just remember that "snowflake" doesn't mean "liberal", it really means "wildly oversensitive white person" - often, but not always, concerning racial discussions. And "triggered" doesn't mean "upset or angry", it means "suffering a PTSD-related panic attack due to some stimulus" - such as a war vet that has a panic attack due to firework displays.

And man, these guys who spent the day howling about how Dolt 45's meaningless scene in HA2 was cut are a flurry of snowflakes...
No...it's just further proof that the Deep State, Obama, and Libtards were already out to get Trump as early as 2014.
Old 28th December 2019, 01:50 AM   #30
Aridas

No...it's just further proof that the Deep State, Obama, and Libtards were already out to get Trump as early as 2014.
Liberal plots are incredible like that. I think that you might have forgotten to bring up Soros, though. Soros' reach and power is amazing, after all.
Old 28th December 2019, 04:12 AM   #31
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Now that wasn’t very nice, was it?

Tom Fitton
@TomFitton
John McCain tried to destroy @realDonaldTrump with false accusations of treason by spreading the garbage Clinton- DNC Dossier. https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status...69374176739328

Wow Crazy Nancy, what’s going on? This is big stuff!

Constitutional Republic TEXT TRUMP 88022
@Text88022
@oann exposes those DemocRATS & their Ukraine ties Joe & Hunter & Nancy & Paul; seems like it’s a Family Affair

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 28th December 2019 at 04:14 AM.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th December 2019, 06:08 AM   #32
Tero
Graduate Poster

The homeless business has to do with weather. In the middle and the North, where I live, the population of homeless is connected to space in homeless shelters. Even ours spend a good three months mostly outdoors. But in winter they are in the shelters, a few odd die every winter outdoors.

In California you don't need to go anywhere. A sleeping bag is enough shelter all the way up to the Bay area.

A slow migration from other areas, and people who went bankrupt, lost health etc keeps adding to homeless in CA.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th December 2019, 06:50 AM   #33
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

California and New York must do something about their TREMENDOUS Homeless problems. They are setting records! If their Governors can’t handle the situation, which they should be able to do very easily, they must call and “politely” ask for help. Would be so easy with competence!
Old 28th December 2019, 06:55 AM   #34
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Do you people honestly think Trump doing a "My Indian Heritage Routine" after making such a big deal about Pelosi wasn't totally intentionally?

Trump isn't blundering into hypocritical statement by accident. He's doing them on purpose to get a reaction out of people, a reaction he knows will distract them.

He's literally being impeached and he can still Gish Gallop his way into distracting people with something.
Old 28th December 2019, 08:02 AM   #35
Random
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Do you people honestly think Trump doing a "My Indian Heritage Routine" after making such a big deal about Pelosi wasn't totally intentionally?

Trump isn't blundering into hypocritical statement by accident. He's doing them on purpose to get a reaction out of people, a reaction he knows will distract them.

He's literally being impeached and he can still Gish Gallop his way into distracting people with something.
Nah, there is no distraction strategy. He genuinely does blunder around like that. It is just done at such a high rate that no-one can keep up, so it actually works to his advantage. Since it works to his advantage, he does not make the behavioral changes needed to stop doing it. Why would he? The Mainstream Media doesn't know how to handle so many scandals big and small being generated by one man. It's like trying to drink from a fire hose.

There is only one Trump Scandal. It is Donald Trump.
Old 28th December 2019, 08:31 AM   #36
Tero
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post

His "they can't do anything" attitude will be his downfall. The impeachment is good to get over with, as after that he will feel like he is untouchable. He will do worse things than Ukraine. Then we get to impeach him again right before the election.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th December 2019, 12:54 PM   #37
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

Now that wasn’t very nice, was it?

Tom Fitton
@TomFitton
John McCain tried to destroy @realDonaldTrump with false accusations of treason by spreading the garbage Clinton- DNC Dossier. https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status...69374176739328

Wow Crazy Nancy, what’s going on? This is big stuff!

Constitutional Republic TEXT TRUMP 88022
@Text88022
@oann exposes those DemocRATS & their Ukraine ties Joe & Hunter & Nancy & Paul; seems like it’s a Family Affair
Tom Fitton is head of Judicial Watch. I sincerely doubt Trump reads that twitter feed, but one of his abject flunkies does...Miller?

This is just a piss-weak attempt at provocation, plus a dig at John McCain's legacy again. Reptile can't help himself.
Old 28th December 2019, 01:00 PM   #38
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

California and New York must do something about their TREMENDOUS Homeless problems. They are setting records! If their Governors can’t handle the situation, which they should be able to do very easily, they must call and “politely” ask for help. Would be so easy with competence!
<unserious>
I didn't know there was a competition to set homelessness records! What's the scoring method?
</unserious>

<serious>
Doesn't the level of homelessness speak to a totally failing economy and lack of funded resources by federal agencies? So who is responsible for that? Care to own up, Mr Trump? Mr McConnell?
</serious>
Old 28th December 2019, 01:09 PM   #39
Doubt
Philosopher

Why do I get the feeling that what Trump wants to do is start up some camps and have the same people that run private prisons and ICE detention facilities run them at very high cost?

On the face of it this just seems like the old FEMA camp conspiracy BS but this seems to fit what this administration actually does.
Old 28th December 2019, 01:09 PM   #40
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
His "they can't do anything" attitude will be his downfall. The impeachment is good to get over with, as after that he will feel like he is untouchable. He will do worse things than Ukraine. Then we get to impeach him again right before the election.
He already has, as per Mueller.

These can all be added to the current list of articles, of course. It is up to Pelosi as to when sending the list to the Senate will cause Trump and the GOP the most damage politically. There's a strategy in play here. We shall see how it pans out.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics