ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 14th February 2020, 02:25 PM   #2481
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 310
Wait, I see his strategy now! He's not just some rando on the internet, he's cleverly diluted himself several times to make a cure for the Global Power Structure far more potent than anything produced by Big Pharma, especially psychiatric help.
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2020, 03:20 PM   #2482
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,603
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
yankee451 has been MIA since Feb 5. I think they finally located him. Proof that he must have been right all along and had to be eliminated.
You know, that might be the best thing that could happen. Blow up his own house. Fake his own death. Or, since it's so easy, create someone and hire some actors to play friends and family on the news.

Come on Yankee, put your shoulder into it!
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2020, 01:06 AM   #2483
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,252
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
yankee451 has been MIA since Feb 5. I think they finally located him. Proof that he must have been right all along and had to be eliminated.
Oh, he's around all right. He's just hiding from the hard questions.

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Hey, yankee451! How about you come back and answer the questions? Running away and proclaiming victory from a distance looks....vertebraically challenged.
Oh, one more question: on your website, you say that people on this forum are lying.
Can you quote the posts you believe, or even better, have proven, to be lies? Again, it seems a little Sir-Robinny to run away and then make accusations like that from a safe distance.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2020, 01:28 AM   #2484
The Common Potato
Thinker
 
The Common Potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The Scunthorpe Problem
Posts: 237
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Oh, he's around all right. He's just hiding from the hard questions.



Oh, one more question: on your website, you say that people on this forum are lying.
Can you quote the posts you believe, or even better, have proven, to be lies? Again, it seems a little Sir-Robinny to run away and then make accusations like that from a safe distance.
The only other option is that yankee451 is wrong. That is an inconceivable thought.

Last edited by The Common Potato; 16th February 2020 at 01:33 AM.
The Common Potato is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2020, 08:39 AM   #2485
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 310
At least he seems to object to getting involved in a land war in Asia.
__________________
You are so vain, I bet you think this signature is about you, don't you?

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2020, 01:27 PM   #2486
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster
 
BasqueArch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,870
How do you know you are right? (Epistemology)

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
And once again, for those of you with short attention spans, the burden of proof lies with the person making the claim, not we who call BS to the claim. The original claim being, on 9/11 mostly hollow aluminum jets burrowed into the ground, bored through a concrete and brick building, and sliced through steel skyscrapers like butter.
You cling to videos and alleged witness accounts while disregarding the physical evidence which proves they're false. If you think you can prove the jets were real, then now's your chance to use the same evidence we all have access to, to prove it.
https://www.logicalfallacies.org/
For propositions that can be empirically tested and repeatable (Universal, or General propositions) use the Scientific Method.
Scientific Method : The method of soundly testing a hypothesis by measurable empirical experiment and validated or refuted. If validated then the proposition becomes a (General) theory.

e.g. Gravity bends light; vaccines provide active acquired immunity to a particular disease – True; The Michelson-Morley experiment proved that there is a medium (ether) surrounding all things; N-rays exist - False

For propositions about the past that cannot be empirically tested and repeatable (Singular propositions) use Hume’s Method.
Hume’s Method: A proposition that is tested by measuring in quantity and quality the evidence known and validated or refuted by the proportion of the evidence. If probably validated then the proposition becomes a Singular truth.
Types of Evidence:
Documentary Evidence: any proof that can be presented in writing or any number of media upon which such documentation can be recorded and stored (photographs, recordings, films, printed emails, etc.).

Physical Evidence: any proof in the form of a physical object, whether whole or in part.

Prima Facie Evidence: evidence sufficient to establish a claim until rebutted by contrary evidence.

Scientific Evidence: Evidence scientific in nature.

Testimony Evidence: spoken or written evidence given by a witness.
Application of Hume’s Method:
e.g. Hitler invaded Russia; NASA landed on the moon in 1969; JFK was killed by Lee Oswald alone –True; planes did not hit the Twin Towers, missiles did. -False
And mutatis mutandis – WTC7 collapsed due to demolition, not fire; a plane did not hit the Pentagon; no one was killed at Sandy Hook, –All False
__________________
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 01:29 PM   #2487
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,764
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
You know, that might be the best thing that could happen. Blow up his own house. Fake his own death. Or, since it's so easy, create someone and hire some actors to play friends and family on the news.

