ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old 29th May 2020, 05:22 PM   #2841
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Q-sheep fail yet again on their prediction that JFK JR. would emerge from the shadows today, May 29, 2020. But have no fear, they still bleat on.

Quote:
I don’t think we’re going to see #JFKJR until the #RNC2020 Convention. Surprise keynote speaker? Maybe he will introduce
@realDonaldTrump
? #trumpcard! #MAGA2020Landslide #KAG2020 #TheGreatAwakening #WWG1WGA
Bah-bah-bah.

Bwahhahhahhahhah.

ETA: I should confess here that I was incorrect in my characterization of Q-nuts as Unsinkable Rubber Ducks. What they are in essence is Forever Fleece-able Sheep.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020

Last edited by Resume; 29th May 2020 at 05:26 PM.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2020, 06:31 PM   #2842
Pacal
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Yes. Its obvious he loves censorship!
Having read Trump's executive order: https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...9i703kht61J5Ds

It is obviously an attempt to by Trump and his acolytes to limit speech he doesn't like in the guise of an anti-censorship Executive Order. The constitutionality of this is very, very dubious.

Why did Trump do this? Well because one of the platforms had the unmitigated gall to say one of the statements of the most holy and divine Trump was basically a lie. Trump's little fee - fees were hurt so he came out with this piece of crud. But then it is pare for the course for Authoritarians to phrase attacks on freedom has defences of freedom. (See Putin). But then Trump seems to like Authoritarian jerks and quite obviously admires Putin, kleptocratic ruler of Russia, murderer and former KGB boss. Of course only the most foolish don't know that Putin helped Trump win in 2016, collusion or not. (We will have a better idea when the full Mueller Report is released. If Trump has nothing to hide he should release it.)

And of course Trump has through his tweets etc., made it abundantly clear that he is stunningly thin skinned and absolutely incensed by criticism of any kind. So yeah I think the idea of censorship is something that appeals to him.

What also amuses me is that anyone thinks that Trump is in any sense an outsider. Trump is a member of the elite and has since his election done many things to increase the wealth etc., of the elite he is a member of. He is a faux populist of the worst kind and outside of the USA a laughing stock.

Last edited by Pacal; 29th May 2020 at 06:34 PM.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2020, 06:53 PM   #2843
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pacal View Post
He is a faux populist of the worst kind and outside of the USA a laughing stock.
He would be one inside it too, except it's beyond being a laughing matter for us.
Old 29th May 2020, 07:02 PM   #2844
Bubba
Illuminator

Having read Trump's executive order: https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...9i703kht61J5Ds

It is obviously an attempt to by Trump and his acolytes to limit speech he doesn't like in the guise of an anti-censorship Executive Order. The constitutionality of this is very, very dubious.

Why did Trump do this? Well because one of the platforms had the unmitigated gall to say one of the statements of the most holy and divine Trump was basically a lie. Trump's little fee - fees were hurt so he came out with this piece of crud. But then it is pare for the course for Authoritarians to phrase attacks on freedom has defences of freedom. (See Putin). But then Trump seems to like Authoritarian jerks and quite obviously admires Putin, kleptocratic ruler of Russia, murderer and former KGB boss. Of course only the most foolish don't know that Putin helped Trump win in 2016, collusion or not. (We will have a better idea when the full Mueller Report is released. If Trump has nothing to hide he should release it.)

And of course Trump has through his tweets etc., made it abundantly clear that he is stunningly thin skinned and absolutely incensed by criticism of any kind. So yeah I think the idea of censorship is something that appeals to him.

What also amuses me is that anyone thinks that Trump is in any sense an outsider. Trump is a member of the elite and has since his election done many things to increase the wealth etc., of the elite he is a member of. He is a faux populist of the worst kind and outside of the USA a laughing stock.

I'm sorry but I have to reject that. It is just wrong all around.

Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2020, 07:23 PM   #2845
Pacal
Graduate Poster

Talking

[quote]
Quote:

Hilarious!! Reality Bites!!!
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2020, 07:54 PM   #2846
eerok
Quixoticist

I'm sorry but I have to reject Qanon. It is just stupid all around.

(Now I have a canned response for this thread, which will help me give it all the effort it deserves.)
Old 29th May 2020, 08:10 PM   #2847
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
I'm sorry but I have to reject Qanon. It is just stupid all around.

(Now I have a canned response for this thread, which will help me give it all the effort it deserves.)
Qanon is as stupid and wrong as flat earth. All the effort needed to respond to either is simply "No, you're wrong."

That's it.

George Will on
June 1, 2020
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2020, 11:54 PM   #2848
Bubba
Illuminator

He's right to crow.

He is plain dang sure Q never foretold and consistently laid out in detail the investigation of the investigators which is now expanding.

Thank Our Sweet Lord Baby Holy Jesus that us guys of the one faith can simplemindedly close our eyes as we are wont to do and pretend it just isnt happening.

Plus, we can strut & bluster prematurely on the lack of criminal referrals.

Any day now credules. Soon.