Come on Yankee, put your shoulder into it!
Wow.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 01:34 PM   #2488
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,578
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Wow.
Why do you make up lies about 9/11? The missiles did it, is one of the dumbest claims in 9/11 truth. And you never will have evidence.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 01:37 PM   #2489
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,808
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Wow.
You wouldn't be the first CT loon to gin-up a murder attempt - Ruppert reported a couple of attempts on his life while in the L.A.P.D that landed him on the rubber gun squad.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 02:15 PM   #2490
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,764
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
You wouldn't be the first CT loon to gin-up a murder attempt - Ruppert reported a couple of attempts on his life while in the L.A.P.D that landed him on the rubber gun squad.

Couldn't care less what sick mind thinks such things.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 02:33 PM   #2491
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,764
For the record, the skeptics have had their say, but they are at a loss for words. Anyone can read the thread for themselves.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 02:38 PM   #2492
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,808
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
For the record, the skeptics have had their say, but they are at a loss for words. Anyone can read the thread for themselves.
Encountering insanity tends to have that effect on people.

Yes, they can. It saves them from visiting your site full of nuttiness.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 02:42 PM   #2493
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 310
We're still waiting on you to answer questions. When all you do is show up and sputter insults before crawling back to some godforsaken corner of the internet, it gets boring.
__________________
You are so vain, I bet you think this signature is about you, don't you?

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 02:45 PM   #2494
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,764
Originally Posted by StillSleepy View Post
We're still waiting on you to answer questions. When all you do is show up and sputter insults before crawling back to some godforsaken corner of the internet, it gets boring.
No you're not. Yes, it gets boring.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 02:47 PM   #2495
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 310
Care to elaborate on how we're not waiting for you to answer questions?
__________________
You are so vain, I bet you think this signature is about you, don't you?

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 02:49 PM   #2496
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,764
Originally Posted by StillSleepy View Post
Care to elaborate on how we're not waiting for you to answer questions?
Your questions (most of which were irrelevant and didn't address the physical evidence about which this thread is based) have been answered ad nausea. Scroll back.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 02:56 PM   #2497
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 310
Sorry, but I'm not seeing anything from you that matches the physical evidence available, just empty assertions. Very lampoonable assertions.
__________________
You are so vain, I bet you think this signature is about you, don't you?

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 03:13 PM   #2498
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,764
Originally Posted by StillSleepy View Post
Sorry, but I'm not seeing anything from you that matches the physical evidence available, just empty assertions. Very lampoonable assertions.
Sorry, but I'm not seeing any questions, however irrelevant, that haven't been answered. Perhaps you can compile a list.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 03:15 PM   #2499
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 310
See previous page.
__________________
You are so vain, I bet you think this signature is about you, don't you?

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 03:16 PM   #2500
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,764
Originally Posted by StillSleepy View Post
See previous page.
It all looks the same to me. Answered a thousand comments ago. Please indulge me with a list.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 03:19 PM   #2501
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 310
I just did, the questions on the previous page are in list format.
__________________
You are so vain, I bet you think this signature is about you, don't you?

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 03:21 PM   #2502
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,764
Originally Posted by StillSleepy View Post
I just did, the questions on the previous page are in list format.
There are very few questions on the previous page. Most of the comments are not questions, but nonsense. Every question I see has been answered.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 03:21 PM   #2503
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,252
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Sorry, but I'm not seeing any questions, however irrelevant, that haven't been answered. Perhaps you can compile a list.
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
It all looks the same to me. Answered a thousand comments ago. Please indulge me with a list.
My pleasure. Asked repeatedly, never answered.


Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Asserted without evidence.



Oh, I don't know. Maybe they could set up their own website, and then go on skeptics' forums? No, that's too crazy. No-one would think of doing that.


Which nations do you claim are 'owned' by this group?



Been asked before, but where are these resources? Where are these armies and navies based?


Not quiet enough, apparently, as you seem to know all about them.
How do you know what you claim you know? Where did you get this information?



The 'sheeple factor' is an invention of conspiracy theorists. No such thing actually exists. Plenty of people have spoken out against oppressive regimes, and this is still going on today. Tibet, Iran and Hong Kong are some obvious examples.
That said, perhaps they are scared. Have you contacted any of them?



Apart from you, that is. And all the other truthers, whose theories you may reject, but who are still speaking out. How strange. It's almost as if that's yet another unfounded assertion.
Oh, wait- it is.



Please quote a qualified expert in this CGI technology, saying that what you are claiming was at least technically possible in 2001. Otherwise, this is yet another unsupported assertion.




Well, it seems that unqualified amateurs like you can differentiate missile damage from plane damage, so perhaps it's not so hard.



So they faked a method that was totally impossible, in order to construct a plausible scenario to cover their real actions.
Ridiculous.
Any luck with that explanation about the relative sizes of the missiles and the gaps, yet? Still waiting...
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
You have already said that you don't believe those witnesses.
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
So what we have, in yankee451's scenario, is the Global Power Structure firing missiles from its own military, against another military it owns, to drum up justification, which it repeatedly didn't use, for invading a country it already controls. When this failed, they concocted a huge and elaborate plot to fake a terrorist attack, using missiles they couldn't possibly conceal, and a cover story that could never be plausible, to drum up public support that they didn't need, to try again to invade a country they already controlled.

yankee451: Do you really believe this is the world we live in?
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Oh, he's around all right. He's just hiding from the hard questions.



Oh, one more question: on your website, you say that people on this forum are lying.
Can you quote the posts you believe, or even better, have proven, to be lies? Again, it seems a little Sir-Robinny to run away and then make accusations like that from a safe distance.

I await your detailed answers with unfounded optimism.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 03:28 PM   #2504
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 13,726
Just checking in to see if Steve is still pushing his inane, thoroughly debunked garbage.

Yep!

ETA
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
I await your detailed answers with unfounded optimism.

"It was an act of the purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place"
- J. Cleese
__________________
"Covid-19 doesn't care whether you are a Republican or a Democrat; its an equal opportunity killer" - Joy Reid

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 27th February 2020 at 04:39 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 03:28 PM   #2505
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit
 
Blue Mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waging war on woo-woo in Winnipeg
Posts: 5,895
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
For the record, the skeptics have had their say, but they are at a loss for words. Anyone can read the thread for themselves.
I'm reminded of the anecdote about a pigeon playing chess. And in case it's not obvious, in my view yankee451 is the pigeon, and the forum is the chessboard.
__________________
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 03:30 PM   #2506
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,764
Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
I'm reminded of the anecdote about a pigeon playing chess. And in case it's not obvious, in my view yankee451 is the pigeon, and the forum is the chessboard.
Perspective is a marvelous thing. I see a flock of pigeons.

Birds of a feather, herd together!

Last edited by yankee451; 27th February 2020 at 03:31 PM.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 04:09 PM   #2507
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,578
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Perspective is a marvelous thing. I see a flock of pigeons.

Birds of a feather, herd together!
There is only one who is pushing the lie of missiles, it is you. You lie about 9/11 and have no evidence to back your claims.

You don't care if you are spreading lies about the murder of thousands of fellow Americans killed by followers of UBL. You don't care you are spreading lies.

Why did you skip learning physics? Why do you lie about the murder of thousands of your fellow citizens?
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 04:51 PM   #2508
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 13,726
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Perspective is a marvelous thing.

It certainly is.

From my marvellous perspective (and while I don't wish to speak for others, I think it is safe to say that the other skeptics here will agree)...

1. You have completely failed to provide any verifiable, robust, incontrovertible evidence in support of your spurious claims.

2. You have repeatedly refused to answer, and/or studiously avoided answering any questions that challenge your spurious claims.

3. You have side-stepped, handwaved away or simply dismissed out of hand any evidence that contradicts your spurious claims.

4. You have dismissed out of hand, without explanation, any and all alternative interpretations of what little evidence you have provided.