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Qanon is as stupid and wrong as flat earth. All the effort needed to respond to either is simply "No, you're wrong."

That's it.

Last edited by Bubba; 30th May 2020 at 11:55 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2020, 01:08 AM   #2849
Bubba
Illuminator

Information released as the Justice Department dropped its charges against Gen. Mike Flynn shows that President Barack Obama, in his final days in office, played a key role in fanning the flames of phony scandal. Fully briefed on the “Crossfire Hurricane” investigation, he knew the FBI had come up with nothing despite months of work starting in July 2016.https://nypost.com/2020/05/11/looks-...iagate-scandal

Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove apparently identifying data

Last edited by Agatha; Yesterday at 10:46 AM.
Old 31st May 2020, 07:36 AM   #2850
eerok
Quixoticist

He's right to crow.

He is plain dang sure Q never foretold and consistently laid out in detail the investigation of the investigators which is now expanding.

Thank Our Sweet Lord Baby Holy Jesus that us guys of the one faith can simplemindedly close our eyes as we are wont to do and pretend it just isnt happening.

Plus, we can strut & bluster prematurely on the lack of criminal referrals.

Any day now credules. Soon.
The GOP using investigation as a smear tactic is just a standard play from their douchenozzle playbook.

Q is just in it for the lulz. Get over it. It's all a stupid fantasy.
Old 31st May 2020, 07:48 AM   #2851
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

The GOP using investigation as a smear tactic is just a standard play from their douchenozzle playbook.

Q is just in it for the lulz. Get over it. It's all a stupid fantasy.
Not a chance. Our protagonist tried every CT under the sun and was repeatedly demonstrated to be incorrect. In the Q nutbaggery, he has found a CT that can be bent and twisted to fit pretty much any CT claim. This is how Q works. Make vague claims of vague things that will happen at some vague future time. All of the previous failed vague predictions get swept under the rug in favour of the newest vague predictions.

Why do people fall for Q? At least some are LARPing/trolling/poeing.
Some are gullible.
Some simply like the sense of superiority it gives them.
Some actually believe it.

That simply does not change the simple fact that Q is abject nonsense.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2020, 07:55 AM   #2852
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Why do people fall for Q? At least some are LARPing/trolling/poeing.
Some are gullible.
Some simply like the sense of superiority it gives them.
Some actually believe it.
I wouldn't be surprised if one day conspiracism would earn an entry in the DSM as a personality disorder. There are some disorders that touch on it now, but (perhaps enabled by the rise of the internet) it appears to be a thing in itself at this point.
Old 31st May 2020, 07:58 AM   #2853
eerok
Quixoticist

I can't argue with that.

eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2020, 08:07 AM   #2854
carlitos
"más divertido"

The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the Q and the R and the S together; and a little child shall lead them. And that child shall not know the BBCode, nor the HTML, nor the English.
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2020, 08:35 AM   #2855
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday with a large Q on a camel. What the heck?
Old 31st May 2020, 08:37 AM   #2856
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Any day now credules.
Never ever, ever sheep.

No OBAMAGATE ever.

No gitmo ever.

No frogmarching ever.

Bah-bah-bah

Q is as stupid and wrong as flat earth. That's it.

George Will on
June 1, 2020
Old 31st May 2020, 08:39 AM   #2857
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Soon.
Never.

George Will on
June 1, 2020
Old 31st May 2020, 09:00 AM   #2858
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Is it D5 yet?
Old 31st May 2020, 09:05 AM   #2859
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Is JFK JR. alive again yet?

George Will on
June 1, 2020
Old 31st May 2020, 04:21 PM   #2860
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Information released as the Justice Department dropped its charges against Gen. Mike Flynn shows that President Barack Obama, in his final days in office, played a key role in fanning the flames of phony scandal. Fully briefed on the “Crossfire Hurricane” investigation, he knew the FBI had come up with nothing despite months of work starting in July 2016.https://nypost.com/2020/05/11/looks-...iagate-scandal

You do realize that there will be no investigation right? There will be a pretense of one but it will only get air on Fox and Trump's tweets. The more important world events will suck all the oxygen from the story. No one will want to go to a DC or Northern District of Virginia Grand Jury with anything. There is no "Obamagate" and nothing will ever happen. All McCabe got was a book deal. The Grand Jury declined to indite. He was the easy one.

Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2020, 04:59 PM   #2861
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
You do realize that there will be no investigation right? There will be a pretense of one but it will only get air on Fox and Trump's tweets. The more important world events will suck all the oxygen from the story. No one will want to go to a DC or Northern District of Virginia Grand Jury with anything. There is no "Obamagate" and nothing will ever happen. All McCabe got was a book deal. The Grand Jury declined to indite. He was the easy one.
This is Q's moment to shine. Who cares if there's no light?