In short, you have got nothing, you never had it, and you will never have it.
__________________
"Covid-19 doesn't care whether you are a Republican or a Democrat; its an equal opportunity killer" - Joy Reid

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 27th February 2020 at 04:53 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 05:01 PM   #2509
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 310
So I disappeared for over an hour and all Yankee has accomplished towards answering the questions he said he would is... (checks notes) ... a single taunt?
__________________
You are so vain, I bet you think this signature is about you, don't you?

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 05:05 PM   #2510
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,217
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
For the record, the skeptics have had their say, but they are at a loss for words. Anyone can read the thread for themselves.
If they tried from the start hey would die laughing at your attempts.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 06:25 PM   #2511
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 310
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
__________________
You are so vain, I bet you think this signature is about you, don't you?

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 06:45 PM   #2512
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,764
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
My pleasure. Asked repeatedly, never answered.













I await your detailed answers with unfounded optimism.
How many times would you like me to answer these same questions?
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 06:49 PM   #2513
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,764
Originally Posted by StillSleepy View Post
So I disappeared for over an hour and all Yankee has accomplished towards answering the questions he said he would is... (checks notes) ... a single taunt?
Again, how many times would you like the same irrelevant questions answered?
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 06:51 PM   #2514
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 310
You haven't answered them yet.
__________________
You are so vain, I bet you think this signature is about you, don't you?

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 06:52 PM   #2515
Steve
Philosopher
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,939
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
How many times would you like me to answer these same questions?
Cosmic Yak will have his own answer, but I would like to see you answer them once.

CY was able to quickly link to his list of questions. Can you provide a similar link to your list of answers?
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 06:54 PM   #2516
Steve
Philosopher
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,939
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Just checking in to see if Steve is still pushing his inane, thoroughly debunked garbage.

Yep!

ETA


"It was an act of the purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place"
- J. Cleese
I really wish you wouldn’t do that.
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 07:14 PM   #2517
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,437
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Your questions (most of which were irrelevant and didn't address the physical evidence about which this thread is based) have been answered ad nausea. Scroll back.
You have no physical evidence.

You have ONE picture in which you've made an interpretation of what you see. You have not posted any other photos of the damage from other angles to support your claim.

This combined with you blatant inability to grasp facts and embrace fantasy leaves you with nothing but a sad fairy tale.

You have no missile parts or reports of missile parts.
You have no USAF flight logs wherein an F-15 or B-1B took off with a cruise missiles only to return without them.
You have no log of unaccounted for missiles or any ordinance.
You no recent interviews with eye-witnesses making claims of missiles or small planes, only from 2001 and those are worthless.

All you have is a claim that missiles were used because, in your view, a 767 is incapable of causing the damage to the WTC. A claim not supported by science or the real world facts. In other words - you have nothing.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2020, 12:24 AM   #2518
Robin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 11,693
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Your questions (most of which were irrelevant and didn't address the physical evidence about which this thread is based) have been answered ad nausea. Scroll back.
It certainly gets boring waiting for you to provide any evidence, physical or otherwise.

When do you think that you will get around to presenting any?

Or are you still going to base the whole thing on your personal incredulity about a piece of cladding that got severed nearly all the way through and a few others that got bent a certain way?
__________________
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2020, 03:53 AM   #2519
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,064
way long past the time for Steve. He is essentially a doubting Thomas and effectively nothing more than a troll. He is not making any effort at rigor or integrity. He should be ignored. Close the thread.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2020, 06:41 AM   #2520
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,067
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
How many times would you like me to answer these same questions?
Once without resorting to whataboutery. That would be ideal.

You have a photo which you interpret as excluding a plane. We disagree with your interpretation.

You have an alternative explanation which you reckon explains the photo, but it conflicts with just about every other thing know about the event.

So there we are; either a) it wasn't a plane or b) your interpretation is wrong.

When confronted with reasons to regard a) as utterly incredible and therefore b) as highly probable, your "answer" is essentially just "what about the photo?". Simply put, you are wrong about the photo.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:15 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.