Any sensible person knows that Obamagate is pure BS, but this won't put a dent in the faith of Q believers. They're waiting for the rapture, even if it takes thousands of years.
Old 31st May 2020, 09:34 PM   #2862
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Darn, the Hale-Bopp comet will not pick up the Q Cult for thousands of years...

https://i.imgflip.com/43jjir.jpg
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2020, 11:17 PM   #2863
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Still waiting for all the people from the Uranium-1 scandal to be arrested...
...any day now...
Q promised
Old 1st June 2020, 03:23 PM   #2864
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Is JFK JR. alive again yet?
He has already (not) emerged to lead the Q people on April 10, 2019 and July 4, 2019, and he's booked to (not) speak at this year's RNC.

At least he won't be in danger of catching Covid-19 at the convention, him being dead and all.
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2020, 03:31 PM   #2865
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
He has already (not) emerged to lead the Q people on April 10, 2019 and July 4, 2019, and he's booked to (not) speak at this year's RNC.
A group that's never succeeded at anything fully deserves a leader who's guaranteed to never show up.
Old 1st June 2020, 03:52 PM   #2866
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

A group that's never succeeded at anything fully deserves a leader who's guaranteed to never show up.
Alright. I laughed.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2020, 03:56 PM   #2867
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker

I'm just waiting for the back-from-the-dead-and-ascended-to-places-unknown retcon, though I understand that took a few centuries the last time.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2020, 04:01 PM   #2868
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I can't argue with that.
Well, the preceding link is just a link.

The apparent gibberish following is actually interesting, It's Bubba's, cooky tracking info.

The "fbclid=" term is a cookie tracker or "class ID". It allows anyone to uniquely identify him if so motivated.

A note to mods would seem the correct route.

Old 1st June 2020, 07:56 PM   #2869
gmanontario
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Well, the preceding link is just a link.

The apparent gibberish following is actually interesting, It's Bubba's, cooky tracking info.

The "fbclid=" term is a cookie tracker or "class ID". It allows anyone to uniquely identify him if so motivated.

A note to mods would seem the correct route.
It's for FaceBook too. The mystery deepens.

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 02:01 AM   #2870
Bubba
Illuminator

Fascinatin how y'all get so funnied up and all upon seeing mention of the ongoing legal actions Q predicted all along.

Old 2nd June 2020, 03:40 AM   #2871
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Fascinatin how y'all get so funnied up and all upon seeing mention of the ongoing legal actions Q predicted all along.

I'm sorry, but I have to reject all that. It is just wrong all round.

Hey! You guys were right- this is easy! Now I can feel all smug and superior without having to lift a finger to defend or support my views. Coolio!
Old 2nd June 2020, 06:19 AM   #2872
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Fascinatin . . .
No OBAMAGATE ever.

No gitmo ever.

No frogmarching ever.

Bah-bah-bah

Q is as stupid and wrong as flat earth. That's it.

ETA: Q is as stupid and wrong as flat earth, and breatharinaism. That's it.

George Will on
June 1, 2020

Last edited by Resume; 2nd June 2020 at 07:03 AM.
Old 2nd June 2020, 08:18 AM   #2873
eerok
Quixoticist

Q never gets anything right, though if a Dem gets a traffic ticket, I'm sure that will be counted as vindication. You should talk to your dead leader about a new plan.

And by the way, I'm always funnied up. It's a lifestyle.
Old 2nd June 2020, 03:08 PM   #2874
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Looks like the Q his own self fell hard yesterday for a twitter meme of Philly using World War Z vid under an MSNBC graphic.
Oops.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 11:54 PM   #2875
Bubba
Illuminator

Trump declaring Antifa a terrorist outfit?

Quote:
SCIF stands for Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility. Q mentions just such a facility in drop #14 on 10/31/17 along with mentioning ANTIFA by name & asking this question:

What happens if Soros funded operations get violent and engage in domestic terrorism?
Old Yesterday, 12:20 AM   #2876
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster

You have a slight problem with this claim.

"President Donald Trump pointed to the anti-fascist movement antifa, claiming: “The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization.” But there is no such official federal designation for domestic terrorism organizations."

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/tr...-organization/

Try harder next time.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM   #2877
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
SCIF stands for Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility. Q mentions just such a facility in drop #14 on 10/31/17 along with mentioning ANTIFA by name & asking this question:

What happens if Soros funded operations get violent and engage in domestic terrorism?
Gee. And what happens when pigs grow wings? Will they fly or does the Square–cube_lawWP take affect?

And SCIF also stands for Stupid Crap that Idiots Follow.

And anyway: https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...eople-protest/
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM   #2878
eerok
Quixoticist

What's a terrorist outfit? Camo and a ski mask? Antifa isn't organized, so once again Trump is full of twaddle.
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM   #2879
eerok
Quixoticist

In hydroxychloroquine news:

No Evidence Hydroxychloroquine Is Helpful In Preventing COVID-19, Study Finds [npr]

As if we needed more evidence that Trump is an idiot and Q is a troll for pretending otherwise.
Old Today, 03:45 AM   #2880
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Declaring legitimate activism to be terrorism is a classic tool of oppressive governments- look at China over the Hong Kong protests, for example.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories